{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
They didn't go hard because they preferred Dame
Both contracts are nuts at the end too
They made a choice thinking they could get Dame
Why didn't they get Dame? If that's who they wanted why didn't they get him? Is it the league's fault? Collusion by other teams? Tampering? Some other conspiracy?

spider705

BGOL Investor
Cronin wasn't sending him to Miami
So it has nothing to do with this:

"The Heat's reported offer (among many various rumors) featured a deal around Tyler Herro, two first-round picks (2028 and 2030) along with a contract such as Kyle Lowry or Duncan Robinson, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald."

you can't tell me you think that's a fair trade for a player of Lillard's caliber. This isn't the offer of "i want this player apart of my organization, so I'm going to get him." This is arrogance... this is saying "he wants to come to Miami, so here's our offer... take it or leave it."

And what's crazy is, the Portland GM is being applauded by other executives for not taking what they're calling a "lowball" offer. He did what was best for the Blazers, not Damien Lillard.

It's nothing to do with Cronin. It's the Heat organization and their want for everyone to bend to their will vs being cooperative and trying to give fair value in return for what they're receiving.

End of the day, Dame is in a Bucks uniform because they offered the best trade package for him.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it has nothing to do with this:

"The Heat's reported offer (among many various rumors) featured a deal around Tyler Herro, two first-round picks (2028 and 2030) along with a contract such as Kyle Lowry or Duncan Robinson, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald."

you can't tell me you think that's a fair trade for a player of Lillard's caliber. This isn't the offer of "i want this player apart of my organization, so I'm going to get him." This is arrogance... this is saying "he wants to come to Miami, so here's our offer... take it or leave it."

And what's crazy is, the Portland GM is being applauded by other executives for not taking what they're calling a "lowball" offer. He did what was best for the Blazers, not Damien Lillard.

It's nothing to do with Cronin. It's the Heat organization and their want for everyone to bend to their will vs being cooperative and trying to give fair value in return for what they're receiving.

End of the day, Dame is in a Bucks uniform because they offered the best trade package for him.
That was the initial offer.
They were waiting to negotiate and never had the opportunity because the Blazers never checked back
Why would you give them everything when at that point you are bidding against yourself

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They were waiting to negotiate and never had the opportunity because the Blazers never checked back
Why the fuck would the team with the asset "check back" with the team that needed the asset. Stop this bullshit. Pat made an offer and then leaked to the media how he wouldnt budge off of it and wasnt gonna go back and forth. Typical scumbag arrogant greasy head wannabe wop shit from a NY mick. He offered a shit deal with spare part players and sat back on some fake tough guy "take it or leave it" shit. Utter malpractice from a guy who has been getting away incompetence for decades.

None of these ho as owners working on ethics or principles. They work on greed. So the idea that Portland somehow spited themselves to prove a bigger point is horse shit. The real truth is Milwaukee gave a MUCH better deal. Portland netted 3 starters and 3 1st round picks for one dude they had zero intention of keeping past August.

Fuck Pat Riley.

Last edited:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why the fuck would the team with the asset "check back" with the team that needed the asset. Stop this bullshit. Pat made an offer and then leaked to the media how he wouldnt budge off of it and wasnt gonna go back and forth. Typical scumbag arrogant greasy head wannabe wop shit from a NY mick. He offered a shit deal with spare part players and sat back on some fake tough guy "take it or leave it" shit. Utter malpractice from a guy who has been getting away incompetence for decades.

None of these ho as owners working on ethics or principles. They work on greed. So the idea that Portland somehow spited themselves to prove a bigger point is horse shit. The real truth is Milwaukee gave a MUCH better deal. Portland netted 3 starters and 3 1st round picks for one dude they had zero intention of keeping past August.

Fuck Pat Riley.
They would check back and say team x is willing to give up all this, what are you willing to give us that tops that

It's called negotiation

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They would check back and say team x is willing to give up all this, what are you willing to give us that tops that

It's called negotiation
If im holding the high value asset, and you make an inadequate offer that i reject, its not up to ME to negotiate with YOU fool. Once i reject, YOU make a new offer. Im the one with the high demand asset in a marketplace with no shortage of suitors. Im fielding offers not making them. Im only entertaining countering in a closed scenario with only two participating parties.

Man you better get yo head out Pat Riley ass and wake up son.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If im holding the high value asset, and you make an inadequate offer that i reject, its not up to ME to negotiate with YOU fool. Once i reject, YOU make a new offer. Im the one with the high demand asset in a marketplace with no shortage of suitors. Im fielding offers not making them. Im only entertaining countering in a closed scenario with only two participating parties.

At the point miami made an offer there were no other suitors

spider705

BGOL Investor
At the point miami made an offer there were no other suitors
Cmon man, you gotta know better than this...

There were no other suitors because Dame said he wanted to go to Miami. Once Miami came back with their offer of 2 lunch kits and a pallet of hot cheetos, the Blazers opened up the negotiations to other teams. The Bucks were motivated buyers, because they knew Giannis would bounce if they didn't make improvements to the team. So they went HARD at him and won out.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cmon man, you gotta know better than this...

There were no other suitors because Dame said he wanted to go to Miami. Once Miami came back with their offer of 2 lunch kits and a pallet of hot cheetos, the Blazers opened up the negotiations to other teams. The Bucks were motivated buyers, because they knew Giannis would bounce if they didn't make improvements to the team. So they went HARD at him and won out.
They opened it up after they asked Dame for other teams
He agreed when he saw they wouldn't talk to miami
Why would Dame's agent say this

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

If LeBron would've won every award that year it would've hurt Jordan Brand and slowed down shoe sales. Plus him not winning DPOY allowed people to project Jordan as a better defender for another decade based off him winning it early in his career. :rolleyes: The NBA writers and league did what they had to do to protect their flagship shoe brand.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
@KingTaharqa - If I post an "Official Debate on LeBron's Greatness Thread," would you care to post your material there rather than the next NBA current events thread?

2011 JJ Barea was posted in these threads for a decade after averaging 5 points in the 2011 Finals. The GOAT LeBron James is actually still playing and is the most discussed NBA player of all time on the internet and social media. Why would we not discuss the games best and most relevant player in here? :confused:

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

This is only for the first preseason game...

Had to check the source before booking a ticket to fly out to the Bay and personally smack some sense into Steve Kerr.

(I presume that context was purposely excluded for the sake of engagement :smh: :smh: :smh: Y'all should stop boosting these aggregator accounts and post real sources.)

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

If LeBron would've won every award that year it would've hurt Jordan Brand and slowed down shoe sales. Plus him not winning DPOY allowed people to project Jordan as a better defender for another decade based off him winning it early in his career. :rolleyes: The NBA writers and league did what they had to do to protect their flagship shoe brand.

It was a joke. Duncan shoulda won that year. I discussed in real time that season. Though LeBron winning wouldnt have been controversial.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

dont-like-that-no.gif

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

I think after that Lebron started taking it kinda easy on the defensive end…

Well Too me

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I think after that Lebron started taking it kinda easy on the defensive end…

Well Too me

His defensive peak was 2012 and 2013, since then he does it in spots. The last 2 seasons he's been one of the best defenders at his position. Skip Bayless and other talking heads lie and pretend he doesn't play defense as a talking point, but nobody ever cooks him and I don't see him getting hunted in games. His defense in the playoffs last year was excellent.