RAISED BY WOLVES (2020) SCFI Series from Ridley Scott (Season 2 Thread) Drops 2/3/22 HBOMAX

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A GREAT SHOW!!!

Nearly ruined by a silly finale.
Scott is still stuck on his Android Milk = Blood/Wormy Sharp Teeth Parasite Fixation.
That ending was BOGUS!!!

I'm just going to watch both season finales of "LOWER DECKS" and "THE BOYS" again.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
A GREAT SHOW!!!

Nearly ruined by a silly finale.
Scott is still stuck on his Android Milk = Blood/Wormy Sharp Teeth Parasite Fixation.
That ending was BOGUS!!!

I'm just going to watch both season finales of "LOWER DECKS" and "THE BOYS" again.

Dude definitely has a hentai tentacle collection.

jremi

Rising Star
Registered
This is one of the best series I have seen in a very long time, maybe the best sci-fi series I've ever seen. But I was a little let down by the final episode. Having time to think about it, I think that I was disappointed because the plot went against my expectations and not because it didn't make sense.

I knew that the serpent creatures would certainly return. There were just too many skeletons of them mofos all around the planet for them not to. I felt uneasy and a little let down about the way they did. I was expecting/wanting mother to have a badass half android half human offspring.

IMO the serpent offspring makes sense because firstly, it exposes a human bias. If a creature isn't humanoid in its form we automatically think it is inferior and far less intelligent. Only a few sci-fi stories confront this idea. As a serpent/worm-like creature we automatically think of it as base and stupid. Which contributes to the feeling of being let down.

Secondly, the serpent creature fits into the religious ideology/iconography of the show. Just as the serpent deceived Eve, the serpent deceived mother. Does this mean then that the serpent creature was somehow pulling all of the strings? Deceiving mother in the simulation, deceiving others and appearing as the deceased child that fell in the pit, deceiving the religious and pretending to be the voice of Sol? Didn't all of these things protect mother and ultimately lead to her conceiving the serpent?

Looking forward to season two...even if it may be two years away.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Loved the show but, like others, thought the ending was lame.

Was waiting to see Dune like worms be the reason those holes existed on the planet.

The serpent reveal was pretty lame.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
ahhah that snake shit was weird.
i thought isnt that the snakes we saw skeleton out?

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This is one of the best series I have seen in a very long time, maybe the best sci-fi series I've ever seen. But I was a little let down by the final episode. Having time to think about it, I think that I was disappointed because the plot went against my expectations and not because it didn't make sense.

I knew that the serpent creatures would certainly return. There were just too many skeletons of them mofos all around the planet for them not to. I felt uneasy and a little let down about the way they did. I was expecting/wanting mother to have a badass half android half human offspring.

IMO the serpent offspring makes sense because firstly, it exposes a human bias. If a creature isn't humanoid in its form we automatically think it is inferior and far less intelligent. Only a few sci-fi stories confront this idea. As a serpent/worm-like creature we automatically think of it as base and stupid. Which contributes to the feeling of being let down.

Secondly, the serpent creature fits into the religious ideology/iconography of the show. Just as the serpent deceived Eve, the serpent deceived mother. Does this mean then that the serpent creature was somehow pulling all of the strings? Deceiving mother in the simulation, deceiving others and appearing as the deceased child that fell in the pit, deceiving the religious and pretending to be the voice of Sol? Didn't all of these things protect mother and ultimately lead to her conceiving the serpent?

Looking forward to season two...even if it may be two years away.

This highlighted part was in the back of my mind. Hopefully, season 3 doesn't become an Aliens spin off with a mindless worm monster looking to satisfy its appetite. Ridley worries me sometimes lol

I'd rather this show be it's own thing.

suga

Star
Registered
Liked the ending. She's impregnated by something on the planet wanting to bring back those serpents. The creature that tried to kill her knew what she was carrying. She was given a previous image of the last time an android gave birth foreshadowing her future. Now I want to know what killed those serpents and what's bringing them back.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
But would you bang Mother?
I like Tempest

Jordan-Loughran.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I will give it another shot. I couldn't get into it my first attempt.

I have no idea how to review this show

But the mother and father should have won awards for their performances

The entire show looked incredible and expensive as hell

I dont see the hype around this show

But there was a whole lot of WTF is going moments

a whole lot.

I mean I got it but still...

Overall it was an insane ride if you a hard-core sci fi fan like that.

I watched 2 episodes a night

I don't know if I would have stuck around on a weekly schedule.

But I'm really looking forward for season 2

But they could easily mess this whole thing up if they not careful.

Praise Sol

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This show was fucking insane and highly original. One of the most original Sci-fi projects that I’ve seen in a minute.

i have NEVER seen anything like this

not on THIS scale

THAT level of acting...

I mean maybe Battlestar reboot?

If you want to go depth and layers and acting across the board and writing and production value?

But even THAT

PALES in comparison to this just on sheer SCOPE.,

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
i have NEVER seen anything like this

not on THIS scale

THAT level of acting...

I mean maybe Battlestar reboot?

If you want to go depth and layers and acting across the board and writing and production value?

But even THAT

PALES in comparison to this just on sheer SCOPE.,

I agree with every word.
This show caught my attention and refuses to let it go. I have not seen storytelling this original in a very long time. It blends many previously explored sci-fi angles in a uniquely creative and unforeseen way.
So many mind twists and turns.

Can't wait to see what's in store for this upcoming season.