{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Nigga needs to STFU if he can't back up what he says!

It's not like he said anything bad, he literally spoke coach speak...

"He's shooting the ball well he's playing well so I'm just here to make it difficult and get him into the 4th quarter faster."

What's wrong with that? People so quick to try and get a hot sound bite that they just flat out overlook the entire statement, which was very tame...

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I’m be looking like ass then

@Amajorfucup

tf.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It would've been nice to know what Lebron said but I'll guess by their reaction.

Without digging up all of the old history of the Heat before Lebron.

Lebron would've been the same player, it just would've taken him longer to get to the Finals again on Cleveland.

He was a 2 time League MVP and went to the Finals with a team that most couldn't name another player on it.

Without Miami Lebron would've been Lebron, just took him longer and a different path to get to his championships.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Oh and @jawnswoop I think this was a TERRIBLE time for him to have to guard LeBron...

With the Lakers sending a tape to the league pointing out what they believe were missed calls, if you so much as BREATHE on LeBron tonight they're calling a foul...

I might have to check prizepicks or something to see the over/under on LeBron free throws tonight... I'm definitely taking the OVER

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
There's 2 that this happens to for different reasons
LeBron doesn't get majority of the calls afforded to everyone else cause he's "strong"

Curry doesn't get the same regular ass calls Dame and company get cause he's "little"

I been tired of it

It's not cause he's strong. :lol: Embiid and Giannis are "strong" players that average double digit free throws. Its to slow down his scoring and keep a shoe brand that generates 19 billion dollars a year for the league and media propped up. If he was officiated like a superstar him and his team would fare better. They lost by 1 point last night.

Steph doesn't get elbowed in the face like LeBron but I agree he doesnt get calls attacking the basket. I believe its cuz they want to steer him to shoot 3s since that's what he's known for. They give him calls on 3s, but if he drives for layups not so much.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh and @jawnswoop I think this was a TERRIBLE time for him to have to guard LeBron...

With the Lakers sending a tape to the league pointing out what they believe were missed calls, if you so much as BREATHE on LeBron tonight they're calling a foul...

I might have to check prizepicks or something to see the over/under on LeBron free throws tonight... I'm definitely taking the OVER

I have that member on ignore but I'm guessing you're talking about Dillion.

If he guards Lebron tonight, then they might need to call the cops! :roflmao:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
We didn't see Spider defend or even mention Dillon Brooks in this thread until he plays the GOAT. Prior to that, all his posts were for Steph and Wemby. If fans only care about "their team" when they play the GOAT but nutride players in other markets 90% of the time, you have a weak product. This game cannot survive without LeBron's engagement.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

You do realize their isn't no NBA games tonight because of the election.

Good luck on the bets.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
It's not cause he's strong. :lol: Embiid and Giannis are "strong" players that average double digit free throws. Its to slow down his scoring and keep a shoe brand that generates 19 billion dollars a year for the league and media propped up. If he was officiated like a superstar him and his team would fare better. They lost by 1 point last night.

Steph doesn't get elbowed in the face like LeBron but I agree he doesnt get calls attacking the basket. I believe its cuz they want to steer him to shoot 3s since that's what he's known for. They give him calls on 3s, but if he drives for layups not so much.

Nah you missed it
Strong is not the strength it's the you're too good so you play through it

He doesn't get those whistles cause if he did he'd average 40

Same with Curry
You're too good so if we gave you the same whistle we give Dame AUSTIN REAVES and other guards and you shot the same fts as them you'd average 40 a game easy

And it's stupid
Call a touch foul on one end
LeBron knocked into the camera and a play on

Call a rip thru grift for a foul for Dame
Curry attacks the basket because he is a complete player and can do so .. get knocked out of bounds finishes but no foul

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Nah you missed it
Strong is not the strength it's the you're too good so you play through it

He doesn't get those whistles cause if he did he'd average 40

Same with Curry
You're too good so if we gave you the same whistle we give Dame AUSTIN REAVES and other guards and you shot the same fts as them you'd average 40 a game easy

And it's stupid
Call a touch foul on one end
LeBron knocked into the camera and a play on

Call a rip thru grift for a foul for Dame
Curry attacks the basket because he is a complete player and can do so .. get knocked out of bounds finishes but no foul

Nah, I'm not giving the refs an out. Bron is getting elbowed and smacked in the face and we have analytics showing his lack of calls have gotten progressively worse for over a decade. It's also known guys headhunt him in the lane because they know it won't be called. This is deliberate and has more to do with politics than evening some bball odds. There's a large contingent of fans that only watch the NBA just to see LeBron lose, theyre simply catering to that. Remember we just had a ref that got busted on his burner trashing players online step down this off season with a very hush hush investigation that didn't go public.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Nah, I'm not giving the refs an out. Bron is getting elbowed and smacked the face and we have analytics showing his lack of calls have gotten progressively worse for over a decade. It's also known guys headhunt him in the lane because they know it won't be called. This is deliberate and has more to do with politics than evening some bball odds. There's a large contingent of fans that only watch the NBA just to see LeBron lose, theyre simply catering to that. Remember we just had a ref that got busted on his burner trashing players online step down this off season with a very hush hush investigation that didn't go public.
It's not giving them an out it's laying out the fuckery in plain view

I'm not ok with them doing it its the opposite but ppl act like it's not happening

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

This dude is still crying?

