Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st episode, was dope! I was entertained, I'm not as well-versed as many of you guys in here. I have (and will have) some questions, that I will hold onto until the end of this season.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man that first season two episode was dope as hell.

Only compliant I may have is how the Krayt Dragon looked. More shark than dragon like in KOTOR.

Other than that, that shit was DOPE as fuck.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
I really liked the latest but...

Why did they have to narrate the plan...waste of time. Cut to the quick, " Look, we gotta blow dis bitch up...by any means necessary, muthafucka!!!"

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

Only compliant I may have is how the Krayt Dragon looked. More shark than dragon like in KOTOR.

i think cuz of the way it moved in the sand like Jaws ...

probably like a nod to shark movies... :yes:

n Timothy Olyphant did a good job but he`s like the same in every movie or show...:lol:

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
that was really dope. never watched star wars in my life, but i know boba fett was killed in the sarlac pitt. too bad baby yoda didnt do anything in this episode.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Season 2 is uploaded on Disney+

I won’t start watching until Nov 28th.

I can’t deal with the one episode a week shit Disney is doing. By then there will be 5 episodes to hold me over until the final ones come out in December.

I will be staying out of this thread and anything on the Internet related to the show to quarantine from spoilers.

I will be back after Nov 28th to post my review of the episodes that have been released by then.

See you then.....
Thanks for giving me the date to start watching!

I did the same thing with the boys hate this weekly drop shit.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
....thinking on something. Hear me out.

I rewatched season one in prep for season two, and in the last episode when the Mandalorian blacksmith welded the signet of the Mudhorn into Mando's armor, she mentioned "you are a clan of two now." Baby Yoda was also given the Mandalorian necklace charm of the Mythosaur.

My theory, the Mandalorian referenced in the show title isn't actually Mando (Din Djarin) but Baby Yoda himself.

Remember, Mandalorian isn't a race it's a creed.

With the news of there being issues with Pedro Pascal getting screen time this season, I think this is where the series is headed. This is probably why the issues surfaced. He probably thought he was the main attraction but it's really Baby Yoda instead...

This is a perfect way to introduce animated characters into the live action world as they try to get Baby Yoda to his people.

Calling it now, Mando will sacrifice himself to save Baby Yoda, a fellow Mandalorian in a future episode, not saying it happens this season but in the future.

This is the way.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

I rewatched season one in prep for season two, and in the last episode when the Mandalorian blacksmith welded the signet of the Mudhorn into Mando's armor, she mentioned "you are a clan of two now." Baby Yoda was also given the Mandalorian necklace charm of the Mythosaur.

My theory, the Mandalorian referenced in the show title isn't actually Mando (Din Djarin) but Baby Yoda himself.

With the news of there being issues with Pedro Pascal getting screen time this season, I think this is where the series is headed. This is probably why the issues surfaced. He probably thought he was the main attraction but it's really Baby Yoda instead...

This is a perfect way to introduce animated characters into the live action world as they try to get Baby Yoda to his people.

Calling it now, Mando will sacrifice himself to save Baby Yoda, a fellow Mandalorian in a future episode, not saying it happens this season but in the future.

This is the way.
No baby yoda is a cutesy gimmick cooked up to attractt non starwars fan idiots a d boost rating. Obviously the force is with him but the mandalorian doesn't understand this. The child will prolly wind up with Luke's new Jedi order. Also. O more a I.ated characters. I know is a Dave filoni show but we don't need any more characters appearing from his lame cartoons besides asohka. Clone wars is overrated and rebels was boiled bar age water

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is the way.
when he says his people, does he mean the jedi or actually yoda "race" of people??

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st episode, was dope! I was entertained, I'm not as well-versed as many of you guys in here. I have (and will have) some questions, that I will hold onto until the end of this season.

That was amazing! It gave me “knights of old republic” feeling. The only knock is WTF do they keep going to tatooine? The Star Wars universe is huge. Show us some other planet!
Yes it is him. Confirmed by IMDB. He appeared in season 1 as well and has been following the Mandolorian.
Season 2 is already starting off dope as hell. The action sequences at the end could rival most movies. Can't wait for the rest of the season!
I really liked the latest but...

Why did they have to narrate the plan...waste of time. Cut to the quick, " Look, we gotta blow dis bitch up...by any means necessary, muthafucka!!!"
i think cuz of the way it moved in the sand like Jaws ...

probably like a nod to shark movies... :yes:

n Timothy Olyphant did a good job but he`s like the same in every movie or show...:lol:
What was the purpose of him looking for and finding the other Mandolarian? I thought it was to help him locate baby yoda "people"; but that didnt transpire at all after he found him; or did it??....

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This seems like the storyline, though weekly will change, but seems the same.

"I want this", in order to do that Mandalorian, you have to do this...

I'm gonna, stop my entire journey, to do this, then get info, and move on? To the next story, again, next week.

Visually is great, story seems pretty much the same weekly on his "quest"...

