RIP: John Amos, ‘Good Times’ and Emmy-nominated ‘Roots’ star, dies at 84, actor's publicist says.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GOOD TIMES.
LET'S DO IT AGAIN.
THE BEASTMASTER.
COMING TO AMERICA.
DIE HARD 2.
THE PLAYERS CLUB.
LOCK UP.

images
733f732e298b21649ac0dc7693a33648.jpg
JohnAmos-171.jpg
Fz0Csy_XoAA6uB3.jpg:large

diehard2_9.jpg
mgid:arc:imageassetref:bet.com:c66ed395-48db-11e7-a442-0e40cf2fc285
john_amos.jpg

Father. Hero. Villain. Saint. Sinner. Mentor.
All of the above are roles that John Amos portrayed in one form or another in his long and storied career.
And he was EXCELLENT in each & every one of those roles.

Thank you, Mr. Amos for all of the superb examples of Black masculinity, skill, knowledge and talent that you presented to us and made us and the world so much better for it.
RIP.

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I grew up in a single parent home.

John Amos was the strongest media image of a Black man from my era growing up.

He was (IMO) America's dad during that time.

His roles as older Kunta Kinte and Cleo McDowell were great too.

Rest Well!!

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
my favorite tv dad, because growing up...he was my dad
looked the same, acted the same, no-nonsense head of the family...even the same mannerisms
84 is a ripe old age, but still...seeing your childhood just fade slowly, person by person...

can't go without one of my favorite good times scenes...the cabin with judy pace...wish i had the full clip

r.i.p. mr amos

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What's so crazy Ms Jones spoiled it on the radio a few wks back but I didn't think anything of it thought it was a mistake smh

RIP to that man a legend

RIP to Charlie Hustle Pete Rose also
I know of that segment you are speaking of. Thought the same thing especially with other reports about his issues with his children. Thought it was just mixed info.
This the sh!t that blew me…like the 21st or the 24th.

Family must be very, very private.

It made me wonder how common a delay like this is for stars and people in general.
I remember there was dispute on when Doom died to with the dates.

I also remember the dispute with Queen Elizabeth too with when she really died.

my favorite tv dad, because growing up...he was my dad
looked the same, acted the same, no-nonsense head of the family...even the same mannerisms
84 is a ripe old age, but still...seeing your childhood just fade slowly, person by person...

can't go without one of my favorite good times scenes...the cabin with judy pace...wish i had the full clip

r.i.p. mr amos

Same here. The whole family mirrored mine with two sons and a daughter. I barely remember it in its original run, but watched it every day after school on TBS in early 90s.