Rayshard Brooks dead after being shot in the back by Atlanta police

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
That's all that's needed for a cop to shoot you bruh.
You have been ignoring the law that's been posted here over and over.

It is ILLEGAL to shoot a fleeing suspect UNLESS he's about to kill/ seriously injure someone else RIGHT THEN.

Then they kicked him and stood on him while he was dying.

Those assholes are going to jail.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like I said in my first response, people are charged up about everything happening and aren't seeing things rationally. That's my opinion. Cops can do very little right at this point given the current climate.

Like I also said earlier... Google if taser can kill people. As a matter of fact Google if they are non-lethal... You'll find that they're less-lethal, but hey.. he was just running away.

Yes he was running away, and he also pointed a taser. He gathered the taser, turned around and kept running. Then he was shot.

And yes, a taser “Can” kill you. But the chances of that are slim. Cops would have more deaths smearing peanut butter on people because they’re allergic to peanuts.

And in my opinion the climate might have something to do with it, but as I’ve stated earlier in this thread. If the cops shot him during the tussle, there’s not much anyone myself included could say.

But they didn’t, they shot him after he pointed that massive murderous automatic shooting taser.:hmm:

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It is ILLEGAL to shoot a fleeing suspect UNLESS he's about to kill/ seriously injure someone else RIGHT THEN.

So you're saying that a taser (which is considered a less-lethal weapon) cannot cause serious bodily harm? He didn't run a mile after trying to shoot the taser at the cops. It was seconds and very few at that. The decision cost him his life. I'm not clear on why the same people who agree that he did everything wrong argue that the outcome should have been different. When cops feel threatened, they shoot. I thought that was understood in the black community. I don't like that any of this happened but the dude was wrong. What the cops did after they shot him was deplorable. We'll see how it plays out. At the end of they day, I'm not mad if the cops are convicted because the situation could have played out differently, but based on the video, I'd be very surprised based on the laws. All cop needs to say is that he reasonably feared for his life and that of his partner due to the suspects use of force to take his taser and use it against them (which the video shows). You will find out the legality of all this when it plays out

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes he was running away, and he also pointed a taser. He gathered the taser, turned around and kept running. Then he was shot.

And yes, a taser “Can” kill you. But the chances of that are slim. Cops would have more deaths smearing peanut butter on people because they’re allergic to peanuts.

And in my opinion the climate might have something to do with it, but as I’ve stated earlier in this thread. If the cops shot him during the tussle, there’s not much anyone myself included could say.

But they didn’t, they shot him after he pointed that massive murderous automatic shooting taser.:hmm:
How many miles did they chase him after he gathered the taser as you said? He was hit within 3 seconds (if that) of trying to shoot the taser at the cops. He just failed a breathalyzer, fought them, ran and attempted to use their taser on them.

Assaulting a cop can be a class C felony, then you factor in the rest... Anyway, we will see how this plays out. Like I said, I appreciate the perspectives but simply disagree.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How many miles did they chase him after he gathered the taser as you said? He was hit within 3 seconds (if that) of trying to shoot the taser at the cops. He just failed a breathalyzer, fought them, ran and attempted to use their taser on them.

Assaulting a cop can be a class C felony, then you factor in the rest... Anyway, we will see how this plays out. Like I said, I appreciate the perspectives but simply disagree.

Everything Rayshard did was wrong, he was shot in the back after pointing a taser.

That shouldn’t equal death.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Everything Rayshard did was wrong, he was shot in the back after pointing a taser.

That shouldn’t equal death.
I don't want any of my brothers and sisters to die so let's be clear that all of this is unfortunate. Rayshard made a horrible decision and it cost him his life. Fuck the cop for shooting him, but the cop will get off. You're caught up on them shooting him in his back but he is not an innocent victim here. His actions majorly contributed to the outcome.

People quoting laws about it being llegal to shoot someone in the back. Well if the person running has a weapon that can cause you bodily harm and they attempt to use it on you while running, it's no longer shooting someone in the back, it's called self defense. It looks wrong but is not. The laws support this, especially for cops!

The defense on this case would simply be... while the suspect was running away he turned around to use the taser which is classified a less lethal weapon and can cause bodily harm so my client felt that it was reasonable to protect himself and his partner. The suspect was drunk, has priors, resisted, physically assaulted and attempted to deploy a weapon.. It's a long list of what they can present in court.

You're presenting it as though he was frolicking through a garden and the cops murdered him for pointing a taser at a butterfly. I consider all factors before forming my opinion. You see it differently and I respect that. I think I've made the same point several times so I'll stop. For the record, if the cops go to jail, I'll sleep good at night. If he doesn't, I think I have a good idea why he got off.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't want any of my brothers and sisters to die so let's be clear that all of this is unfortunate. Rayshard made a horrible decision and it cost him his life. Fuck the cop for shooting him, but the cop will get off. You're caught up on them shooting him in his back but he is not an innocent victim here. His actions majorly contributed to the outcome.

