{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anthony Edward’s is the future of the nba, when Steph and Lebron are gone
I would be so down for the Nuggets to lose so Mike Malone can get fired but I know win or lose, he staying. And I feel like the Nuggets will most likely win and not have to face the repercussions of giving games away.
at this point he’s like popovich and spo
He will retire as the nuggets coach no matter what

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
First of all, im not your nigga. You piece of shit. Secondly, i went no where.. Ive been here .. and even if i did i come and go as i please.. Bitch Nigga. And again, you tapped out before halftime... Pussy. So dont talk tough now. Go back in your rathole and eat your cheese. Ho ass nigga.

..and take that 45 piece wit cha.
Major, I bet this how you looked after typing that

You still my guy Youngblood

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Walked off court before the game was over.

Cracked jokes and laughed at podium after a no show loss.

Called 45 point blowout a “good loss”.

Beat down in a close out game a year removed from a championship run.

If Lebron had done close to one of those things.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Nikola Jokic is white. It's different for him. :yes:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

If LeBron had done those things the black media members would have been the first ones to clutch their pearls and get sanctimonious with him (see Wilbon) talkin about "My Kobe and my MJ would NEVER"

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
If LeBron had done those things the black media members would have been the first ones to clutch their pearls and get sanctimonious with him (see Wilbon) talkin about "My Kobe and my MJ would NEVER"

Black media members are self hating and white worshipping. They don't call out any foreign players, which gives foreign players an advantage over Americans. They have a better perception.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Cac gone bust they ass Game 7, they're already talm bout largest loss playoffs MVP. Win or loose he gone put up game 5 numbers...he ain't going out like that

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from tonight in the NBA:

1) Well here we are with 10 takeaways on a one-game slate. Be prepared for halftime shows, birthdays, shoe colorways, and…

Nuggets had another team dinner in Minnesota without Aaron Gordon (12 points, 8 rebounds, -27). If you’re unaware of the story, he was the only player unable to attend the dinner before Game 3. You know what happened next. They got their swagger back and rolled off three straight. Well, safe to say he’s allowed back now.

Wolves still gave him open looks. They’re willing to die this way. Malone said he thinks AG’s been feeling disrespected by Minnesota’s defensive scheme…

“Somebody joked that Aaron Gordon had turned into Kobe Bryant. Well, he’s open.” - Michael Malone

2) Dinner updates not doing it for ya? How ‘bout referee narratives? Marc Davis was the crew chief tonight. He was who Jamal Murray threw the towel and heat pack at in Game 2. Jamal approached him pregame, shook his hand, and gave him a little chat. Gotta imagine an apology was given.

Game 2 was also a game both teams were allowed to be crazy physical, which is obviously beneficial to the Wolves' play style. Guess what? Wolves were hella physical again. Nothing was called.

You got no chance if Jaden McDaniels has the green light to do whatever he wants. Might have nightmares later cause that sh*t was scary and the rest of the Wolves fed off it. Killed on offense too. Nuggets dared him to beat them and he did. Scored 21 points on 96.5 TS% (8-10 FG, 3-5 3PT).

“This guy right here, he led us tonight … he stepped it up big time” - Anthony Edwards on Jaden McDaniels

3) Mike Conley (13 points, 5 assists) returned after missing Game 5 with a sore Achilles. Finch said they would be mindful of his lower leg ailment throughout the night. It looked alright to me. He played 31 minutes on a night he coulda played 20. Had a beautiful block off the glass on Braun. Crazy how much calmer their offense is when he’s out there.

“We got Mike Conley back, that was it.” - Ant on why the Wolves played the way they did in Game 6.

4) This KAT game went hard (10 points, 13 rebounds, +25). His defense on Jokic was special. Remember, Jokic was just 1-of-6 when defended by Towns on Tuesday. It was Gobert he was killing. He makes him catch everything outside the paint, absorbs contact, and doesn’t allow Jokic to back him down. It disrupts everything and keeps Gobert as the roamer. Still has a hard time avoiding foul trouble but we’ll let it slide on a night like this.

