{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

It’s always and forever will be “Fuck a Laker”. Bring it, Anthony “28 games a year” Davis. Fuck nigga! :hmm:

Trust me Amthony, Denver and the rest of the league could care less about a fuckin Laker.

Uyghcp.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
The Heat wouldn't want Dwight lol
KD was down to come to Miami
Beal was down too.

Says who???

Beal had a no trade clause in his contract so he chose where he wanted to go. He chose to go to Phoenix over several other eastern conference contenders, including Miami.

The KD trade didn't happen because Miami didn't want to give up Bam or Herro. And this goes back to what I said earlier, about placing too much value on role players. Both of those guys are replaceable, whereas KD is a generational talent. I promise if you put any other team's GM in that position they'd have traded those guys in a heartbeat with zero hesitation.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Says who???

Beal had a no trade clause in his contract so he chose where he wanted to go. He chose to go to Phoenix over several other eastern conference contenders, including Miami.

The KD trade didn't happen because Miami didn't want to give up Bam or Herro. And this goes back to what I said earlier, about placing too much value on role players. Both of those guys are replaceable, whereas KD is a generational talent. I promise if you put any other team's GM in that position they'd have traded those guys in a heartbeat with zero hesitation.
The new Phoenix owner outbid miami because he was trying to make a splash
They didn't push hard for Beal because of Dame

spider705

BGOL Investor
The new Phoenix owner outbid miami because he was trying to make a splash
They didn't push hard for Beal because of Dame
Fam... you said they (Durant & Beal) was both down to come there and that's just not true. We got even talking about Dame. Beal could have went there but he chose Phoenix. KD maybe would have went there if traded but they weren't going to sign him to a new contract before summer league started the following year and that played a HUGE part in his decision. Plus Riley didn't want to give up too many pieces to acquire KD, so Herro over KD it is.

It's not even about making a splash, facts are other teams had better pieces to offer in trade than Miami. And that comes from Riley and Co.'s unwillingness to part with (by comparison) mediocre talent. The only untouchable on that team should be Jimmy and MAYBE Bam... other than that you get the deal done

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam... you said they (Durant & Beal) was both down to come there and that's just not true. We got even talking about Dame. Beal could have went there but he chose Phoenix. KD maybe would have went there if traded but they weren't going to sign him to a new contract before summer league started the following year and that played a HUGE part in his decision.

It's not even about making a splash, facts are other teams had better pieces to offer in trade than Miami. And that comes from Riley and Co.'s unwillingness to part with (by comparison) mediocre talent. The only untouchable on that team should be Jimmy and MAYBE Bam... other than that you get the deal done
The point I was making was they were both fine playing for the Heat.

spider705

BGOL Investor
You're proving my point bro...

You said yourself they didn't go hard for Beal and I'm saying that is a detriment to their team and its success. Going hard means giving up a pieces they feel are too valuableso they didn't do it. They overvalue their players and it's cost them three times now. They're slowly turning into the South New York Knicks... every year, they're acquiring every free agent of note... then... nothing.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're proving my point bro...

You said yourself they didn't go hard for Beal and I'm saying that is a detriment to their team and its success. Going hard means giving up a pieces they feel are too valuableso they didn't do it. They overvalue their players and it's cost them three times now. They're slowly turning into the South New York Knicks... every year, they're acquiring every free agent of note... then... nothing.
They didn't go hard because they preferred Dame
Both contracts are nuts at the end too
They made a choice thinking they could get Dame

Last edited: