Obama Critical of Black Lives Matter Movement

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10,000 Asians got a convicted cop killer off for MURDER, yet our president wants black people to stop yelling,

Fucking Obama

LONDON — President Obama, speaking to young activists and leaders at a town hall meeting here Saturday, offered some unsolicited guidance to those pressing for change back home and had some tough words for the Black Lives Matter movement.

The president was asked about the social movements that made him change his mind about issues in the White House. He credited the campaign for marriage equality for gay Americans for leading him to reverse his position, and then he pivoted to the Black Lives Matter movement.

The young black activists have been “really effective in bringing attention to problems” of the criminal justice system and police violence, Obama said.

[Black Lives Matter and America’s long history of resisting civil rights protesters]

But he cautioned that the group’s leaders had been too dismissive of elected officials. “Once you’ve highlighted an issue and brought it to people’s attention … then you can't just keep on yelling at them. And you can't refuse to meet because that might compromise the purity of your position,” Obama said.

Obama met with civil rights activists, including representatives of the Black Lives Matter movement, in February at the White House to discuss criminal justice reform. Aislinn Pulley, one of the co-founders of the group’s Chicago chapter, declined the invitation. “I could not, with any integrity, participate in such a sham that would only serve to legitimize the false narrative that the government is working to end police brutality and the institutional racism that fuels it,” Pulley wrote in an essay for Truthout, an online news organization.
Obama meets with Black Lives Matter leaders and activists
Play Video1:39

Obama didn’t mention Pulley on Saturday, but he criticized some Black Lives Matter activists who, he said, were unwilling to negotiate with elected leaders.

“The value of social movements and activism is to get you at the table, get you in the room, and then to start trying to figure out how is this problem going to be solved,” Obama said. “You, then, have a responsibility to prepare an agenda that is achievable, that can institutionalize the changes you seek.”

The president also noted that he was speaking from experience. "I started as a community organizer trying to pressure politicians into getting things done," he said. "And now I’m on the other side."

Them Asians wasn't yelling bruh...

Thier economic and political powers were being flexed...

He said they did a great job getting to the table but then you CAN'T keep yelling.

We been marching since the 60's

Unify, pool money, vote, stop making a spectacle and start making actionable demands

Rel

BLK STAR & BLACK BUSINESS OWNER
Registered
Both Obama and blacklivesmatter ain't shit...While Obama has been the president more people have jobs now compared to Bush. BLM ain't done shit but participate in photo-ops. They can channel that energy into something more productive. Fuck politics, they not gone help black ppl at all we gotta help one another.

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
He's the ultimate coon

:smh:

dudes like you use the 'coon' word without even knowing what it means either historically or literally. the fact that you use it to describe president Obama let's me further know that you don't know what you're talking about. the dude wasn't critical of blm. one of the first things he articulate was all about giving them props. but then he kicked this; “Once you’ve highlighted an issue and brought it to people’s attention and shined a spotlight, and elected officials or people who are in a position to start bringing about change are ready to sit down with you, then you can’t just keep on yelling at them,” Mr. Obama said.

“And you can’t refuse to meet because that might compromise the purity of your position,” he continued. “The value of social movements and activism is to get you at the table, get you in the room, and then to start trying to figure out how is this problem going to be solved.”

that sheit was on point. after you brought attention to a problem then it's up to everybody to address it and not just the ones u think are 'pure'. and this whole thing with showing up to public spots and screaming at politicians will get u a cool hashtag on twitter but does zero when it comes to actually accomplishing anything tangible. first you gain attention, then you gain influence through that attention, then you meet with officials who have the power to change what you want changed. and if they're not receptive? use your newfound influence to rally a lot of others to your cause and funnel that energy to back someone you know and trust and run them opposite of that bullsheit sitting politician who you don't like. then do what you feel needs doing in the community. cause after a certain point all that screaming in public begins to sound like whining. and you stop being interesting or influential.

