Star reporting Charlamagne raped a 15 year old girl

futureshock

Renegade of this atomic age
Registered

This is not gonna go away anytime soon...

In 2015, Charlamagne Tha God Admitted to Giving a Woman Spanish Fly and Having Sex While She 'Wasn't Coherent' [Updated]

Filed to:CHARLAMAGNE THA GOD
a3al3snmxh5yejoobwjf.jpg

Photo: Photo by Christopher Polk (Getty Images for MTV)

Photo: Photo by Christopher Polk (Getty Images for MTV)

Update: July 13, 2018, 4:26 p.m. EDT: Charlamagne’s spokeswoman reached out again to clarify that the incident described in the 2015 podcast happened 20 years ago. “He told the story then, but this should reflect that this happened in the late ’90s, 20 years ago,” she said in an email to The Root.

Earlier:

After a 17-year-old rape allegation resurfaced against popular radio host, Charlamange Tha God, an old clip of Charlamagne (born Lenard Larry McKelvey) talking about the incident with DJ Akademics began circulating again on social media. In the 2013 interview, McKelvey denies he ever slept with Jessica Reid, the woman who’s accused him of raping her in South Carolina when she was just 15 years old (McKelvey was 22).

McKelvey did admit to hosting the party where she was allegedly raped.

Now, another old Charlamagne recording has resurfaced, this one from 2015, in which McKelvey describes a separate incident involving another woman. In the exchange, which was recorded on the Brilliant Idiots podcast, McKelvey recounts giving a woman Spanish Fly and having sex with her while she was “wasted.” McKelvey also insists the sex was consensual, though he admits that his partner did not remember the encounter and wasn’t “coherent” at the time.

If the details as McKelvey lays them out in the podcast are true, the incident could be defined as rape, particularly if she wasn’t aware that the substance was in her drink—something which isn’t clear in McKelvey’s initial story, and which “Brilliant Idiots” co-host Andrew Shultz alludes to when McKelvey described the encounter to him.

The podcast episode itself is dedicated to discussing rape culture as a whole. Despite being recorded just three years ago, the conversation hasn’t aged well, with McKelvey and Shultz laughing throughout the discussion. During the podcast, McKelvey tells Shultz about a “scenario in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.”

“I got this girl real drunk, and I fu—we fucked,” McKelvey says before Schultz cuts him off.

“Just that sentence sound a little fishy,” Schultz interjects. “‘I got her drunk.’”

McKelvey continues his story, detailing how he went to “the sex store” to get Spanish Fly, which he then put into both of their E&J drinks. Once the girl got drunk, McKelvey says he had sex with her, adding that “a lot of my boys” also tried to come in and have sex with the woman (he says he turned them away).

“Running a train on her, that’s rape,” McKelvey says, laughing.

The next morning, however, McKelvey says the girl had no recollection of their sexual encounter, asking him what happened the night before. When he told her they had sex, McKelvey says the girl told him, “‘Well I’m just glad it was you.’”
“That’s a huge compliment man,” Shultz replied, sarcastically. “A girl says, ‘At least you raped me.’”

McKelvey insists that it wasn’t rape because he and the girl “had every intention of having sex” that night.

“So then why would you put the Spanish Fly [in her drink]?” Schultz asked.

“I was a freaky motherfucker. I’m still a freaky motherfucker,” McKelvey responds.

“Was she passed out?” Schultz presses.

“She wasn’t coherent, but she was up,” McKelvey says, adding, “like when you’re blacked out.”

The incident McKelvey describes is separate from the one involving Reid, because he later describes the woman as being white (Reid is black).

A spokeswoman, speaking on behalf of Charlamagne says the story is taken “out of context”:

Charlamagne and Andrew Schulz were actually discussing rape culture, which was a newer understanding at that time not usually discussed openly. All actions reflected upon during that conversation were consensual. Spanish Fly is not an illegal substance and at no point was it purchased or shared without consent.

She added that since the podcast aired three years ago, “Charlamagne has approached discussing rape culture in a radically different way,” citing a 2017 episode of The Breakfast Club in which he discusses how men are raised in rape culture.

