Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I didnt like the fact that he madd a full appearance . that cameo appearance earlier in the season waz enough.still a good episode. Btw so thats what gadaffi sticks can do? Sand people have. dangerous weapins. I can easily accept bob la surviving the sarlacc pit hjs death was to cheesy cod him to go lut like that. If only be was that bad ass in the OT. I undsr stand though. His job in estb was to primarily hunt down Han solo and lurd luke into a trap. What they did to boba in return of the Jedi was disrespectful. On a side note I wonter if captain phasma armor is made of beskar. Love that exchange between the grand more and grou at rhe end. I think grogu is moving towards the dark the way he used his force abilities

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Man I wonder if Boba Fett dies at the end and leaves Slave 1 to Mando. I hate that Mando's Razor Crest was blown to bits.

If he doesn't get Slave 1, hopefully he gets his hands on another Razor Crest. Was about to buy a model of the ship to go along with my starfighter collection lolz

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BOBA FETT IS BACK and fanboys are having the biggest nerd orgasm since the trailer for the first star wars prequel dropped... :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyone else look at the credits to see who directed the episodes?

now that I know gina caranos politics its not as much fun seeing her now :smh: :smh: :smh: at least there's ming na-wen
hopefully, she'll keep her political opinions to herself.

grogu ain't no joke!

NOW the story begins!!! finally!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Watch the Jedi that answers Grogu’s call be Mace Windu.

Mando and squad go back to the planet, to retrieve his jet pack, while Mace Windu sees the dead stormtroopers left.

Boba Fett and Mace Windu come face to face for the first time since Attack of the Clones.

They battle and Boba Fett is beheaded by Master Windu, just like his father.

Mando keeps Slave 1.

Darkness's

Registered
Watch the Jedi that answers Grogu’s call be Mace Windu.

Mando and squad go back to the planet, to retrieve his jet pack, while Mace Windu sees the dead stormtroopers left.

Boba Fett and Mace Windu come face to face for the first time since Attack of the Clones.

They battle and Boba Fett is beheaded by Master Windu, just like his father.

Mando keeps Slave 1.
Mace windy is dead. Im sick of these crazy fan theories and fantasies. All these remaining Jedi downplays the Impact of thhe Jedi purge especially since Vader personally hunted down a good many of them. I don't want mace windy alive its just cheesy.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Mace windy is dead. Im sick of these crazy fan theories and fantasies. All these remaining Jedi downplays the Impact of thhe Jedi purge especially since Vader personally hunted down a good many of them. I don't want mace windy alive its just cheesy.
The galaxy is full of thousands of planets and Star systems, and not all of them were under the Empire’s control.

All these years people said Boba survived the Sarlacc Pit, and people said they were crazy. Welp!

Same thing with Darth Maul.

Mace isn’t dead yet, not unless Jackson confirms it. We never actually saw him die. Mace Windu was perhaps the strongest Jedi on the Jedi Council. Jedi have been known to survive high falls.

Until Jackson and Lucas confirm it, he ain’t dead yet...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

“George Lucas himself has even said he believes Windu could have survived. In a 2016 Twitter video, Jackson argued that "Jedi can fall from amazing distances. And there’s a long history of one-handed Jedi. So why not?” He went on to add that he shared this theory with Lucas, who replied, ‘I’m okay with that. You can be alive.” And, as Jackson points out, plenty of Star Wars characters have gotten robot hands, so Windu would fit right in despite his injuries.”

Darkness's

Registered
Seeing those dark troopers made me wish EA dice didn't end support for battle front two and added them as reinforcements for OT content. They left the scarif upxate incomplete. Scarif is a good map but it needed air and ground vehicles. Especially the U-wing. I wanted to play out the battle of scarif just like in the movies. Also boba in this episode would've been a dope skin for boba fett.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The galaxy is full of thousands of planets and Star systems, and not all of them were under the Empire’s control.

All these years people said Boba survived the Sarlacc Pit, and people said they were crazy. Welp!

Mace isn’t dead yet, not unless Jackson confirms it. We never actually saw him die. Mace Windu was perhaps the strongest Jedi on the Jedi Council. Jedi have been known to survive high falls.

gZlZV6.gif

veewee77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This show reminds me of a video game in a way. It’s like there is a main mission (get Grogu to safety), yet each episode is like a mini side mission. Reminds me of that Star Wars bounty hunter game back in the day.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's been 50+ years at this point since AOTC. Even if he survived that fight and fall, Mace would be an old man at this point, why reveal himself now? I think it's Luke who answers Grogu's call.

