Note 7 recalled worldwide!!!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
My screen is cracked also. dropped it right before the recall was announced. I'm wondering if they will allow me to swap at Verizon even with the screen busted?

Did you have a case? All you dudes with cracked screens are scaring me worse than this fire shit. It's not like an iPhone where you can just go to your Apple store and drop it off for an hour or two.

My cases arrived yesterday. I dont like otterboxes. I ordered Spigens from amazon

The cracks are small..but noticeable. Got out of the car with it in my lap

I made that mistake once, now I buy cases before I get the phone. Prime shipping helps.

Just got this from TMO I love TMO

Dear Customer,

Samsung notified us today that they are recalling the Galaxy Note7 due to a battery safety concern. There have been 35 cases reported globally as of September 1st. Samsung has communicated to us that they will have replacement Note7 devices that should be available in the next 2-4 weeks.

As our customer, your safety is our number one priority. We're making it easy for you to return and exchange your Galaxy Note7, free of charge.

You have options:
1. Sign up and we’ll let you know when the new Samsung Galaxy Note7 is available
2. Switch to a new device
3. Return phone for a full refund

Please click here for more info.

Sincerely,/ Your T-Mobile Team

That's cool. I like the sign up part and we'll let you know when one is available.

I wonder if they'll offer another gift?

So far at least I've read with AT&T it's $25 off if you get another Samsung phone or another Note.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
Registered
Returned mine for a full refund but it wasn't really even because of the recall. More because the phone had a good bit of lag and it cost more than what it was worth. Took it back to Sprint, full refund with no questions asked.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
man full refund and you get to keep the gift. That's a great deal, especially on that sd card

missed out this time, glad I did not buy it though

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Amazon is doing full refunds immediately. You don't even have to return the phone right now

also

If you purchased accessories for this phone on Amazon.com, we can help you return and get a refund on those items.

https://www.amazon.com/contact-us/&tag=vp314-20.

Returned mine for a full refund but it wasn't really even because of the recall. More because the phone had a good bit of lag and it cost more than what it was worth. Took it back to Sprint, full refund with no questions asked.

So what did you get instead?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Same here. Screen protectors and cases. I don't fuck with them ugl'ass, big ass Otterbox cases.

I used to get Otterbox cases back in the day, because they were in the store and convenient. Joints are bulky and awful looking. Just a big hunk of rubber on your phone.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Seeing how Best Buy buyers have been treated will make me hesitant from buying from them ever again. Certain stores have been turning people away and made it a hassle to get their money. People have had to prove the the workers that they're supposed to accept the return by giving them their own website. :smh:

It's sad because they have dedicated mobile phone employees and they don't even know about the recall and information sitting on their website.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Amazon is doing full refunds immediately. You don't even have to return the phone right now

also

If you purchased accessories for this phone on Amazon.com, we can help you return and get a refund on those items.

https://www.amazon.com/contact-us/&tag=vp314-20.

That's real cool of Amazon.

wHN58N.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
That's real cool of Amazon.

Yeah, seeing how these companies are handling this is making me keep track of who I want to fuck with in the future.

I've gotten almost all my phones from Best Buy, because I always pre-ordered from them. This one I ordered straight from AT&T, because you get your phone a little early and I can set up my phones myself. Plus a couple of times I had a little wait at Best Buy.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yeah, seeing how these companies are handling this is making me keep track of who I want to fuck with in the future.

I've gotten almost all my phones from Best Buy, because I always pre-ordered from them. This one I ordered straight from AT&T, because you get your phone a little early and I can set up my phones myself. Plus a couple of times I had a little wait at Best Buy.
Yeah a lot of people said they not fuckin with Best Buy like that anymore. At least for phones.

viiN1f.jpg

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Samsung should have let shit just ride out. 35 defective phones out of 2.5 million sold world wide. Or 24 out of every million sold was defective. That is what Apple would have done. It's an inconvenience but not a deal breaker for me.

Any recall program takes a few weeks to implement and that is too long to go with out a phone.