that's what fuked up with occupy movement a few years back. they had local politicians scrambling like 'what do you need me to do? I want to be down' but instead of using their newfound fame and exposure to actually get some things done long term they were like 'fuk u! you're part of the problem. we want a revolution. down with the 1%'. that sheit looks good on a t-shirt but what tha fuk did it accomplish long term? nuthin. younger dudes who want to be activists gotta look at dudes like Julian Bond and Stokely Carmichael back in the 1960s when they were young men coming up in their movements. they had similar shine like these blm and occupy dudes do today, but they used that media spotlight to align themselves with local and national figures to actually get things done first in their communities then later on a more national level. all those programs that so helped black and brown communities back in the late 60s and through the late 70s didn't happen by chance. and if it wasn't for that beatch azz Ronald regan cutting funding to those programs to pay for his bullsheit tax cuts for the wealthy and wasteful arms race, those tax dollars would still be funneled into our communities all over the nation

Last edited:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I was sure guilty of that thought process..

made every excuse known to man

but with a black president, black attorney general, black homeland security head yet no advocacy for black people because it wouldn't look right to advocate for black people because congress might be mad
what the fuck has happened to you?

some of us tried to tell you tho

i guess its better late than never

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
MLK highlighted an issue and put a spotlight, met with political leadership. The next thing you know he is under FBI surveillance being told to kill himself. Audiotapes show up at his house for his wife to listen of him.

I have had my own problems of stifling surveillance, death threats, and other forms of harassment.

BLM is making the right choice keeping a distance.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Look all you Obama Haters can just relax, soon enough you'll have your CAC overseer back in charge. You can then be happy and quiet all over again, Mammy or Daddy will save you, don't worry just a little while longer. MASSA BE BACK!!!

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Again, The president is right...As much as I hate the tea party they went from yelling (mostly nonsense) to electing their people to house and senate seats on the state and Federal level in a very short time. BLM has the power to move to phase 2 .....getting BLM approve people elected to office. They flex their political arm in the Chicago DA race and it worked out very well for them.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Once again, what is simply yelling going to get done? If your goal is to just be angry and get it out, then go ahead. But we as a people are exceptionally emotional and thin skinned.

The president is trying to teach that movement how to not become irrelevant. Because it's at the point where everyone, media included will just yawn and say, oh, here's BLM yelling again.

You look at every issue they want addressed. Police brutality, mass incarceration, education, every single one is a local issue.

Every...single...one...

If they want to talk about tax policy, or military action, or some federal issue, then talk to the President.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

I hope this bitch does get a President Trump like she said she wants. So she could see what he does to yellers. It won't just be asking them to do more than yelling. Oversensitive ass.

He never told activists to not yell. What he said was, once you have the attention of people who can actually change what you want changed, you need to have an actual plan to present. Bitch just wants to be angry and scream.

FOH.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
He never told activists to not yell. What he said was, once you have the attention of people who can actually change what you want changed, you need to have an actual plan to present. Bitch just wants to be angry and scream.

FOH.
Two problems:

1. Obama is reducing the #blacklivesmatter organization to people yelling at presidential candidates and such. 10 minutes spent perusing the various 33 BLM chapters' Facebook group pages paints a very different picture than what Obama is trying to portray.

2. He has NEVER been committed to meeting with them and hashing out any issues towards police reform.

This tirade is mostly being directed at the Chicago chapter co-founder of BLM who was the sole invitee to refuse to attend a February meeting of what was supposed to be 16 new guard and old guard Civil Rights leaders toward discussing police reform. Her reason for refusing the invitation was based upon her being finding out the itinerary was as follows:
  • Each individual would be given 90 seconds to introduce themselves (All remarks pre-approved by his staff).
  • President Obama would then make a Black History Month speech after which
  • there would be a reception.
  • THE END.
In short, it was a fucking photo op. Nothing was scheduled in terms of having actual dialogue with the guests and hashing out anything resembling a plan of any sort. After the Chicago chapter co-founder issued these reasons why she would not attend...

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/it...te-why-i-refused-to-meet-with-president-obama

...Obama added on some time to talk.

...20 fucking minutes.

#blacklivesmatter are not seeking to be political pawns. They are not endorsing a presidential candidate. They do not wish to be co-opted. They are a grassroots movement whose base and constituents are in neighborhoods. The Chicago chapter in particular as part of the larger Chicago activist movement in general has been the most successful of all the BLM chapters.

BLM as a whole has done more for justice for Black people and police reform in a little over 2 years than Obama has done in 8 years in the White House.

