Official Lawn and Yard Maintenance Thread- Do You Want Or Have Green Lawn.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for the Tenacity info. Lookin into whether I'd try or not. Cost got me :dunno:

From what I read you need all three to apply:
Tenacity $65 Color Dye $12 Southern $17 Ag Surfactant for Herbicides

Bumpin this up for anyone else. Bruh explains in detail how to apply.

Last Year I reduced the creeping Charlie by 50% with tenacity. After hitting it this year hopefully it will be gone.

What did knock it completely out in one area was an application of tenacity then 2 weeks later roundup weed killer. BUT that killed off some grass.

Just have to stick with the program. Tenacity early spring 2x. Tenacity in the fall. Dethatch, aerate, and overseed.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Looking for advice,

I purchased a house in the late fall of last year in GA, and now that spring is here my yard has a lot of weeds. What would you all suggest is the best process to eradicate the weeds and grow healthy grass?
Weeds

Also do you think this is a good way to start?
Home Depot Suggestion

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Kill off the weeds now with Scott’s weed killer. If one application doesn’t get them hit it again in 4 weeks. Your grass will look like shit but have to start killing weeds.

Then in the fall you Dethatch the yard.
Amazon product ASIN B01FEATL2I
Rent or pay someone to aerate the yard.

Then overseed. Do this all in the same day. Next spring you will see a big improvement in the coverage and thickness of your grass.

The goal is to choke out the weeds with thick grass.

When the next spring comes put down grabgrass preventer and feed some time early April. Switch to using Tenacity to spot spray your weeds. Dethatch, aerate, overseed again the fall.

Cut your grass at 4 inches height.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A neighbor behind our yard got cute and planted a few bamboo plants in his yard. Fast forward a few years and they have taken over his yard, and shoots are coming up in mine and my next door neighbors yard.

If I ever see him it's on sight.

Buddy next door said he cut the sticks down and poured round up in the shoots. It laughed at that shyt and keeps it moving.

Fo real on sight!
Bamboo has to be contained when planted. Shit you might have to put a barrier in now to stop the spread.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Aight, help a brother out. What do i need to do to get this shit looking good and healthy. Let me know what products and equipment i need.
I'm in Florida, if you need more info that that, let me know.

also want to mention, the other day i was walking thru the yard and notice a bunch of what appeared to be moths flying out wherever i stepped, what can i do about that. Seeing a few ant holes too.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Aight, help a brother out. What do i need to do to get this shit looking good and healthy. Let me know what products and equipment i need.

also want to mention, the other day i was walking thru the yard and notice a bunch of what appeared to be moths flying out wherever i stepped, what can i do about that. Seeing a few ant holes too.

lol @ the 1st pic.

I would just seed it and water it. or wait til the fall and spring and seed the fuck out of it. but i'm not an expert.

Edit..... The other pics don't look as bad as the first pic.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
lol @ the 1st pic.

I would just seed it and water it. or wait til the fall and spring and seed the fuck out of it. but i'm not an expert.

Edit..... The other pics don't look as bad as the first pic.
Damn, it's that bad. What's the issue with the first pic?

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If its green let it be. Looks like my neighbors yard and they keep it short and cut every 3 to 4 days.

Do you know what type of grass you had before the weeds rolled in. Cause Bermuda can be salvaged with some weed killing and fertilizer, sometimes. But your best bet may be to kill it all next spring with roundup and start over with seed or sod.

Lawn Care Nut is in Florida now this may help

TimRock

BGOL Investor
If its green let it be. Looks like my neighbors yard and they keep it short and cut every 3 to 4 days.

Do you know what type of grass you had before the weeds rolled in. Cause Bermuda can be salvaged with some weed killing and fertilizer, sometimes. But your best bet may be to kill it all next spring with roundup and start over with seed or sod.

Nah, not sure what was there. Ive been here about a year now and up until now I've had a lawn guy come by and mow and stuff. But I'm ready to take care of it on my own.

TimRock

BGOL Investor

That vid was helpful. Gonna go to home Depot in the morning and grab the items mentioned and will start with a small part to see how it goes. Thanks.

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Can someone explain to me wth happened to Roundup? It sucks now... I used to spray and watch my weeds whither up... Now I have to go out daily to spray everything and it's weeks later...

