Rising Star
Platinum Member
Gee, I wonder how he went 5-2...

3-peat NBA finals averages:

Shaq:

35.9 PPG - 15.2 RPG - 3.5 APG - 0.7 SPG - 2.9 BPG - 59.1% TS - 3 FMVPs

Kobe:

22.0 PPG - 6.1 RPG - 5.1 APG - 1.3 SPG - 1.2 BPG - 50.8 TS% - 0 FMVPs

Jerry Buss trading prime Shaq and turning his franchise over to inefficient Kobe who was a losing player with a losing record when Phil wasn't coaching him, was a mistake it's still tryna recover from. The team performed better, went to more Finals, and won more Finals when Shaq was the face of franchise vs. Kobe's Lakers. Why that's portrayed as the "right move" isn't based on basketball.
Kinda true but incomplete.
Shaq was no longer prime after that last season with Kobe, and cussing out your owner, at a game, while demanding a new contract, 50 lbs overweight wasn't wise.

So while Kobe is super over hyped, it was the correct basketball decision, since Kobe netted two more rings with the return of Phil.

The reason he is not higher up the basketball pantheon are his down years, how terribly inefficient he was, and he was a terrible teammate per his low historical assist numbers for his position.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Pelicans media staff is really doing a disservice to their owners and other players not named Zion. Covering for a guy who is habitually out of shape, always hurt and fucking up image wise off the court is ridiculous.

Stephen A is not a pro ball player. In his professional job it's obvious he has worked far harder than Zion. Stephen A has developed his professional skills, and continued to peak at a high level of consistency over decades, that Zion has not shown he is capable of.

I live in New Orleans and watch this team nightly, I will agree that the Pelicans and the local media are very soft on Zion, especially when local media has damn near called for Derek Carr's head but at the same time what NBA market goes hard on its star players?

NBA players are rather emotional and are quick to start to force their way out if they get upset or discounted. Every NBA city's local media and ownership is going to handle them with kid gloves. (and I do understand that a career as a basketball player has a relatively short shelf life)

Also, the local media's soft treatment of Zion is why I tend to look for basketball analysis elsewhere but all basketball commentary about any market not named Los Angeles, New York, Miami, or Boston basically comes down to "he wants out"...

How much of the commentary about the Milwaukee Bucks over the years has been about Giannis wanting out, instead of Giannis' skills and the team as a whole?

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
The GOAT's high school highlights look better than the 90's playoff sloth fest I posted earlier. Jorgambler was out there battling plumbers and data analysts that looked worse than these early 2000's high schoolers. Had his boo and best friend Ahmad Rashad hyping that bullshit up during halftime. :roflmao2: