Official Discussion: Loki on Disney+ June 11 2021 UPDATE: Season 2 - Oct. 6

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Get your ass outta here and go to the DC comics bullshit then....

Nope...Just going to check out TV shows that I can watch in one setting without falling asleep.
First two episodes were cool with me. Then Karen entered and sh*t got boring as f---k and EVERY single detail needs a YT video to explain it

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Vision is alive … sorta
At the end of the battle between Vision and White Vision, the “nice” Vision raised the concept of the ship of Theseus, asking if either of them could be called the true Vision before basically downloading the memories of Vision’s life into this largely empty shell. The White Vision flew off into the sky, but the truth is that there is a form of Vision out there, one who may not yet have the big heart of the Vision that Wanda loved, though it could be growing. When will we see this Vision 2.0 again?
When Marvel and Feige show up at Paul Bettany's front door going :money: :lol:

The X-Men are out there, possibly?
So, that technically wasn’t Evan Peters playing Quicksilver in Westview, but the casting decision still feels important. The fracturing of timelines at the end of Loki further suggests that characters from the X-Men universe could easily find their way into the MCU. Could we even see Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine in an MCU movie? Jackman is hinting at exactly that.
Jerry Seinfeld will call Hugh up and say"You a DAMN fool!!!" if that happens :roflmao2:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I thought I saw them all but I might have missed last week. When white people start explaining sh*t I lose track
As long as there's action, I can f**k with it. Like Falcon and WS. Let me add that I am NOT into comic books since the 1970s
Well I'm actually rewatching episode 4 now ten minutes in and the lokis have been sitting on a rock the entire time talking so you probably zoned out lol. But it explains alot of shit if you make it to about 12 minutes in shit picks up.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope...Just going to check out TV shows that I can watch in one setting without falling asleep.
First two episodes were cool with me. Then Karen entered and sh*t got boring as f---k and EVERY single detail needs a YT video to explain it
Well I'm actually rewatching episode 4 now ten minutes in and the lokis have been sitting on a rock the entire time talking so you probably zoned out lol. But it explains alot of shit if you make it to about 12 minutes in shit picks up.

Marvel Studios builds multiple storylines that usually leads to one theme or an overall theme; and they are using Disney plus for the new phases and beyond; and its a beautiful thing; and if one cant comprehend and accept that; then get your ass outta here; Wanda, Falcon, and Loki have been excellent for story building; the acting has been great also; some might think there have been lull spots but everything isnt about intense action or dramatic climaxes and shit; some things have to be slowly built to appreciate them more; go back and watch the 1st captain america and thor and iron man; shit is that much more better now because of the building process. Marvel Studios know what they are doing; IN MARVEL STUDIOS WE TRUST!!!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

Man you nailed it. That's exactly where I lost focus. Their love story BS
Sh*t exploding all around them, I was actually praying some hot rock would shoot their way and end the conversation :lol:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
he-who-remains-2-1626318543900.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold up.......there were mid credits scenes for this series..... look I saw the ones for Wanda and Falcon......but I skipped every 30 or 45 seconds of the credits and didn't see shit.....now I gotta go back.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Loki director Kate Herron reveals how Tom Hiddleston helped shape that finale kiss

By Chancellor Agard
July 19, 2021 at 01:30 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:29
03:52

Loki (TV Series)
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
  • Disney+
GENRE
A pivotal moment in Loki's season 1 finale was being tweaked and rewritten up until the last minute.
In the Disney+ drama's revelatory ending, Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Sylvie (Sophia Di Martino) came to blows once again. This time around, it was because Sylvie was determined to kill He Who Remains (Jonathan Majors), but Loki was desperately urging her to reconsider because doing so could cause the Sacred Timeline to branch and herald the return of the enigmatic figure's less benevolent variants ("a bazillion boogeymen") and, more importantly, wouldn't heal the pain in her heart.
"The cost of getting this wrong is too great," Loki pleaded with the enchantress. "I've been where you are. I've felt what you feel. Don't ask me how I know. All I know is I don't want to hurt you. I don't want a throne. I just want you to be okay."
According to director Kate Herron, crafting this surprisingly heartfelt speech was one of the trickiest moments to nail in the finale.

Enter your email to sign up for our daily newsletters.
close dialog

Want more entertainment news?
Stay up to date with EW's free daily newsletter, featuring exclusive first looks, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.

ENTERTAIN ME
"Me, the [finale] writer Eric [Martin], Tom, and Sophia, we were working on that speech that Loki says to her right up until the day before shooting, because we just wanted to get it right," Herron told EW last Friday. "I think those words — and this came from Tom, 'I just want you to be okay' — were so key because there's pain in that, right? Because he's evolved in ways and he's moved beyond his pain and anger, and he doesn't want that for her. You don't want that for someone you care about. But, she's just not quite on that path yet and she does still have that."
Sophia Di Martino and Tom Hiddleston in 'Loki'

| CREDIT: MARVEL STUDIOS
Loki's sweet declaration led to a long-awaited kiss between the two variants; however, they didn't live happily ever after because Sylvie was committed to her mission. After the kiss, Sylvie opened a time portal and pushed Loki through it so she could kill He Who Remains.

"I think for me the kiss was really beautiful because I don't think it was a deception, and I don't think it was a trick necessarily," said Herron. "I think for her, it was almost a goodbye. I think she does care about him, but it's just her feelings toward having to complete the mission overtook because she's not emotionally in the same place he was. I always think of Sylvie in this episode almost like how Loki was in Thor. She has all this anger and pain, and she isn't necessarily going to make the best decision with it."
Where do Loki and Sylvie go from here? Well, viewers will find that out whenever Loki returns for its second season — because it is the first Marvel-Disney+ series to get renewed. (WandaVision was designed as a limited series, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier's future is a bit murkier since a fourth Captain America movie is in development.) According to Herron, a season 2 was always in the cards for Loki.
"When I started, we'd always thought about it as its own story, basically, that it was these six episodes," said she said. "Marvel wanted to approach it like a giant movie, so we were always thinking about it like a giant film, but obviously with the second hand of it being episodic and wanting to keep the conversation going across the six weeks. But season 2 came out as we were working on it, and it was just coming out of the fact that Marvel was very excited about the story and Loki, and we'd done a lot of groundwork here but there's always so much more road to travel with him."
Unfortunately, Herron will not be involved in the show's season 2. "I'm only on for season 1, and it's honestly just because I'm so proud of the story we told," she said. "I'd always planned just to come on for [one season], because when we started, this was what we were doing with the story and I'm so grateful to Marvel. It has changed my life and I love the character, but I definitely will be enjoying the second season as a fan, and I look forward to seeing what another director does with it."