Last edited:

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
An excerpt from the essay from Aislinn Pulley (BLM Chicago co-founder) "Why I refused to Meet With President Obama"

(This was posted prior to the event taking place when the invites had been sent out)

The full essay can be found HERE:
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/it...te-why-i-refused-to-meet-with-president-obama

"...As the cofounder of Black Lives Matter Chicago, I was issued an invitation to this event, and various news outlets have already listed me as an attendee. But as a radical, Black organizer, living and working in a city that is now widely recognized as a symbol of corruption and police violence, I do not feel that a handshake with the president is the best way for me to honor Black History Month or the Black freedom fighters whose labor laid the groundwork for the historic moment we are living in.

I respectfully declined the invitation to the White House to discuss criminal legal reform and to celebrate Black History Month. I was under the impression that a meeting was being organized to facilitate a genuine exchange on the matters facing millions of Black and Brown people in the United States. Instead, what was arranged was basically a photo opportunity and a 90-second sound bite for the president. I could not, with any integrity, participate in such a sham that would only serve to legitimize the false narrative that the government is working to end police brutality and the institutional racism that fuels it. For the increasing number of families fighting for justice and dignity for their kin slain by police, I refuse to give its perpetrators and enablers political cover by making an appearance among them.

If the administration is serious about addressing the issues of Black Lives Matter Chicago - and its sister organizations that go by different names across this nation - they can start by meeting the simple demands of families who want transparency, and who want police that kill Black people unjustly to be fired, indicted and held accountable. A meeting arranged to carry this out is one that would be worthy of consideration. Until this begins to happen on a mass scale, any celebrations of Black history that go on inside the walls of the White House are hollow and ceremonial at best

Dialogue around the issue of the criminal legal system (and the injustice of this system) is crucial to the struggle against anti-Blackness. But when we confront issues of policing and incarceration, we must be very intentional about who is framing such dialogues, and what agenda that framing serves....."

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
They are a grassroots movement whose base and constituents are in neighborhoods. The Chicago chapter in particular as part of the larger Chicago activist movement in general has been the most successful of all the BLM chapters.

BLM as a whole has done more for justice for Black people and police reform in a little over 2 years than Obama has done in 8 years in the White House.

Okay, they protest and scream on people, how is that exactly going to get laws passed? I'm being serious. How is that going to get laws passed that benifit the people and make cops, DA's and whole judicial principalities accountable?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Two problems:

1. Obama is reducing the #blacklivesmatter organization to people yelling at presidential candidates and such. 10 minutes spent perusing the various 33 BLM chapters' Facebook group pages paints a very different picture than what Obama is trying to portray.

2. He has NEVER been committed to meeting with them and hashing out any issues towards police reform.

This tirade is mostly being directed at the Chicago chapter co-founder of BLM who was the sole invitee to refuse to attend a February meeting of what was supposed to be 16 new guard and old guard Civil Rights leaders toward discussing police reform. Her reason for refusing the invitation was based upon her being finding out the itinerary was as follows:
  • Each individual would be given 90 seconds to introduce themselves (All remarks pre-approved by his staff).
  • President Obama would then make a Black History Month speech after which
  • there would be a reception.
  • THE END.
In short, it was a fucking photo op. Nothing was scheduled in terms of having actual dialogue with the guests and hashing out anything resembling a plan of any sort. After the Chicago chapter co-founder issued these reasons why she would not attend...

...Obama added on some time to talk.

...20 fucking minutes.

#blacklivesmatter are not seeking to be political pawns. They are not endorsing a presidential candidate. They do not wish to be co-opted. They are a grassroots movement whose base and constituents are in neighborhoods. The Chicago chapter in particular as part of the larger Chicago activist movement in general has been the most successful of all the BLM chapters.

As little as she thought could get accomplished in 20 minutes is more that what got accomplished by her not going which is zero.

Secondly, the President has very little power to reform local police departments. They can tell him to fuck off and there's not anything really he can do.

BLM has shined attention on some issues, but I guarantee you this attention they're getting just by yelling will be short lived. They will be tuned out unless they do more than protest. That's a fact.

They need to decide, do they just want to be angry, or do they want to affect change.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
As little as she thought could get accomplished in 20 minutes is more that what got accomplished by her not going which is zero.

Secondly, the President has very little power to reform local police departments. They can tell him to fuck off and there's not anything really he can do.

BLM has shined attention on some issues, but I guarantee you this attention they're getting just by yelling will be short lived. They will be tuned out unless they do more than protest. That's a fact.

They need to decide, do they just want to be angry, or do they want to affect change.
See occupy wall street....

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Okay, they protest and scream on people, how is that exactly going to get laws passed? I'm being serious. How is that going to get laws passed that benifit the people and make cops, DA's and whole judicial principalities accountable?
Your opening statement doesn't sound like you're serious.
What. Because that's what you see on CNN? Screaming on politicians? Who owns those entities? What is their agenda? Think about WHY news stations virtually black out the behind the scenes stuff that BLM does: advocacy for families of victims, coalitions with lawyers, academia, clergy, other activist organizations and communities, paying the bills of families whose source of financial support was murdered by police. Mainstream news will rarely tell you how a coalition of independent reporters, activist groups and lawyers forced Chicago PD and the mayor to release dashcam videos of cops murdering unarmed civilians. Mainstream news spent very little time discussing how sustained activism - in its various forms -resulted in our Chief of Police, Chief of Detectives and Independent Police Review head getting ousted.

So much easier to ONLY show people screaming on politicians and bum rushing the mic at rallies.

History - both domestically and internationally has shown us that unjust laws can and do get changed as a direct result of sustained mass protest.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
They can't do both? Grass roots activism and political agenda? Why does one invalidate the other?

Your opening statement doesn't sound like you're serious.
What. Because that's what you see on CNN? Screaming on politicians? Who owns those entities? What is their agenda? Think about WHY news stations virtually black out the behind the scenes stuff that BLM does: advocacy for families of victims, coalitions with lawyers, academia, clergy, other activist organizations and communities, paying the bills of families whose source of financial support was murdered by police. Mainstream news will rarely tell you how a coalition of independent reporters, activist groups and lawyers forced Chicago PD and the mayor to release dashcam videos of cops murdering unarmed civilians. Mainstream news spent very little time discussing how sustained activism - in its various forms -resulted in our Chief of Police, Chief of Detectives and Independent Police Review head getting ousted.

So much easier to ONLY show people screaming on politicians and bum rushing the mic at rallies.

History - both domestically and internationally has shown us that unjust laws can and do get changed as a direct result of sustained mass protest.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor

Bullshit. she accomplishes things every day. We don't need the President's validation to do that and anyway, if you feel the President has very little power to reform local police departments, then how in the world could she have gotten more accomplished by going?

No one can break down the issues in detail in 90 censored seconds. And you're talking about 16 activists? You are also assuming that BLM doesn't already meet with various individuals who attended outside of that completely useless White House photo op. I don't personally dislike Barack. It is however hard to take him seriously when he invites a group of rappers to the White House to "discuss police reform".

Rappers.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
They can't do both? Grass roots activism and political agenda? Why does one invalidate the other?
I haven't been to sleep yet. I'll leave these here and rejoin the conversation later in the day.

From blacklivesmatter's Fb group:

Sunday, August 30, 2015

"The following is a statement is response to the Democratic National Committee resolution expressing support for the Black Lives Matter movement, and can be attributed to the Black Lives Matter Network, including our 26 chapters nationwide.

"A resolution signaling the Democratic National Committee’s endorsement that Black lives matter, in no way implies an endorsement of the DNC by the Black Lives Matter Network, nor was it done in consultation with us. We do not now, nor have we ever, endorsed or affiliated with the Democratic Party, or with any party. The Democratic Party, like the Republican and all political parties, have historically attempted to control or contain Black people’s efforts to liberate ourselves. True change requires real struggle, and that struggle will be in the streets and led by the people, not by a political party.

More specifically, the Black Lives Matter Network is clear that a resolution from the Democratic National Committee won’t bring the changes we seek. Resolutions without concrete change are just business as usual. Promises are not policies. We demand freedom for Black bodies, justice for Black lives, safety for Black communities, and rights for Black people. We demand action, not words, from those who purport to stand with us.

While the Black Lives Matter Network applauds political change towards making the world safer for Black life, our only endorsement goes to the protest movement we’ve built together with Black people nationwide -- not the self-interested candidates, parties, or political machine seeking our vote."

###########

###########

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orsement-2016-presidential-candidate-election

Black Lives Matter activists grabbed headlines when they disrupted a Seattle rally last month right before Vermont senator Bernie Sanders, a Democratic presidential candidate, was to speak. Others claiming to represent Black Lives Matter have met Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush.

The Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American lawmakers in the House and Senate, also was focusing on criminal justice and police reforms during its annual legislative conference this weekend.

