Should All Student Debt Be Cancelled?

Should All Student Debt Be Cancelled?

• Eliminate all student debt

• Eliminate all student debt for households earning less than $100,000 a year

• Eliminate some student debt for households earning less than $100,000 a year

• Eliminate all student debt for households earning less than the poverty line ($25,750 a year)

• Eliminate some student debt for households earning less than $25,750

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man, the amount of money that debt cancelation will prop up the economy will be ridiculous.

Men and women still carrying those college loan "mortgage payments" will be free to save or spend money helping the economy recover.

Speaking for myself since I still have loans in the 65K range, I would welcome a 50K student loan debt forgiveness in a heartbeat.

Biden better come through.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
I'm trying to figure out why the man who helped orchestrate the current student loan crisis would forgive student loans. This muthafucka has already said in interviews he has no empathy for the young. Biden not only did the crime bills but if I'm not mistaken he's the reason you can't write student loans off in bankruptcies. People who voted for this dude y'all really did the damn thing. I would not be surprised if this asshole raises the payments. For you bodybuilders out there his hands is also on the bill for sending your ass to jail for taking steroids. He also wanted to cut social security not once, not twice, not three times but four times.

Last edited:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm trying to figure out why the man who helped orchestrate the current student loan crisis would forgive student loans. This muthafucka has already said in interviews he has no empathy for the young. Biden not only did the crime bills but if I'm not mistaken he's the reason you can't write student loans off in bankruptcies. People who voted for this dude y'all really did the damn thing. I would not be surprised if this asshole raises the payments. For you bodybuilders out there his hands is also on the bill for sending your ass to jail for taking steroids. He also wanted to cut social security not once, not twice, not three times but four times.
I haven't read the crime bill in its entirety. I understand its consequences and outcomes. It's on my list of things to read, but know this - Bitch McConnell and some other Republicans thought the crime bill was TOO SOFT ON CRIME!!!!!! If it was up to them, how much worse would it all have been? This isn't in defense of the crime bill or Joe Biden, but the other side wanted to double down and make it worse for us. KNOW THAT. McConnell voted yes to get it out of committee and then no in the final vote. He did that to play politics at the time, because the Kentucky Fraternal Order of Police was against the bill.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Student Loan Debt is multi-faceted.....

For the 4 years i was at OSU the fee per credit hour more than doubled.... from $174 to $354 and that was with the in state discount .... some out of state mfkrs were and now are paying over $60K a year for that damn school.....

Mind you OSU brings in $$ Billions! Yes billions they have tons of grants for research and development in a wide array of fields. Partnerships with damn near every major player in all the indemand fields..

Profits from the football team (tickets, merch, TV rights....etc) is more than enough to cover the entire expenses for all of the other sports combined....(by the way basketball and women's volleyball are in the green significantly....possibly baseball and softball as well) last I checked OSU has over 60 different sporting activities....

Yet since 2001 tuition continues to rise.

These professors and schools get to have their own "editions" of textbooks....that have minor tweaks and changes year after year and between colleges....its crazy how big of a racket that shit is. So if OSU has their own editions of books that constantly "change" year after year, you can't get a used version from Barnes & Nobles / Amazon. Professors want you to have the "current" edition, cuz they get a cut out of all new sales.

Gotta reign in these costs....shit is ridiculous. Mfkrs getting sociology degrees leaving school with over $200K of debt....mfkrs getting jobs making $35k - $40k/ year they'll never pay that shit off! Haha

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I'll say what I've been saying for years.. Student loan debt should be dischargeable in a Bankruptcy. It doesn't make sense why I'm able to discharge a FHA housing loan worth 40K, but I can't discharge a Federal Student Loan worth 40k.
Biden should come in and push fixing the shit since as senator he fueled it with bills in 70s all the way up until 2005. Cocksucker was against letting people use bankruptcy for this shit and here we are. Like you said, no fucking reason why this shouldn't be able to go into bankruptcy right along with other debt.

Americans fucking kill me though. Expect the people who created their problems to fucking save them. Somehow all the college-educated voters let this happen. Now if that ain't fucking hilarious, I don't know what the fuck is. In a way, it's hard to feel sorry for SOME of these people.

Our government ain't shit for this though. :smh: But hey, as long as people can do folks like this and continue to have jobs for decades and get promotions, they going to do it.
Then business loans should be free, if you opt out of college and decide to start a business.
Jesus christ. Could you imagine if all these people were taking this money and starting businesses or buying property? Holy shit. :eek::eek::eek:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
make it under 250K per household and I'm for it.

Prorate it based on income 250 and under 100%
Every 25 or 50K up knock it down 90% 80% 70% etc. People making over 500K combined would just have to suck it up.