People quoting laws about it being llegal to shoot someone in the back. Well if the person running has a weapon that can cause you bodily harm and they attempt to use it on you while running, it's no longer shooting someone in the back, it's called self defense. It looks wrong but is not. The laws support this, especially for cops!

The defense on this case would simply be... while the suspect was running away he turned around to use the taser which is classified a less lethal weapon and can cause bodily harm so my client felt that it was reasonable to protect himself and his partner. The suspect was drunk, has priors, resisted, physically assaulted and attempted to deploy a weapon.. It's a long list of what they can present in court.

You're presenting it as though he was frolicking through a garden and the cops murdered him for pointing a taser at a butterfly. I consider all factors before forming my opinion. You see it differently and I respect that. I think I've made the same point several times so I'll stop. For the record, if the cops go to jail, I'll sleep good at night. If he doesn't, I think I have a good idea why he got off.

I’ll say it for the third time, “Everything Rayshard did was wrong”.

But when the officer shot him, the officer’s life wasn’t in danger. That’s my opinion.

That’s really the bottom line and the only question that needs to be asked.

Was the officer’s life in danger when he shot Rayshard?

If you or the jury believe deadly force was needed at the moment Rayshard was shot, then the officer should go free.

If deadly force wasn’t justified at that moment Rayshard was shot, then the officer should go to jail.

It’s really that simple. :dunno:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
So you're saying that a taser (which is considered a less-lethal weapon) cannot cause serious bodily harm?
no, i am not saying that because that is not material to what occurred. the taser was useless.

the Supreme Court said that you cant shoot a fleeing suspect, and DA Paul Howard agrees.

DA Paul Howard said:
At the point when Rolfe shot Brooks, the district attorney said, the Taser had already been fired twice, which meant it was no longer effective at a distance and therefore "presented no danger to him or to any other persons."

please feel free to argue your beliefs with them.

as for me, i'll take their word over yours...cause youre trolling.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no, i am not saying that because that is not material to what occurred. the taser was useless.

the Supreme Court said that you cant shoot a fleeing suspect, and DA Paul Howard agrees.

That brother's up for Re-election tomorrow

Atlanta Brothas and Sistas need to come out and get him re-elected so he can keep his foot on these CAC's necks

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
District Attorney In Atlanta Wants Off Rayshard Brooks Case
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flipboard
  • Email
January 29, 20216:48 AM ET
JACLYN DIAZ
Enlarge this image
Newly elected Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is the Georgia's attorney general to give the Rayshard Brooks murder case to another prosecutor.
Kent D. Johnson/AP
In one of her first moves as the newly elected Fulton County district attorney, Fani Willis is asking for another prosecutor to take over a controversial felony murder case.
Willis sent a letter on Wednesday to Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr asking that he transfer the felony murder case against former Atlanta Police Officer Garrett Rolfe, who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks in June. Rolfe is white and Brooks was Black.
Willis says the case has to be moved out of her office due to the conduct of her predecessor, Paul Howard. His actions created a "sufficient question of the appropriateness of this office continuing to handle the investigation and possible prosecution of these cases," she wrote.
She says Howard's conduct, including using video evidence in a campaign television ad, may have violated a Georgia Bar Rule stating that a prosecutor in a criminal case should refrain from making "extrajudicial comments that have a substantial likelihood of heightening public condemnation of the accused."
Howard's conduct in office as well as his actions leading the Brooks' shooting case is already the subject of Georgia Bureau of Investigations review.

Willis is also asking to transfer an excessive force case involving six other Atlanta Police Department officers.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the contents of the letter Thursday. The newspaper said Attorney General Carr could assign the case to another district attorney in the state, but that they don't have to accept. Carr could also keep the case for his own office to handle or appoint a special prosecutor to take over, the paper said.
The Rolfe case is rife with tension already and any prosecutor who takes over the case would be under immense pressure.
Brooks death happened during a summer when racial tensions in the U.S. were high and protests over how police treat Blacks were happening across the country.
Rolfe and another officer, Devin Brosnan, responded to a call on June 12 that the 27-year-old Brooks was asleep in a Wendy's drive-through lane. After engaging with Brooks for more than 40 minutes, Rolfe and Brosnan tried to handcuff him.
Brooks was able to break away and grab an officer's taser. As Brooks ran, he fired it back at police. After a brief chase, Rolfe fired his service weapon at Brooks, shooting him twice in the back.
Rolfe was fired from the Atlanta Police force the next day. Attorney's for the former officer have previously claimed that his use of deadly force against Brooks was justified.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I was about to get very pissed with Atlanta but come to find out Atlanta didn’t have anything to do with this it was the Georgia state Attorney. This is bullshit
Also I just spoke to someone who works down there at the public safety building and they do not want him in that building so it’s going to be very interesting I think homeboy might resign really quickly

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
A black police chief does nothing to fix systematic racism which usually comes from people who feel you're beneath them on every possible level.

