RIP: John Amos, ‘Good Times’ and Emmy-nominated ‘Roots’ star, dies at 84, actor's publicist says.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
O M G

My fave TV DAD

Man its been a rough couple of weeks
for people you admire growing up.

Yall tell your family that you love them,
because you never know.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This the sh!t that blew me…like the 21st or the 24th.

Family must be very, very private.

It made me wonder how common a delay like this is for stars and people in general.

The family had issues over the last couple of years over his care. Remember last year when his daughter started a GoFundMe claiming that he was in the ICU and was a victim of elder abuse? While he did initially say that none of it was true, he later said that she was taking advantage of him and the police considered her the main suspect in the case. The case was later closed due to lack of evidence.

If all of that was true, I wouldn't doubt his son wanted to keep it all quiet for as long as possible to not cause more drama.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The family had issues over the last couple of years over his care. Remember last year when his daughter started a GoFundMe claiming that he was in the ICU and was a victim of elder abuse? While he did initially say that none of it was true, he later said that she was taking advantage of him and the police considered her the main suspect in the case. The case was later closed due to lack of evidence.

If all of that was true, I wouldn't doubt his son wanted to keep it all quiet for as long as possible to not cause more drama.