That was a great episode. They packed so much into 30 minutes without sacrificing anything.

Darkness's

Registered

Knowing George lucas he'll have a special edition attack of the clones were grogu and 13 year 13 year old asohka will be seen hanging around the Jedi temple

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What does The Mandalorian capture that fans like about Star Wars that the sequel trilogy has not?

I believe three aspects have elevated The Mandalorian to heights the Star Wars franchise hasn’t scaled since the original trilogy.

main-qimg-25c4903dc7c4184a98c9a1ce6371289b

And if ever there was a time to elaborate on those aspects, it is now.

Because its latest episode ‘The Jedi,’ isn’t merely one of the finest outings of the show, it is the near-perfect distillation of what makes The Mandalorian such a beloved property.
  • A Defined Purpose
main-qimg-c398b4a44c89423cdbb2f87fc14fcb01

There was a gaping flaw in the Sequel Trilogy – it was a train without tracks. The movies were lacking a cohesive roadmap. It felt like they were being made to print money rather than to tell a story.

But shepherded by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian has a story to tell.

There is a purpose, there is a drive. These guys so obviously care deeply about this world and are passionate about telling their story.

And that is not to say that the likes of J.J Abrams or Rian Johnson didn’t, or that they were creatively bankrupt. But love, passion, adoration isn’t always enough.

main-qimg-bea589a5e90679951a82eba5f2a8403a

The Mandalorian is a bullet train, but the track has been laid out in the minds of Filoni and Favreau. And that translates to the screen.
This is the way.
  • The East and The West
main-qimg-b49381627435258694ec18367207bf35

When George Lucas erected his monument to imagination with Star Wars in 1977, he clearly took inspiration from Akira Kurosawa; most visibly from The Hidden Fortress.

In many ways, his trilogy represents the seamless marriage of Samurai cinema with the Western; two genres that are inherently intertwined.

The sequel trilogy largely abandoned building on that motif. They took inspiration from the original trilogy. Favreau had the creative foresight to seek inspiration from what inspired Lucas, and not from the original trilogy.

The Mandalorian wears both its Samurai and Western influences on its sleeves; best encapsulated by the final showdown in ‘The Jedi,’ which was essentially a samurai story.

We had the honourable Samurai duelling inside.

main-qimg-48f8ca796dc88bff11b34df8a784551e

And the two cowboys in a shoot-out outside.

main-qimg-0ab13f46c053da732ca23c14535aa369

East meets West. Samurai meets Western. Kurosawa meets Leone.
This is the way.
  • The Old and The New
main-qimg-2ee492b181bed55fc161f83d2eade5df

Favreau and Filoni are performing an ever-delicate balancing act – keeping long-time fans satisfied by delving into the lore and introducing legacy characters while ensuring the show never feels like a retread and is always moving ahead.

It’s quite a remarkable thing they are doing.

As an aside, while this should be obvious, it shouldn’t be taken for granted as well:

The show is incredibly well made. One of the finest going around. It is top-tier filmmaking, in all aspects. And really, that is what The Mandalorian is – top tier. And long may it continue to be.

This is the way.

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What does The Mandalorian capture that fans like about Star Wars that the sequel trilogy has not?

I believe three aspects have elevated The Mandalorian to heights the Star Wars franchise hasn’t scaled since the original trilogy.

main-qimg-25c4903dc7c4184a98c9a1ce6371289b

And if ever there was a time to elaborate on those aspects, it is now.

Because its latest episode ‘The Jedi,’ isn’t merely one of the finest outings of the show, it is the near-perfect distillation of what makes The Mandalorian such a beloved property.
  • A Defined Purpose
main-qimg-c398b4a44c89423cdbb2f87fc14fcb01

There was a gaping flaw in the Sequel Trilogy – it was a train without tracks. The movies were lacking a cohesive roadmap. It felt like they were being made to print money rather than to tell a story.

But shepherded by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian has a story to tell.

There is a purpose, there is a drive. These guys so obviously care deeply about this world and are passionate about telling their story.

