{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I care about the regular season as much as the players do. If I see them tapped in then I’m tapped in. But if I see them bullshittin’ and making comments like they don’t care about certain games, then I don’t care as much.

But I make sure I catch every Nuggets game I can. Had to buy league pass tho. I catch the Magic every now and again.

But yeah the NBA should start Christmas Day but we all know that’ll never happen.
I dropped my League Pass last season. I've been taken to watching most regular season games the day after online.

I don't get to experience the live game, but it's easier watching online without ads and a million TV timeouts. And being able to rewind at will, really always study the game and the moves.

Christmas would be a perfect start date, but you're right. It'll never happen.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I dropped my League Pass last season. I've been taken to watching most regular season games the day after online.

I don't get to experience the live game, but it's easier watching online without ads and a million TV timeouts. And being able to rewind at will, really always study the game and the moves.

I Never had to buy league pass, because everything is on IPTV and I'm glad because league pass is a waste of money. especially when you can watch the home and away games without no blackout.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Remember the Heat were a trash expansion team pre Riley.
He's the one that built the franchise as it exists today.
He didnt build shit. He failed upward for over a decade then got gifted Wade by Joe Dumars stupidly picking Darco. Heat culture is media concocted bullshit just like Rileys greasy head godfather bullshit persona. Hes been largely incompetent and without Bron coming and saving everyones legacy his 30 year run in Miami would be a one hit wonder season where David Stern gifted them a ring via 100 free throws to spite Mark Cuban.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He didnt build shit. He failed upward for over a decade then got gifted Wade by Joe Dumars stupidly picking Darco. Heat culture is media concocted bullshit just like Rileys greasy head godfather bullshit persona. Hes been largely incompetent and without Bron coming and saving everyones legacy his 30 year run in Miami would be a one hit wonder season where David Stern gifted them a ring via 100 free throws to spite Mark Cuban.
Go tell that to Zo, Tim Hardaway, PJ Brown, Jamal Mashburn, Dan Marjle, Voshon Leonard, Keith Askins etc etc etc

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He has a coach that turns water into wine so that's really what it's come down to
He's had 30 years drafted 2 ppl actually worth a damn?

Pat Riley: "For me, it's not through the draft, because lottery picks are living a life of misery. That season is miserable. And if you do three or four years in a row to get lottery picks, then I'm in an insane asylum. And the fans will be, too. So who wants to do that?"​

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Go tell that to Zo, Tim Hardaway, PJ Brown, Jamal Mashburn, Dan Marjle, Voshon Leonard, Keith Askins etc etc etc
Tell them what? They're all losers. Heat have no culture... unless you mean fucking over your organizations greatest player and running Bron off because you bought into the fake mafioso bullshit the media labeled you with. The same clowns who trashed Bron for losing a bunch of finals appearances point to Heats losing two finals appearances since 2013 as some sort of proof of the greatness and sustained existence of heat "culture".

3 years prior to James Heat averaged 30 wins. 3 years post James Heat missed postseason twice. What culture?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He's had 30 years drafted 2 ppl actually worth a damn?
And one of those doesnt count. Pat Rileys draft incompetence is near MJ levels of ineptitude and it goes overlooked and ignored by media. Justice Winslow over Devin Booker, Precious over Maxey.... Riley drafting D league talent over all star caliber players from Kentucky is particularly laughable for various reasons..

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Tell them what? They're all losers. Heat have no culture... unless you mean fucking over your organizations greatest player and running Bron off because you bought into the fake mafioso bullshit the media labeled you with. The same clowns who trashed Bron for losing a bunch of finals appearances point to Heats losing two finals appearances since 2013 as some sort of proof of the greatness and sustained existence of heat "culture".

3 years prior to James Heat averaged 30 wins. 3 years post James Heat missed postseason twice. What culture?

Their lone playoff series win in 2016 came against Michael Jordan's Hornets in a 7 game 1st round series.

Seeing posters who used to "hate the Heat" now praising Bosh and Spo is just passive aggressive LeBron hate. Can't even come close to holding them to the standard they hold the GOAT to.

Jondoe celebrated Dallas beating Miami in 2011 for a decade on here and no one batted an eye. As recent as 4 months ago he was bigging up 5 points a game JJ Barea just for being white on a team that beat LeBron. His logic is The Heat didn't lose that Finals, only LeBron did. Now Jimmy Butler gets props for scoring 30 in Finals losses. Clown shit to keep Riley and Spo's white mediocrity propped up.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
lebron-james-lebron-crying.gif

It'll be ok, get up now!

You're not the only player that gets bad calls!

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
you right, but that shit was beyond horrible officiating. Last season was the worst league wide officiating I have seen In a long time, Hopefully this year will be better.
I doubt it because it seems like adam silver doesn't give a fuck about those bad calls from the refs nor disciplining them for it!

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Poor Joker, he's playing outstanding bball, but still can't get out of the GOAT's shadow when it comes to discourse, even in this thread. :lol: White people watch sports to see Black folks lose, not to see white folks win, there's a huge difference. :yes:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
He's definitely the most Overrated "Superstar" ever. He's a cool player. But you the fam and I know we can have debates not based on emotions. So I know you'll tell me. What did Wade ever do without Shaq or Bron on his team? 2nd best shooting guard ever let folks tell it. Nigga never competed for shit without 2 of the greatest ever to play with him
To me the thing that really put Wade up there with the greats is his ability to get MORE from the greats around him.

Shaq wasn't LA Shaq when he played with them and a big reason why they won the chip that year was the play of Wade... then with Bron, yeah he was great but playing with Wade made him that much better... and Wade was more willing to be THAT guy when Bron wasn't... so to me he just took this guy's greatness and amplified it... to me that says something about you when you're not only able to draw out better play from role players and other starters but you're able to do it with some of the greatest players to ever set foot on the court... both of those guys have said that without Wade they do not win the chips they won

Now 2nd best SG of all time, that IS a stretch when you have Bean and Jordan sitting there...

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
To me the thing that really put Wade up there with the greats is his ability to get MORE from the greats around him.

Shaq wasn't LA Shaq when he played with them and a big reason why they won the chip that year was the play of Wade... then with Bron, yeah he was great but playing with Wade made him that much better... and Wade was more willing to be THAT guy when Bron wasn't... so to me he just took this guy's greatness and amplified it... to me that says something about you when you're not only able to draw out better play from role players and other starters but you're able to do it with some of the greatest players to ever set foot on the court... both of those guys have said that without Wade they do not win the chips they won

Now 2nd best SG of all time, that IS a stretch when you have Bean and Jordan sitting there...
You know I got rebuttals for all of this but I'm gonna go light and say this. The easy argument is "Shaq wasn't L.A. Shaq" and Wade is the reason they got that ring. Not saying you but folks tend to run to those finals numbers of Shaq to prove their point. But totally skip over the previous series where they played the pistons. A team many analysts consider the best defensive team ever. Washed Shaq averaged 21 and 10 that series (all world wade averaged 26 that series.) You don't swap out Shaq with Zo who averaged 2 and 3 or UD who averaged 7 and 7 and get past the pistons, for Wade to even have an opportunity to play for a ring.

spider705

BGOL Investor

Man my girlfriend has some shit called GLOBAL CHOICE MEDIA on her fire stick... it's like $25 a month... I get EVERYTHING on there... nba, nfl, mlb, ncaa... any game that's on I can watch it

Between that and kodi, which I just installed on there, we canceled every streaming service and are saving a boatload of money.

No Disney+, Netflix, MAX, Hulu, Amazon Video, Peacock, NOTHING.

spider705

BGOL Investor
You know I got rebuttals for all of this but I'm gonna go light and say this. The easy argument is "Shaq wasn't L.A. Shaq" and Wade is the reason they got that ring. Not saying you but folks tend to run to those finals numbers of Shaq to prove their point. But totally skip over the previous series where they played the pistons. A team many analysts consider the best defensive team ever. Washed Shaq averaged 21 and 10 that series. You don't swap out Shaq with Zo who averaged 2 and 3 or UD who averaged 7 and 7 and get past the pistons, for Wade to even have an opportunity to play for a ring.
Oh I agree with that... Shaq got them there but Wade was the finisher... and a lot of what Shaq was doing was in large part because they couldn't leave Wade alone because he was going to eat... they chose their poison, betting on "washed" Shaq to be the weakest link and played hard on Wade only to have Shaq put it together for one series and beat them.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
You know I got rebuttals for all of this but I'm gonna go light and say this. The easy argument is "Shaq wasn't L.A. Shaq" and Wade is the reason they got that ring. Not saying you but folks tend to run to those finals numbers of Shaq to prove their point. But totally skip over the previous series where they played the pistons. A team many analysts consider the best defensive team ever. Washed Shaq averaged 21 and 10 that series. You don't swap out Shaq with Zo who averaged 2 and 3 or UD who averaged 7 and 7 and get past the pistons, for Wade to even have an opportunity to play for a ring.

Wade averaged 18 a game in the playoffs in the 4 seasons he played with LeBron. Anthony Davis has been a better player beside LeBron than Wade was. Jordan stans overrate Wade's impact to downplay LeBrons ability to go to new teams and instantly make them contenders. Wade was 8x all NBA, 3x all defense and played 4 seasons with LeBron. Pippen was 7x all NBA and 8x all defense in 8 seasons with MJ and stans will say Jordan "made him" to downplay his help and dependence on Scottie. The agendas are easy to spot when you really study the game.

Also if Wade gets all the credit for winning in 06 he gets all the blame for getting swept out the first round by Ben Gordon the following year and running Shaq out of town.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Remember the Heat were a trash expansion team pre Riley.
He's the one that built the franchise as it exists today.
He is also the reason the two biggest players the Heat ever had, Lebron and Shaq left because they didn't want to deal with his bullshit.