On Thursday, South Carolina Solicitor Scarlett A. Wilson announced that McKelvey’s rape case would not be reopened because he and the state had already reached a plea agreement in the case.

As Billboard reports, in 2002, McKelvey pleaded guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor in return for the state dismissing the charge of criminal sexual conduct with a minor. Wilson made clear that the plea was negotiated because Reid, at the time, refused to cooperate with the prosecutor. In an interview with The Blast, Reid’s mother, Joslyn, admits she prevented her daughter from cooperating to “protect her daughter from suffering.”

“The prosecutor made this agreement because of the victim’s absence and the lack of evidence available at the time. While the tools and technology of justice have evolved, in cases involving personal violence, the State must have the witness to prosecute,” Wilson said in a statement. “Too often, the key witness will not come forward in support of criminal prosecution. Trying a tough case is no problem; trying an impossible case is not ethical.”

A petition has been launched this week calling for iHeartMedia, the company that runs the popular radio talk show,The Breakfast Club, which McKelvey cohosts, to fire him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegra...god-admitted-to-giving-a-woman-1827574672/amp

Darkworld

Carmen Hayes Is The GOAT
Registered
Fame aint worth it

If people knew most people sbusiness a lot of shit can be spun the wrong way..

That Elijah Muhammed chain is dope btw

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

hmmm so based on what charlamayne is sayin there was dna evidence vindicating him....

as far as the victim takin the case to supreme court did anyone confirm if that was true or not..

good chance he will survive this, but he is definitely not gonna be the same ol charlamayne

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
hmmm so based on what charlamayne is sayin there was dna evidence vindicating him....

as far as the victim takin the case to supreme court did anyone confirm if that was true or not..

good chance he will survive this, but he is definitely not gonna be the same ol charlamayne

see the big issue I have here is the DA NEVER mentioned DNA exonerating him...

I would think that is kinda important.

I also think any website that posts bullsh*t?

Should get a SERIOUS fine (ie gawker )and get punished by search engines always putting them like 10 pages back (ie rap genius)

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Should get a SERIOUS fine (ie gawker )and get punished by search engines always putting them like 10 pages back (ie rap genius)

Im not following what you are tryin to convey, you sayin if a website shows them papers charlamayne talkin bout,

they will get fined...?? I hope not Im curious as to how official these papers are..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Im not following what you are tryin to convey, you sayin if a website shows them papers charlamayne talkin bout,

they will get fined...?? I hope not Im curious as to how official these papers are..

No I'm saying I'm sick of bullshit on this sites.

If this Supreme Court thing is a lie they should get hit hard I'm talking ALL these sites.

the DA already came out out and spoke about the case being closed though.

But its the DNA part that is suspicious.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No I'm saying I'm sick of bullshit on this sites.

If this Supreme Court is a lie they should get hit hard I'm talking ALL these sites.

the DA already came out out and spoke about the case being closed though.

But its the DNA part that is suspicious.

well that paper work he says is coming out.. if it do, the legal eagles will be able to tell how valid it is..

oh and if that supreme court is bullshit then I feel what you sayin...

the shit muthafuckas do for views can be really fuckin pathetic sometimes...

but time will tell

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Prosecutors aren't doing plea deals if the have sufficient evidence. The young lady did a rape kit, so if there was evidence to be found on him believe they wouldn't have offered shit. In fact we know prosecutors routinely offer pleas deals when they know they don't have reasonable evidence to convict because they know majority of people don't have time or funds to defend.(Kaleel Browder) At that point, they have you in the system and it just goes downhill from there.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Prosecutors aren't doing plea deals if the have sufficient evidence. The young lady did a rape kit, so if there was evidence to be found on him believe they wouldn't have offered shit. In fact we know prosecutors routinely offer pleas deals when they know they don't have reasonable evidence to convict because they know majority of people don't have time or funds to defend.(Kaleel Browder) At that point, they have you in the system and it just goes downhill from there.

