{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Happy birthday to Charles Barkley, the greatest coon to ever come out of Leeds, Alabama. :cheers:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gil got more ether for the birthday boy. Apparently Gil been talking to somebody from that era bout old Chuck. :yes:

I think Gil's response was idiotic.

Random NBA fan with Doritos in his beard: "I think X, Y and Z"

Typical response: "I agree/disagree, here is what I think you got right/wrong"

Ex-player makes a public statement about a better player: "I think X, Y and Z"

Typical response: "How dare you??? You couldn't hold his jockstrap!"

Barkley did not say he was a better leader than KD. All of that commentary makes the case against Barkley as if Charles put his resume up against KD's.

It is wild how he's supposed to STFU because he didn't win a championship or wasn't as good as KD or whoever, meanwhile everyday "KingTaharqa" has spent an hour "exposing" Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant's every failure and flaw before the cock crows.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Except I'm not talking correlation. I'm talking factual occurrences, process and decision making. Actual relationship standing and imagery play a part in marketing and promotion. Those metrics are taken in to account in risk assessment and public perception. MJ was absolutely encouraged to create and maintain a certain image and being married was part of it.

I'm saying Shannon's question was not only NOT stupid as you framed it to be but was actually based in fact and practice.

I listened to that dumbass clip again and lost 5 IQ points so I can’t do it again after this.

It starts mid-conversation so the context is not entirely clear.

“When we look at presidential candidates— when we look at candidates, we want them to be secure, we want them to be foundational pieces.”

This is a dumb way of looking at politicians— there are so many married ones doing shady stuff, the problem with Tim Scott is not his love life— but it seems to be Sharpe commenting on what the general public wants.

The general public. Not some corporate machine.

The public did not give a fuck about MJ or Tiger’s relationship status, only their relation with championships. When KD bitched that he was excluded from the GOAT conversation because he went to Golden State, imagine arguing that public perception would be different if he had one more ring, not from basketball but marriage 10 years ago.

It was a ridiculously dumb argument. And I’m not trying to demean Sharpe— it’s more the platform, just too many hours of superficial discussion of the same old shit.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

These new niggas man. :smh:

tC4RKv.jpg

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Louise Lucas, known to Amajorfucup as a fly young thang and to the rest of us as the 80 year old President Pro Tempore of the Virginia Senate:

Tried to tell niggas Ted was overplaying his hand and nobody wants or would miss that incompetent cac. Now it's time for Bowser to take the offer off the table and cut that shit by a third. Tell him take it or leave it.

Fuck Leonsis and that shitty ass franchise. They have shamed my city for far too long.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I think Gil's response was idiotic.

Random NBA fan with Doritos in his beard: "I think X, Y and Z"

Typical response: "I agree/disagree, here is what I think you got right/wrong"

Ex-player makes a public statement about a better player: "I think X, Y and Z"

Typical response: "How dare you??? You couldn't hold his jockstrap!"

Barkley did not say he was a better leader than KD. All of that commentary makes the case against Barkley as if Charles put his resume up against KD's.

It is wild how he's supposed to STFU because he didn't win a championship or wasn't as good as KD or whoever, meanwhile everyday "KingTaharqa" has spent an hour "exposing" Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant's every failure and flaw before the cock crows.

MHC, Jawnswoop, and yourself troll Bron every day. That never plays out so me laughing at Kobe's laziness to drive and the lies Jordan brand had to live thru never plays out. I merely show a full picture of those guys while you want us to pretend it was all peaches and cream.

KD got two rings, Charles Barkley has none. But since he played against Michael Jordan we're supposed to hold him in higher esteem and pretend he's more successful than a top 10 scorer. I'm a fan on a message board. Barkley is a former player on a major platform on TV, huge difference.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Definitely not. Im sure you're in the negative now.

Kobe stans who's favorite Black NBA players are always bald headed and in interracial marriages (most Black men have hair and date Black women) or light skinned and white passing don't believe that your family situation influences how you are perceived. :lol: Kobe stans clearly aren't business owners in the public eye. Most fortune 500 entrepreneurs are married and that's not by accident.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Most Nuggets fans think like George Karl and don't respect Melo or his time there. That's why he's so comfortable saying what he says on social media. They have a great white hope now so they can tell the truth about the niggarican. Playing there is like playing for Utah. :lol:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shannon Sharpe with the dumbest take on players and relationships ever, other than the guy who posts about MJ every morning at 4am sharp.

I get exactly what shannon is saying, but in today's climate..i'm not so sure that is necessarily a requirement to be the best player in the NBA. Like I think without LeBron, KD and Giannis could be this (just from a pure basketball talent standpoint) Even in football, i think Pat mahomes would still be marketable even if he wasn't married. Leo dicaprio is not married and he's a leading man in Hollywood. I think it's just a different time now even though Steph and LeBron are married.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I listened to that dumbass clip again and lost 5 IQ points so I can’t do it again after this.

It starts mid-conversation so the context is not entirely clear.

“When we look at presidential candidates— when we look at candidates, we want them to be secure, we want them to be foundational pieces.”

This is a dumb way of looking at politicians— there are so many married ones doing shady stuff, the problem with Tim Scott is not his love life— but it seems to be Sharpe commenting on what the general public wants.

The general public. Not some corporate machine.

The public did not give a fuck about MJ or Tiger’s relationship status, only their relation with championships. When KD bitched that he was excluded from the GOAT conversation because he went to Golden State, imagine arguing that public perception would be different if he had one more ring, not from basketball but marriage 10 years ago.

It was a ridiculously dumb argument. And I’m not trying to demean Sharpe— it’s more the platform, just too many hours of superficial discussion of the same old shit.

If they didn't care about MJ's relationship status then why did he have to marry Juanita? I'm not convinced that Jordan would have been who he was (from a marketing sense) without being married. On the court is what counts, but "off the court" matters as well. Especially to white folks..

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I get exactly what shannon is saying, but in today's climate..i'm not so sure that is necessarily a requirement to be the best player in the NBA. Like I think without LeBron, KD and Giannis could be this (just from a pure basketball talent standpoint) Even in football, i think Pat mahomes would still be marketable even if he wasn't married. Leo dicaprio is not married and he's a leading man in Hollywood. I think it's just a different time now even though Steph and LeBron are married.
If they didn't care about MJ's relationship status then why did he have to marry Juanita? I'm not convinced that Jordan would have been who he was (from a marketing sense) without being married. On the court is what counts, but "off the court" matters as well. Especially to white folks..

I know KD is single only because of him being teased about being booed up with Britney Griner a few months ago... I have zero idea what Giannis's relationship status is. Zero idea for Devin Booker, Jokic, Murray, hell even AD... It seems obviously irrelevant to me. :dunno:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I know KD is single only because of him being teased about being booed up with Britney Griner a few months ago... I have zero idea what Giannis's relationship status is. Zero idea for Devin Booker, Jokic, Murray, hell even AD... It seems obviously irrelevant to me. :dunno:

Thats my point. Today...it is irrelevant. I said this in my first post.

I think it's just a different time now even though Steph and LeBron are married.

One thing that I'm curious to see is how marketable Caitlin clark will be if she comes out as lesbian. middle america loves her now, but i'm just curious on that. Personally i don care either way, but i just want to see the hemming and hawing about her like they did with Brittany Griner.