{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Well why did you give him credit for it?

Did you watch the games?
Please don't do the did you watch the games stuff
Please lol

I didn't give anyone credit I'm not vested in the success or failure of the nuggets so me making sure that Murray got credit or joker didn't get credit about those things would be obsessive behavior I can only obsesses over the warriors

Now I'm just commenting on what I saw and calling that into question. It looked funny in the moment but not enough to windmill in here against the tide

But now we're recapping cause their season over it is with noting

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
With the exception of the Warriors, damn near every one of those were fluke championships :lol:

Raptors - KD and Klay injured.

Lakers - Bubble championship where Heat players were injured.

Bucks - Giannis murked Kyrie's ankle, Nets injured and Suns players injured in Finals

Warriors- I can't remember any issues in that Finals.

Nuggets - If I remember correctly Jimmy was hurt or Miami had injury issues.

Not sure how good that is for the league? But it’s better than the same team winning them all.
Funny how the most "we don't recognize" that ring squad was the only one playing honest basketball upon reflection lol

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from today in the NBA:

1) “It’s Game 7 at the Garden.” - Josh Hart

Couldn’t have said it any better. Legendary vibes at MSG. Fans were chanting “Let’s Go Knicks” in the escalators 30 minutes before the game even started. It’s been 29 years since they hosted a Game 7. Can you blame them? They were into it all game, even when they were down 20+. ESPN gotta chill though. Can’t imagine how disgusted I’d feel as a Pacers fan watching Stephen A. Smith spew his Knicks fandom all over my television right before a Game 7. Guess karma’s a b*tch.

2) Well, the OG Anunoby (hamstring) thing was super weird. Figured he was playing once we got the upgrade yesterday. Maybe “playing” is a strong word. He couldn’t run. Not even kidding. You’re sitting there and thinking to yourself, “What am I watching?”

Pacers went right at him as soon as they noticed. Thibs had to pull him after about five minutes. Honestly, who the hell was in charge of letting him suit up? We use the word “malpractice” often but that’s exactly what that was. God knows how this all looks had he really gotten hurt. Miles McBride (8 points, 5 rebounds) started the second half for him.

There was never any doubt about Josh Hart (strained abdomen) playing. The only question was how effective he’d be. Not that effective. Scored 10 points on 46.5 TS% to go along with 8 boards. Can’t hate on him though. That fact that he was out there was a miracle in itself.

“Didn’t think it was worth the risk” - Thibs on pulling OG

“I just wanted to play. I wanted to at least try and help my teammates” - OG Anunoby

3) You thought the Cavs' season was cursed? Poor Knicks, man... Mitchell Robinson, Julius Randle, OG Anunoby, Bojan Bogdanovic and now Jalen Brunson.

Figured it was bad when his pops had to go to the locker room with him. Knew it was bad when he wasn’t on the bench to begin the fourth. Fracturing your shooting hand in a Game 7 is such a brutal way to end a historic season.

28.7 PPG (career-high)
6.7 APG (career-high)
16 40-point games (playoffs included)

Already on the Knicks’ Mt. Rushmore.

“[Injuries are] part of the game. This group, we didn’t make excuses for anything. We moved forward with what we had. Obviously, we wanted to be healthy, but we had that mindset… and really took it to heart.” - Jalen Brunson

4) Tyrese Haliburton pulled a Ben Simmons early in the first quarter, passing up an open layup for a kick out. Thought to myself, “Not like this, Tyrese.” Was terrified he was gonna be scared of the moment. Didn’t want another one of those low-usage playoff games. Thank God, it wasn’t. Scored 11 straight points after being scoreless in the first eight minutes. Maybe it was the guy wearing the flannel that got him going but Game 7 Hali was pure. Finished with 26 points on 74.5 TS% (27.9% USG).

Showed up in the postgame presser wearing a hoodie with Reggie Miller on it doing the choke sign. Cold.

“We had preseason camp in Nashville; just players no coaches. That was what we communicated from the jump, that we expected to be here.” - Tyrese Haliburton

5) Indy just gave us one of the greatest, if not greatest shooting games in NBA playoff history.

FG% by quarter:
1st- 76.2%
2nd - 76.5%
3rd - 59.1%
4th - 57.9%

Broke the NBA record for FG% in a playoff game (67.1%). First team to score 70 or more points in the first half of a Game 7 on the road. Most points in a Game 7 by any team since the ABA-NBA merger. Total dominance.

“We’re the uninvited guest, so here we are.” - Rick Carlisle

Few things before I finish up here:

* Knicks were 7-0 this postseason when winning the rebound battle. They finish 0-6 when losing the rebound battle.