And that is not to say that the likes of J.J Abrams or Rian Johnson didn’t, or that they were creatively bankrupt. But love, passion, adoration isn’t always enough.

main-qimg-bea589a5e90679951a82eba5f2a8403a

The Mandalorian is a bullet train, but the track has been laid out in the minds of Filoni and Favreau. And that translates to the screen.
This is the way.
  • The East and The West
main-qimg-b49381627435258694ec18367207bf35

When George Lucas erected his monument to imagination with Star Wars in 1977, he clearly took inspiration from Akira Kurosawa; most visibly from The Hidden Fortress.

In many ways, his trilogy represents the seamless marriage of Samurai cinema with the Western; two genres that are inherently intertwined.

The sequel trilogy largely abandoned building on that motif. They took inspiration from the original trilogy. Favreau had the creative foresight to seek inspiration from what inspired Lucas, and not from the original trilogy.

The Mandalorian wears both its Samurai and Western influences on its sleeves; best encapsulated by the final showdown in ‘The Jedi,’ which was essentially a samurai story.

We had the honourable Samurai duelling inside.

main-qimg-48f8ca796dc88bff11b34df8a784551e

And the two cowboys in a shoot-out outside.

main-qimg-0ab13f46c053da732ca23c14535aa369

East meets West. Samurai meets Western. Kurosawa meets Leone.
This is the way.
  • The Old and The New
main-qimg-2ee492b181bed55fc161f83d2eade5df

Favreau and Filoni are performing an ever-delicate balancing act – keeping long-time fans satisfied by delving into the lore and introducing legacy characters while ensuring the show never feels like a retread and is always moving ahead.

It’s quite a remarkable thing they are doing.

As an aside, while this should be obvious, it shouldn’t be taken for granted as well:

The show is incredibly well made. One of the finest going around. It is top-tier filmmaking, in all aspects. And really, that is what The Mandalorian is – top tier. And long may it continue to be.

This is the way.

I can't remember the first article I read like this and I can't find it, but it said something to the fact that the sequel series' characters were never established to have a clear purpose and we were not able to get to like the characters (except Finn) before we were expected to care about them. Abrams gave us these heroes but he ignored most of the rules of how a hero's journey should be told.

Mandalorian did the opposite. We got to know Mando and his purpose early on, we got to organically like him, THEN the story progressed to where we needed to care about him.

And speaking of caring about him, the sequels also fucked that up. Rey was overpowered and never really in danger at all. There was no suspense. Mando actually takes ass-whoopins enough that we don't know exactly what the outcome is going to be when a new situation unfolds.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boba fett was punked out in Jedi.
Now we all get to see how bad ass Boba fett is.
After being dropped by a blind ass Hans Solo
Now, finally we see the the real Boba fett after close to 40 years.

nigga got knee rockets...KNEE ROCKETS!?! where was that shit on Jabba skiff?? :giggle: :giggle:

Clearly, Lucas had no idea or intention to show just how badass that character could be because it would totally distract from the main characters. Hell just over the outfit he wears ALONE made him so intriguing that 40 fucking years later there's a whole series inspired by him.

Imagine if they had shown his full on badassery in the OT? We'd all be going Luke Skywalker who? Han Solo who??:lol:

To Favreau's credit, they executed the resurrection of the character perfectly. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they should do a short scene released on social media.....where we see boba fett go into mando's ship and gear up. He puts on the outfit then opens the armory and with a smile like a kid in a candy store with a hundred dollar bill starts strapping up with the big rocket on the backpack, wrist laser gun, and the knee missiles and all kinds of shit because we know Mandalorians STAY STRAPPED! Then slightly bows his head in a short silent prayer then puts the helmet on. :thumbsup:

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
THis right here touches on my theory of the whole show....and some of it has been explored by other posters here. I think "the Mandolorian" in the show's title is Grogu. Ashoka said take him to the seeing stone and let him choose his fate, then warned of his connection to Mando and the dangers implied. I think he chose his fate in this last episode, and what he chose is to be a Mandolorian......and a Jedi. That's why I think the scene where Moff Gideon showed him the dark saber was significant. He is gonna be the first Jedi/Mandolorian since the original wielder of the dark saber. Anyway...it's just my thoughts.