If your phone is defective it's right out the box, out the gate from the jump or straight from the assembly production line...... it's never days or weeks later. If you ain't one of those 35 people whose phone battery exploded while charging, then your good. A defect in the battery will show itself right away, not days or weeks later.

My note 7 works fine after 7 days of use including full charging by the way.

Yours Truly..... Professor

So you'll just let them ride it out if of it bursts into flame and burns your house down?

"Yo, Samsung no foul we good!"

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
This happens to any kind of front loader. Samsung happens to be one of the better manufacturers out there of appliances along with TV equipment. I can't down them if 35 out of 2.5 million phones were damaged. I think one should congratulate them on repairing a problem from the gate and not covering up a situation as many companies do.

Side bar that Apple fan boys forget as well is that Samsung makes the chips in Apple phones.

:dunno:

Im gonna be real...i've had galaxies for a while now.. notes, S5, S6...but for me I still think that these phones have too much lag to be a $900 device. I already know people are going to say, don't use touchwiz, get nova launcher, etc. But I just don't feel as if I should have to do that shit for a phone that costs this much. Depending on what you're doing the lag is definitely noticeable and it was the same way with the last 2 galaxy phones i've had. Honestly considering switching to that new Moto phone or maybe the V11. Having to replace the launcher on a phone that expensive is just some bullshit.

Why don't you just get an iPhone or a pure Google device like a 1 Plus3 or Nexus.

I don't understand why people get Android phones and don't want to change something that takes 30 seconds. That's why people buy Android, because it isn't locked down and you can easily change the theme, launcher, icons, keyboard, messaging app....

Sea Bastid

Rising Star
Registered
people over charge their phone. I wait til mine get to 30% then charge. I never charge after it hit 100

Sea Bastid

Rising Star
Registered
That's not how technology is supposed to work. There is no such thing as overcharging. Yes, it can be full but leaving it on in charge shouldn't be a safety hazard and isn't even acceptable by any means.
well see. I aint returning my shit. To inconvenient.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
people over charge their phone. I wait til mine get to 30% then charge. I never charge after it hit 100

People forget about their phone and now this has fast charging, so it's charged in like an hour. It's understandable.

I don't remember beyond my last couple of phones, but this phone gets unusually hot to me when charging.

Sea Bastid

Rising Star
Registered
People forget about their phone and now this has fast charging, so it's charged in like an hour. It's understandable.

I don't remember beyond my last couple of phones, but this phone gets unusually hot to me when charging.
which is why I take it off as soon as its charged. I never charge over night. Doing it they way I do I've never felt abnormal heat from the phone. Like you said it charges quick. No need to leave it in. I even unplug my fire stick. I noticed it getting too hot if I leave in.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor

Hell, my current S6 Edge gets hot as hell charging or not. :smh:

Last edited:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Samsung may announce a global recall of the device. The production of the Note 7 has been halted for further testing. Speculations point to third party chargers and USB-C connecters.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-reportedly-planning-recall-for-galaxy-note-7/

Apple is most likely having a blast with this one.

INSERT Darkness laugh here. Yup.

Good for them for getting rid of the removable battery..

That pissed off a lot of people. Nigga at work tripping the fuck out when he tried to show it off to some folks and couldn't get the battery off. He was learning on the go.

On mine right now
Loving it so far

A lot of people do. Wifey just got the Edge and she loves it.

I put my phone in my front pocket too. :smh:

Would've blew my dick off. :smh: :smh:

SHIT! I can imagine that headline on Today right now.

Thank you.

Only thing is for the folks that didn't order online or if you try to return it to a retailer, they have NO clue what to do with the refund procedure.

Mother-in-law tried to return hers, it was a gift from my father-in-law and they wouldn't take the thing back. Told her to take it to a corporate store but when they went to the corporate store they couldn't even find the 7 in the system, its NOT the same registry as the phones bought at a kiosk or a retailer. They turn back around and head to the retail store and the hefty white bitch at the counter refused to return the 7, then talked shit to my in-laws, followed them out the store doing her white privilege act, talking about don't stand in front of the store bad mouthing Verizon or T-Mobile, threatening to call the cops and everything.

