{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

The Sonics were my favorite team at that time even more than the Cavs. I've always said that George Karl let those teams down with his decision making.

For whatever reason,he couldn't get pass the Jazz. To me,those Sonics teams had a deeper roster than the Jazz but Karl just couldn't beat the Jazz in the playoffs.

Don't let me start,how he fumbled that series against the Nuggets when he had the #1 seed....

fred-jones-humping.gif

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Even less pressure now.

“Playing the game I love at the highest level, my family is taken care of, my basketball legacy is taken care of with the ring,” he says. “This is probably the first time in my life I’ll play basketball with no pressure. So that’s kind of how you look at it. But it’s a really good opportunity. It’s a cool opportunity, dope opportunity.”

He wins the 2pac award for most sadly prophetic verse in basketball this year… His legacy seems complete, as far as accomplishments. :smh:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Woooooweeee lol

Pierce is a liar. He always fails to tell the part where Boston told Allen they no longer wanted to pay him what he was asking. They told him he was a 4th wheel and to take it or leave it. KG and Pierce didn't go to bat for him with management, so he said fuck it I am out.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It's crazy how many of the players of this former era (especially on Gil's podcast) have turned Kobe into a hoop god, but take shots at LeBron every chance they get. Melo was great in year one, but he had a much better squad. Lebron was the far better player that year. Overall game, and defense has to mean something, if these players actually like basketball. Martin was a defensive player with limited offensive skill. Shit worked but it was limited. I would think he would have appreciated how well Lebron played wing D, scored the ball, rebounded and assisted his teammates from day one.

I mean damn James was always more efficient, was a better passer, better rebounder, better defender and played at a peak level for longer. I guess folks just like certain aesthetics and performance and statistics don't matter:smh:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
It's crazy how many of the players of this former era (especially on Gil's podcast) have turned Kobe into a hoop god, but take shots at LeBron every chance they get. Melo was great in year one, but he had a much better squad. Lebron was the far better player that year. Overall game, and defense has to mean something, if these players actually like basketball. Martin was a defensive player with limited offensive skill. Shit worked but it was limited. I would think he would have appreciated how well Lebron played wing D, scored the ball, rebounded and assisted his teammates from day one.

I mean damn James was always more efficient, was a better passer, better rebounder, better defender and played at a peak level for longer. I guess folks just like certain aesthetics and performance and statistics don't matter:smh:

Woah. Negative. That wasn’t a shot at Lebron. Melo had a better overall rookie year. Played all 82 games as well. Shit really Bron only had him in assists statistically. How Melo have the better team but both teams were picking top 3 in the draft? Both teams sucked. And the West was much more difficult. Nobody argues who’s better out of Melo and Bron but year one….Melo>>>>

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Woah. Negative. That wasn’t a shot at Lebron. Melo had a better overall rookie year. Played all 82 games as well. Shit really Bron only had him in assists statistically. How Melo have the better team but both teams were picking top 3 in the draft? Both teams sucked. And the West was much more difficult. Nobody argues who’s better out of Melo and Bron but year one….Melo>>>>

It is a shot at Bron. Who else do people cry about winning a Rookie of The Year award 20 years later? Melo doesn't even mention it or care, but all these other people supposedly do? And it's literally the only thing he's mentioned for, losing a ROY to LeBron. Then when Karl uses Joker to diss him nobody speaks up for him. LeBron's 20 5 and 5 and leading his team at 19 years old was more impressive than Melo averaging 21 on a more talented squad.

Warriors blew out the Lakers by 18 past night and not a mention from you fags. We know why underachiever :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Another podcast!! Fuck yea!!

How is LeBron influential? :lol:

The thing with these podcasts is a lot of folks won't see them. People will only watch certain ones. When Skip and Stephen A do their schtick it's on major platforms with huge reach. It's easier to tune out podcasts over loud mouths on ESPN.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
It's crazy how many of the players of this former era (especially on Gil's podcast) have turned Kobe into a hoop god, but take shots at LeBron every chance they get.

It's the reason why Kobe was killed. None of this is possible if he's alive. There have been 3 mysterious helicopter crashes in Cali this year alone, one involving a billionaire Nigerian that folks still feel wasn't an accident. Same shit happened to Bean.

And forget about LeBron for a second, hasn't Tim Duncan been virtually erased from memory since Kobe's death? Does he get mentioned with Kobe? How much love does Kareem still get as a GOAT candidate? Lakers fans say Kobe is the greatest and most important Laker now. Casuals on other teams like MHC say Kobe is top 2 all time over guys like Kareem and Wilt. The revision of Kobe's legacy hasn't just affected The GOAT, the other all time greats had to be downplayed to keep Kobe forced in debates with LeBron. And the thing is, us being able to see how quickly people will lie for Bean, we KNOW they did that for Michael Jordan. Integrity is very important, and the shooting guard brands lack that.