{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Giving female broadcasters an opportunity to succeed IS NOT THE SAME THING AS TALKING ABOUT WOMEN'S SPORTS.

He deserves credit for that! But it is not a pass with regard to the very different conversation we are having here.

And, to be clear, I don't watch his bullshit show either so I'm not personally qualified to say what he talks about other than LeBron every day.
I know it's not the same thing, but hear me out here...

These female broadcasters are often former WNBA players and/or WNBA reporters.

Having them on his show as much as he does automatically gives more of a spotlight to the WNBA.

My point is that SAS has done his part to support that league and it's figures. Attacking him shows only a level of entitlement that hasn't been earned.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I know it's not the same thing, but hear me out here...

These female broadcasters are often former WNBA players and/or WNBA reporters.

Having them on his show as much as he does automatically gives more of a spotlight to the WNBA.

My point is that SAS has done his part to support that league and it's figures. Attacking him shows only a level of entitlement that hasn't been earned.

Imagine Shannon Sharpe criticizes Skip Bayless for a bad racial take.

Skip says "I put you on! Attacking me shows only a level of entitlement that hasn't been earned."

BGOL would not stand for it. Entitlement??? Black men are the white people of black people. Want black women staying in their places and grateful for crumbs. You would never say that about a black man and a white man but it's somehow acceptable with a black woman and a black man.

Having female broadcasters on to discuss male sports does not shine much of a light at all on women's sports. It's a good thing to give women broadcasting opportunities but nobody checks for women's sports based on any commentator-- male or female-- talking about men's sports. It is wild to call a woman entitled for criticizing benevolent Massa Smith because he has exercised his power to give some opportunities to women, as if that isn't evidence in and of itself of a fucked up hierarchy.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow, Monica McNutt ETHERED Stephen A Smith here! Dude was in his feelings because he couldn't take the valid incontestable criticism.

:beatyourass: <- Monica is the one on the right

Wholly disrespectful on McNutts part. Wholly. And since you're keen on vivid analogies YP, ........This is akin to a man of means at a stoplight giving a starving bum a sandwich and $20 bill and the bum saying... "Bout time. You drive by me everyday!".

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Skip says "I put you on! Attacking me shows only a level of entitlement that hasn't been earned."
Another horrible analogy. Shannon Sharpe had a following, reputation, and proven resume well before he met Skip. Was also a hall of fame player. Monica McNutt was a literal nobody before First Take prominence and the WNBA as a product was a money bleeding laughing stock that women hardly supported.. let alone general public of male sports fans.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kyrie whoring himself out to Kobetards. :lol:

"Even if you didnt talk everyday" :lol:

Tobe Bean isolated and insulated himself from all these groupie ass niggas. The only NBA cats he fucked with were white Rob and Pau. He didnt fuck wit any these niggas.. Yet they are intent to attach themselves to him at any cost. Shaq big dumb ass is even making podcast rounds rewriting history saying they were close friends and that they never had beef. :lol:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Wholly disrespectful on McNutts part. Wholly. And since you're keen on vivid analogies YP, ........This is akin to a man of means at a stoplight giving a starving bum a sandwich and $20 bill and the bum saying... "Bout time. You drive by me everyday!".

Well, you obviously have a very low opinion of Monica McNutt. McNoted but I think you're in the minority with where your analogy places her.

Another horrible analogy. Shannon Sharpe had a following, reputation, and proven resume well before he met Skip. Was also a hall of fame player.

Your particulars are unimportant to the analogy but we can make it a young SAS instead of Sharpe if that better suits you.

The point is that being established and giving a younger talented person a job does not inoculate you from racial or gender criticism.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

BGOL would not stand for it. Entitlement??? Black men are the white people of black people. Want black women staying in their places and grateful for crumbs. You would never say that about a black man and a white man but it's somehow acceptable with a black woman and a black man.

Having female broadcasters on to discuss male sports does not shine much of a light at all on women's sports. It's a good thing to give women broadcasting opportunities but nobody checks for women's sports based on any commentator-- male or female-- talking about men's sports. It is wild to call a woman entitled for criticizing benevolent Massa Smith because he has exercised his power to give some opportunities to women, as if that isn't evidence in and of itself of a fucked up hierarchy.

Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

It's like you are the only one here who doesn't realize that First Take topics will mostly be based on ratings. It's not crumbs, it's not bias, it's literally a business built on viewership. When's the last time First Take covered hockey, F1, NASCAR, Rugby, College Baseball... ? Why do YOU think that is?

The entitlement comes from Monica knowing full well why SAS didnt have WNBA coverage 3 years ago, but decided to use it as a personal attack instead.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Well, you obviously have a very low opinion of Monica McNutt. McNoted but I think you're in the minority with where your analogy places her.

Your particulars are unimportant to the analogy but we can make it a young SAS instead of Sharpe if that better suits you.

The point is that being established and giving a younger talented person a job does not inoculate you from racial or gender criticism.
You still didn't get it.

