NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Kerr and KD go at it and Dubs fans are silent. Staying on code just in case they need to pull for KD down the road again. :lol:

I'm constantly astounded at the narratives you invent. You're like Michael Jordan when it comes to inventing narratives, except he used it internally to fuel his success and you use it feed your obsessions with others.

I'm not a Dubs fan but I'm a Curry/Green fan and I'll root for the Dubs as long as they have them. My perspective is Kerr is an overrated coach who they might be better off without and Durant is a bitch who was never as essential to the team as Curry. So fuck 'em both. Everyone's world does not revolve around your King.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I'm constantly astounded at the narratives you invent. You're like Michael Jordan when it comes to inventing narratives, except he used it internally to fuel his success and you use it feed your obsessions with others.

I'm not a Dubs fan but I'm a Curry/Green fan and I'll root for the Dubs as long as they have them. My perspective is Kerr is an overrated coach who they might be better off without and Durant is a bitch who was never as essential to the team as Curry. So fuck 'em both. Everyone's world does not revolve around your King.

If KD and LeBron face up in the Final, we know who you and all the Curry fans will be pulling for. :ssshhh:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
If KD and LeBron face up in the Final, we know who you and all the Curry fans will be pulling for. :ssshhh:

I actually think Curry's narrative benefits more from KD losing than LeBron. Curry's ahead of KD all-time and he's not going to top LeBron. So KD going to another superteam and winning at his very next opportunity would be much more annoying than LeBron winning a fifth title.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Harden being a hero again is proof the media and fans would rather players demand a trade while under contract then be a free agent and control their own destiny. Nothing is worse than a "free" Black man. Im still mad about what LeBron did to those white folks in Ohio and those Cubans in Miami.

The media is nothing but white supremacy in words
That's all it's ever been sports ain't no different.

This is why I get frustrated when people showcase articles approved by white editors as something these black men feel or said to pit us against each other

The entire like skin dark skin is a them problem not us.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
"His impact outside of basketball is limited."

I'll remember that when I don't hear shit about your death and they're still making Kobe murals.

Its the truth, he's celebrated for playing basketball. Outside of that what? Those murals are all depictions of him as an athlete and of him being a father to his biracial daughter. But he uplifted NO ONE and empowered NO ONE except white jewish people like Rob Pelinka. Tell me a Black woman or Black man not affiliated with the NBA that Kobe Bryant empowered? That is why he is so loved, he ran from his Blackness and was post racial. Now that that type of behavior is frowned on, his stans be on twitter revising his life to make him seem like Malcolm X and that he was "pro black". When all you do is "shut up and dribble" and never speak up for shit and never help anyone but yourself and immediate fam, this is what we're left with. Tell me his impact outside of basketball?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The media is nothing but white supremacy in words
That's all it's ever been sports ain't no different.

This is why I get frustrated when people showcase articles approved by white editors as something these black men feel or said to pit us against each other

The entire like skin dark skin is a them problem not us.

I wish it was just a them problem, but its not. A lot of Black people will align with white supremacy to denigrate a Black person if it will get them ahead or make their group look respectable. Im the only person on this board who would acknowledge or address colorism in the NBA. As long as white people bash the darker brothers everybody was cool with it and willing to go along cuz hey it means light skin folks benefit, so no harm no foul.

So no its not just WS, Black people especially Team Light Skin is just as complicit. They help perpetuate the tropes and stereotypes. Just this week a light skinned poster saw white people being racist about LeBrons injury on twitter, and decided to bring the fun here. When he got checked on it by other posters, he tried to pivot the thread to me. Light skin people rallying to be anti black runs rampant on this board. He would never try to rally the board to laugh at a biracial or light skinned players injury. Or try to shame their fans. There are no threads where BGOL has clowned a fan of a light skin or biracial player EVER. Everything is about WHITENING the game now that we handing out 30 and 40 mill a year deals. The NBA is not about building generational wealth for Black people from the "ghetto" from broken homes with "posses". Until I see more folks acknowledge the bias rather than make excuses for it or pretend it dont exist, I cant just say its all white people. No, plenty Blacks wanna help, they Team WS too.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
As a Bulls fan can't wait to see the new look team. Theis will probably not be available tonight but he will next game. Also hearing the Bulls are taking a look at Jeff Teague(waivers) for the remainder as a PG option. I like the compete now attitude the new management has brought to the Bulls. Hopefully they can string together some wins the remainder of the season.