5) Ant’s been true to his word. Before this series started, he talked about his relationship with KCP…

“That’s my brother. That’s my big brother for sure. I’m trying to tear his head off. 100%. … After the series, we’ll talk.” - Ant

“We haven’t talked at all this whole series. What he said, he meant it. It might just be like ‘What’s up’ and that’s it. He might not even say that. He might just throw a nod at me and keep it going.” - KCP

That’s that Georgia connection. Silent treatment gonna have to last a couple more days but Ant was LOUD tonight. We all knew he wasn’t going out quietly. Scored 27 points on 65.8 TS%. HE WAS A +43!!! Highest +/- in a playoff game in Wolves history. Good God.

He had a big and I mean BIG scare mid-game. Got knocked out of the air by MPJ and landed flat on his back. Stayed down for a really long time. Thought he would take his free throws and head straight to the locker room. Forgot for a second how much he’s played through already this season.

6) K, this Jamal Murray game was gross — 10 points on 27.8 TS% (4-18 FG). We already know an excuse is in place. We all saw it. He ran into a Rudy Gobert screen on the second possession and was instantly hurting. Was tugging at his elbow throughout.

Not gonna ignore the defense played on him though. The on-ball pressure was ridiculous. He wasn’t able to create any separation whatsoever. You could see the frustration kick in. He air-balled a layup by about a foot at one point. Almost looked like he stopped trying to get to the rim.

“Clearly it did not.” - Jamal Murray on if his elbow felt better as the game went on

“Game 6 is always the hardest. They came to play today.” - Jamal Murray

7) Michael Porter Jr. continues to struggle (8 points, 1-6 3PT). Reggie Jackson said that this series was kind of expected for MPJ given how well he played against the Lakers.

“Everyone is going to really be attached to him. The way they’re guarding him is allowing everyone else to flourish.” - Reggie Jackson

Thought this was gonna be his night after scoring five points in the first three minutes. NOPE. Went 1-of-5 after the first quarter. Maybe the most embarrassing part of his night was Ant hitting him with the HESI. So filthy.

“We didn’t come out with the right mentality. Their backs were against the wall and they played like it.” - Michael Porter Jr.

8) Wolves wasted no time in showing us their adjustment. The doubles on Joker’s first dribble came fast and often. Got him uncomfortable as soon as he caught it in the post. Had a suspicion this would be the case after his Game 5 performance. The doubles weren’t just effective in stopping Jokic (22 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, -25). It got the entire defense moving. The rotations were crisp and the passing lanes were non-existent. He really had as many assists as Rudy Gobert, SMH.

Don’t think he’s really stressing it. Apparently, he’s currently in the locker room singing some Serbian folk music.

“I don’t think we should. It’s a great loss. They beat us. They destroyed us.” - Nikola Jokic on how they should get over this loss

9) One of the things I thought Minny needed to fix was their transition defense. In Game 5, Nuggets outscored them in fast break points 16 to 4. That was flipped tonight. Wolves doubled them up 18 to 9. I’m tellin’ ya. That defense fixed everything. God, I’m really curious about Game 7's crew chief now.

“We always knew it was gonna be a long series coming in, it proved to be the case. To win it, you gotta get four. They didn’t say how ya gotta get 'em. So it should be fun on Sunday.” - Chris Finch

10) One thing that’s been beaten to death this postseason is the importance of 3-point variance. Well, it struck again tonight. Nuggets were on the wrong side of it this time.

Nuggets in Game 5: 9-19 3PT (47.4%)
Nuggets in Game 6: 7-36 3PT (19.4%)

Wolves in Game 5: 8-26 3PT (30.8%)
Wolves in Game 6: 15-40 3PT (37.5%)

A lot of the looks Denver got today were open too but hey, variance is a b*tch.

“We talked a lot today about getting our edge back, our swagger.” - Chris Finch

“WOLVES IN SEVEN!” - Target Center

Wolves beat the Nuggets 115-70. Denver suffers their largest loss (45 points) in a potential series-clinching game in nearly 70 years.

Really can’t believe the basketball gods gave us what we all asked for. The two best words in sports ... Game 7.