{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

This is exactly what I'm talking about with JJ. He's really not adding anything substantial, he's just showing disdain for sports reporters, talking heads and the audience while being on First Take.

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Yet he managed to go 5-2 in the Finals and more "efficient" players like Jimmy are ringless....

Gee, I wonder how he went 5-2...

3-peat NBA finals averages:

Shaq:

35.9 PPG - 15.2 RPG - 3.5 APG - 0.7 SPG - 2.9 BPG - 59.1% TS - 3 FMVPs

Kobe:

22.0 PPG - 6.1 RPG - 5.1 APG - 1.3 SPG - 1.2 BPG - 50.8 TS% - 0 FMVPs

Jerry Buss trading prime Shaq and turning his franchise over to inefficient Kobe who was a losing player with a losing record when Phil wasn't coaching him, was a mistake it's still tryna recover from. The team performed better, went to more Finals, and won more Finals when Shaq was the face of franchise vs. Kobe's Lakers. Why that's portrayed as the "right move" isn't based on basketball.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

KG and his generation are to blame. They didn't promote the next generation or took guys under the wing, just hated on them and tried to beat the young guys for clout. Then those young guys went on to be way more successful, made way more money, and became bigger stars. Why would they listen to them or value their input? And now these niggas can't even be gatekeepers cuz the Chucks, Kennys, and Shaqs won't move out the way. They just in no man's land. The all star isn't as important to this generation, and that's OK. You can't clown the IST one month then cry about another exhibition 2 months later. :lol:

Fans been dicksucking foreigners, well those guys aren't gonna bring the camaraderie and excitement to ASG like stars of the past, so be careful what you wish for. ASG falling off is a byproduct of the whitening of the NBA.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

strike-strike_memes.gif

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Stephen A. is a bigger joke because this criticism isn't legitimately about the dude's weight, it's because he's in a small market.

SAS has the same narrative "he's fat" and "he doesn't want to be there"

What's not legit about it? He's out of shape and he puts in a half ass effort. Dude doesn't play defense and he doesn't try to rebound.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is. He doesnt.

What's not legit about it? He's out of shape and he puts in a half ass effort. Dude doesn't play defense and he doesn't try to rebound.

The issue is about the fact that SAS's comments are solely rooted in the fact that he hates the fact that Zion is in a small market and not on his Knicks. SAS is a public figure and should present the NBA and comment on it from a more neutral position.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
The issue is about the fact that SAS's comments are solely rooted in the fact that he hates the fact that Zion is in a small market and not on his Knicks. SAS is a public figure and should present the NBA and comment on it from a more neutral position.

No it has to do with the fact he's mediocre as fuck.

When New Orleans drafted him, did you expect this is how his career would turn out at this point?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You're an enabler bro. And you're in denial.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When New Orleans drafted him, did you expect this is how his career would turn out at this point?

Overall my opinion of Zion is not the issue here, the issue is Stephen. A Smith's biased way of presenting the NBA as a public figure. Valid or not, those criticisms are rooted in his own personal bias and ESPN with the narrative spinning and I'm far from the only person to bring that shit up.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Overall my opinion of Zion is not the issue here, the issue is Stephen. A Smith's biased way of presenting the NBA as a public figure. Valid or not, those criticisms are rooted in his own personal bias and ESPN with the narrative spinning and I'm far from the only person to bring that shit up.

So you don't think he would criticize him even though he's criticized Randle :hmm:

Four years ago, there should be no way anyone would think Julius Randle would be a better option at the four than Zion.

Dude still can't shoot from the outside

and I'm still waiting for him to get the highlight blocks he used to have at dook

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you don't think he would criticize him even though he's criticized Randle :hmm:

Four years ago, there should be no way anyone would think Julius Randle would be a better option at the four than Zion.

Dude still can't shoot from the outside

and I'm still waiting for him to get the highlight blocks he used to have at dook

The issue the not about criticizing him, I expect players to be criticized and they should but you can tell the difference between actual analysis and somebody who is a mixture of a homer and a corporate kiss-ass.

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor

Calling him mediocre is rough. Dude balls when he's on the floor and makes plays. He's got time to develop more of his game but people have a really hard time stopping what he wants to do.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It's entertaining but it's fake hustle. Garnett did not listen to the old heads, which is why he let a square ass financier run his pockets. All that barking at Black people and yet he didn't do shit when someone stole tens of millions of dollars sitting in a suit laughing.

Pierce got stabbed in the club, almost died. So obviously he didn't learn the lesson of rolling with a crew, and how to get in and out the club.

Kobe caught a rape charge on the road. Dissed his entire Black family , and all his money is now part of the Latino economy. So these players sure as hell shouldn't have listened to him.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Pelicans media staff is really doing a disservice to their owners and other players not named Zion. Covering for a guy who is habitually out of shape, always hurt and fucking up image wise off the court is ridiculous.

Stephen A is not a pro ball player. In his professional job it's obvious he has worked far harder than Zion. Stephen A has developed his professional skills, and continued to peak at a high level of consistency over decades, that Zion has not shown he is capable of.