{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Journalist use unnamed sources all the time

and all he was saying is that Isiah has his number and he could have called or text him to discuss it.

and Jaylen comes off like Kyrie :dunno: He does shit like wear Nike's but cover up the swoosh as some sort of protest only he knows.
'
My point was that he uses that crutch all the time, this new standard where criticism is supposed to be pre-screened, even in response to something he said on air.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

NBA GM Survey: 2017-18 edition​

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota – 29%
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 21%
3. LeBron James, Cleveland – 18%
4. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio – 14%
5. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 11%
Also receiving votes: Stephen Curry, Golden State; Anthony Davis, New Orleans

Last year: Karl-Anthony Towns – 48%

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

NBA GM Survey: 2017-18 edition​

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota – 29%
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 21%
3. LeBron James, Cleveland – 18%
4. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio – 14%
5. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 11%
Also receiving votes: Stephen Curry, Golden State; Anthony Davis, New Orleans

Last year: Karl-Anthony Towns – 48%

I hope all of those GM's who picked Big Pussy no longer have jobs

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

What about this headline is not true? Kyrie is playing like he always has the only difference is he is playing with Luka, and when he signed with Mavs they told him no one ask for his astrological advice so keep that shit to himself.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What about this headline is not true? Kyrie is playing like he always has the only difference is he is playing with Luka, and when he signed with Mavs they told him no one ask for his astrological advice so keep that shit to himself.
They traded Kyrie for Dinwiddie and Finney Smith…..fools…..they said Kyrie and his antics wouldn’t make it a season and they was wrong….

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How true is this, he turned down Mavs and went to the Wizards? :hmm:
It’s true it was at the trade deadline…Mavs tried to trade for Kuzma and he declined wanting to go to the Mavs so Mavs pivoted and traded for Gafford and PJ. Kuzma wants to be the best player on a trash team.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

You’re asking what part of the headline that Kyrie is Dallas’s headache now is not true?

:rolleyes:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

It was in the "weak East" so it wasn't that impressive. BGOL at that time considered Rockets James Harden beating the Pelicans in the first round more spectacular. :lol:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from tonight in the NBA:

1) “Y’all going to see tonight … It’s going to be a lot of shots.” - Anthony Edwards earlier this morning

He wasn't lying. Said he was gonna go back to having fun and stop overthinking. Unlike previous games, a lot of it felt organic. Every drive felt right. Having said all that, the only thing I'll be thinking about was that dunk over Gafford in the middle of the third. Please keep having fun, Ant (26 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists).

"I've been through the worst, so the sky is never falling for me." - Anthony Edwards

2) “It’s been pretty simple. Ant, you got to speed it up. KAT, you got to slow it down.” - Chris Finch on his message to the team before Game 3

Here's the problem. Ant and KAT needed to act like superstars and they didn't. They combined for 4 points in the fourth. Luka and Kyrie combined for 21. The KAT stock has plummeted since the semifinals. He's shooting 13.6% from 3 and 37.5% from 2 in this series. Disgusting.

“If anyone can win four straight in this scenario, I think it’s us.” - Naz Reid

“I be putting up 1,500 shots a day. Shot so well all playoffs … It’s tough.” - KAT

3) Luka Doncic (33 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds) is still being listed as questionable with knee soreness for some reason. Jason Kidd played it up before tipoff saying they'd see how he felt. Everybody knows that he ain't missing games anymore. Guy played 41 minutes for f*ck sake.

Minnesota blitzed and doubled but that only made things easier on him. I'm really enjoying how he's manipulating this Wolves' defense with his eyes. He was the best quarterback in the building despite Mahomes sitting courtside. He told Kai in the second half that he was "tired as sh*t". Irving responded with, "that's how it's supposed to be."

4) Seems like we're getting a bummer per game during these playoffs. It was Dereck Lively II (6 points) tonight. He was on his way to having another killer performance before getting decked in the head inadvertently by KAT's knee. Had to get helped to the locker room all wobbly and sh*t. Thought it was a concussion (still could be) but they later ruled him out with a neck strain.

“We’ll see how he feels tomorrow.” - Jason Kidd on Dereck Lively II

5) Lively II's injury is why you're seeing those Dwight Powell minutes (7:40) in the box score. Don't think Dallas ever intended for him to play in the Western Conference Finals but here we are. These are the moments that really make you appreciate Dereck Lively II, not all that +/- stuff.

6) Touched on it already when sh*tting on KAT but Kyrie Irving is here! Scored the first seven points of the fourth quarter and that's when it hits you ... Dallas has two of these dudes. He finished with 14 in the fourth on 79.9 TS%. It makes things so much easier when the superstar knows the situation…

“That's why they call him, some people, Mr. 4th quarter, right? ... He's born for this situation. He [was] born for clutch situations. So we just give the ball to him.” - Luka Doncic on Kyrie in the fourth quarter

7) When you have KAT struggling, you need somebody to step up and that's been Mike Conley (16 points, 4 assists, 72.7 TS%). Feels like he's been the main source of Minnesota's offense as sad as that sounds. The problem is, he picked up three fouls in the first four minutes of the second half.

"Honestly, a lot of my fouls were fouls, I thought. But it's about consistency on both ends. That's all we ask for at the end of the day." - Mike Conley

8) Gonna take this moment to bring up this being a SloMo series for the 10th time this week. Finch even said afterward that he probably should have played Kyle Anderson (10 points, 17 minutes) more. I mean, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out that KAT's killing you so…

“At some point, Chris Finch has got to make an adjustment … We can’t worry about KAT or Rudy Gobert’s feelings. They need Naz Reid out there and they need Kyle Anderson out there.” - Draymond Green

9) No way I can leave here without bringing up Nickeil Alexander-Walker (3 points) shooting a 3-pointer left-handed. Before you ask, he's a righty. The shot clock was winding down, DJJ was closing in, and ... had to do a double take but yup. Instantly thought back to Anthony Edwards taking left-handed 3's for the f*ck of it but even he'd never attempt one in the WCF.

Mavs beat the Timberwolves 116-107. Kyrie vs. Boston, huh? ABSOLUTE CINEMA.

10) Celtics ruled out Kristaps Porzingis tomorrow with the calf strain. Makes total sense with the long break they're about to have before the Finals start. Jrue Holiday and Tyrese Haliburton are both listed as questionable again.

Oh man, just saw the Acuña news ... GG's.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
One of the more forgetful NBA playoffs in history. No ratings posted and none of the players trends the next day after a game. :smh:

If this ends like I think it will, people are gonna forget all this by July. :ssshhh: