Star reporting Charlamagne raped a 15 year old girl

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Petition Demands Charlamagne Tha God's Firing From 'The Breakfast Club' After Rape Allegations Resurface
charlamagne-tha-god-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Charlamagne Tha God at the MSNBC: Hip Hop and Politics panel during Politicon at Pasadena Convention Center on July 30, 2017 in Pasadena, California.
Joshua Blanchard/Getty Images for Politicon
A woman who accused the
popular radio personality of rape in 2001 when she was 15 says she is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case.

The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne Tha God (born Lenard Larry McKelvey) is facing pressure over a 17-year-old rape allegation with a new petition demanding his firing from the popular iHeartMedia radio show.

A Care2 petition launched Wednesday (July 11) had more than 1,700 supporters at time of publishing, claiming it was in support of Jessica Reid, who accused McKelvey of rape in 2001. It follows a report by The Blast from Tuesday, where Reid and her mother told the website the now-32-year-old is seeking legal representation and wants to reopen a criminal case against McKelvey.

Reid was only 15 when she first brought the allegations against McKelvey. Her mother, Joslyn, told The Blast that at the time, she was trying to protect her daughter from suffering and stopped the teenager from cooperating in the prosecution.
McKelvey was ultimately found guilty of a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and was sentenced to three years of probation.

Reid now says that she is looking for closure on the incident.

South Carolina -- where the incident took place -- has no statute of limitations on criminal prosecution.

According to a 2001 police report from the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, Reid and a friend claimed to have been picked up and brought to a short-stay Naval housing facility and given a liquid to drink that tasted like soda. That was the last thing Reid's friend said she remembered before waking up with a man trying to kiss her. She claimed to have forced the man away and went to find Reid, who was in the room across from where she was, naked and crying, stating she had been raped. The girls were brought to a local hospital, where staff corroborated that a sexual assault had occurred and took a statement implicating McKelvey as the assailant.

Nearly a month later, McKelvey -- who was 22 at the time -- was arrested for criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the second degree, specifically, "willfully, unlawfully and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen year old female child."

McKelvey has previously discussed the charges against him. In an interview with DJ Akademiks, he said he had thrown the party where the alleged rape took place but left early. He said that he spoke to police following the incident, since it had been his party, but since they didn't have any other suspects they pinned it on him -- and that is why they reduced the charges.

Billboard reached out to McKelvey's rep but did not receive a response at press time.

"We want to send a powerful message to all of the people who like to prey on innocent children that it's not going to happen on our watch," states the petition. "No matter how much money or influence you have, we will not allow you to hurt our children."

McKelvey co-hosts the nationally syndicated iHeartMedia program The Breakfast Club and recently interviewed Kanye West in a high-profile video released ahead of the artist's Ye album. His new book, Shook One: Anxiety Playing Tricks on Me, is scheduled for release in October via Simon & Schuster, following his New York Times bestseller Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It.

iHeartMedia declined to comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...rges-resurface-petition-firing-breakfast-club
This is MSNBC ?? Ahh shit

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Something tells me this a'int about no money, she will make major bread thru spreading her story also if major outlets pick it up. This is about a nigga getting too big for his britches and pissing the wrong people off. One thing I know is that when these entertainment entities give you major bread, they always have dirt on you for when you get outta line. Smartly Charlamagne tried to expose it before it came outta nowhere, but he did not tell the truth in doing so. A lot can be said about Star, good and bad, but trust me he knows what the fuck he is doing. Shit is playing out exactly the way he knew it would and he probably has the big Joker. Pretty good breakdown of why he is fucked by this sister.

The way this broke it down :smh:

If he survives this I'll be shocked. He downplayed everything.

And his lawyer keeps talking about DNA proves he didn't have sex with her, but part of his plea was he admitted to having sex with her :smh:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And his lawyer keeps talking about DNA proves he didn't have sex with her, but part of his plea was he admitted to having sex with her :smh:

I don't know much about this case but I do know that Plea deals aren't much about the truth. Its about closing cases and putting folks in jail. Makes the numbers look good.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

LEGALLY?

Its done.

Now lets see if the #metoo court of public opinion will give this a pass

cause they inconsistent as f*ck

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah niggas keep killing me with this the DNA proved it nonsense. Nowhere in any documents or from the mouth of the prosecutor was that ever said. The DNA had nothing to do with it. Probably was not even tested based on the time frames.

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Young lady who is obviously a lawyer explains it better than I could on youtube. I have a pretty good bit of legal knowledge as I used to be married a lawyer (don't ever do it). Any lawyers here feel free to expound.

"DNA was not a factor in this case because they didn’t prosecute based on DNA but on evidence of a sexual assault. It was sexual assault because the girl was not in a condition to give consent. He wasn’t charged with rape. He was charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor and on that charge, he got a disposition of “Noelle prosequi”. "Nolle Prosequi means the prosecutor has decided not to prosecute you on the charge. This sometimes happens when the prosecution feels that their case is weak (there are other reasons as well). It's similar to a dismissal, but the prosecution can still bring the charge again within the statute of limitations (often 1 year in Virginia). That may happen if they get more evidence to support the charge." He was not found not guilty and the charges were not dismissed. He was NOT exonerated by DNA. The victim was uncooperative and the DA chose not to prosecute but they left themselves the option to reopen the case should she start cooperating within a certain amount of time. That’s EXACTLY what the DA said: “South Carolina law is clear that once a defendant enters plea negotiations and a plea agreement is accepted by the court, due process requires the State to honor the agreement,” wrote Wilson, who became the 9th Circuit Solicitor in 2007. “We are duty-bound to honor the agreement in this case. “The State’s prosecution has ended, and the dismissed charge against Mr. McKelvey will not be resurrected.” In 2001, a then-22-year-old McKelvey was accused of “willfully, unlawfully and feloniously engage in penile/vaginal intercourse with a fifteen year old female child” at a party he threw in Summerville, according to the indictment. The indictment describes how a friend of the 15-year-old found her in a “room ... naked and crying, stating she had been raped.” After calling 911, the girls were taken to an area hospital where the “staff corroborated that a sexual assault had occurred.” McKelvey was soon arrested and charged. However, the case failed to move forward, and “the plea was negotiated because the alleged victim in the matter did not cooperate with the prosecutor,” Wilson said. According to Wilson, the plea deal was made because of the girl’s “absence.” The girl’s mother recently said she was the reason why her daughter stalled the case."

"Kingston Hawke, go on a computer and watch the video you are commenting on so you can see the actual paperwork. You are quoting from Charlemagnes version of the story when you said he turned himself in. He was arrested on a warrant. He also got three years conditional probation. You should really familiarize yourself with the established facts for a better understanding. The case wasn't prosecuted based on DNA, nowhere in the paperwork does it say anything about DNA or semen, which it would've if that had been the basis for the charge. The indictment doesn't have any language about DNA or genetic markers and it DEFINITELY would have if that had been the basis for the indictment. The charge was based on the condition the police observed those two minors to be in. They could not give consent in that condition and any evidence of sexual intercourse, including spermicide from a condom, would have been evidence of a sexual assault. According to the paperwork, the hospital found evidence of a sexual assault and when the apartment complexes management let police in, they found more evidence to corroborate the girls' story, including the victim's bracelet in a bedroom next to the bed. And I do have a reeeeeeaaaaaalllly reaallllly good idea how the legal system works, lmao."

Another lawyer chimes in "

"If the agreement was contingent on them not reopening the case, then they don't have room to reopen the case, arguably speaking. Jessica could appeal this decision on various grounds. I wonder why he wasn't actually indicted for rape, though, in light of the police reports. The police report clearly described forcible rape, yet the indictment was for "statutory rape". I'd say that there was prosecutorial mishandling of this case from its inception, but prosecutorial discretion probably allowed it."

Her response:

Kwame- I am wondering the same thing. The other thing that really struck me was Star didn’t have this in the video and I hadn’t heard about this till I read the article: “The indictment describes how a friend of the 15-year-old found her in a “room ... naked and crying, stating she had been raped.” After calling 911, the girls were taken to an area hospital where the “staff corroborated that a sexual assault had occurred.” It makes absolutely NO sense that he basically got a child molestation charge for this.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As I said dude got issues. Started reaching out to his people.

hmmmm.....

unfortunately I CANNOT give this good brother an hour of my time on Lenard.

edit I gave him about 15 min not bad at all its about WAY MORE than Lenard situation

Last edited:

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hmmmm.....

unfortunately I CANNOT give this good brother an hour of my time on Lenard.

edit I gave him about 15 min not bad at all its about WAY MORE than Lenard situation

That's all you needed to hear. Basically text him yesterday trying to explain his side. The heat is on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's all you needed to hear. Basically text him yesterday trying to explain his side. The heat is on.

I actually thought this was DONE.

And I think Boyce hit one thing PERFECTLY.

When he tried to EXPLAIN...

Lenard called that young woman a bitch.

He broke rule 1080...

do NOT piss off a Black woman who ALREADY gave yo ass a pass.

funny thing is...Lenard whole career was BASED on doing little "bitch" this like this on the air.

f he had NOT called her out her name appeared contrite and remorseful, no snark no jokes just humble?

This ALL probably would NOT have happened

Also funny how Lenard was JUST dissing Ak and his whole platform a few weeks ago...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Angela Rye Defends “Brother” Charlamagne Tha God After Rape Accusations
News Stacy-Ann Ellis @stassi_x | July 16, 2018 - 1:57 pm
EMAIL
TWEET
REDDIT
charlamagne-tha-god-angela-rye-1531760039
CREDIT: Getty Images
Charlamagne Tha God, one of media’s most outspoken voices, is currently in hot water. However, this time the controversy isn’t surrounding something he said, but rather a resurfaced rape allegation that several want him held accountable for. Reports allege that nearly 20 years ago, The Breakfast Club host sexually assaulted a teenage girl at a party. He has denied these claims, but did plead guilty back then to contributing to the delinquency of a minor by providing the alcohol in an underage environment. Charlamagne served three years probation and the assault charges were eventually dismissed due to lack of DNA evidence.

However, people aren’t letting it go that easily, and are looking to his famous friends to address the issue and admonish him publically. One of those such “friends” was Angela Rye. Rye, a frequent Breakfast Club guest, was pressed by social media commenters to speak on the nature of his alleged crimes.

Beneath a photo of her recent Woman Evolve Conference panel appearance in Denver, one commentator wrote, “Angela are you going to speak on your friend Charlagmagne allegedly drugging then raping a 15-year-old girl years ago. I know you speak up for black women being respected but for some reason your kinda quiet on this subject. I hope you don’t let it slide and hope for it to go away…..I’m just thinking out loud.”

In her response, Rye not only defended his assertion of innocence based on the lack of physical evidence but also made it clear that she’s not in the business of rooting for a woman to “come up” on an innocent black man.

“Since you opted to post about TWO different incidents and described neither of them accurately on my Jesus conference post, sure. My BROTHER is neither a molester nor a rapist. He never drugged anyone. He never touched the girl,” Angela wrote. “Read more about the incident from 2001 in his book Black Privilege and note that he regrets having a party where underaged folks where [sic] drinking when he was young and dumb (that’s the ONLY thing he pled to…why? Because there was no physical evidence connecting him to the girl. Why? Because he never touched her. I truly pray for her piece of mind. Truly. However, she will not ‘come up’ on my brother off a lie. I stand for truth before I stand for anything else. God bless you and your family.”

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
black victim...story will be buried

even if it could bring down a 'black' man charlamayne got just as many haters as he do fans..

I dont know what is going on with this past sexual assault.

some sayin the dna proves he wasnt there, some sayin it placed him there..

I dont know what the hell is goin on,

I wonder if he never mentioned it in his book, would it be the issue it is right now??

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
apparently he did...although the details might vary...angela rye mentioned it while plugging his book as she defended him smh

no what Im sayin is if he never mentioned it in his book,

would the victim of the assault, feel the need to want to press charges..

I think in the interview she gave by star she alluded to that, sayin somethin like he talks about it or he is profiting from her pain or somethin of that nature...

so Im sayin if he never bought it up would she have bought it up..
even though somethin is tellin me, star was reading his book and he initiated this

I find it odd that after the interview he said he will call her in a couple of days...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
no what Im sayin is if he never mentioned it in his book,

would the victim of the assault, feel the need to want to press charges..

