{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody cares about Udonis Haslem's rings bruh. That's the problem with you Jordan stans. You're stuck in 1991 hyping up jewelry. :lol: Show me UD's salary and impact on the game? Championships are special because of the camradarie between players accomplishing a common goal and becoming the best as a team. Reducing it down to an individual accolade the way you do (which you learned from Jordan brand) is selfish and based on a false premise individuals win chips, they don't, teams do. So many bums like Eddy Curry, Adam Morrison, and Otto Porter have rings because of that fact. But they're still bums.
Never compare those bums with ud
Ud was a starter on a championship team

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
All I've ever said about Wade. Was missing the playoffs and getting bounced in the 1st round without those 2.

Jordan fans have a vested interest to over hype D Wade to diminish LeBron's career since they played together and that was Bron's first team success. They never project Wade over his contemporary shooting guard Kobe, but suddenly with any other millennial player he becomes Jordan, despite never being MVP or considered even the best at his position for even a third of his career. He's a great Hall of Fame player but didn't last long enough or match his early success. Harden has a longer arch and was more impactful on basketball last decade. Hardens playoff chokes are GAMES. D Wade's 2013 Eastern Conference Finals and 2014 NBA Finals performances are worse than Harden has ever played over the course of a SERIES.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Never compare those bums with ud
Ud was a starter on a championship team

He averaged 9 and 8 on a team that had 6 players that had played in an all star game before and 2 teammates who had 3 Defensive Player of The Year awards between them, coming off the bench. This what I'm talking bout reducing rings down to individuals. They had a talented group of vets in a down year for the league. Over time the narrative has become they were a 1 man show with the Boston Celtics version of Shaq so people can pretend Wade had experience leading and taking bums to the promiseland. He never did. He won early in his career with a bunch of guys who were older than him, had already played in big games, already knew their roles, and who stepped up big in the playoffs like they had in the past. Big difference between that and taking unproven bums with 0 experience to the Finals. Context matters.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Past his prime shaq averaged 21 and 10 against what most considered the best defensive team ever to help get the heat even make it to the finals.

Ain't none of that Wade county bull without Shaq. They don't sniff the finals that year without his past his prime self.
And Shaq couldn't beat them in 05 because wade was hurt
It's a team sport nobody does it alone

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He averaged 9 and 8 on a team that had 6 players that had played in an all star game before and 2 teammates who had 3 Defensive Player of The Year awards between them, coming off the bench. This what I'm talking bout reducing rings down to individuals. They had a talented group of vets in a down year for the league. Over time the narrative has become they were a 1 man show with the Boston Celtics version of Shaq so people can pretend Wade had experience leading and taking bums to the promiseland. He never did. He won early in his career with a bunch of guys who were older than him, had already played in big games, already knew their roles, and who stepped up big in the playoffs like they had in the past. Big difference between that and taking unproven bums with 0 experience to the Finals. Context matters.
Who has ever said the 06 heat were unproven bums ?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ud had a chip before Bron
Ud has a podcast he gets paid to talk
Ud was defending lebron on the podcast against Teague
Ud was a bum before Bron
Ud was a bum after Bron
Ud has no identity outside south beach before The Heatles
Ud was about to get run out of his own town until Bron took a paycut
Ud talk too much.
Ud was not a interesting player. Nobody wanna hear a Ud podcast.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Who has ever said the 06 heat were unproven bums ?

No one. But just making the point, they weren't a 1 man D Wade show. They were stacked with proven vets which made the degree of difficulty in winning a chip much easier. A younger unproven team doesn't come back from being down 0-2 in the Finals.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jordan fans have a vested interest to over hype D Wade to diminish LeBron's career since they played together and that was Bron's first team success. They never project Wade over his contemporary shooting guard Kobe, but suddenly with any other millennial player he becomes Jordan, despite never being MVP or considered even the best at his position for even a third of his career. He's a great Hall of Fame player but didn't last long enough or match his early success. Harden has a longer arch and was more impactful on basketball last decade. Hardens playoff chokes are GAMES. D Wade's 2013 Eastern Conference Finals and 2014 NBA Finals performances are worse than Harden has ever played over the course of a SERIES.
Yes games, the biggest games of his career.
The ones that actually have stakes
Harden has to actually get to the finals to have a bad performance.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ud was a bum before Bron
Ud was a bum after Bron
Ud has no identity outside south beach before The Heatles
Ud was about to get run out of his own town until Bron took a paycut
Ud talk too much.
Ud was not a interesting player. Nobody wanna hear a Ud podcast.
ud is forever a made man in the city
Period

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Fuckin faggots

:roflmao2: :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

KxuMLd.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
This statue shit has officially gotten out of control.

Putting Giannis in the discussion, at this point, is crazy.

LeBron in Cleveland is a no-brainer. LeBron in Miami or LA would be a disgrace to either franchise.

I don't the Klay or Draymond would be statue-worthy on their own but I do think it would be respectable and cool to have all three players who were together for a decade-plus and won 4 titles (to date) honored in that way. Arguably the greatest team of all-time, possibly the last dynasty we'll see unless the NBA reforms its insane luxury tax rules.

It's a team game... I wouldn't have been mad at a Pippen statue next to Jordan as he was there for and essential to all 6 titles, though Jordan is obviously a singular figure-- Kind of crazy that he got his statue before the second threepeat. Malone & Stockton should have statues in Utah, past misdeeds and Qanon love aside.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor

LeBron in Cleveland is a no-brainer. LeBron in Miami or LA would be a disgrace to either franchise.

I don't the Klay or Draymond would be statue-worthy on their own but I do think it would be respectable and cool to have all three players who were together for a decade-plus and won 4 titles (to date) honored in that way. Arguably the greatest team of all-time, possibly the last dynasty we'll see unless the NBA reforms its insane luxury tax rules.

It's a team game... I wouldn't have been mad at a Pippen statue next to Jordan as he was there for and essential to all 6 titles, though Jordan is obviously a singular figure-- Kind of crazy that he got his statue before the second threepeat. Malone & Stockton should have statues in Utah, past misdeeds and Qanon love aside.
If you think Giannis isnt going to get a statue in Milwaukee, then you're crazy. He's already the greatest Buck of all time, and it aint even close.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Ring of honor and possible jersey retirements for Klay, Dray, Stockton, Malone. Statues need to be reserved for champion level franchise guys. Game chargers who impacted the league. Adding role players ,and guys who never won shit devalues the idea.

Also, Yannis deserves one. He is on pace to be the best international player ever.. already 2nd best player in franchise history.. multiple league MVPs and a ring in a small market.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
How Im wrong? And you better not get to talking bout Kareem. Giannis has surpassed him as a BUCK.

That was my hesitancy... He's crossing the ten year mark this year, which I think is about the minimum length of service required for this, and we aren't sure he'll stay there. If he demands a trade this offseason and leaves with one title, I don't think it really makes sense. Especially is he goes on to win more titles elsewhere... I see a statue as saying "This is a franchise-defining player/group."

Giannis is just 29. Too much yet to be determined.