Official Lawn and Yard Maintenance Thread- Do You Want Or Have Green Lawn.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
One weed I struggle with in my flower beds is wild onions. Them B's just laugh at you when you pull them out, cause next day they twice as big. :curse:

You gotta dig them out. Where you find one plant growing, beneath the soil there are like 15 bulbs in that one spot.

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
One weed I struggle with in my flower beds is wild onions. Them B's just laugh at you when you pull them out, cause next day they twice as big. :curse:

This might help. I can spray this over top my liriope and kill all the nutsedge that grows in that shit with no problem. It does handle Wild Onion as well. Make sure to keep your spray nozzle isolated from nearby ornamentals. Mix this per the directions and put the required amount of MSO for an added benefit.

9448.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
Does anyone on the board, have Premier Zoysia grass? I was thinking about getting my lawn sodded with that. If yes, is it hard to maintain?

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A neighbor behind our yard got cute and planted a few bamboo plants in his yard. Fast forward a few years and they have taken over his yard, and shoots are coming up in mine and my next door neighbors yard.

If I ever see him it's on sight.

Buddy next door said he cut the sticks down and poured round up in the shoots. It laughed at that shyt and keeps it moving.

Fo real on sight!

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
A neighbor behind our yard got cute and planted a few bamboo plants in his yard. Fast forward a few years and they have taken over his yard, and shoots are coming up in mine and my next door neighbors yard.

Buddy next door said he cut the sticks down and poured round up in the shoots. It laughed at that shyt and keeps it moving.

Fo real on sight!

you in trouble yo .....

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I need to get a tiller so I can get the yard ready to plant Bermuda seed. Currently losing the battle with killing off the weeds & old grass in my yard. Most of the yard is dead from my spraying but there's some stubborn areas that are still green & I'm starting to see new green popping up in areas that were previously dead. Hopefully tilling the yard will help break that shit up so the new seed can properly germinate & take over

sheppettybone

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Fo real on sight!
If you had mosquitoes that bamboo he planted attracts dragonflies......dragonflies eat mosquitoes. That bamboo can be a problem but it also has its perks

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fo real on sight!
You may need an attorney. :yes:

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
BGOL Investor
Yo I tried that shit and nobody aerates? Im like wtf?
You can rent one at a Home Depot, tractor supply store or Ace hardware. You might want to check with your neighbors and do it all in one day and share the cost if you rent the that attaches to a riding mower. I have a few trouble spots in my yard. I attached a 18 inch drill bit to my drill and poked out the ground on the trouble spots and seeded those areas.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need to get a tiller so I can get the yard ready to plant Bermuda seed. Currently losing the battle with killing off the weeds & old grass in my yard. Most of the yard is dead from my spraying but there's some stubborn areas that are still green & I'm starting to see new green popping up in areas that were previously dead. Hopefully tilling the yard will help break that shit up so the new seed can properly germinate & take over
why are you planting Bermuda seed?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
If you already have Bermuda what is keeping it from growing?
My yard was mainly fescue but weeds pretty much took over the vast majority of my yard as well as the neighbors' yards. Cuz of that I decided to kill off everything & go with Bermuda

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you have a recommendation then? I haven't had my yard tilled yet and perhaps I can mix what I have with better product
Tiffway 419 or Princess 77 seeds are the best Bermuda type seed.

you could also by a strips of sod and allow the Bermuda to spread to cover the lawns. Placing a few strips in the middle of the yard would do. Then create plugs from the areas it covered

Sod is hybrid Bermuda such ass tiff or princess

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Well, my local Tractor Supply was smooth out of the Moorganite. So I decided to check out the Jonathan Green website. I'm looking for an organic fert alternative to Milorganite. So, I ordered two bags of this Jonathan Green organic fert. I only need two bags of the Jonathan Green vs. 10 bags of the Moorganite. I still end up around the same out of pocket so its all good. I'd rather have to deal with two 51lb. bags of Jonathan Green organic than ten 30lb bags of Moorganite organic. I always apply my application at the half-rate north/south, then east/west for even coverage.

I always apply two bags of The Andersons Humic DG on top of my fert applications and I'm NEVER disappointed. So after my next mow, this will be my next app. I have 18,000 sq.ft. of lawn to treat.

Two bags of each:

Organic-Lawn-Food.png

HUMDG.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gotta get my shit together this year neighbors on either side and across the street got dandelions, those lil purple mfkrs and more.... plus somehow there's 2 different types of grass in the front.... a big ass patch of some moss like grass....so imma hit up the rental store or home depot and bust the front and back out in a day...tiller, the lil spreader with either Scott's or similar weed and feed...then straw or something else to cover it

Doublea198505

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Looking for advice,

I purchased a house in the late fall of last year in GA, and now that spring is here my yard has a lot of weeds. What would you all suggest is the best process to eradicate the weeds and grow healthy grass?
Weeds

Also do you think this is a good way to start?
Home Depot Suggestion

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looking for advice,

I purchased a house in the late fall of last year in GA, and now that spring is here my yard has a lot of weeds. What would you all suggest is the best process to eradicate the weeds and grow healthy grass?
Weeds

Also do you think this is a good way to start?
Home Depot Suggestion

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
In GA you got Bermuda grass so you are good to go. Bermuda grass is the most aggressive grass around.

It may be to late to eradicate your weeds because you probably have a lot of weed seed in your soil. But you can work on your yard for next year.

first step - get a weed sprayer. You can get this for about $8
hdx-pump-sprayers-1502hdx-64_1000.jpg

Then get a bottle of weed killer that is safe for Bermuda grass and only kills the weeds and not the grass. Most brands are good

Start spraying your yard to kill all the weeds. In about a week you will see brown patches which is good.

next get a few bags of milorganite or the Lowe’s brand Procare and apply this to your yard. This fertilizer is organic and can’t burn your yard.

With the weeds dying you Bermuda grass will start to spread if you keep it cut Every three days.

normally you would apply a pre-emergence in February to prevent weeds from growing. It is kind of to late for that. So you will have to spray your yard a few times this summer.

By July you will start to see a really healthy developed yard. Your weed problem will be cut down by 70% with a few spots popping up here and there

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
In GA you got Bermuda grass so you are good to go. Bermuda grass is the most aggressive grass around.

It may be to late to eradicate your weeds because you probably have a lot of weed seed in your soil. But you can work on your yard for next year.

first step - get a weed sprayer. You can get this for about $8
hdx-pump-sprayers-1502hdx-64_1000.jpg

Then get a bottle of weed killer that is safe for Bermuda grass and only kills the weeds and not the grass. Most brands are good

Start spraying your yard to kill all the weeds. In about a week you will see brown patches which is good.

next get a few bags of milorganite or the Lowe’s brand Procare and apply this to your yard. This fertilizer is organic and can’t burn your yard.

With the weeds dying you Bermuda grass will start to spread if you keep it cut Every three days.

normally you would apply a pre-emergence in February to prevent weeds from growing. It is kind of to late for that. So you will have to spray your yard a few times this summer.

By July you will start to see a really healthy developed yard. Your weed problem will be cut down by 70% with a few spots popping up here and there
Where you from bruh?

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dandelions has nothing on creeping Charlie. Got it from my neighbors and it took over my yard 2 years ago. I’m using tenacity on it but it will be a few years to kill it off.

d6fdbe-20140709-creepingcharlie03.jpg

Thanks for the Tenacity info. Lookin into whether I'd try or not. Cost got me :dunno:

From what I read you need all three to apply:
Tenacity $65 Color Dye $12 Southern $17 Ag Surfactant for Herbicides

Bumpin this up for anyone else. Bruh explains in detail how to apply.