In his analogy, the homeless bum isn't McNutt, it's the WNBA.

And just to be clear, the 20$ in the analogy is First Take media coverage.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Your analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

It's like you are the only one here who doesn't realize that First Take topics will mostly be based on ratings. It's not crumbs, it's not bias, it's literally a business built on viewership. When's the last time First Take covered hockey, F1, NASCAR, Rugby, College Baseball... ? Why do YOU think that is?

No, you aren't understanding the position I already stated.

I understand what First Take is. I never criticized SAS for not covering the WNBA in the past.

This is the meat of my criticism: "The point is why is he lying like he was? Y'all are defending a man who doesn't want to own the defense you are laying down. Perpetrating like he's been Sojourner A Smith this whole time."

SAS doesn't have the balls to say what you said. Instead, he is gaslighting like he is some pioneer who has consistently covered women's sports. I'm calling out the bullshit.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Young SAS would be a better comp but even he had a history of success including his very own show on ESPN which was well before your time as sports enthusiast (2005ish). And correct in that giving opportunity doesnt inoculate one from criticism but it should earn one benefit of doubt and a level of profession deference and self awareness... especially if your criticism is based in gender bias and this person gave you a job in efforts to address said gender bias and lack of representation. Monica was wrong man.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Wow, Monica McNutt ETHERED Stephen A Smith here! Dude was in his feelings because he couldn't take the valid incontestable criticism.

:beatyourass: <- Monica is the one on the right

99.9% of people didn't care about the WNBA 3 years ago. Him talking about it on his show wouldn't change that.

Even now that people are paying attention they still don't know shit. They can't tell you how many teams there are or what the playoff format is. They can't name a player outside of Brittney Griner and a handful of rookies without googling them.

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My real prediction. You'll have something to celebrate in a few weeks just like I did last year(see how I threw that in there for no reason:cool::lol:)

Boston in 6.

I don't have a high level analysis but I do know that Boston plays DEFENSE and can actually score. Porzingis will be a crazy addition and probably the X factor. Plus the home court advantage.

Thank you

That is all we need.

Just something short and sweet of what are the factors that you believe will cause one of the teams to win it all

:cheers:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
99.9% of people didn't care about the WNBA 3 years ago. Him talking about it on his show wouldn't change that.

Even now that people are paying attention they still don't know shit. They can't tell you how many teams there are or what the playoff format is. They can't name a player outside of Brittney Griner and a handful of rookies without googling them.
Guilty.

I still don't know shit about these chicks and that league. Even the big names. Who's the MVP?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Guilty.

I still don't know shit about these chicks and that league. Even the big names. Who's the MVP?
Stewie. Breanna Stewart.

I wish there was a real WNBA thread-- I think the "Caitlyn Clark is the Truth" thread being the de facto WNBA thread is a bad look.

I have a level of interest... I'm not sure I watched a non-Warriors regular season game so I won't be watching weekly by any means but what I have learned about the physicality of the game is attractive to me.

Young SAS would be a better comp but even he had a history of success including his very own show on ESPN which was well before your time as sports enthusiast (2005ish).

You're shortchanging me by nearly a decade... You know Patrick Ewing is on my personal Mt Rushmore & we've debated the merits of retiring Oakley and Starks's jerseys. That was my first triumvirate back when my current favorite trio was barely potty-trained... I've been watching since Kobe's second season.

The 90s >>>

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
f041048bcbda4626aa1d9b8284bf4c3d.jpg

@shaddyvillethug GiGi's soul is in there. Bron won that ring for her memory. :yes: When you say the bubble don't count or don't mean nothing, we all laugh offline, cuz what you really mean is, that little girl's life and existence don't count and it don't mean nothing. Now that's the real killer instinct!! :itsawrap:
Bianca Capri and Nat >>>> bronny Bryce princess

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
And this quote is further proof that you are the Richard Simmons of BGOL sports talk.

Your half fag outraged drama queen bullshit is exhausting.
Dude, that guy is the Anna Navarro of BGOL sports talk and continues to ooze out his femininity along with his obesity

He’s making a case for WNBA when nobody cared for them.

He makes Jason Whitlock look like Campbell brown before her marriage.

Everytime I read his posts, I don’t know if it’s Rosie Odonell show or the fucking view with Elton John as guest host.

Its tiring and extreme fatigue

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I'm glad you never age because it guarantees someone will remember me when I'm gone.

(Tagging Godofwine was hella extra...)
It was necessary

And I remember everything from all your names since 2002

I’m 35 and YOUR posts will never be forgotten.

You have a different era every 2 years and then a phase every 5.

Hey, u made the cheese inquiries. Not me.

Eat it.

Last edited:

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
I'm glad you never age because it guarantees someone will remember me when I'm gone.

(Tagging Godofwine was hella extra...)
Nobody will remember u when you’re gone.

I will personally report your thread and make sure it goes to the abyss.

You have over 500k posts over 5 names