{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

This is why no mention of the Warriors Lakers game last night except Dr. Truth.

Keeping a false narrative alive >>>> Enjoying and analyzing basketball

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Brian Shaw is another delusional Gen X'er. He believes the Shaq and Kobe Lakers that feasted on a weak NBA and lost to the Pistons and Spurs would beat a team with 4 HOFers led by a top 10 scorer and the greatest shooter. There is no team the Lakers played that played with that kind of pace, shooting, and discipline. Kobe guarding small guys like Bibby and Derek Anderson is different than chasing Steph and Klay thru moving screens all day. And they would put Shaq's fat ass in pick and roll and exploit him all day like they used to do Joker and other bigs. I won't even mention the Bulls, I showed you some of their highlights yesterday. Not worth addressing.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
^^^ This guy’s word count for the past 24 hours… :cmonson:

Shame on @Amajorenabler for encouraging him.

Tell us you can't talk basketball in a nuanced manner without telling us. I posted a video of 19 year old Steph Curry being coached by LeBron and you said that wasn't valid evidence of him being influenced.

Shame on MHC and Jawnswoop for encouraging your dumbass posts. At least Dr. Truth mentioned the game last night, your fake Warrior fan ass didnt. Just another Kobe Stan living thru Steph. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Kobe averaged 22 points on sub. 500 shooting in the Finals. He underachieved so his stans never talk about his playoff and NBA Finals scoring drop off. His best scoring performances were always in the regular season. 38 is his career high in the Finals..

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
At least Dr. Truth mentioned the game last night, your fake Warrior fan ass didnt. Just another Kobe Stan living thru Steph. :yes:

I didn’t see the game. I was out doing things— You should try it sometime.

I’ll be at the arena early when Steph visits the District on Tuesday, though.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I didn’t see the game. I was out doing things— You should try it sometime.

I’ll be at the arena early when Steph visits the District on Tuesday, though.

You knew the GOAT wasn't playing so you didn't bother to watch. Highlights how much of a draw he is and how fake the Dubs/Lakers rivalry is. You niggas and wiggers don't hate the Lakers you hate the richest Black man in the NBA.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Kobe averaged 22 points on sub. 500 shooting in the Finals. He underachieved so his stans never talk about his playoff and NBA Finals scoring drop off. His best scoring performances were always in the regular season. 38 is his career high in the Finals..

This is another reason why I say his death helped his legacy. This era has made volume scorers less popular and the heightened emphasis on shooting and efficiency does not reflect favorably on Kobe. Talking heads were just beginning to touch on this before he passed. After the tragedy all such rumblings ceased and he was all of a sudden mentioned in top 10 all time conversations.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This is another reason why I say his death helped his legacy. This era has made volume scorers less popular and the heightened emphasis on shooting and efficiency does not reflect favorably on Kobe. Talking heads were just beginning to touch on this before he passed. After the tragedy all such rumblings ceased and he was all of a sudden mentioned in top 10 all time conversations.

I know youre a Duncan guy. You see how little he is mentioned now so that Kobe can be projected as the "Jordan" of his era? Spurs fans are becoming the loudest detractors of Kobe revisionism because ithey see how it led to their erasure. Mainstream media only wanted to pit Duncan against Bron. Now it's advantageous for them to ignore him completely.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Not a kobe stan but this is the Laker goat

D Lo played with Kobe and his game is actually influenced heavily by him. Go on the Kobe Stan Twitter accounts and see if any of them are wishing him a happy birthday or talked about how well he's been playing lately like I have. They aren't. Kobe was a selfish player, his fanbase is mainly comprised of selfish people who don't uplift others, just like him. :yes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
"I don't even want to say this because it'd be taken the wrong way, but I want to move like a gangster. Like LeBron, the way he moves, that's gangster to me...He has all his people with him. They handle their business... You never hear nothing wrong about them in the social media world and in the ESPN world, none of that… With how focused I am on the court, I don't want to take away from that by doing something stupid.”

Chet Holmgren on looking up to Lebron James

(h/t Joel Lorenzi)

Chet Holmgreen is 20 years old. He wasn't alive when MJ retired for good and he was 6 years old last time Kobe Bryant was synonymous with winning. Maybe LeBron IS influential.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
"all of a sudden mentioned"

You should change your name to @Ashamelessfucup :smh:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Within a minute, only 2 came to mind for me.

Both from the days when I was a fan of the team:
Buck Williams (51) & Kurt Thomas (40)

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Yet he managed to go 5-2 in the Finals and more "efficient" players like Jimmy are ringless....