{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Can't take off kobe because there's a generation of players that want to be him

I don't like not having any player pre-1984 in the first graphic.

Dr. J's influence didn't have the reach because the league was not nearly what it would become but if he was MJ's chief influence, I think you could argue him over AI, certainly over Kobe and LeBron.

I had to add Magic at least. I wonder how many people Bird inspired compared to Kobe or LeBron. (I'd give exponential credit, similar to Dr. J.)

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I forgot about this dude. I dont know who was worse for Philly, him or Ben

Philly was terrible for him, Fultz, and Nerlens Noel. All of them were drafted during the period where Philly was tanking for an instant star draft pick.

The only pick that they gave time to develop properly was Joel. All 3 of those players would have been better off developing somewhere else.

Ben would've been Ben no matter where he landed. You see he hasn't shown any improvement in nearly 3 years in BK.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Can't take off kobe because there's a generation of players that want to be him

Most of the guys coming in the league now never saw Kobe play or barely caught amnesty Kobe. Tatum (25), Embiid (30), Book (26), and Kyrie (31) are the last generation to care about Kobe. By the end of this decade, you won't hear his name as much. LeBron James is the most influential NBA player of all time. On and off the court. The entire discourse and how we view the modern game is shaped by LeBron. All the podcasts were influenced by Bron. The way the game is played today (positionless, small ball, 3 & D) is influenced by Bron. Bron has gotten coaches, journalists, and GMs hired. Damn near all the American players yall like were schooled by him at his camp before they went pro.That's influence, not just making a bunch of fans buy hot dogs and sneakers. Again, after he tells his story the narrative will reflect that.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Kobe has zero business being on this list. And i mean ZERO. Again, his death was the best thing to happen to his legacy. I believe he was on his way to being a largely forgotten figure before his untimely demise.

But a bunch of white people and light skin niggas grew up being selfish ballhogs and making mean faces and Michael Jordan fist pumps after they score. I think the meme that doesn't include the biggest draw in the history of the sport got it right. :lol:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You on that pipe early lol

He's telling the truth. Kobe and his daughter being killed gave his brand new life. He only has 14 million followers on Twitter and kept a low profile in retirement. If he was still alive he would be making movies and openly supporting the LeBron era Lakers. He wouldn't be mentioned.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Most of the guys coming in the league now never saw Kobe play or barely caught amnesty Kobe. Tatum (25), Embiid (30), Book (26), and Kyrie (31) are the last generation to care about Kobe. By the end of this decade, you won't hear his name as much. LeBron James is the most influential NBA player of all time. On and off the court. The entire discourse and how we view the modern game is shaped by LeBron. All the podcasts were influenced by Bron. The way the game is played today (positionless, small ball, 3 & D) is influenced by Bron. Bron has gotten coaches, journalists, and GMs hired. Damn near all the American players yall like were schooled by him at his camp before they went pro.That's influence, not just making a bunch of fans buy hot dogs and sneakers. Again, after he tells his story the narrative will reflect that.

At this point gotta be Lebron’s burner account cuz ain’t no way

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
At this point gotta be Lebron’s burner account cuz ain’t no way

You believe 18 year olds that were 4 years old last time Kobe ever won anything who watched LeBron win 4 chips since then and became the biggest name athlete in any sport for 15 years of their life are gonna care about Kobe? :lol:

A lot of Black men from that era that dickate MJ and Kobe are giving up the NBA completely cuz they realize they have no place in this game anymore. Look how many on this board used to post in here but no longer do. A lot!!!! I'm confident you wiggers will follow suit. :yes:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

:roflmao3: :roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

MxPPB7.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Its literally 4 guys. And they're all losers. But again, whats his influence? Kobe wasnt even selling sneakers at superstar level pre death.

That's the issue. Kobe doesn't do well with standalone content. Most of his engagement comes from clout chasing LeBron's legacy. In this thread alone Kobe is mainly only mentioned when the Lakers lose or when they want to slight LeBron. Well, when Bron retires who they gonna use to keep Kobe relevant? Tatum? Book? Those guys are great players but they don't have top 3 all time archs. Associating Kobes legacy with them full time would diminish his brand and his stans know that. Jordan has the same dilemma. They didn't empower the next generation enough so there's not gonna be anyone to keep them relevant. None of the young kids coming in now even mentions MJ or talks about his arch at all.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
“Kobe is mainly only mentioned when the Lakers lose or when they want to slight LeBron.”

Man, great Kobe stories are shared all the time… And the sorry ass Lakers are not good enough to have people hating after their games. No point in arguing with these clearly deranged people.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
“Kobe is mainly only mentioned when the Lakers lose or when they want to slight LeBron.”

Man, great Kobe stories are shared all the time… And the sorry ass Lakers are not good enough to have people hating after their games. No point in arguing with these clearly deranged people.

No they aren't. Even on Twitter Kobe's Stan account tweets that don't involve LeBron or him shitting on the current generation don't do numbers. He had an aloof personality that doesnt translate well outside of basketball.The height of arrogance is people born in the 70s and 80s thinking people born 30 years later are gonna identify with the same athletes they did. You mutha fuckas wasnt dickeating Wilt and Bill Russell 30 years ago, you promoted the guys you saw. Same shit for Generation Z and Alpha.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Theres more than 4
If you say so... Feel free to answer the original question anytime tho.
Who are the LeBron disciples?
He has half the fucking league and part of the NFL under Klutch Sports you stupid fuck. He owns the most powerful sports agency in this country. There are also entire debate shows and programming built around discussing his every move.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you say so... Feel free to answer the original question anytime tho.

He has half the fucking league and part of the NFL under Klutch Sports you stupid fuck. He owns the most powerful sports agency in this country. There are also entire debate shows and programming built around discussing his every move.
I'm looking for his disciples on the court