The Democratic National Committee acknowledged the Black Lives Matter movement at its 1 August meeting in Minneapolis, with a resolution saying it “joins with Americans across the country in affirming ‘black lives matter’ and the ‘say her name’ efforts to make visible the pain of our fellow and sister Americans as they condemn extrajudicial killings of unarmed African American men, women and children”.

The network said the resolution would not get its endorsement, and Garza reaffirmed that the official Black Lives Matter organization will not endorse any political party or candidate this election cycle.

“Black Lives Matter as a network will not, does not, has not, ain’t going to endorse any candidates,” Garza said. “Now if there are activists within the movement that want to do that independently, they should feel free and if that’s what makes sense for their local conditions, that’s fantastic. But as a network, that’s not work we’re engaged in yet.”

In the future, the organization may become more involved with candidates and parties, and even run candidates, she said, but added: “We’re not there yet.”

“It’s too early in the development of the network and it’s too early in the genesis of the movement to rally around anyone in particular who hasn’t demonstrated that they feel accountable to the Black Lives Matter movement or network,” said Garza, who also works with the National Domestic Worker Alliance.

“What we’ve seen is an attempt by mainstream politics and politicians to co-opt movements that galvanize people in order for them to move closer to their own goals and objectives,” she said.

“We don’t think that playing a corrupt game is going to bring change and make black lives matter.”

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I haven't been to sleep yet. I'll leave these here and rejoin the conversation later in the day.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

"The following is a statement is response to the Democratic National Committee resolution expressing support for the Black Lives Matter movement, and can be attributed to the Black Lives Matter Network, including our 26 chapters nationwide.

"A resolution signaling the Democratic National Committee’s endorsement that Black lives matter, in no way implies an endorsement of the DNC by the Black Lives Matter Network, nor was it done in consultation with us. We do not now, nor have we ever, endorsed or affiliated with the Democratic Party, or with any party. The Democratic Party, like the Republican and all political parties, have historically attempted to control or contain Black people’s efforts to liberate ourselves. True change requires real struggle, and that struggle will be in the streets and led by the people, not by a political party.

More specifically, the Black Lives Matter Network is clear that a resolution from the Democratic National Committee won’t bring the changes we seek. Resolutions without concrete change are just business as usual. Promises are not policies. We demand freedom for Black bodies, justice for Black lives, safety for Black communities, and rights for Black people. We demand action, not words, from those who purport to stand with us.

While the Black Lives Matter Network applauds political change towards making the world safer for Black life, our only endorsement goes to the protest movement we’ve built together with Black people nationwide -- not the self-interested candidates, parties, or political machine seeking our vote."

###########

###########

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orsement-2016-presidential-candidate-election

Black Lives Matter activists grabbed headlines when they disrupted a Seattle rally last month right before Vermont senator Bernie Sanders, a Democratic presidential candidate, was to speak. Others claiming to represent Black Lives Matter have met Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush.

The Congressional Black Caucus, a group of African American lawmakers in the House and Senate, also was focusing on criminal justice and police reforms during its annual legislative conference this weekend.

The Democratic National Committee acknowledged the Black Lives Matter movement at its 1 August meeting in Minneapolis, with a resolution saying it “joins with Americans across the country in affirming ‘black lives matter’ and the ‘say her name’ efforts to make visible the pain of our fellow and sister Americans as they condemn extrajudicial killings of unarmed African American men, women and children”.

The network said the resolution would not get its endorsement, and Garza reaffirmed that the official Black Lives Matter organization will not endorse any political party or candidate this election cycle.

“Black Lives Matter as a network will not, does not, has not, ain’t going to endorse any candidates,” Garza said. “Now if there are activists within the movement that want to do that independently, they should feel free and if that’s what makes sense for their local conditions, that’s fantastic. But as a network, that’s not work we’re engaged in yet.”

In the future, the organization may become more involved with candidates and parties, and even run candidates, she said, but added: “We’re not there yet.”

“It’s too early in the development of the network and it’s too early in the genesis of the movement to rally around anyone in particular who hasn’t demonstrated that they feel accountable to the Black Lives Matter movement or network,” said Garza, who also works with the National Domestic Worker Alliance.

“What we’ve seen is an attempt by mainstream politics and politicians to co-opt movements that galvanize people in order for them to move closer to their own goals and objectives,” she said.

