Official Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion (12/1/17 @8PM)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Do I want this to happen...Yes

Do I think it would happen...No

@fonzerrillii

@playahaitian

this is just too much

I can't

I just...

hfEMPo8.gif

I gotta log off.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
SHIELD Is Now a Real Government Program in the US and Canada

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

SHIELD Is Now a Real Government Program in the US and Canada
The fictional S.H.I.E.L.D. has a real-world namesake that will monitor and analyze air, land or space-based threats to the U.S. and Canada.
BY KELVIN CHILDS3 DAYS AGO

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. may be off the air, but it's real-world namesake may live on in the defense forces of the United States and Canada.

The Strategic Homeland Integrated Ecosystem for Layered Defense is a potential component of NORAD, the aerospace agency that provides security for the two nations, reports CBC.

This version calls for monitoring potential air, land or space-based threats to the two countries through real-time data analysis.

Marvel's version of S.H.I.E.L.D. first appeared in Strange Tales #135, cover dated August 1965, as a starring vehicle for Nick Fury, updating him from World War II-era soldier to the public director of the spy agency.
Continue Scrolling To Keep ReadingClick the button below to start this article in quick view.

The acronym "S.H.I.E.L.D." then represented "Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage and Law-Enforcement Division," in the manner of Bond adversary SPECTRE (Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion) and the 1964-1968 TV series The Man from U.N.C.L.E., which Stan Lee once cited as inspiration. (At first ambiguous, "U.N.C.L.E." was retconned to mean "United Network Command for Law and Enforcement.")

S.H.I.E.L.D. joined a wave of fictional underground agencies with acronyms, some serious, like T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents (The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves), and some silly, like The Inferior 5 spoofs H.U.R.R.I.C.A.N.E. (Heinous, Unscrupulous Rats and Rogues Initiating Criminal Anarchy and Nefarious Evil) and C.O.U.S.I.N. F.R.E.D. (Competent Organization Utilizing Scientific Investigation for National Fiend, Ruffian and Evildoer Defense).

S.H.I.E.L.D. was soon integrated into the Marvel Universe as having international reach, fighting threats foreign and domestic, often with the aid of Captain America and other heroes. It was renamed "Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate" in 1991. For the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), the agency was introduced in 2008's Iron Man, with its name given as "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division."

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VFX Supervisor Reveals Marvel Studios Stopped The Show From Mentioning S.W.O.R.D.

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VFX Supervisor Reveals Marvel Studios Stopped The Show From Mentioning S.W.O.R.D.

Following Friday's episode of WandaVision, many fans have pointed out some similarities with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but it turns out that Marvel Studios said no to the series ever mentioning S.W.O.R.D.!
JoshWilding| 2/1/2021

As hard as it is for some fans of the ABC series to accept, the signs continue to point to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not being canon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As soon as Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige stopped reporting to Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter, the crossovers were no more, and the show very much became its own thing.

During the final few years of its run, the team's adventures were primarily cosmic in nature, with the expectation that S.H.I.E.L.D. had, or would, become S.W.O.R.D.

That never happened, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. VFX Supervisor Mark Kolpack has now revealed that the characters in the show weren't allowed to mention S.W.O.R.D. There was even a mention of that organisation in the series finale that was scrapped, but this isn't the first time we've heard about Marvel Studios stopping the show from using certain characters.

For example, they were banned from using M.O.D.O.K. during the final couple of years.

There are a lot of fans who, after Friday's episode of WandaVision, are hoping Mack will show up in his Nick Fury jacket or that LMD Agent Coulson will be taken out of storage by Darcy Lewis, but it's impossible to imagine it ever happening. Instead, Phase 4 looks set to continue expanding on the movies.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
INTERVIEW: Adrianne Palicki Shares The Joy Of Kicking Butt As Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Mockingbird & More
In an exclusive interview, actress Adrianne Palicki reflects on her time playing a variety of comic book heroes brought to life on Smallville, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the defunct Wonder Woman series...
EdGross| 1/31/2021
Filed Under: "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Adrianne-Palicki.jpg

Smallville. Wonder Woman. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. John Wick. All of these projects have one thing in common, and that's actress Adrianne Palicki, who has delighted in the opportunity that each and every one of those shows have given her to kick ass. An element that would seem to suggest that these are the kind of roles that she prefers.
“Oh, yeah,” she laughs. “You can't tell with the roles I take? It’s like, is there a fight? Okay, I’ll take it!' Seriously, though, that’s the really fun part of it. I get to be a kid and I get to learn new talents. Plus, it’s all a good workout.”