Good Plan, I would be down with this.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
make it under 250K per household and I'm for it.

Prorate it based on income 250 and under 100%
Every 25 or 50K up knock it down 90% 80% 70% etc. People making over 500K combined would just have to suck it up.
Dont even make it that complicated. Just knock 50% off every individuals student loan debt. That would be far easier and cheaper. Average debt amount is only around 35k.. This way everyone nets same savings percentage. It will also help lessen the complaints from the bitch ass crabs who are against relief all together. No one gets zeroed out but all get significant savings.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Being born into slavery and voluntarily borrowing money is the same thing?
If you want a degree in this country and are poor, there is nothing "voluntary" about borrowing that fucking money. You borrow or you try to find a good job in a given trade or low wage service industry. Period.

Alot of people- particularly blacks- have been engineered into conditions that result in us being unable to pay for education without these loans. The government and banks further fucked all citizens into providing easily accessible loans which resulted in the price of college sky rocketing starting in the 80s. This made it nearly impossible for the average high school grad to earn a college degree without taking out substantial loans... and again, this shit disproportionately hurts blacks who are largely 1st and 2nd generation college grads and are starting from scratch.

Whether you salty muthafuckas like it or not.. there will be student debt relief in some form in the very near future.. There is a looming crisis and there is literally no other reasonable option.... Nor should there be... Especially in a society where weve seen the fucking banks, auto industry, and mortgage frauds get taxpayer funded bailouts for scamming the public.. While people who committed the crime of seeking education and upward mobility get stuck burdened with student loan debt the system fucked them into taking on.

Oh, and you're too fucking stupid to understand that being born into slavery created a legacy where a shit ton of people who look like me were forced to get those fucking loans in order to have a shot at a college education.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I use to try and keep ahead on my loan, by making both principle and interest. It seemed like the principle never lowered. A couple of months ago, I said fuck it, I'll be dead and gone before this shit is paid off. Now I pay just the minimum, and I'm good with it.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You cursing like an emotional woman. You got too much feminine energy bro.

I don't argue with bitches.

Now, If you poor go to a college you can afford. Get academic scholarships. Do work study. Work part time.
Life is hard. That is true but that is your momma and your daddy's fault. They failed you. They had you with no plan.

Now if you do want to take out loans so you can live in a condo with a balcony all on student loans and you got Cs.

You gonna pay back what you owe. Nothing more to say.

Hopefully you got the degree you wanted. You are an adult and you should know what you signed.

If you want a degree in this country and are poor, there is nothing "voluntary" about borrowing that fucking money. You borrow or you try to find a good job in a given trade or low wage service industry. Period.

Alot of people- particularly blacks- have been engineered into conditions that result in us being unable to pay for education without these loans. The government and banks further fucked all citizens into providing easily accessible loans which resulted in the price of college sky rocketing starting in the 80s. This made it nearly impossible for the average high school grad to earn a college degree without taking out substantial loans... and again, this shit disproportionately hurts blacks who are largely 1st and 2nd generation college grads and are starting from scratch.

Whether you salty muthafuckas like it or not.. there will be student debt relief in some form in the very near future.. There is a looming crisis and there is literally no other reasonable option.... Nor should there be... Especially in a society where weve seen the fucking banks, auto industry, and mortgage frauds get taxpayer funded bailouts for scamming the public.. While people who committed the crime of seeking education and upward mobility get stuck burdened with student loan debt the system fucked them into taking on.

Oh, and you're too fucking stupid to understand that being born into slavery created a legacy where a shit ton of people who look like me were forced to get those fucking loans in order to have a shot at a college education.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Car loans should be forgiven too then? And mortgages.

Let me go to dental school take out mad loans. Become a dentist and have my loans forgiven!
Then I will get a loan for a Bentley and forgive that shit.
Then I want 2 houses and forgive those loans too.

:blush:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You cursing like an emotional woman. You got too much feminine energy bro.

I don't argue with bitches.
I think the bitch would be the one who finds that language offensive or harmful. Put your pussy away ho. If words hurt that easily i can imagine how you respond to aggressive discourse or conflict in person. Soft ass nigga. And you got the nerve to talk about someones parents who failed them..

Now, If you poor go to a college you can afford. Get academic scholarships. Do work study. Work part time.
Life is hard. That is true but that is your momma and your daddy's fault. They failed you. They had you with no plan.
Man, anyone reducing this serious matter down to bullshit oblivious rebuttals like this need not be taken seriously my man. Tuition at average 4 year institution has now surpassed 30k per annum...They are running a scam on these kids.. and this nigga talking about work study. You out of touch bitch you. You might as well tell niggas to pull they pants up too while you at it.