I swear father-in-law was almost too calm... it almost scared me when they told me because I know how he gets down. They end up going back later after looking up the refund process, returning the phone, free gift, got out that bullshit ass Verizon contract and everything.

White bitch need to lose her job on the okey doke shit.
oNE

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Samsung may announce a global recall of the device. The production of the Note 7 has been halted for further testing. Speculations point to third party chargers and USB-C connecters.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-reportedly-planning-recall-for-galaxy-note-7/

Apple is most likely having a blast with this one.

Good for them for getting rid of the removable battery..

On mine right now
Loving it so far

A lot of people do. Wifey just got the Edge and she loves it.

still have mine and holding unto to it until teh bs clears, its no tlike its every fukkin fone that got fucked up, its just a few, enufff to cause an alarm

Man, don't even take the chance. Why? You could be that one.

I put my phone in my front pocket too. :smh:

Would've blew my dick off. :smh: :smh:

SHIT! I can imagine that headline on Today right now.

Yup. I love everything that Samsung does. Most the shit in our crib is Samsung and its tech worthy for years! This is just a bump in the road.

Thank you.

Only thing is for the folks that didn't order online or if you try to return it to a retailer, they have NO clue what to do with the refund procedure.

Mother-in-law tried to return hers, it was a gift from my father-in-law and they wouldn't take the thing back. Told her to take it to a corporate store but when they went to the corporate store they couldn't even find the 7 in the system, its NOT the same registry as the phones bought at a kiosk or a retailer. They turn back around and head to the retail store and the hefty white bitch at the counter refused to return the 7, then talked shit to my in-laws, followed them out the store doing her white privilege act, talking about don't stand in front of the store bad mouthing Verizon or T-Mobile, threatening to call the cops and everything.

I swear father-in-law was almost too calm... it almost scared me when they told me because I know how he gets down. They end up going back later after looking up the refund process, returning the phone, free gift, got out that bullshit ass Verizon contract and everything.

White bitch need to lose her job on the okey doke shit.

:smh:
oNE

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Just got this from TMO I love TMO

Dear Customer,

Samsung notified us today that they are recalling the Galaxy Note7 due to a battery safety concern. There have been 35 cases reported globally as of September 1st. Samsung has communicated to us that they will have replacement Note7 devices that should be available in the next 2-4 weeks.

As our customer, your safety is our number one priority. We're making it easy for you to return and exchange your Galaxy Note7, free of charge.

You have options:
1. Sign up and we’ll let you know when the new Samsung Galaxy Note7 is available
2. Switch to a new device
3. Return phone for a full refund
Please click here for more info.

Sincerely,/ Your T-Mobile Team

Darth, no wait , I meant - Lord Frosty, I just showed your post to wifey for her moms.

:dance:

She going to T-Mobile at 10 to get on a plan. I have NO idea why she was on Verizon wireless to begin with but TMO seem to go out of their way to support their customers.

:yes:
oNE

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, don't even take the chance. Why? You could be that one.
i believe I have a higher chance of winning the lottery twice before mine is on e of the 36 bad ones in whole fucking world bruh! lol! besides i stays on the bedpost at night ,during the day in my pocket ,it never heats up and if and when it does ill just take it out the pocket and let it fry outside, aint like im chained to the phone that i wont be able to take it out my pocket .. i see it as unnecessary hype from apple fanboys ..every electronic item ever produced has malfunctioning units.. the social media generation makes th hysteria worse

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
i believe I have a higher chance of winning the lottery twice before mine is on e of the 36 bad ones in whole fucking world bruh! lol! besides i stays on the bedpost at night ,during the day in my pocket ,it never heats up and if and when it does ill just take it out the pocket and let it fry outside, aint like im chained to the phone that i wont be able to take it out my pocket .. i see it as unnecessary hype from apple fanboys ..every electronic item ever produced has malfunctioning units.. the social media generation makes th hysteria worse
Bruh...So now it's an apple fanboy conspiracy? :lol:

Man be on the safe side. Return that phone and get you a Note 7 with the fix on it before you fuck around and have the incredible melting cell phone.