{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, PJ Washington only played the Celtics once as a Mav this season and that was three weeks after joining the team. Same with Gafford and he only played for 6 minutes in that game.

The Mavs have averaged 108 points this post season. Their strategy is death by a thousand cuts. Luka, Kyrie, and PJ get their usual points and everyone else gets 4-10 points when they have the opportunity.

Having to deal with Lively and Gafford will be a challenge for Boston.
Got you!
But if the Mavs average 108 and the Celtics average 122(fun fact that is
exactly the margin of victory for the Celtics all this year Celtics #1 NBA net rating)

How can the Mavs keep up. That was the problem they had in both games( they don't score enough to compete).

Gafford and Lively are not a factor like the Wolves because celtics bigs shot 3's and that will force both of them to be at the 3-point line( not in the paint like the wolves). That will give the Celtics wings and guards a highway to the basket.

This is going to be fun series...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn . he was supposed to be somebody. so much talent but them legs...once they are gone they gone

Dude had a flashback of his entire career in that question.
That out of the league feels is crazy. :smh: :smh: :smh:

yes Giannis; this is what you call failure.

That is why all those players go Broke and on drugs after the game has passed them up.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He got that fire in his belly, he's gonna be more of a terror next year......lol.

Ant ain't no joke, he bout to show the NBA his smoke.

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
and I'm like....is KD top five all time then :dunno:
No. And no one is saying he is.

Keep going brother. Do not let the haters distract you. The truth has no friends.
Wow, Monica McNutt ETHERED Stephen A Smith here! Dude was in his feelings because he couldn't take the valid incontestable criticism.

:beatyourass: <- Monica is the one on the right

Shes wrong actually. And the fact that these women are showing more grace and gratitude to the current spotlight being given that trash league is offensive in itself. SAS didnt talk about it 3 years ago is because his entire audience would have changed the fucking channel.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Shes wrong actually. And the fact that these women are showing more grace and gratitude to the current spotlight being given that trash league is offensive in itself. SAS didnt talk about it 3 years ago is because his entire audience would have changed the fucking channel.

SAS should have the balls to say that rather than pretending he was the Rosa Parks of basketball coverage-- He was full of shit and she correctly and expertly called him out.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
SAS should have the balls to say that rather than pretending he was the Rosa Parks of basketball coverage-- He was full of shit and she correctly and expertly called him out.
Nah man.. You're wrong here. The ONLY reason McNutt and the other masculine liteskin chick have prominent and full time spots on First Take is because of SAS. Blaming him for not showcasing a dead product that would isolate and alienate his entire demo and audience is unreasonable and flat out bad business. Not acknowledging what hes done recently for the promotion of the sport and brand is tacky and unappreciative on her part. Nobody highlights and platforms and celebrates McNutt like SAS does. The response reeks of entitlement and a complete lack of awareness on her part.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Nah man.. You're wrong here. The ONLY reason McNutt and the other masculine liteskin chick have prominent and full time spots on First Take is because of SAS. Blaming him for not showcasing a dead product that would isolate and alienate his entire demo and audience is unreasonable and flat out bad business. Not acknowledging what hes done recently for the promotion of the sport and brand is tacky and unappreciative on her part. Nobody highlights and platforms and celebrates McNutt like SAS does. The response reeks of entitlement and a complete lack of awareness on her part.

"Who talks about the WNBA, who talks about women, who talks about women's sports more than First Take?"

Has nothing to do with putting her on individually. You seem to acknowledge but make excuses for him not covering the WNBA-- He wants effusive praise for his trailblazing coverage!

Also, SAS sounding like a 90 year old white man "Now we gotta sit around here and watch every syllable, I resent that" is further proof of the truth of Jemele Hill's "black men are the white people of black people" statement. Dudes can't take the slightest criticism or even the idea that you might need to adapt a little bit to open up space for someone else who wasn't allowed to have it previously. Smith & Sharpe sounded like Rush & Hannity.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"Who talks about the WNBA, who talks about women, who talks about women's sports more than First Take?"

Has nothing to do with putting her on individually. You seem to acknowledge but make excuses for him not covering the WNBA-- He wants effusive praise for his trailblazing coverage!
It has everything to do with elevating women in general. And those women can then use their platform to effectuate whatever change in coverage they see fit.. or atleast attempt to. And he needs no "excuses" for not covering a dead sport thats being subsidized by big brother. He would need an "excuse" to actually cover that shit on a regular basis.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
"Now we gotta sit around here and watch every syllable, I resent that" is further proof of the truth of Jemele Hill's "black men are the white people of black people" statement.
And this quote is further proof that you are the Richard Simmons of BGOL sports talk.

Your half fag outraged drama queen bullshit is exhausting.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
It has everything to do with elevating women in general.

The conversation you are trying to have is not related to the clip that was posted...

And he needs no "excuses" for not covering a dead sport thats being subsidized by big brother. He would need an "excuse" to actually cover that shit on a regular basis.

So you acknowledge that he didn't cover the league. All that other shit is red herrings.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Max Kellerman is trending.

These peeps fuckin wild.

None of us gave a fuck about the WNBA 3 years ago. Personally I still don't.

But they didn't give a fuck either. Otherwise they would have been in the arena, on social media, watching the games on TV... But they didn't.

First Take never talks about hockey. Ever. Any random cac can go on First Take and tell SAS he could have been talking about them. The point is why would he when that's not what's fans wanna hear about?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
These peeps fuckin wild.

None of us gave a fuck about the WNBA 3 years ago. Personally I still don't.

But they didn't give a fuck either. Otherwise they would have been in the arena, on social media, watching the games on TV... But they didn't.

First Take never talks about hockey. Ever. Any random cac can go on First Take and tell SAS he could have been talking about them. The point is why would he when that's not what's fans wanna hear about?

The point is why is he lying like he was? Y'all are defending a man who doesn't want to own the defense you are laying down. Perpetrating like he's been Sojourner A Smith this whole time.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
The point is why is he lying like he was? Y'all are defending a man who doesn't want to own the defense you are laying down. Perpetrating like he's been Sojourner A Smith this whole time.
He is right at the moment, because I can't name a single national sports show that has more chicks come on and talk men's sports & women's ball.

I don't care about SAS. I don't watch First Take every day. But I can't actually name another guy who puts more women on his show. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but he's up there for sure.

For a chick to tell him " you could have been doing this years ago..." is just a low blow.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He is right at the moment, because I can't name a single national sports show that has more chicks come on and talk men's sports & women's ball.

I don't care about SAS. I don't watch First Take every day. But I can't actually name another guy who puts more women on his show. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but he's up there for sure.

For a chick to tell him " you could have been doing this years ago..." is just a low blow.

Giving female broadcasters an opportunity to succeed IS NOT THE SAME THING AS TALKING ABOUT WOMEN'S SPORTS.

He deserves credit for that! But it is not a pass with regard to the very different conversation we are having here.

And, to be clear, I don't watch his bullshit show either so I'm not personally qualified to say what he talks about other than LeBron every day.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Can you elaborate and not just hate :confused:
Gees be serious.....give a reason

My real prediction. You'll have something to celebrate in a few weeks just like I did last year(see how I threw that in there for no reason:cool::lol:)

Boston in 6.

I don't have a high level analysis but I do know that Boston plays DEFENSE and can actually score. Porzingis will be a crazy addition and probably the X factor. Plus the home court advantage.