SO it seems then Lenard is innocent at least in the eyes of the law.

But I will just say this...

forget the continued f*ck sh*t that Envy and Lenard has said in the RECENT past about women...

Lenard's behavior SPECIFICALLY to the victim during this?

Has been f*cked up.

I don't want ANYONE wrongly accused or convicted.

But he admitted himself he didn't handle it well

and we got innocent guys who got cancelled JUST OFF THAT ALONE.

So I think this needs to be his LAST ONE.

most don;t even GET a first chance to f*ck up.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

forget the continued f*ck sh*t that Envy and Lenard has said in the RECENT past about women...

Has been f*cked up.

did you listen to last week's episode of Brilliant Idiots?...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Has been f*cked up.

did you listen to last week's episode of Brilliant Idiots?...

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Has been f*cked up.

Yeah, he definitely got too comfortable talking about the situation like it never happened. He was high on the whole speak your truth so nobody can use it against you and forgot there was an actual victim in all this.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah well it's alot of black chicks on other sites that want that dude gone...these chicks have set up petitions to get him off the BC and even have wrote letters to HBO to have his show cancelled.....

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
How did that chick manages to contact Star of all ppl.

Thr beast article reads as guilty and the chick was drunk. Add in the Spanish fly convo, the convo about his wife and it comes across like dude takes advantage of women under the influence.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
HAUNTED
Inside the Disturbing Rape Allegations Against Charlamagne Tha God, Hip-Hop Radio’s Biggest Voice
A woman has come forward to accuse Charlamagne Tha God of raping her when she was 15. It isn’t the only alleged incident he’s had to answer for this year.
AMY ZIMMERMAN
07.26.18 5:07 AM ET

Charlamagne Tha God, the popular Breakfast Club co-host, author, and MTV2 star, is used to talking about his come up.

His 2017 book, Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It, chronicles the rise of an “ex-felon from Moncks Corner,” boasting “that little boy on the dirt roads of Moncks Corner, South Carolina, is a grown-ass man now and has managed to realize all the dreams I had for myself.”

But not so hidden in Charlamagne’s (birth name: Lenard Larry McKelvey) rags-to-riches narrative is the story of a young woman named Jessica Reid. Reid, whose name has been inextricably linked to McKelvey’s since 2001, says the radio host raped her when she was 15. She also claims that McKelvey has continued to “violate” her by denying the sexual-assault allegation and offering up his own version of events to his many followers and fans.

A Berkeley County incident report from June 2001 details the alleged sexual assault. According to the report, police responded to the Short Stay Naval Recreational Center in Charleston, South Carolina, on June 9, 2001. There, Reid’s friend told deputies they had been given a drink that “tasted like soda.” She said she woke up to a man trying to kiss her. She then “found Reid, in the room across from where she was, naked and crying stating that she had been raped.” The two girls were subsequently transported to the Summerville Medical Center, a 45-minute drive away.

McKelvey, aka Charlamagne, was arrested on June 22 and served with a warrant for criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree. That warrant stated that “the Defendant, who is a twenty two year old adult male, did willfully, unlawfully and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen year old female child,” and that Reid had implicated McKelvey while at the Summerville Medical Center, where examinations corroborated the sexual assault. The warrant also revealed that the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office was initially contacted by Reid’s mother, Joslyn Sullivan.

According to the Blast, Reid was “uncooperative” with prosecutors during the case and, “as as a result, they felt a conviction of Charlamagne on the arrested charge would be impossible.”

the Blast that “she was trying to protect her daughter from suffering.” With the support of her mother, the now 32-year-old Jessica Reid is exploring her legal options and speaking out about the allegation.

Usually, McKelvey’s famous interview subjects are the ones in the hot seat. But in a 2013 video, the radio host addressed the sexual-assault charges against him—albeit in an interview favorably titled “Charlamagne Explains Being Accused Falsely of RAPE.” In the video, DJ Akademiks asks McKelvey how he “beat” the rape charge, to which he responds, “I didn’t do it.” He says that he was 20 years old when he threw the party (according to the arrest warrant, he was actually 22), and specifically recalls a girl who was in attendance: “She got drunk, high, whatever... something happened in the room with a couple of my dudes.” He insists that he had left at that point, continuing, “the next morning, I’m hearing she says she got raped.”

McKelvey says he was told at the time that his cousin was in jail for the sexual assault, so he went in to “talk to the detective myself.”

“I just told the detective, look, I take full responsibility for anything that happened in the house last night… nobody got raped.” He later learned that his cousin had never been arrested.

McKelvey claims he was arrested because police had no one else to pin the crime on: “So being that I went down there and took full responsibility, so, lock him up.”

“Whoever touched her, it wasn’t me,” he added. “I got, like, probation…something light.”

McKelvey told a similar story in his 2017 book, in which he wrote about the charge as a “turning point” in his life. “I rented a cabin at a place called Short Stay on Nearby Lake Moultrie and invited a whole gang of people to come over and party,” he wrote. “The night started off great—lots of drinking, smoking, dancing, and bullshitting. But at some point one of the girls passed out and when she woke up later that night, she claimed that some of the dudes at the party had sexually assaulted her. I wasn’t there at the time—I’d left to go get some weed—and when I finally heard about what had happened, the entire party had cleared out.”

“Apparently she’d gone into a dark room with some guys to have sex and when she’d started to protest, one of them said, ‘Relax, it’s Charlamagne.’” He then repeats the same story about going to the police station on behalf of his cousin, concluding, “The police did come and arrest me a few weeks later in connection to the assault. They took a couple of blood and hair samples but released me the same day. Eventually the criminal sexual charges were dropped.”

This month, however, the Blast reported that Reid was seeking legal representation and attempting to reopen her case. Reid’s mother, Joslyn, “says she and her daughter have already notified officials in Berkeley County about their intentions and requested information on the steps needed to go forward.” Joslyn also shared that she found the radio personality’s 2013 account of the alleged assault and subsequent charges “very hurtful.”

Sources “close to Reid” told the Blast that “she has also requested the DNA samples that Charlamagne provided during the investigation in 2001, claiming her family was never informed of the results from the blood work, and they believe the information in the samples could help their case.”

Berkeley County Solicitor Scarlett Wilson subsequently told the Blast that they are honoring McKelvey’s plea deal and cannot reopen the case; “[Wilson] admits the technology has evolved since 2001, but says the State is required by law to honor the agreement they made with Charlamagne and the case cannot be ‘resurrected.’” Wilson explained that the plea deal was negotiated due to the “victim’s absence and lack of evidence available at the time.”

On July 20, Reid wrote a letter to the South Carolina Supreme Court’s disciplinary counsel, charging, “I am filing a claim against the prosecution because they failed to defend and promote justice.”

The letter begins, “On June 8, 2001, I was drugged and Rape by defendant Lenard Larry McKelevey [sic] at a party that he invited me and my friend to. I was only 15 years old at the time… They did not even try to hold him responsible for Raping me. Instead, the State allowed McKelevey to plead guilty to Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor and agreed to dismiss the remaining charge which was Rape.”

“I was uncooperative at the time; traumatized on what happened to me.” Reid continues. “For many years, I have suffered because Lenard Larry McKelevey [sic] violated me. And, he continues to violate me on the radio, in his book and on social media. He jokes and laughs about drugging women and Raping them when they are incoherent.”

She concludes, “There have been some injustices with this case and we are fighting for it to be corrected.”

An online petition created by someone claiming to be Reid’s mother calls for McKelvey to be fired from the Breakfast Club. The petition reads, in part, “On June 8, 2001, I received a phone call that my daughter had been raped! I can’t express to you the fear and pain that I felt on that early morning… He took a plea to Contributing To The Delinquency Of A Minor with 3 years’ probation. Jessica didn’t testify because I felt she was already suffering enough at that time, and I didn't want her hurt anymore. I wanted to protect her from it all! For 17 years Jessica has suffered and her family as well. The case must be reopened for justice to be served!”

“He must take full responsibility for drugging and raping Jessica when she was 15 years of age… No matter how much money, fame, and fortune one may have you are not exempt from justice.”

In early July, McKelvey’s alleged victim came forward in a video interview which has since been taken down (the interviewer, radio host Troi Torain aka “Star,” reportedly received a letter from McKelvey’s legal team). Reid, who called in to share her story, says during the interview, “I want people to know who [McKelvey] really is… I just want closure in the whole situation. It’s been over 15 years now and I’m still dealing with it. I go to counseling for it, at one point I was on medication. It’s something that is with me to this day. And I really just want to put it behind me. And it’s hard to do that when you see this person on TV. He’s everywhere!”

Reid told Torain that she collapsed at the party in 2001 after finishing a drink that McKelvey made her. She also said that she and McKelvey had built a friendship by that point, and that he had picked her and her friend up that day. “I don’t want that man’s money, I don’t want nothing from him,” she insisted. “I just want people to know who he really is. He’s a liar.”

Reid relayed her story in even greater detail to Hollywood Life, recalling, “I don’t know how long I was laying there for, but then Charlamagne came in the room. He opened the door, came in, then closed the door. He got on that bed and started taking my clothes off. Meanwhile, I’m still at a state where I can’t move and I can’t do anything. I’m just lying there, but I was crying. I know he saw me crying. He knew I was crying and whimpering and he started talking to me. It was so gross and weird. He started talking to me saying, ‘Didn’t I tell you I was going to take care of you? You don’t have to worry about nothing, I got you.’ He took my clothes off and then he had sex with me, but that’s not all he did. He actually had oral sex with me, as well. And then he left the room and I’m just lying there in the room.” Reid also cited the 2013 interview in which McKelvey denies the allegations as a catalyst for coming forward, saying, “I saw him try to discredit me and I believe assassinate my character. It’s an important part of my healing process to speak out.”

McKelvey has reportedly “lawyered up” since Reid came forward, hiring attorneys Marty Singer and Michael Weinstein. In a statement, Weinstein told TMZ that, “More than seventeen years ago, Charlamagne was accused of a sexual assault. He never had sexual relations or any physical contact with the accuser and even provided DNA to prove it. At the time of these claims, Charlamagne cooperated fully with authorities, and after the investigation, this charge against him was dropped. Charlamagne has spoken about this many times over the years in public, including in his book. While Charlamagne has empathy for all sexual assault victims, he cannot take responsibility for a crime he did not commit.”

McKelvey has recently had to answer for a separate incident, too. In a 2015 video resurfaced on social media, he describes putting the aphrodisiac Spanish Fly in a woman’s drink and having sex with her while she was “drunk as shit” and “wasn’t coherent.” The woman had no recollection of their sexual encounter the next morning, he said. A spokeswoman for the radio host saidof the video, “All actions reflected upon during that conversation were consensual. Spanish Fly is not an illegal substance and at no point was it purchased or shared without consent.” She also emphasized that the incident happened in the late ‘90s, “20 years ago.”

On Monday, McKelvey addressed the video himself on his podcast The Brilliant Idiots. “Back in 2015, I attempted to have a dialogue about rape culture with an emphasis on the role men play, and a clip was pulled from that conversation, and I can honestly say that I communicated that all wrong,” he offered. “I totally understand why y’all on my ass, and you have every right to be. I didn’t handle that conversation in the right way.”

“For the record,” he continued, “In 1997, I was having consensual sex with a young lady after we went to the sex store. Key word ‘we.’ And got Spanish fly, which is an aphrodisiac… we were both aware that we were gonna put this in a bottle of brandy.”

“I didn’t explain that situation well at all back in 2015, because the way social media took it was that I was confessing to drugging and having sex with an incoherent woman. That wasn’t the case,” he insisted. “We had consensual sex and then we both passed out, ‘cause we were both wasted.”

“I didn’t take advantage of anyone, and I want to apologize to anyone who was triggered by that story.”

