{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They literally call this the "player empowerment era" and attribute (and BLAME) it ALL to/on Lebron. Players literally mimic and follow his lead and BGOL questions demands proof of his influence. :lol:
I told you I'm not talking business acumen or agents. I'm talking game

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I told you I'm not talking business acumen or agents. I'm talking game

And we listed bball. Tell us the superstar small forwards of the 90s. You realize that's been the most key position in basketball the last decade right? How many Finals MVPs have gone to that position? The consensus best players? That alone changed the game. Your white so you don't see LeBron as intelligent in a basketball sense. But Anthony Davis is on record saying he's learned to see the game better playing with LeBron, he's a better passer, better leader. A LeBron hater isn't gonna see or acknowledge LeBron's intangibles. So that's why you ask.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Klay Thompson " Kobe was my biggest inspiration"

Nothing about basketball. Explain how Klay plays like Kobe? Tell us the NBA team leading the standings right now that features a guy averaging over 30 a game shooting below 50%? Nobody plays like Mike and Kobe anymore white boy, you can't win with ballhogs that can't shoot 3s in this era.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Klay Thompson at the premiere of Space Jam.

1233950073.jpg

Bean was in Hollywood for 20 years and the lil nigga just ain't have the business savvy to put out no movies. Them Hollywood execs didn't take him serious like that, he even said it himself. He did that short and got an Oscar, which he was proud of, but he should've gotten more work done prior to his death. Bron was still in Ohio and was already getting Starz and Netflix checks. Now he's in LA and done projects with damn near every major studio including a doc featuring Kobe. He's still on the Lakers teaching young guys like Reaves, D Lo, Vando, all the guys.

Jondoe was dick sucking the oldest player in the league last year, Udonis Haslem, the last 5 years of his career as the wise sage and veteran when his bum ass was stealing checks and putting up 2 points a game just cuz his hero Pat Riley drafted him. But don't acknowledge LeBron James leadership as the oldest player in the league while he still all NBA and the chief ambassador of the sport that's still playing. Mike and Kobe brought all these NFL fans and non-fans to the sport. :smh:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We know and understand that some of you don't like Kobe.
I think hes a self hating coon and sellout, but that honestly has nothing to do with the Mt Rushmore of influence discussion. We all know how i feel about Steph Curry and he absolutely belongs.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I think hes a self hating coon and sellout, but that honestly has nothing to do with the Mt Rushmore of influence discussion. We all know how i feel about Steph Curry and he absolutely belongs.
If that's the reason then that could be said about a lot of players in this league including LeBron that some of y'all love to talk about in here.

But like I said, not everybody agrees with you on that and you're entitled to feel however way you want.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
AI has a much better argument than Kobe. Theres simply no sound argument to justify Kobe there.

Agreed. Although AI isn't very influential with today's generation. He influenced LeBron and Melo's era heavy. Today's kids don't get AI cuz they werent around in his era to understand his aura. They hype Kyrie waaaaaaay more, he's the "Kobe guy" who's only won and played in a NBA Finals (three times) with LeBron James. :lol:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agreed. Although AI isn't very influential with today's generation. He influenced LeBron and Melo's era heavy. Today's kids don't get AI cuz they werent around in his era to understand his aura. They hype Kyrie waaaaaaay more, he's the "Kobe guy" who's only won and played in a NBA Finals (three times) with LeBron James. :lol:
Good point. AI's influence cant really be seen today. But it was heavy in the early 2000's... largely in a bad way. They implemented a dress code based on the bullshit imagery he brought to the league.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Oh boy, they aren't ready for this.

KingT about to write another novel saying that's a lie.

Wait for it.

Drum roll...........

:lol:

He posted an old clip from over 10 years ago when Kobe Bryant was still playing in the NBA and LeBron hadnt won in Cleveland yet. I said months ago you LeBron haters ain't never leaving the 2010's decade or coming on this side of the pandemic. Life will never be as good for a LeBron hater as it was then. Retros were poppin, Skip Bayless was poppin, and faggot ass Kobe was still breathing.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He posted an old clip from over 10 years ago when Kobe Bryant was still playing in the NBA and LeBron hadnt won in Cleveland yet. I said months ago you LeBron haters ain't never leaving the 2010's decade or coming on this side of the pandemic. Life will never be as good for a LeBron hater as it was then. Retros were poppin, Skip Bayless was poppin, and faggot ass Kobe was still breathing.
Imagine a heat fan being a big Kobe fan while hating the heats best and greatest player who also led his team to four finals.. Insane.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Good point. AI's influence cant really be seen today. But it was heavy in the early 2000's... largely in a bad way. They implemented a dress code based on the bullshit imagery he brought to the league.

That actually is a good point... My biggest gripe with the list is it doesn't seem right to start at Jordan and ignore the first 30+ years of the league. Because Jordan did not just spring to existence fully formed but was influenced by his predecessors.

But influence is not forever.

I had MJ on my list and did not have Kobe but I think Kobe is more influential right now, purely as a function of time and the number of players who watched and stanned him as opposed to the older Jordan.

Dr. J and Magic certainly belonged on the list at some point. I put Magic on my list but neither belongs now, 30+ years after they played. I'd be one of the 10 oldest players in the league if I was taller and I never saw Magic play, barely saw Jordan.

The approach that makes sense is to have generational lists... Right now it would be Steph and LeBron clearly, Kobe would have to be on there right now and I don't think there is a clear #4.

But every 20 years it will be a different list. A comprehensive list just doesn't work.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That actually is a good point... My biggest gripe with the list is it doesn't seem right to start at Jordan and ignore the first 30+ years of the league. Because Jordan did not just spring to existence fully formed but was influenced by his predecessors.
Agreed. But when you focus on the word "influence".. its hard to make a case-even all time- for players prior to 1980. If we define influence as a change/impact/effect on behavior, character, culture, practices... Steph, MJ, Bron are virtual locks.. leaving only one slot. And that may be best fit by Dr. J for essentially singlehandedly forcing the merger.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Imagine a heat fan being a big Kobe fan while hating the heats best and greatest player who also led his team to four finals.. Insane.

Heat fans have always preferred Kobe over Wade. Kobe Bryant is the most popular Black athlete in the Hispanic American community, including Miami. They only like Wade more than LeBron, not Kobe. And that's only cuz Pat Riley drafted Wade the same year LeBron came out and they have to pretend "the Godfather" got the best player in the draft.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
How about magic and Bird?
They changed the nba

There's no and, just or. We aren't putting Steph and LeBron in one slot.

As someone who started watching basketball in 97, I feel Larry Legend's impact when I listen to Bill Simmons, not sure where else.

Magic was at least the GOAT point guard until recently and I think you can see his impact from Jason Kidd through LeBron today. That's why I went with him of the two, though I have since retracted that selection.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's no and, just or. We aren't putting Steph and LeBron in one slot.

As someone who started watching basketball in 97, I feel Larry Legend's impact when I listen to Bill Simmons, not sure where else.

Magic was at least the GOAT point guard until recently and I think you can see his impact from Jason Kidd through LeBron today. That's why I went with him of the two, though I have since retracted that selection.
Magic v bird saved the nba
The reason the shit is on TV

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Magic v bird saved the nba
The reason the shit is on TV
But thats not really an "influence". That was an organic rivalry that grew a national fanbase. Magic has a far better argument alone as he influenced the league to search for and draft tall point guards for a near 15 year span until they finally accepted he was one of one.