Official Discussion: Loki on Disney+ June 11 2021 UPDATE: Season 2 - Oct. 6

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just watched. I felt let down. I attribute that to not being familiar with the comics. I was hoping for some resolution.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The portals do not send people to different universes. Sylvie opened the portal and sent Loki to another timeline. The TVA deals with timelines. Not universes.

Don’t add extra shit to get yourself confused.

Different universes stacked on top of each other is a different thing.

The ancient one spoke to Bruce about their timeline not multiple universes. The Avengers traveled in time not between universes.

Kang literally explains it right here.....

Different Kangs from Different Universes .... "Each Variant Fighting to preserve their own Universe"

That was a different Kang from another Universe that was the Statute in the TVA..

The Ancient One also explained all this to Bruce in Endgame when she was talking about Realities and the time stone ... How removing one Stone creates new realities IE new universes....

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marvel is messing themselves up with this multiverse and timeline thing. They are not even following their own “story Bible”.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Jonathan saved this show. I know this series was meant to bring in the various universes, but this shit was a snooze fest. maybe i am just tired of hearing white people talk, but my god, i couldn't wait for this to end. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it set up a lot of shit for the future, but goodness....i haven't felt this bored since Iron Fist. i've never been a fan of Loki, i think his character should ave been killed off a while back, they have flip flopped him so much, while every other villain gets killed off.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
The portals do not send people to different universes. Sylvie opened the portal and sent Loki to another timeline. The TVA deals with timelines. Not universes.

The ancient one spoke to Bruce about their timeline not multiple universes. (Different Realities are DIFFERENT UNIVERSES) She says that removing the Time Stone from her realties creates a branch in reality.... The Avengers traveled in time not between universes.

I posted video of Kang literally explaining what is going on...

He is the one that created the TVA.... He explained the entire reason why he created the TVA.

I'm not adding shit..

Hell Sylvie used Kang's on damn devise ...

Branching realities follows classic Parallel universe theory... in marvel land.. Each change in the timeline creates it's own reality

Bruce explains it right here.....

The Marvel Universe is not following the classic Scifi thrope of changes in the past creating a new timeline where the Traveler makes a change to his past and then comes back to his same timeline (Universe) to experience how the changes messed with his reality (Back to the Future, Star Trek)

In this Universe they are following the many-worlds interpretation.. Meaning Each timeline is the creation of a New Universe and that's why the TVA was created. To keep All the realities to one path and eliminated changes that could lead to a Reality that was not planned.

If the TVA were only dealing with One branching timeline .... then How would we have an Alligator loki, a Black Loki, a Female Loki, and a Frog Thor. All Loki's would Look the same.... no matter what you did in the past. Each Loki could have different personalities based on changes to their past, but they would still be the same person beyond just Genetics.. Yes the TVA does deal with Branching timelines, but its universal.

Here is the Break down of why Kang created the TVA

"Eons ago, before the creation of the TVA, He Who Remains lived in the 31st century on Earth, where he discovered that there were other universes stacked on top of his own. At the same time, other versions of himself were learning the same thing, leading them to meet one another. The Variants shared knowledge and technologies from their respective universes, but one Variant of himself saw the new worlds as a land to conquer, leading to the Multiversal War. The Variants battled each other to defend their universe while attempting to conquer the other. He Who Remains later met a creature that was created from all the tears in reality with the ability to consume time and space. He weaponized the creature's power to put an end on the Multiversal War before isolating the timeline and created the Time Variance Authority to prevent any branch timeline from growing.

The TVA explains that Nexus events lead to a Multiversal war ...... This is from the Show..

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOKI Episode 6 Finale Breakdown & Ending Explained!
Avengers Secret Wars & Big Bad Phase 4 Revealed!
********* Fellas Don't Sleep On This Breakdown *********

I agree with the video. But in order for the Secret Wars storyline to take place the Beyonder (SW1) and/or the Beyonders (SW2) must be introduced. Maybe in Antman or The Eternals they will be introduced either in person or by name being mentioned.

Remember Age of Ultron set up the current MCU with characters and by mentioning names. Most likely one of the phase 4 movies will be like Age of Ultron in setting up the future. I believe Loki (show) already did and one of the movies will do that.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kinda Loki related...I been thinking.....theres alot of animals in the MCU

Alligator Loki
Howard the Duck
Rocket Raccoon
Cosmo the Dog
Throg*

Wit all this multiverse shit happening I think we're gonna see Spider Ham in live action

I know, stupid right..

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again. You are not listening. I am not arguing that something is wrong per se. I am pointing out something people need to be aware of.

Those are two different things.

Marvel is fucking up.

You don’t create a different universe with time travel.

You create different time line in your same universe with the differences happening after divergent event.

I am being as clear as I can.

I posted video of Kang literally explaining what is going on...

He is the one that created the TVA.... He explained the entire reason why he created the TVA.

I'm not adding shit..

Hell Sylvie used Kang's on damn devise ...

Branching realities follows classic Parallel universe theory... in marvel land.. Each change in the timeline creates it's own reality

Bruce explains it right here.....

The Marvel Universe is not following the classic Scifi thrope of changes in the past creating a new timeline where the Traveler makes a change to his past and then comes back to his same timeline (Universe) to experience how the changes messed with his reality (Back to the Future, Star Trek)

In this Universe they are following the many-worlds interpretation.. Meaning Each timeline is the creation of a New Universe and that's why the TVA was created. To keep All the realities to one path and eliminated changes that could lead to a Reality that was not planned.

If the TVA were only dealing with One branching timeline .... then How would we have an Alligator loki, a Black Loki, a Female Loki, and a Frog Thor. All Loki's would Look the same.... no matter what you did in the past. Each Loki could have different personalities based on changes to their past, but they would still be the same person beyond just Genetics.. Yes the TVA does deal with Branching timelines, but its universal.

Here is the Break down of why Kang created the TVA

"Eons ago, before the creation of the TVA, He Who Remains lived in the 31st century on Earth, where he discovered that there were other universes stacked on top of his own. At the same time, other versions of himself were learning the same thing, leading them to meet one another. The Variants shared knowledge and technologies from their respective universes, but one Variant of himself saw the new worlds as a land to conquer, leading to the Multiversal War. The Variants battled each other to defend their universe while attempting to conquer the other. He Who Remains later met a creature that was created from all the tears in reality with the ability to consume time and space. He weaponized the creature's power to put an end on the Multiversal War before isolating the timeline and created the Time Variance Authority to prevent any branch timeline from growing.

The TVA explains that Nexus events lead to a Multiversal war ...... This is from the Show..

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I thought about people like you.
You will not know what it happening.
For people like you, you need to take everyone's word that is was dope.
Then watch all the movies and it will come together.

Just watched. I felt let down. I attribute that to not being familiar with the comics. I was hoping for some resolution.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Again. You are not listening. I am not arguing that something is wrong per se. I am pointing out something people need to be aware of.

Those are two different things.

Marvel is fucking up.

You don’t create a different universe with time travel.

You create different time line in your same universe with the differences happening after divergent event.

I am being as clear as I can.

I am listening..

What I'm trying to point out is that in Science Fiction there are multiple theories when it comes to time travel..

Marvel is not following what most think of when it comes to time travel ..... Their version allows them the ability bring in characters from multiple universes into the main marvel timeline at the same general age as the current cast because in this World... Time flows in a straight line.

The rules in Loki are the same Rules that they established in Endgame.

MCU is following the Multi-World theory .... It's a form of Quantum Mechanics ...

It is a Legit theory .... Because Time is fixed... It can't be changed...

But Time is a like a string.... It can be a straight path but within it... It contains multiple layers running at the same time...

A string can Flay and that string goes off the path..... It does not follow the other layers ... It becomes it's own thing (universe)

Any Changes to this separate string ... Do not affect things that occur in the thread....

This is the basis of the Many-Worlds Theory ... This theory's design is to hopeful rule out paradoxes. (IE.... Damn How do we add Mutants to this world)

Time moves like a branching tree .... which is how time moves on the TVA's monitor. Each of those branches exists in it's own universe.

Under the Many Worlds theory.... Multiple times lines and Multiple worlds are essentially the same.

1920px-Schroedingers_cat_film.svg.png

The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of whether the box is opened—but the "alive" and "dead" cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but cannot interact with each other.

Like I've said before..

I'm a time travel fucking nut.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. Now listen.

That is different timelines in the same universe.

Look at your own picture. See it has 1 origin and branched out.

That is not different universes stacked on top of each other like Kang explained.

Different timelines do not create different universes.

It is still 1 tree.

I am listening..

What I'm trying to point out is that in Science Fiction there are multiple theories when it comes to time travel..

Marvel is not following what most think of when it comes to time travel ..... Their version allows them the ability bring in characters from multiple universes into the main marvel timeline at the same general age as the current cast because in this World... Time flows in a straight line.

The rules in Loki are the same Rules that they established in Endgame.

MCU is following the Multi-World theory .... It's a form of Quantum Mechanics ...

It is a Legit theory .... Because Time is fixed... It can't be changed...

But Time is a like a string.... It can be a straight path but within it... It contains multiple layers running at the same time...

A string can Flay and that string goes off the path..... It does not follow the other layers ... It becomes it's own thing (universe)

Any Changes to this separate string ... Do not affect things that occur in the thread....

This is the basis of the Many-Worlds Theory ... This theory's design is to hopeful rule out paradoxes. (IE.... Damn How do we add Mutants to this world)

Time moves like a branching tree .... which is how time moves on the TVA's monitor. Each of those branches exists in it's own universe.

Under the Many Worlds theory.... Multiple times lines and Multiple worlds are essentially the same.

1920px-Schroedingers_cat_film.svg.png

The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of whether the box is opened—but the "alive" and "dead" cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but cannot interact with each other.

Like I've said before..

I'm a time travel fucking nut.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So post some shit that you find meaningful then bitch!

Be the change you want to see and not some whining ass bitch in her feelings.

Motherfuckers are having a discussion in the discussion thread.

What you doing?

Not sure what's being posted by a particular poster here but looking at the replies it seems like this thread is being derailed :smh:

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ok. Now listen.

That is different timelines in the same universe.

Look at your own picture. See it has 1 origin and branched out.

That is not different universes stacked on top of each other like Kang explained.

Different timelines do not create different universes.

It is still 1 tree.

According to the Many-Worlds theory.... Each branch from that Tree is a Different Universe .....

Ok we are going to get technical...

This video is about as simple as I can see to explain what Marvel is doing and what they did do in Loki...

This is the Many Worlds theory..... Each Branch is different... Each Outcome is it's own universe that can then branch off because there are multiple outcomes....

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
they gone have to take baby steps ..with that whole immortus/kang the conqueror shit

if you don't follow the comics it can be confusing

unless they just gloss over it

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The ancient one spoke to Bruce about their timeline not multiple universes. The Avengers traveled in time not between universes.
The Ms. Minutes that gave Raymona the coordinates is from the Kang Timeline. She is calling her from the Immortus timeline back to Kang. This Kang is hiding away in the Quantum Realm.

Think of Heaven and Hell. Kang is the bad guy who is only allowed to be bad because of the good guy Immortus. Or if you want to get the party started what if Immortus was a Kang who turned Oden and the next iteration won't have those pesky notions of decency?

Last edited:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they gone have to take baby steps ..with that whole immortus/kang the conqueror shit

if you don't follow the comics it can be confusing

unless they just gloss over it
I have never read the comics, however, you can figure out from a basic storyline/screenplay premise how this story should unfold.