I remembered he was go crazy banging on the floor, pacing back and forth and stayed on with his head down for a while before he got up when his armed got hit and the refs didn't called a foul when the Lakers played the Celtics.

He should thankful the refs call fould for when he used to flop all the time.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
gilbert said what heat culture. And goes back to my Wade the most over hyped nigga ever. How you ain't even make the playoffs the year after Bron left with the same team.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
That's true but he wouldve been ringless as well not going to the heat.

Which is why he was ring chasing going to different teams.

Yes because he's never won anywhere else besides Miami.

I just posted the list of players who've led different teams to chips. 3 players.

And playing for the Cleveland Cavs and the "he came to LA to do movies not win chips" Lakers is "ring chasing"? Like it was assumed he would win for both of them. Just like I'm sure y'all thought and knew he'd still be dominating and the center of attention in Year 21 right? :lol: Crazy revisionism by BGOL Mikey and Kobe stans.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
gilbert said what heat culture. And goes back to my Wade the most over hyped nigga ever. How you ain't even make the playoffs the year after Bron left with the same team.

I have a super small caveat about that
The team was already built on scraps and old ppl and only worked if all people were healthy - bosh was not
LeBron gone
Then saying why didn't you make it with Shane Battier is a little dishonest

They didn't make the finals and win games cause of Shane Battier that won because of LeBron Wade and bosh

So you take 2 out of the equation
With a decrepit roster
What do you think will happen?

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
The team was already built on scraps and old ppl and only worked if all people were healthy - bosh was not
LeBron gone

They didn't make the finals and win games cause of Shane Battier that won because of LeBron Wade and bosh

With a decrepit roster
Couldn't make the playoffs though? Not win It all, not make a long run, couldn't make it at all? With the 2nd best shooting guard ever let folks try to tell it? In the weak east as they use to call it?

spider705

BGOL Investor

Bro I'm with you on 99% of your takes but Wade overrated...? Nah man I can't rock with that...

And was that you or Cousin Slick that didn't like Melo? :lol:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I have that member on ignore but I'm guessing you're talking about Dillion.

If he guards Lebron tonight, then they might need to call the cops! :roflmao:
You weren't kidding when you said you have these cats on ignore lmao.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
LeBron gone

With a decrepit roster

Bosh played the entire 2015 season when they missed the playoffs. If the team was old and decrepit and only functioned well when healthy, not really a "super team" ehh?

The reality is that Wade and Bosh underperformed as Heatles but were never going to take the scrutiny for it because fans, yourself included, were and are more invested in diminishing LeBron than actually holding all 3 accountable for their play as "superstars". Nobody cares about Wade or Bosh's legacies and both players were overrated to make it seem like LeBron had an unfair advantage and "too much help" than Michael Jordan had. Once Bron realized that he left. The fact they missed the playoffs the year after with 2 all stars and he went to the Finals on a new team says a lot. The fact they haven't won anything as a franchise in the 10 years since he left and lost to LeBron in 2020 says even more.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Bro I'm with you on 99% of your takes but Wade overrated...? Nah man I can't rock with that...

And was that you or Cousin Slick that didn't like Melo? :lol:
He's definitely the most Overrated "Superstar" ever. He's a cool player. But you the fam and I know we can have debates not based on emotions. So I know you'll tell me. What did Wade ever do without Shaq or Bron on his team? 2nd best shooting guard ever let folks tell it. Nigga never competed for shit without 2 of the greatest ever to play with him

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Yes because he's never won anywhere else besides Miami.

I just posted the list of players who've led different teams to chips. 3 players.

And playing for the Cleveland Cavs and the "he came to LA to do movies not win chips" Lakers is "ring chasing"? Like it was assumed he would win for both of them. Just like I'm sure y'all thought and knew he'd still be dominating and the center of attention in Year 21 right? :lol: Crazy revisionism by BGOL Mikey and Kobe stans.
He played for the cavs, heat and lakers to get rings. A lot of people don't even want to count the bubble ring he won in florida but I'm not even gonna be one of those guys because that counted too.

but yeah, dude couldn't stay on 1 team to win a ring.

he'll probably join another team that draft his son and then retire.