* Alec Burks tried his best (26 points). There were actually “ALEC BURKS” chants. What a weird game.

* Donte DiVincenzo’s nine 3's are the most ever in a Game 7.

Pacers beat the Knicks 130-109. They reach the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 2014.

“I just told our team, when you win a Game 7 in Madison Square Garden, you’ve made history” - Rick Carlisle

6) Was that as good for you as it was for me? Everything a Game 7 should be... an ugly rock fight. Just didn’t expect the largest Game 7 comeback in NBA history. Comeback, collapse, choke job... whatever you wanna call it.

Nuggets started the second half on a 5-0 run to go up by 20. Wolves closed out the third on a 28-9 run. The rest is history. Everything went wrong for Denver and everything went right for Minny. When Rudy Gobert is making 15-foot fadeaways to beat the shot clock, all you can do is tip your cap. God, this Wolves defense is special. Nuggets were held under 100 in all four losses.

“Season’s over. Fuck being up 20.” - Michael Malone on the blown lead

7) What’s the opposite of a legacy game? Whatever it is, Anthony Edwards (16 points, 32.3 TS%) was on his way there. Had 4 points at halftime on 1-7 shooting. The “anyone but Ant” defense was working to perfection. The doubles came every time the ball hit the floor. Then it became a mind game within himself. He got so incredibly passive and missed a lot of open shots. Shoutout to Christian Braun by the way. He was getting into him.

Then things changed. The aggression picked up. Had an 18.2% USG in the first half. It jumped to 34.0% in the second. That 3 to end the third quarter was so massive. Anyway, the narrative went away and now we’ll never speak of how awful that first half was again.

“I have not been to Minnesota in probably 20 years.” - Charles Barkley

“Bring ya ass!” - Ant

8) Speaking of narratives going away... GAME 7 KAT IS HERE! Goddamn, that was impressive. Big fella came through in the biggest game of his life. You’re not gonna get the full picture looking at the box score. They woulda had to come back from much more than 20 without him. The Wolves' offense was non-existent for about 30 minutes. It was all KAT (23 points, 12 rebounds) and Jaden McDaniels (23 points). God, I can’t believe I just typed that.

FIRST HALF
KAT/JADEN: 23 PTS, 9-13 FG
REST OF TEAM: 15 PTS, 3-25 FG

See what I mean? Then you bring up the defense on Jokic. God, I know we’ve already brought it up in the past but the work he was putting in to keep Jokic out of the paint was so impressive. Still can’t keep himself out of foul trouble but hey, not gonna rain on his parade.

“I think you see how at peace and happy he is.” - Chris Finch on KAT

“For me being here [for] 9 years, I’ve seen everything and seen it all.” - KAT

“Man, f*ck them 9 years.” - Ant

“Man, f*ck ‘em’ right. - KAT

9) Michael Malone told us yesterday that Jamal Murray (35 points, 59.9 TS%) looked “very hungry” in practice. Now we know what he was saving his appetite for. Jamal was cooking himself up a meal. Scored more points in the first half (24) than he has in any game this series. He was attacking the rim at will. Then the Wolves’ second-half defense kicked in. Lemme peep something real fast... yup. Wolves had a 120.5 DRTG in the first half and an 84.1 DRTG in the second. Night and f*cking day.

Up next for Jamal is representing Team Canada in the Olympics.

“It’s back to being the hunter. It’s back to fighting for something with a different type of edge.” - Jamal Murray

10) Once I saw Jokic (34 points, 19 rebounds) come out for the second quarter after playing the entire first, it hit me... Game 7. Ant did too btw. We already talked up KAT’s defense on him. Minny’s scheme was obvious... keep Jokic out of the paint and let him take as many 3's as he wanted. Counting today, the Nuggets are 1-6 when he attempts at least 10 3's. It’s obviously easier said than done but the Wolves have the players to do it. Joker shot 22.9% from 3 in the Conference Semifinals on 5.0 attempts per game. I’d say that’s probably gonna eat at him all night but I’m sure he’s already thinking about his horses.

“I think they’re built to beat us…” - Jokic on the budding rivalry

Wolves beat the Nuggets 98-90 and advance to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in 20 years.

And then there were four.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I see that you don't understand and rather than shit on your with a bunch of insults, because I can see where this conversation is headed.

Warriors vs Celtics was a series where none of the teams were severely impacted with injuries.

:cheers::beer:

Warriors faced Nuggets without Murray and MPJ, Memphis without their best player, and a weak Dallas Mavs to get there.

Celtics faced a Bucks team without their 2nd best player and an injured Heat team in the ECF.