“We don’t think that playing a corrupt game is going to bring change and make black lives matter.”

....sooooooo.....it's a network that doesn't do anything....tight....

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

Sunday, August 30, 2015

###########

###########

Okay so you believe BLM should stay out of the political process so they can stop one police chief here or there, vs help create laws that will stop (or attempt to stop) police from breaking the law every where? How smart is that?

With that mindset the "civil rights act" would NEVER have been passed. MLK would never have visited the white house and attempted to influence "policy" and help direct "laws"..that's what Obama was trying to say. If you don't come with an actual agenda that can be galvanized into concrete law, then basically you are running from one fire to the next with no change or protections actually being done.

You have to create federal laws that protect the people by finding chinks in the armor. We aren't talking about simply supporting a candidate, we are talking about creating a coalition with demands directed by the people. "screaming stop killing us" isn't a real or tangible way to STOP people who are told by the LAWS that are in place that it's okay to 'KILL YOU".

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He could have just called a meeting with the BLM movement representative and discussed it.... Naw, he felt it better to coon and publicly chastise blm...good job mr. President. .good job. ..white boys over at faux news gonna have a field day with this one..

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
He could have just called a meeting with the BLM movement representative and discussed it.... Naw, he felt it better to coon and publicly chastise blm...good job mr. President. .good job. ..white boys over at faux news gonna have a field day with this one..

By asking them to join the political agenda to make policy he clowned them? MLK was a clown when he went to he white house repeatedly and influenced the civil rights act?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what the fuck has happened to you?

some of us tried to tell you tho

i guess it's better late than never

Don't get it twisted I would vote for him again.

I always saw what was going on but I had hope and was giving him time.

Doesn't mean he can't be called out for what he wasn't doing and hasn't done.

At least he was a good role model for the young black kids who are always told what they can't do..

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
By asking them to join the political agenda to make policy he clowned them? MLK was a clown when he went to he white house repeatedly and influenced the civil rights act?

revisionist history.

MLK went to the WH when invited but he wasn't part of the political system. His peoples movement is what caused the politicians to take notice.

His screaming and protesting what was wrong, his affecting their pockets, his refusal to back down and wait is what caused them to make the civil rights act.

And even then that wasn't enough and he was taking it to the poor people when he was murdered with help by that same government.

Obama wants them to work with the system ? Well he has had time and what has he pushed other than a summit ?

revisionist history.

MLK went to the WH when invited but he wasn't part of the political system. His peoples movement is what caused the politicians to take notice.

His screaming and protesting what was wrong, his affecting their pockets, his refusal to back down and wait is what caused them to make the civil rights act.

And even then that wasn't enough and he was taking it to the poor people when he was murdered with help by that same government.

Obama wants them to work with the system ? Well he has had time and what has he pushed other than a summit ?
Mlk was a coon.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What federal black folks plan did you want him to go all in for?

How about the equal protection clause to begin with ?

When is the last time he has spoken forcefully in regards to a black life taken without just cause and no one held responsible ?

He spoke out when Henry Lewis Gates was arrested at his own house and when the crakkas got done smacking him down he invited the cop to have a beer.

Sure he has mentioned a couple , his son would look like Trayvon....that's forcefull.

He may not be president for black people but he is black before he is president.

Saying congress won't let him do is a cop out. Does that mean he shouldn't try ?

He can't speak about what is happening to black America without including immigrants and gays and poor white trash.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mlk was a coon.

You should probably stop typing and go read...King was never a coon but it seems you have been fed a narrative that you swallowed.

And it was fed to you by crakkas

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the Negro still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the Negro is still languishing in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. So we have come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we have come to our nation’s capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked “insufficient funds.” But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we have come to cash this check — a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quick sands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God’s children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the Negro’s legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

How about the equal protection clause to begin with ?

When is the last time he has spoken forcefully in regards to a black life taken without just cause and no one held responsible ?

He spoke out when Henry Lewis Gates was arrested at his own house and when the crakkas got done smacking him down he invited the cop to have a beer.

Sure he has mentioned a couple , his son would look like Trayvon....that's forcefull.

He may not be president for black people but he is black before he is president.

Saying congress won't let him do is a cop out. Does that mean he shouldn't try ?

He can't speak about what is happening to black America without including immigrants and gays and poor white trash.