I think in the interview she gave by star she alluded to that, sayin somethin like he talks about it or he is profiting from her pain or somethin of that nature...

so Im sayin if he never bought it up would she have bought it up..
even though somethin is tellin me, star was reading his book and he initiated this

I find it odd that after the interview he said he will call her in a couple of days...

oh my bad...interesting point...almost as if he’s somewhat profiting off her pain

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
even if it could bring down a 'black' man charlamayne got just as many haters as he do fans..

I dont know what is going on with this past sexual assault.

some sayin the dna proves he wasnt there, some sayin it placed him there..

I dont know what the hell is goin on,

I wonder if he never mentioned it in his book, would it be the issue it is right now??

Charlamagne made sure he didn't ever piss off or go at white people. So they just profit off him. He just spent a decade pissing off black people.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Charlamagne made sure he didn't ever piss off or go at white people. So they just profit off him. He just spent a decade pissing off black people.

He tries to balance it out he called out a few

Cacs...

I know what you are saying there was a time he was super coonish. But he appears to have shed some of that coonery

But don't quote me because I don't follow the breakfast club like that....

Only what gets posted here...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bwhahahhahaahhaahahaaaaa

angela yee blew up envys spot, he said he got so drunk...

he dont know what he did one night...

angela said.. he was dancing to dancehall or some shit, then she said you was twerking..

envy was talkin then he realized what she said and was like... I was twerkin:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:??"

yo Im cryin right now...

they say alcohol brings out the real you.....:lol:

envy had the look on his face like.. I know this is not gonna be the end of this.

and angie said she got footage...:lol:

around seven minutes and four seconds ....

watch envys reaction when he realizes what angie is sayin...:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://madamenoire.com/1033590/charlamagne-admits-first-sexual-experience-with-his-wife-was-rape/

Charlamagne Admits First Sexual Experience With His Wife Was Rape

20 hours ago | By Veronica Wells

charlamagne-feat1.jpg

Last week, we reported about the conviction in Angela Rye’s defense of her “brother” Charlamagne. In an Instagram post, she wrote: “My brother is neither a molester or rapist.”

Angela Rye certainly took a risk. Not only because no one can claim to have been with Charlamagne every step of the way but more importantly his own recollections about his interactions with women point to someone undeniably rapist behavior. There was the woman he admitted to giving Spanish Fly to, in order to have sex with her—much like Bill Cosby. The allegations from a woman who claimed Charlamagne raped her when she was 15 and he was 22. Now another interview about his first sexual encounter with his wife has resurfaced.

In it, Charlamagne outright admits that the two of them both agree he raped her the first time they had sex.

‘I keep telling’ y’all. I’ve told y’all this over and over. It’s a lot of things guys did especially when we were young that were rape that we just didn’t consider rape. I’m married to my wife. Me and my wife dated for a whole year, she would not give me no pussy. Me and my wife hung out one Saturday night and she got sloppy drunk and passed out in my momma’s house and I got that pussy. She was f*cking me back and all that but she was really drunk. I asked her yesterday, ‘Yo, did I rape you the first time we ever had sex?’ And she goes, ‘I mean in hindsight, yeah…’

I believe Charlamagne when he says that he didn’t consider the things he did to women rape. And just because his wife decided to marry him after their first sexual encounter doesn’t mean that she was the first or last woman to experience this type of violation at his hands or that other women didn’t walk away from a sexual experience with him feeling abused and traumatized.

More than anything, this should serve as a warning for other women. Don’t speak for men. Even if you know and love them. You weren’t there. You don’t really know. The most you can offer as a supporter of someone accused of something like this is to say, this is not who I know him to be. But in this case with Angela Rye, her defense is null and void when the accused and his wife are willing to call a thing a thing.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
wait...WHAT?!?!??!

Charlamagne tha God sorry after comments about sex with drunk woman

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/24/char...546.1801984520.1532487127-35068929.1532487127

...an HBO spokesman told me: “HBO is taking a serious look into the information that just surfaced.” That newly surfacing info is from an episode of “The Brilliant Idiots” podcast from three years ago, when Charlamagne told how, as a young man, he “got this girl real drunk,” gave her the aphrodisiac Spanish fly and had sex with her.