The six-minute-long apology concluded, “I look forward to using my platform more responsibly to bring healing to victims and to just being a better ally.”

But that isn’t the only old interview that has McKelvey doing damage control. In a recently resurfaced Breakfast Club clip, McKelvey claims, “It’s a lot of things that guys did especially when we were young that were rape that we just didn’t consider rape.”

To illustrate his point, he talks about an incident with his wife when they were still dating. “Me and my wife dated for a whole year, she would not give me no pussy,” he says. “Me and my wife hung out one Saturday night and she got sloppy drunk and passed out in my momma’s house and I got that pussy. She was fucking me back and all that but she was really drunk. I asked her yesterday, ‘Yo, did I rape you the first time we ever had sex?’ And she goes, ‘I mean in hindsight, yeah…’”

On Tuesday’s edition of the Breakfast Club, McKelvey called his wife up to address the old clip and new controversy. He contextualized the story by explaining that he and his wife were having a conversation inspired by a headline they had seen, asking if drunk sex was rape. “So my wife and I were discussing it, because the first time we had sex we were super young and super, super drunk,” he recalled. “So I asked her, did she consider that consensual sex based off the conversation that was happening online?” He insisted that the clip that had been circulating cut off before the conclusion of the conversation: “She told me yea, I can see how people would say that, but that’s not what happened with us, it’s not like I said no.”

“Talk to the people, baby,” McKelvey urged his wife while on the line. “Did I rape you the first time we had sex with each other?”

“You need to learn how to tell stories,” she responded. “You shouldn’t have used the word rape, first of all, cause the conversation that we were having is about rape culture.”

“That’s not what went down,” she continued. “We both know what happened, and I was not passed out, I was very coherent. Like enough for me to lift up my hips so you could take my panties off.”

“I should have never used the term rape so loosely,” McKelvey agreed.

McKelvey has an HBO interview series, The Gray Area With Charlamagne Tha God, premiering this year, and a new book slated for October. A separate petition calling for him to be fired from the Breakfast Club is just a few hundred supporters away from its 20,000 goal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How did that chick manages to contact Star of all ppl.

Thr beast article reads as guilty and the chick was drunk. Add in the Spanish fly convo, the convo about his wife and it comes across like dude takes advantage of women under the influence.

that article is DAMNING and they using his GOVERNMENT too...

funny thing is...

you know what participating in him getting caught up in this mess besides his inability to deal with women properly?

Black Privilege. (pun intended)

Lenard thought because he was black he was popular he had money he had iheart radio he was male

he could say all this "speak your truth" sh*t with no repercussions

Not realizing he aint Oprah he aint Barkley he aint Will Smith...

He is CTG a radio jock.

I salute all his success beyond that..

but having all these YouTube followers and white folk with big money behind you don't automatically ENDEAR you to people.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN cuz!!!

ESPN SCRUBBED the internet of that hotel room tape of that sportscaster woman who was stalked

the INTERNET.

I know back in the day maybe some money and a few well placed threats could hide stuff...

but I am wondering is there a situation COMPATIBLE to Lenard

where POWERFUL companies took invested in a Black man like that and did EVERYTHING in their power to save him?

and it was THIS OBVIOUS?

Who in the hell in the 80 and early 90s can you name who was REALLY worth that or had that happen?

Male or female?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN cuz!!!

ESPN SCRUBBED the internet of that hotel room tape of that sportscaster woman who was stalked

the INTERNET.

I know back in the day maybe some money and a few well placed threats could hide stuff...

but I am wondering is there a situation COMPATIBLE to Lenard

where POWERFUL companies took invested in a Black man like that and did EVERYTHING in their power to save him?

and it was THIS OBVIOUS?

Who in the hell in the 80 and early 90s can you name who was REALLY worth that or had that happen?