Keep in mind the Dallas Police Chief was black, and Amber Guyer killed Jean in his apartment and she was powerless to do anything, a measley 5 year sentence.

Keisha Bottoms isn't going to do anything, nor can she enact real change.

In their minds White>black and that can't be fixed by a black face in a high place, like Cornell West said to CNN. We've had plenty of educated blacks in high places but none can do anything to change the system if the system pays their bills.

I disagree.

The black police chief has a say in who gets promoted in their careers. So they have a hand in changing the system for the better.

The police officers arent software who follow their programming to the letter. Its not a "system" thats pulling the trigger, its a human police officer.

They are humans who make their own decisions.

You get the right humans in there, you will have better results.

Thats why i keep telling my folks, you want better policing, go become a cop, stop waiting for racists cops to "change".

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member

But when I said he would get off... I was trolling though.... :dunno:

Kwame Coltrane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also I just spoke to someone who works down there at the public safety building and they do not want him in that building so it’s going to be very interesting I think homeboy might resign really quickly

He will be on administrative leave until his trial is over. Keisha fired him the next day. They told her he would be eventually reinstated but she wanted the protests to stop.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I disagree.

The black police chief has a say in who gets promoted in their careers. So they have a hand in changing the system for the better.

The police officers arent software who follow their programming to the letter. Its not a "system" thats pulling the trigger, its a human police officer.

They are humans who make their own decisions.

You get the right humans in there, you will have better results.

Thats why i keep telling my folks, you want better policing, go become a cop, stop waiting for racists cops to "change".
Courts also have a say.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I guess the police and the labor board have more power than the Mayor :smh:
Well that depends on what form of government a municipality has. Some have direct control over the police department and others do not have direct control over the police department. Some towns have civil servants and others do not. On top of that the state has say so (courts, state boards, AG, etc...) over a municipality.

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
182039012_318128929676354_4412836580638437367_n.jpg

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member

• That in taking the Taser from Brosnan, Brooks gave Rolfe cause to "reasonably believe the suspect possesses a deadly weapon." He said under case law a Taser can be considered such a weapon.
  • That in the struggle with Brooks on the ground before he started running away, he had "overpowered" the officers and they "would have had reasonable belief he was an immediate threat of physical violence."
  • That the above two elements constituted probable cause to arrest Brooks believing he had "committed a crime... to involve infliction or threat of infliction of serious bodily harm."

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

• That in taking the Taser from Brosnan, Brooks gave Rolfe cause to "reasonably believe the suspect possesses a deadly weapon." He said under case law a Taser can be considered such a weapon.
  • That in the struggle with Brooks on the ground before he started running away, he had "overpowered" the officers and they "would have had reasonable belief he was an immediate threat of physical violence."
  • That the above two elements constituted probable cause to arrest Brooks believing he had "committed a crime... to involve infliction or threat of infliction of serious bodily harm."

So 3 things, if a taser can be considered a deadly weapon why don't they use it more often against armed suspects?!

Or is it that it is only considered deadly in the hands of a black man?

And lastly, didn't Brooks take the taser and toss it away? So he wasn't in possession of a deadly weapon when he was running away and SHOT IN THE FUCKING BACK!!!

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was accused of trolling by stating what the exact outcome was for the same reasons the police were acquitted. Never said what happened was right, but l already said what I said.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Why are you guys madder over this bullshit, and OK with the guy who got shot throwing his gun with his hands in the air, or the guy who was a child care worker laying on the ground with his hands up and still got shot? Folks choose your battle wiser it will go a lot further!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Fuck going to jail, he's dead!
Let me break it down really easily so you can understand.
Fire a taser at a man with a gun, and expect to get shot, it doesn't matter if that man is a cop, a crook, a midget, or a blind priest, just expect those bullets!
If you know the court favors the cops then this makes it twice as stupid, and sorry I have little fucks to give towards stupid people, my fucks are only towards hard-working innocent blacks, I'd leave the captain-save-da-dunce cape for those who have a better relationship with idiots!

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why are you guys madder over this bullshit, and OK with the guy who got shot throwing his gun with his hands in the air, or the guy who was a child care worker laying on the ground with his hands up and still got shot? Folks choose your battle wiser it will go a lot further!
Because its a clear violation of rights and denial of due process.

The CAC that stalked & hunted down those black elders in a Buffalo grocery store was apprehended without incident, as were so many others that look like him. :hmm:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Because its a clear violation of rights and denial of due process.

The CAC that stalked & hunted down those black elders in a Buffalo grocery store was apprehended without incident, as were so many others that look like him. :hmm:
So the guy who got shot with his hands up or the guy getting shot while working on the ground with his hands up isn't a violation of their rights?