Official Lawn and Yard Maintenance Thread- Do You Want Or Have Green Lawn.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone familiar with St. Augustine grass?

I have weeds creeping in and gradually snuffing out my grass? I think my only option is to literally dig out all the weeds and put sod over all the trouble areas

Might be too late here.

oqzGZdP.jpg

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone familiar with St. Augustine grass?

I have weeds creeping in and gradually snuffing out my grass? I think my only option is to literally dig out all the weeds and put sod over all the trouble areas

Might be too late here.

oqzGZdP.jpg
You could have sprayed it with a weed killer

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BGOL help a brotha out. Cut the yard for the 1st time this year and my back yard is fucked up. A bunch of soft patches and holes. Some type of rodent has ruined my yard. How can I get rid of these shits.
Have to find out what they are first. I'd set up a little cheap night vision camera to record whats coming and going from that spot. Once you know what you're dealing with you'll know how to deal with it.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I went nuts with the grass and landscaping this year. Grass looks like lush green carpet though. I’ve learned that I stead of using weed killers give your grass the nutrients and nitrogen it needs.

planted too many things to list. My wife says we grow crops in our 3 gardens. We grow a lot of fruitsvegetables and herbs.

our lawn used to look so bad. I needed time to work on it. The first couple years after you buy a house you’re focused on the inside.

I personally moved 10 cubic yards of compost around the yard and gardens. Tilled. Multiple milorganite passes. Weed and feeds. Pressure washes

Built a fire pit area with the pebbles. Tomato plants fragrant flowers. 2 11-foot umbrellas. 1 cantilever.

Good workouts.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went nuts with the grass and landscaping this year. Grass looks like lush green carpet though. I’ve learned that I stead of using weed killers give your grass the nutrients and nitrogen it needs.

planted too many things to list. My wife says we grow crops in our 3 gardens. We grow a lot of fruitsvegetables and herbs.

our lawn used to look so bad. I needed time to work on it. The first couple years after you buy a house you’re focused on the inside.

I personally moved 10 cubic yards of compost around the yard and gardens. Tilled. Multiple milorganite passes. Weed and feeds. Pressure washes

Built a fire pit area with the pebbles. Tomato plants fragrant flowers. 2 11-foot umbrellas. 1 cantilever.

Good workouts.
Why not get a landscaper?

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor

Good workouts.

What are you using to green up the lawn? I got a July 4th face off with a couple of neighbors on my street. I put down some Flagship Fertilizer then added some Ironite and I’m watering every other day. So far I’m looking good. I’m looking at one more application of Ironite a week before the 4th and I should be good.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Any of you cats heard of using Copper infused/ ionized water for better plants and grass?

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What are you using to green up the lawn? I got a July 4th face off with a couple of neighbors on my street. I put down some Flagship Fertilizer then added some Ironite and I’m watering every other day. So far I’m looking good. I’m looking at one more application of Ironite a week before the 4th and I should be good.
Milorganite and some scott’s products. Better safe than sorry

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
When I get a break from the kids. Gonna mow and try some pgr. Been trying to mow weekly but its getting away from me. If it works I'll spring for the 2mth version. Imagine barely having to mow once you get the lawn the way you want it.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I use lesco 15-5-10 fertilizer and Milogranite. Use those and you won't even need ironite. Just make sure you water regularly to get full results.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i use organic fertilizer and throw it down heavy

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
We pay a service to keep the yard green and clear of weeds. My wife doesnt want me dealing with the chemicals. Only issue I have is asshole pet owners not cleaning up after their dogs.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
20230603-115410.jpg

NICE!
I see where the property line is with your neighbor :giggle:

You have the right height for a greener, stronger lawn.
They don't ask for tips from you?
:lol:

Man I dont even talk to those bastards we got into twice when they first moved in.

We moved in May 2021, it rained most of that summet, I think I only had to water my grass once at the end of August.

Summer 2022 was the exact opposite, so I had to deep water 2 times a week minimum just to keep my grass healthy. Then it rained crazy most of August.

The catch is that they decided to get a sprinkler system installed in August after not giving a shit about their grass for 2 summers. These dumb mofos would run the sprinklers at the same time it was raining. Which ended up fucking up the grass side of the house because it was over watered and muddy. So i told their lawn msn when I saw him to tell them to stop running the sprinklers on the side too much.

So this spring I had to fix that side of the lawn with compost and sand to build it back up which worked. It should be fully thickened in a few weeks.

I have my mower set to 4 inches since St augustine likes to be cut high plus it chokes out the weeds. My neighbor across the street asks me for lawn tips and i told him fertilizer(milorganite and Lesco 15-5-10 alternating every 5 to 6 weeks during growing season) and deep watering 1 or twice a week.

Last edited:

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
after that winter freeze we had crabgrass took over sections of my yard. when I get a chance I need to put stuff down to kill it. I wanna start watering but the water bill where I'm at be high as fuck.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just before winter I drove up to my lawn looking like a damn dessert. Hard as concrete and no grass. I had new sod installed in the whole yard. Put in a sprinkler system. Redid flowerbeds and now wife is expecting yard of the month. lol.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
after that winter freeze we had crabgrass took over sections of my yard. when I get a chance I need to put stuff down to kill it. I wanna start watering but the water bill where I'm at be high as fuck.
Healthy St. Augustine grass will choke out the crabgrass without you having to put stuff down. Next year to prevent crabgrass and weeds just throw some pre emergent down around late Feb to early march. I dont put any type of weed killer on my lawn. Weeds pop around April and bu mid may my grass chokes the weeds out.

Deep watering once or twice a week and mow high and often.