Ironically, the show that gave her her true start was Friday Night Lights, but is that more an anomaly than what she’s actually interested in?
Friday Night Lights gave me a career and then I just went after it and it became kind of a snowball effect. I got Red Dawn [the remake] and then it was Wonder Woman. Those were the calls I was getting.”

Which she was delighted to answer. The physicality of these kinds of parts — including her current stint on The Orville as Commander Kelly Grayson — isn't as difficult as someone from the outside looking in would think.
“I'm already very fit and it seems to be working based on the fact that I've played a lot of these roles,” Adrianne states. “And I’m always learning something new. On John Wick I had to learn jiu-jitsu, which was really intense training, because I'd never learned a martial art before. At this point, I was in boxing and doing jiu-jitsu and all that stuff, and the movement is a lot easier. For me it's now just more about the choreography of it. As far as the fight stuff goes, that's the fun now.”
Given that time for this particular conversation was really tight, Adrianne wraps things up with a quick assessment of some of her more popular roles.

Supergirl (the First Version) on Smallville
“Let me just say this: I have a Supergirl tattoo that I've had for about a decade. Getting to play that character, when I heard it was Kara Zor-El, I was like, ‘Oh my God! This is my dream role.’ That was such … I can't even tell you how awesome that was. It was the first of many comic book roles for me, but that was really special.”

Nadia on Mercy Reef/Aquaman

In this pilot for what have been an Aquaman series starring This is Us and Smallville's Justin Harley, Adrianne played the sea siren Nadia, who would have been the ongoing villain of the piece if the pilot had gone to series.

“I thought that pilot was excellent. I mean, honestly, it was great. At the end of the day, it was just super expensive. I remember I had the option of testing for that as a regular or for Friday Night Lights, and I really was leaning towards Aquaman, because I had been going after it for so long — for about a month at that point. I had a strong feeling Aquaman was going to be the one that would go to series and I thought, ‘Friday Night Lights. It’s based on a book. It’s about football. It’s stuff that doesn’t work,’ or hadn’t been working at the time. But they made the offer first and I was, like, ‘I have to take it.’ It ended up being the best decision of my entire life."
Diana Prince in the Wonder Woman TV Pilot

Written and produced by David E. Kelley, here’s what Variety had to say about the pilot that did not go to series: “What Kelley did with the pilot, rather shrewdly, was completely avoid the whole traditional superhero story. Instead, he begins in a world where there’s somebody known as Wonder Woman — a widely known vigilante hero — who supports her crime-busting endeavors through merchandising deals, including an action figure.”
Says Adrianne, Wonder Woman was actually the most amazing, surreal experience. David E. Kelley fought for me on that one. He just saw that I was her and it was one of the cooler roles of my life and experiences. And I was, like, ‘Wow, I got paid to wear this costume!’ Even if it didn’t go to series, it was a great group of people. But it was a lot of pressure, I’m not going to lie. I was taking on a huge responsibility to a lot of people.”
Bobbie Morse/Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

She was a strong presence on the Marvel series for a time and came this close to starring in a spin-off shoow.
“Honestly, she was one of the best characters I’d ever played in the fact that she’s funny, she’s tough. She gets to do fight stuff. She has her drama and emotion. She’s vulnerable. She gets to be a spy. She does most of the ‘languages.’ It’s just such a cool role. “I think Bobbi Morse isn’t a soldier and she’s always on the up and up. She always wants to do the right thing. So in her mind, she's always going to do the right thing, at least what she thinks is right. You know what I mean? She’s a very genuine character and as much as she is a spy and she's had this lifestyle for so long, I think that's she still hates hurting people, especially people around her that she wants to trust her. At the end of the day, she's a soldier and she's a bad ass, but I think she's a really good person.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So with what went down tonight.. ... they set it up for Grant Ward and possibly Trip to both be in play for the finale

@ansatsusha_gouki

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Star Brett Dalton Confirms He Was Never Asked To Return For Final Season - EXCLUSIVE

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned praise from fans, but no one could really understand why Brett Dalton's Grant Ward was M.I.A. Now, the actor tells us that he never actually received a call from Marvel...

JoshWilding| 9/3/2020

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reached its conclusion on ABC earlier this year, and while it left fans wondering whether the show ever really took place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the response to the show's final year was a positive one. However, one sticking point for fans was the fact that even though a lot of familiar faces ended up returning, Agent Grant Ward was nowhere to be seen.

Brett Dalton's S.H.I.E.L.D. agent - who was ultimately outed as a HYDRA spy in one of the show's biggest twists - died and came back to life quite a few times, and with alternate universes/timelines and LMDs a big part of the final season, there's no reason that couldn't have happened again.

So, why was Ward M.I.A. from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s final season? Not even Dalton is sure!

"You and me both," he jokingly responded when we wondered why his character was missing from the series. "I was watching too, thinking, 'I dunno, maybe they filmed something in secret and will pull up some old footage of me from when I was there!' [Laughs] No, sadly, I was never asked and I'm trying not to be sad about it, though I am a little bit."

"I just like to think about how thankful I am for the time that I did have because the journey was incredible and very complex and probably longer than it would have been on another show. However, I think that they liked me so much that they kept me along for the ride, and just after a while they were like, 'Okay, this is sort of stretching the [Laughs] imagination here and I don't know what other iterations we could have for your character, and we've reached the end of the road.'"

"It's okay...I still love them,"
he concluded. "Because of that show, I moved to LA, and they were the first friends and real family here and I'll forever be grateful for that."

It is a shame the character was overlooked when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reached its end, but Dalton has now moved on to the DC Universe for the new Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie (which is out now on Digital and arrives on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on September 7th) where he plays Parasite. Check back here a little later today to hear more from the actor on that.

Were you disappointed that Grant Ward didn't make one final surprise return?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@ansatsusha_gouki

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Star Brett Dalton Confirms He Was Never Asked To Return For Final Season - EXCLUSIVE

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned praise from fans, but no one could really understand why Brett Dalton's Grant Ward was M.I.A. Now, the actor tells us that he never actually received a call from Marvel...

JoshWilding| 9/3/2020

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reached its conclusion on ABC earlier this year, and while it left fans wondering whether the show ever really took place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the response to the show's final year was a positive one. However, one sticking point for fans was the fact that even though a lot of familiar faces ended up returning, Agent Grant Ward was nowhere to be seen.

Brett Dalton's S.H.I.E.L.D. agent - who was ultimately outed as a HYDRA spy in one of the show's biggest twists - died and came back to life quite a few times, and with alternate universes/timelines and LMDs a big part of the final season, there's no reason that couldn't have happened again.

So, why was Ward M.I.A. from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s final season? Not even Dalton is sure!

"You and me both," he jokingly responded when we wondered why his character was missing from the series. "I was watching too, thinking, 'I dunno, maybe they filmed something in secret and will pull up some old footage of me from when I was there!' [Laughs] No, sadly, I was never asked and I'm trying not to be sad about it, though I am a little bit."

"I just like to think about how thankful I am for the time that I did have because the journey was incredible and very complex and probably longer than it would have been on another show. However, I think that they liked me so much that they kept me along for the ride, and just after a while they were like, 'Okay, this is sort of stretching the [Laughs] imagination here and I don't know what other iterations we could have for your character, and we've reached the end of the road.'"

"It's okay...I still love them,"
he concluded. "Because of that show, I moved to LA, and they were the first friends and real family here and I'll forever be grateful for that."

It is a shame the character was overlooked when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reached its end, but Dalton has now moved on to the DC Universe for the new Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie (which is out now on Digital and arrives on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on September 7th) where he plays Parasite. Check back here a little later today to hear more from the actor on that.

Were you disappointed that Grant Ward didn't make one final surprise return?

To be honest... I actually hate that Agent Ward never came back... I do get it...

but man Brett Dalton was so fucking good as Ward... I would love to see him in some action movies.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
To be honest... I actually hate that Agent Ward never came back... I do get it...

but man Brett Dalton was so fucking good as Ward... I would love to see him in some action movies.

I get it especially and they ALREADY brought him back BEFORE

but this was the FINAL SEASON

they went through the ENTIRE HISTORY of SHIELD

and it just felt OFF to have that not include Ward

MANY were ready to abandon this show 4 weeks in, remember?

And it was when the trademark Whedon flips and curves came in that we REALLY show this show start to come into its own

and WARD was a BIG part of that.

We came thinking he was gonna be the traditional standard handsome white hero and that was completely flipped over.

It would have been GREAT to close out the show with him.

And he DEFINITELY should have series and there a TON of leads in the DC universe he would be PERFECT for.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ok let us think positive fir a moment

Especially since our queen chloe is recovering from serious illness

She COULD be lying like that she hulk actress cause the actual contracts haven't been signed and there is confidentially agreements in place