R.I.P. Rich Homie Quan....

a-towngorilla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These fucks plan is working….they glorify drugs in the music like it’s cool, but once you’re addicted death is around the corner. Family talk to your loved ones about addiction and get them help if they’re using. Please

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
These fucks plan is working….they glorify drugs in the music like it’s cool, but once you’re addicted death is around the corner. Family talk to your loved ones about addiction and get them help if they’re using. Please
Sometimes even getting them help, doesn't work if they aren't willing to listen. Also, the can always relapse.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
A lot of the people we grew up on like Mr Cee, DMX and Fatman Scoop....we're like damn, they're dying young

This generation isn't even making it to 40 with the violence and drugs

This was my favorite mumble song for a minute

RIP

What’s worse is they seem so desensitized and indifferent to it.

When Pac and BIG died it was catastrophic and fucked everyone up and everyone felt it and took notice.

Now it just seems like it rolls off everyone's back. Even that Julio Foolio murder already seems like most have moved on.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never, which is why we need to.

We already know they don't give a fuck about us.

But there's no excuse for us not correcting it when we're aware.
Bro, of course, we have to take accountability, but if a brother wants to put the blame on the White man I'm not stopping them. Remember these are the same White folks that put crack in the Black community. & you can say, nobody told these people to take crack, but the White folks knew what they were doing ~~ they wanted to profit from the crack and they wanted to inflict maximum harm so it's not about just blame us.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

When Pac and BIG died it was catastrophic and fucked everyone up and everyone felt it and took notice.

Now it just seems like it rolls off everyone's back. Even that Julio Foolio murder already seems like most have moved on.
Cause Foolio begged for death...no sympathy for him

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Regarding Julio Fooliio and other drill rappers. Of course everyone's desensitized and indifferent because they rap about people that they've killed or their gang/crew killed.

So everyone knows that the rapper has it coming.

Times have changed and so have the lifestyles of some of these new "Rappers" and with that lifestyle comes death.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Bro, of course, we have to take accountability, but if a brother wants to put the blame on the White man I'm not stopping them. Remember these are the same White folks that put crack in the Black community. & you can say, nobody told these people to take crack, but the White folks knew what they were doing ~~ they wanted to profit from the crack and they wanted to inflict maximum harm so it's not about just blame us.

True.

But there also weren't YouTube videos or Instagram/Facebook/Twitter posts to educate us on those facts back then.

Now we see all of this play out in real time so we don't have the "luxury" of saying we aren't aware.

We not only saw and could learn from how they played those before us via the methods you've mentioned, Cointelpro, Jim Crow, etc. but we're seeing this all play out in real time so IMO when it comes to those of us that still choose to perpetuate and participate in this ignorance I can't give them that pass or place blame anywhere else.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn these young niccas
Songs was in heavy rotation in the pod back then

200w.gif

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True.

But there also weren't YouTube videos or Instagram/Facebook/Twitter posts to educate us on those facts back then.

Now we see all of this play out in real time so we don't have the "luxury" of saying we aren't aware.

We not only saw and could learn from how they played those before us via the methods you've mentioned, Cointelpro, Jim Crow, etc. but we're seeing this all play out in real time so IMO when it comes to those of us that still choose to perpetuate and participate in this ignorance I can't give them that pass or place blame anywhere else.
Bruh, sometimes, we have ask ourselves why some Black people are quick to point out the culprit as White people; I think that's an important thing to ask ourselves. So many situations in Black life in the United States center on nefarious deeds of White people, I have to understand why White people would immediately blamed. Also, it's about deciding where to put on our Black pain.

chefken012

Still Cooking Dem Thangs in Da Kitchen est... 68
BGOL Investor
I’m blaming the machine behind all this mess sir. White or black, it’s destroying my people.
The ' People are destroying themselves ... if the stove eye is red hot AND you know it, you still gonna grab it ??? Fent-Fent don't give second chances

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah death becoming common and with the way these dudes pop pills they don't seem to care.

Julio different. He asked for death and got it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I say this shit about Meek all the time and I say it about Rich Homie. The culture turned their back on him. Never understood why. I get why but it never made sense to me. But this what it does. Thugga got popular and people chose sides. Then there's the snitching allegations...

But truthfully Rich Homie birthed alot of niggas styles. He took that heat for being one of the faces of "mumble rap" and now everybody sound like him. Let's call it what it is. But nobody gives you your flowers until you die. Now everyone pretending like they didn't turn their back on him.

RIP. He made his mark on the game. Sad his kids have to mourn the loss of their dad.