Male or female?
more than you can imagine

you have to keep in mind that pre internet - Star wouldn't have an independent platform and we would never hear of this girl
if by chance a reporter wanted to run the story advertisers would quash it by threatening to pull advertising

entertainment automobile cigarette drug companies buried stories pre internet very easily or spun whole fantasy

On the smallest scale of how it was done: just look at Michael Jordan's "flu game" or how any stories about his gambling were spun

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
more than you can imagine

you have to keep in mind that pre internet - Star wouldn't have an independent platform and we would never hear of this girl
if by chance a reporter wanted to run the story advertisers would quash it by threatening to pull advertising

entertainment automobile cigarette drug companies buried stories pre internet very easily or spun whole fantasy

On the smallest scale of how it was done: just look at Michael Jordan's "flu game" or how any stories about his gambling were spun

damn...great points

that would make a DOPE book or documentary.

thanks cuz.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
as someone who associated with entertainers (before and during social media)

I wanted to know

back in the day

did labels have the power to "influence" certain media to suppress a story?
Yeah, some did. If you ran a story that they didn't like, they refused you access to their biggest stars. Kinda like what this WH does.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, some did. If you ran a story that they didn't like, they refused you access to their biggest stars. Kinda like what this WH does.

interesting that you don't really see that in sports, or am I wrong?

I know athletes have REFUSED to speak to a SPECIFIC reporter...

but overall aren't they CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to talk

#marshawn

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exclusive: Charlamagne Tha God’s DNA Tests From Closed Rape Case Revealed, “Spanish Fly” Sex Partner Sets Record Straight
Posted on 2 hours ago - By Bossip Staff
30 Comments

1 of 4

Image via John Lamparski/Getty Images

Charlamagne Tha God’s DNA Test Showed No Match To Alleged Victim
The recent resurfacing of sexual assault allegations against Charlamagne Tha God have left many to ponder whether or not the Breakfast Club’s architect of aggravation was something far worse than just a brash habitual line-stepper.

This week on both The Breakfast Club as well as his Brilliant Idiots podcast, Charlamagne addressed the allegations surrounding not only his alleged rape of a 15-year-old girl, but his own explanation of “raping” his now wife the first time they had sex, in addition to an incident where he previously recounted getting drunk and taking “Spanish Fly” with a former sex partner head-on.

Today, BOSSIP exclusively obtained the official police documents that state that neither Charlamagne’s DNA nor sperm was found after he voluntarily agreed to submit both semen and blood samples to police for comparison to the alleged victim, Jessica Reid.

Because no traces of blood or saliva were found on Jessica, there was “no analysis performed” on either party.

The police also have on record that Charlamagne spoke to them about this case voluntarily without a warrant or a lawyer present and fully agreed to cooperate with their investigation. You can see those on the next page.

PREVIOUSNEXT PAGE
1of 4
Categories: For Your Information, Multi, News

FROM THE WEBPowered by ZergNet

The Truth About Tessa Thompson's Relationship With Janelle MonaeNickiSwift.com

The Real Reason You Never Hear From Blu Cantrell AnymoreNickiSwift.com

Selena Gomez Breaks Beyonce's Instagram Record With This PhotoToofab.com

Celebrities Who Went Missing and Were Never FoundGrunge.com

The Untold Truth of Grace VanderWaalNickiSwift.com

Destiny's Child's Michelle Williams Makes Surprising RevealHuffingtonpost.com

David Bowie's Daughter Grew Up to Be StunningNickiSwift.com

Bobby Brown's Tribute To Daughter Bobbi is HeartbreakingBET.com

MORE STORIES FROM BOSSIP

COMMENTS

Remember Me??? Mindless Behavior’s Ray Ray Is A Papi Now, With Curls Down To His Elbows

Ex-Friend Files: Erica Mena Shadily Slams Draya Michele’s Acting Skills—& Draya Claps Back With THIS

Guess The Cakes By The Ocean

logo-tmz.jpg

YOU MAY LIKE

Malia and Sasha's Stunning Fashion Since Leaving the White HouseTheList.com

Admired Musicians Who Were Awful PeopleGrunge.com

The Real Reason La La is Leaving Carmelo AnthonyNickiSwift.com

How the Cast of 'Black Panther' Should Really LookLooper.com

Trump Administration Declares Reunification Deadline Was Met