Picard Patrick Stewart New Star Trek Series

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
One thing that I feel is a mistake is the incredibly forced F bombs.

Star Trek has inspired so many people to become engineers, doctors, military officers, etc. And saying "fuck" gratuitously may cause some parents to not let their children watch the show.

I'm hoping they explain why there have now been Romulans in the show that look like Romulans from classic Star Trek as well as Romulans that look like humans with pointed ears and "angry" eyebrows.
In today’s age I don’t think it’s a mistake and also if we do have a future similar to this they not going to stop cursing.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
In today’s age I don’t think it’s a mistake and also if we do have a future similar to this they not going to stop cursing.

Prior to Discovery, Star Trek has never said it before. That includes when people have been tortured, lost loved ones, plotted suicide, had sex, had bones broken, and been accused of rape. If they were going to say it, they would have said it then, not when talking about an old man wanting a ship. That's in addition to the fact that it was 100% unnecessary.

Plus, I know plenty of parents that won't let their young children watch TV/movies with certain language in it.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Prior to Discovery, Star Trek has never said it before. That includes when people have been tortured, lost loved ones, plotted suicide, had sex, had bones broken, and been accused of rape. If they were going to say it, they would have said it then, not when talking about an old man wanting a ship. That's in addition to the fact that it was 100% unnecessary.

Plus, I know plenty of parents that won't let their young children watch TV/movies with certain language in it.
Well that is your opinion but like I said I am old school myself but in today’s age the F word is not going to stop no one

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Star Trek: PICARD- Every Easter Egg in Episode 3 + Breakdown & Analysis

8:20 I said the same shit while i was watching this scene lol.

As Cardi would say

Last edited:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

I doubt that any small child would watch this show in the first place

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Anyone else saving this up for binge watching? After episode 1, couldn't take this ol' weekly drop, old school bullshit. Wanted the next episode right then.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
One thing that I feel is a mistake is the incredibly forced F bombs.

Star Trek has inspired so many people to become engineers, doctors, military officers, etc. And saying "fuck" gratuitously may cause some parents to not let their children watch the show.

I'm hoping they explain why there have now been Romulans in the show that look like Romulans from classic Star Trek as well as Romulans that look like humans with pointed ears and "angry" eyebrows.
I agree the humans act like humans from 2020 and not the end of the 24th century beginning of the 25th. I'm disappointed in the show so far it's basically discovery with some tng characters.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I should have known better whenever patrick stewart has control over trek well it's not my favorite stuff.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Discovery spoiled me with the action, but this is really good too. Patrick Stewart is more of a theater guy and it shows in this.

godmc

International
International Member
I’m liking this show so far. It’s no TNG...but I guess I should not have expected TNG. It certainly isn’t discovery either which I’m grateful for. Story seems to be well researched by the writers.