{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Some ladies from NY came to visit and we went to the final pre-season game for the Wizards and Knicks today. Decent game, came down to a game winner in the final 10 seconds.

Too bad 80% of the seats were empty... I think the experience shows what the NBA is doing wrong in cities with bad attendance.

IMG-3334.jpg
IMG-3336.jpg
IMG-3339.jpg

Apparently they don't lower prices based on sales and would rather the seats stay empty out of principle, like they make more money long-term if they don't budge.

This is penny-wise, dollar-foolish.

They should partner with local schools to give these tickets to students for $5. They would not only make more short-term than from the empty seats but 1) it would also create a better arena experience, further enhancing the short-term benefit & 2) most importantly, it would grow the league's popularity, creating more fans and paying huge dividends in the long run.

On the bright-side, I took it upon myself to upgrade our seats for the second half. :devil:

IMG-3344.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
It caught me by suprise but I stopped to think about the many single mother families and lack of male role models.. Maybe not the first time.. Its inspirational.. and humbling knowing you got people who look up to you like that...it would keep me grounded knowing I affect people like that..

This was touching to me.

I remember that clip. :cool:

FWIW, humbled may be the most misused word in the English language. If you look it up, people use it to mean the opposite of what it does. A humbling moment for Steph would be fucking up down the stretch of Game 7 in 2016, not being worshipped by adoring fans. A humbling moment is not one someone can walk away from thinking “Yeah, I’m the shit,” as someone could after that press conference.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Some ladies from NY came to visit and we went to the final pre-season game for the Wizards and Knicks today. Decent game, came down to a game winner in the final 10 seconds.

Too bad 80% of the seats were empty... I think the experience shows what the NBA is doing wrong in cities with bad attendance.

IMG-3334.jpg
IMG-3336.jpg
IMG-3339.jpg

Apparently they don't lower prices based on sales and would rather the seats stay empty out of principle, like they make more money long-term if they don't budge.

They should partner with local schools to give these tickets to students for $5. They would not only make more short-term than from the empty seats but 1) it would also create a better arena experience, further enhancing the short-term benefit & 2) most importantly, it would grow the league's popularity, creating more fans and paying huge dividends in the long run.

On the bright-side, I took it upon myself to upgrade our seats for the second half. :devil:

IMG-3344.jpg

They know how many tickets they sell and where the seats are. So they know how empty the rows closest to the court will be. Why in the fuck don’t they just let people pick a seat closer to the court once the game starts.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
They know how many tickets they sell and where the seats are. So they know how empty the rows closest to the court will be. Why in the fuck don’t they just let people pick a seat closer to the court once the game starts.

I suppose the argument is it’s a disincentive to pay for the top tier seats, that people will buy nosebleeds instead of better seats and hope to move up.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
I suppose the argument is it’s a disincentive to pay for the top tier seats, that people will buy nosebleeds instead of better seats and hope to move up.

You’re absolutely right BUT I say let them buy that shit knowing it’s a gamble. They still buying tickets. I once sat nosebleeds in an empty stadium. That hurt my heart :hmm::lol:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

IMG-3334.jpg
IMG-3336.jpg
IMG-3339.jpg

IMG-3344.jpg

Wizards need cheaper tickets for how bad the team has been the last 20 years.