Netflix: Stranger Things Official Season 4 Discussion (Drops 4/28/22) (Season 4 Vol2 Trailer 6/21/2022)

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Was Barb a closeted lesbian and in love with nancy. She was trying to cockblock.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great show. Really looked like it was filmed in the 80s. They nailed that. Um, Barb tho?

Confucius

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that would be nice...let this season end like a twilight zone ep...leave us wondering what happens but move on to a new story...@ the same time I was more enthralled by the characters than the story so I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see them back
Yeah
I feel like they nailed it with this season...cliff hanger
If they try to pick this up season 2 they will prolly drop the ball.
Season 2 needs to be a new story completely

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Everybody should've watched it by now. What could a season 2 be about? An Hopper putting waffles in the box at the end... I thought the show was casted excellently. An loved the production. This was just an excellent overall show, who ever the studio is that did this show has some serious talent.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://theblemish.com/2016/07/auto-draft-9/

https://vimeo.com/user18238325

stranger-things.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Alright.
Just had the time to finish it.

I don't remember much about the 80s however it did look and feel just like the 80's I've been accustomed to seeing. They mixed all the good aspects of the 80s and kept the bad parts out seamlessly. From the look to the type of music playing in particular scenes they did their thing.
The story itself made complete sense, no holes in it. Which is a huge accomplishment, they managed to take you from point a to b in 8 episodes and fill satisfied. Because there were only 8 everything was streamlined which worked. Next season they might be able to do 10 because everyone is established and they can add a little more detail to it since things are here. They understood you have to get things moving and spending 3 episodes explaining shit just would result in people not finishing the season. By ep1 Will was gone and 11 was here. Bam. You're in.

Lucas, Dustin and Mike have the worst parents in the world. I guess it's the 80's and you're relaxed in a small town but, We never even saw Dustin and Lucas' parents, even at the funeral, at the hospital at the end, nothing. Mike and Nancy's parents are just as clueless. Not a diss just stating a fact.

The acting was superb. Conveyed all the right emotions. Winona nailed her part. From grief to seemingly being delusional to being proven right and having a big I told you so to everyone who thought she should have given up on her son.
R.I.P. Cleary. R.I.P. Barb.
Hopper needs an award. Tough grizzled all the way to walking down a path he was scared to face until he got the courage to look for Will.
11 is obviously still out there and Will is infected. What that means we'll have to wait an entire year to see.
The best part about Netflix shows is that they come out of nowhere, catch fire and then it's gone.
I might actually watch this again after I get to Bojack which is probably the most underrated cartoon I've seen in my entire life.

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo, I'm late as hell, but watched it in 2 chunks over this past week. It's everything people have said so far.

You take the basic plot structure of Firestarter and E.T. , add in a clique of fearless kids similar to the Goonies, Stand By Me and The explorers, THEN mix in a distraught set of parents and sibling like Poltergeist. Hell, they even thru in a 16 candles type arc for the Nancy character.

This is what Super 8 and Chronicle both tried to tap into with only partial success.

That young Bro who played Lucas was probably the most authentic young Black character I've seen on film/tv since Sean Nelson did Fresh. When dude got geared up to go after his boy, I jumped up and shouted at the screen LOL.

All them young actors and actresses really put it down like how 80's kids were. I can't help but wonder if Winona Ryder looked at the actress playing Nancy and thought "How's it feel to be me Bitch?" Cause she definitely would have been cast in that role 30 years ago.

Nice to see Matthew Modine as well. He's damn near iconic for his own roles in the 80's (Birdy and Full Metal Jackson come to mind) ..

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Watched all of season 1 in a few days with my girl. On point from start to finish. Hopefully that season 2 holds up to the hype. Appreciate BGOL bc I'm watching shows I'd never paid attention to.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wife and i are late..we just decided to start watching this and got hooked..the story, the 80's setting and authentic feel..man between this and "the get down" we watched more TV in the past couple weeks than we have for the rest of the year.

Reactions: LSN

BLACKLOOP

Rising Star
Registered
Mane the sheriff was batman without a damn bat costume.. Dope ass show, great acting,young tupac killed it...

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I would have never expected... 4 pages when I first created this thread. This is one of the first times I've seen a show not get single negative post on this board. Thats impressive in and of itself.