Darkness's

Registered
FOH. Clone Wars had arguably the best storytelling of the Star Wars franchise and Rebels isn’t too far behind.
Clone wars had jerky animation and the character models looked like they were made of wood. The only episodes a I really liked were the bad batch and domino squad episodes because they remind me of Eas battlefront 2. Rebels was toned downed disneyfied kiddie garbage filleddull filler episodes and ezra was annoying. The crews chemistry wouldve flowed better if ezra want force sensitve and he designated tue role of theif and infiltrator. He's a watered down annoying bootleg luke Skywalker.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FOH. Clone Wars had arguably the best storytelling of the Star Wars franchise and Rebels isn’t too far behind.
Clone wars had jerky animation and the character models looked like they were made of wood. The only episodes a I really liked were the bad batch and domino squad episodes because they remind me of Eas battlefront 2. Rebels was toned downed disneyfied kiddie garbage filleddull filler episodes and ezra was annoying. The crews chemistry wouldve flowed better if ezra want force sensitve and he designated tue role of theif and infiltrator. He's a watered down annoying bootleg luke Skywalker.
Clone wars was by far the best story telling of any Star Wars; one reason is because it just wasnt about Skywalkers; but the problem is the movies didnt coincide with the clone wars or rebels enough; so there were a lot of holes because of that; but clone and rebels actually showed story behind a lot of different characters; animation was ok, but the stories were superior....

Darkness's

Registered
Clone wars was by far the best story telling of any Star Wars; one reason is because it just wasnt about Skywalkers; but the problem is the movies didnt coincide with the clone wars or rebels enough; so there were a lot of holes because of that; but clone and rebels actually showed story behind a lot of different characters; animation was ok, but the stories were superior....
The mlvies do t coincixe with rebels beacuse of the kiddie tone of tbe show. It har a games gokd moment like the bendy or when ever saw guerra shows.up or when they stole that b wing. But ezra he makes the sh feel show feel so Disney. He's just the same as that mechanic girl from coruscant in season 7 clone Wars. He's an idiot that doesn't know when to stop talking. The universe of rebels is so dull and I'm mainly talking about lethal. E wry time the crew is about to tackle a new adventure ezra starts whining and bitching ha ing visions of his parents. Even when he learned his parents were dead in the next season the found another excuse to go back to lethal. Ezra now has visons about some mysterious old man with a weird hat etc. The only time I liked ezra was when he infiltrated the imperial Academy other than that he's an annoying poorly written character. Rebels 2as only created because clone wars was canceled after Disney bought out Lucas films. Don't even get me started on star wars resistance. Another reason i dont like rebels was because of that obi wan vs maul episode . once again it's ezra . ezra is in the dessert chatting with obi wan Kenobi. Its just a un star wars. Ezra feels so out of place in the star wars universe. He doesnt feel like a star wars character at all. Like I said before tue show wouldve worked better if they left ezra as a theif and infiltrator better yet a spy and left all the Jedi stuff to kanan. Ezra being a Jedi also downplays everything that made Luke so special in the ot. How can Luke be the. New hope when ezra was run ing around fhe galaxy on a side note Luke was 17 years old during the time of this show. This show is a big retcon and i refuse to accept it as cannon. It doesn't feel like star wars at all. As for clone wars I dont think kts a bad show I just think fans go overboard with the fandom

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The mlvies do t coincixe with rebels beacuse of the kiddie tone of tbe show. It har a games gokd moment like the bendy or when ever saw guerra shows.up or when they stole that b wing. But ezra he makes the sh feel show feel so Disney. He's just the same as that mechanic girl from coruscant in season 7 clone Wars. He's an idiot that doesn't know when to stop talking. The universe of rebels is so dull and I'm mainly talking about lethal. E wry time the crew is about to tackle a new adventure ezra starts whining and bitching ha ing visions of his parents. Even when he learned his parents were dead in the next season the found another excuse to go back to lethal. Ezra now has visons about some mysterious old man with a weird hat etc. The only time I liked ezra was when he infiltrated the imperial Academy other than that he's an annoying poorly written character. Rebels 2as only created because clone wars was canceled after Disney bought out Lucas films. Don't even get me started on star wars resistance. Another reason i dont like rebels was because of that obi wan vs maul episode . once again it's ezra . ezra is in the dessert chatting with obi wan Kenobi. Its just a un star wars. Ezra feels so out of place in the star wars universe. He doesnt feel like a star wars character at all. Like I said before tue show wouldve worked better if they left ezra as a theif and infiltrator better yet a spy and left all the Jedi stuff to kanan. Ezra being a Jedi also downplays everything that made Luke so special in the ot. How can Luke be the. New hope when ezra was run ing around fhe galaxy on a side note Luke was 17 years old during the time of this show. This show is a big retcon and i refuse to accept it as cannon. It doesn't feel like star wars at all. As for clone wars I dont think kts a bad show I just think fans go overboard with the fandom
Time lines dont match but thats because star wars was created backwards. But again the storylines for clone wars was good