I've weeded & feeded this year and put about 3 or 4treatments of bug killer down.. 2 liquid and 2 granules... Over the past 2 months... I see weeds still but I'm going to keep working on it and I'm keeping my lawn taller than I usually would cut... Trying to keep it lush

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Experiment and have fun, everyone's lawn is different. Do a few sections in your yard, try fescue in one section or a high sun drought seed in another. Aerate, detach the works in another section and just reseed and fertilizer in another. Take pictures make notes. Pay attention to the rain and temps. Don't walk on it or let the kids play on the grass.

Hell if you are near a golf course, i believe most are zoysia or st augustine. Go steal about 10 plugs and replug in your yard.:lol:Then once that grows redistribute plugs from your own lawn to the rest of the lawn.
Amazon product ASIN B07GX83378

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can someone explain to me wth happened to Roundup? It sucks now... I used to spray and watch my weeds whither up... Now I have to go out daily to spray everything and it's weeks later...

I've weeded & feeded this year and put about 3 or 4treatments of bug killer down.. 2 liquid and 2 granules... Over the past 2 months... I see weeds still but I'm going to keep working on it and I'm keeping my lawn taller than I usually would cut... Trying to keep it lush
I read a message on that a year ago. I believe they weakened it cause people were suing since people were getting sick from using it.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You actually have a good strong yard. All you need to do is spray your lawn with a weed killer then add some milorganite organic fertilizer and keep your yard cut and you will have a gorgeous lawn

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Why don't you buy the Roundup concentrate and dilute it with less water than the label says? You'll need a sprayer

That's what I ended up doing this last time. That crap is strong and splashed out when I was pouring it into the sprayer, and it took me a while to get the oder out of my mouth and nose. And of course I didn't wear goggles or a mask.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

Bout ten yrs ago sprayed that shyt on an area the city was suppose to maintain, kill errthang and it stayed dead ..... Now every month gotta spray lil shyt coming out the cracks in the curb .....

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
You actually have a good strong yard. All you need to do is spray your lawn with a weed killer then add some milorganite organic fertilizer and keep your yard cut and you will have a gorgeous lawn
I was gonna say this same thing. I would overseed first. The main thing is introducing a preferable grass species and having that be the dominant strain. All lawns have multiple strains. You have to control for the ones you do not want, including weeds.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I was gonna say this same thing. I would overseed first. The main thing is introducing a preferable grass species and having that be the dominant strain. All lawns have multiple strains. You have to control for the ones you do not want, including weeds.
What specifically is overseeding? Multiple times a week? A day?

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t think he can overseed. That looks like St Augustine grass or is it something else

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What specifically is overseeding? Multiple times a week? A day?
Overseeding is putting down grass seed “Over Seeding” (Putting seed “Over” Grass)

But I don’t think you can. Looks like you have St Augustine which grows by sod or plugs only

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats what I was curious of if he had St Augustine or Bermuda. If its St Augustine you can take plugs from your good part of your grass plant them 12in apart to make a new section of grass. Then repeat in another spot til your lawn is full. Thats the cheap way.

Buy sod or plugs then plant them down.

I swear all lawn care dudes are MAGA hat wearers, but until i see the hat they have good info.

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
I currently push mow with a 21" cut Honda HRX217 with the 200cc motor. It's a wonderful mulching push mower. But, now I want to upgrade to something a little better that mulches just as good with a wider cutting deck and has a small footprint and doesn't weigh a lot. I've decided to get a 32" cut Ferris FW15 walk behind. I will definitely get the mulching kit and four extra set of mulching blades. This baby should cut my mowing time in half. I can't wait. :yes::yes:

5901848-FW15CWHON1032CE_MG_0234.png

5901848-FW15CWHON1032CE_MG_0261.png

FW15-caster-wheels.jpg

D9c26GIXYAAO_M3

D9c27njXUAAS275

D9c25XJWwAAgOk4

D9c28gFXsAE--Wf

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor

I read a message on that a year ago. I believe they weakened it cause people were suing since people were getting sick from using it.
It all makes sense now. I was trying to kill my lawn so I could replace it with Bermuda & pretty much failed to the point where it looks like I never sprayed anything. Damn weeds are probably laughing at me every time I step outside more than the woodchuck s do in the Geico commercials

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
It all makes sense now. I was trying to kill my lawn so I could replace it with Bermuda & pretty much failed to the point where it looks like I never sprayed anything. Damn weeds are probably laughing at me every time I step outside more than the woodchuck s do in the Geico commercials

I use this combo once a year along my fence line and NEVER have to worry about ANYTHING coming back during they year. For me, this shit works. Roundup Quik Pro mixed with Sureguard herbicide.

1126.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg

3777.jpg.thumb_1024x1024.jpg