And yes there are people who consider the 2022 Dubs championship a fluke like all the others since 2016. Team championships just don't hold the importance they once did for individual players. This year's Finals MVP won't be the face of the league next year, for example.

Casual fans debate "rings", basketball fans talk strategy and analytics. We know most of you dumbasses are casuals cuz you never go past Michael Jordan's lazy ring narratives.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Deflection. You was so hurt that white boy lost last night you didn't even post fam. I knew you was taking it hard. White boys run as the games so called best player ended rather quickly. :lol:

You can jack off to Black pussy all you want Jondoe, but at the end of the day you gon be Team White Supremacy in this sports shit. We make money selling you these great white hypes cuz you're super predictable. :yes:

Good luck to your boy Luka this round.
I don't give a damn if Joker lost
There's only one nugget on here
Anyone but Boston

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Please don't do the did you watch the games stuff
Please lol

I didn't give anyone credit I'm not vested in the success or failure of the nuggets so me making sure that Murray got credit or joker didn't get credit about those things would be obsessive behavior I can only obsesses over the warriors

Now I'm just commenting on what I saw and calling that into question. It looked funny in the moment but not enough to windmill in here against the tide

But now we're recapping cause their season over it is with noting
I’m not saying you didn’t watch I’m just asking…..anybody who watched will tell you Jokic was great but Murray went beast mode and hit some key shots and been doing it since the bubble. I don’t get this either or…Jokic and Murray both can’t be great?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Warriors faced Nuggets without Murray and MPJ, Memphis without their best player, and a weak Dallas Mavs to get there.

Celtics faced a Bucks team without their 2nd best player and an injured Heat team in the ECF.

And yes there are people who consider the 2022 Dubs championship a fluke like all the others since 2016. Team championships just don't hold the importance they once did for individual players. This year's Finals MVP won't be the face of the league next year, for example.

Casual fans debate "rings", basketball fans talk strategy and analytics. We know most of you dumbasses are casuals cuz you never go past Michael Jordan's lazy ring narratives.

You know that I have you on ignore right? :lol: And your last sentence is one reason why.

Unfortunately every now I then I click show ignored messages and...

Thank you for your knowledge and input on the Warriors 2022 run because I totally forgot about their path to the Finals.

When any team has a cakewalk to a championship it kinda makes many feel

larry-david-unsure.gif

You almost had a complete rational post but then the MJ shit. :(

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Naw I was saying that pics of those dudes gonna make people mad who think the league revolve around Lebron and Steph.

Nobody thinks the league revolves around LeBron and Steph. Everyone knows LeBron is bigger than an NBA Playoffs he ain't in. He's had stories every week, still gets engagement on this thread, and has more followers than the official league account. The days of you guys lying and pretending these other lil niggas get burn is over. Nobody cares about the Mavs upcoming series. Nobody is in here even talking about it. The draft and free agency are more important. A few losers on social media lying just don't push the needle no more CAC.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I’m not saying you didn’t watch I’m just asking…..anybody who watched will tell you Jokic was great but Murray went beast mode and hit some key shots and been doing it since the bubble. I don’t get this either or…Jokic and Murray both can’t be great?
I aint making the rules fam we're aligned but that isn't the sentiment

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know that I have you on ignore right? :lol: And your last sentence is one reason why.

Unfortunately every now I then I click show ignored messages and...

Thank you for your knowledge and input on the Warriors 2022 run because I totally forgot about their path to the Finals.

When any team has a cakewalk to a championship it kinda makes many feel

larry-david-unsure.gif

You almost had a complete rational post but then the MJ shit. :(
He’s the most retarded muthafucka to ever grace these forums….he been talking shit for 48 hours taking about no one watching but he is lol.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He’s the most retarded muthafucka to ever grace these forums….he been talking shit for 48 hours taking about no one watching but he is lol.

I didn't watch the games, I read the box score like the rest of the world. You're the only person in here who thinks PJ Washington gets more attention now when he pulls up outside than Bron cuz his team made a conference Final. :lol:

Nobody is even talking bout the matchups they posting bout the past cuz these small markets are boring and forgetful. :yawn:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I’m out the loop so the argument is dudes not giving Murray his due? Or Jokic getting to much? I get he sloppy, ugly and out of shape but I can’t cap I never seen someone with this lack of athleticism and slow feet dominate like he does.
Both arguments but cherry picked based on outcomes

Cause again the echelon he's on he doesn't get to skate regardless of the numbers he put up. The best of the best never could before him

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

So that means LeBron will be getting the most engagement again. "Fans" like dtownsfinestwigger and REDLINE suck at promoting the league and drawing engagement to players not named LeBron James. Their wheelhouse is strictly trolling and narratives. It's why they can't control the convo in here. :yes: