The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
It's average, nowhere near the best but it wasn't the worst. It was dark, could have used more grittiness. It was very film noir. More Sin City ish than grimey. They needed a hotter cat woman but white boys like women that are built like teenage boys.

Running time was way too long. Needed to be 30-40 minutes shorter and it would have been a B-. I grade it a C.

The highlight award goes to cinematography.

I made my review without reading everyone else. Now I'm going to read over this thread and see what you have to say.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
'The Batman' Release Date on HBO Max Confirmed by WarnerMedia CEO

The day-and-date era seems to be approaching an end.

BY JACK KING
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO

One of the most widely felt impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic has been a shift in the way distributors strategize theatrical releases. Studios like Warner Bros. have forgone the traditional theatrical window, choosing instead to release their films simultaneously in theaters and on their bespoke streaming platform, HBO Max. (Both HBO and Warners are subsidiaries of WarnerMedia.) Even the biggest titles of the year have been impacted: the likes of Dune, Godzilla vs. Kong, and The Matrix Resurrections all hit the streamer at the same time as the silver screen, which theater moguls have speculated to have impacted their box office takes.

But now, it looks like the release practice, known as day-and-date, is drawing to a close - at least as far as Warners is concerned.

In conversation with Vox's Recode, WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar confirmed that upcoming Robert Pattinson title The Batman - along with some of the studio's other tent poles releasing this year, like DC's Black Adam and The Flash - will return to a more traditional theatrical release window, streaming 45 days after its theatrical premiere. That's still markedly shorter than the classic window, which would span half a year or more, but it's something of a return to normalcy. In Kilar's words:

"Think about when movies would show up on HBO, which is eight to nine months after theatrical premiere. The Batman is going to show up on day 46 on HBO Max. [...] That is a huge change from where things were in 2018, 2017, 2016."

This would mean that The Batman will hit HBO Max on April 19, 2022. Kilar further added some of the other titles also coming to the service with a 45 day window, implying that this will become the regular model for the studio moving forward.

"I feel really, really good knowing that The Batman, and Black Adam, and The Flash, and Elvis, and a whole host of other movies, are literally going to be showing up on day 46 on HBO Max in a variety of territories all over the world. That is a very, very big change that I don't think people appreciate, and I feel really good about it."

The Batman hits theaters on March 4, 2022, featuring an all-star ensemble of Pattinson, Paul Dano, Andy Serkis, Jeffrey Wright, John Turttoro, Colin Farrell, and Zoë Kravitz. Check out the film's official synopsis:

Two years of stalking the streets as the Batman, striking fear into the hearts of criminals, has led Bruce Wayne deep into the shadows of Gotham City. With only a few trusted allies — Alfred Pennyworth, Lt. James Gordon — amongst the city’s corrupt network of officials and high-profile figures, the lone vigilante has established himself as the sole embodiment of vengeance amongst his fellow citizens.

When a killer targets Gotham’s elite with a series of sadistic machinations, a trail of cryptic clues sends the World’s Greatest Detective on an investigation into the underworld, where he encounters such characters as Selina Kyle/aka Catwoman, Oswald Cobblepot/aka the Penguin, Carmine Falcone, and Edward Nashton/aka the Riddler. As the evidence begins to lead closer to home and the scale of the perpetrator’s plans becomes clear, Batman must forge new relationships, unmask the culprit, and bring justice to the abuse of power and corruption that has long plagued Gotham City.

The-Batman-HBO-MAX.jpg

It’s such to be on HBO MAX on April 18, 2022.

I’ll wait for it then.

babygwirl18

Rising Star
Registered
Told you guys it was nowhere near as good as the hype. I hate that we live in a world where whenever something new comes out, people rush to call it the “best ever.”

If there wasn’t so much unearned hype, maybe I would have had lower expectations and liked it better.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Told you guys it was nowhere near as good as the hype. I hate that we live in a world where whenever something new comes out, people rush to call it the “best ever.”

If there wasn’t so much unearned hype, maybe I would have had lower expectations and liked it better.
To you

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
These are all the quotes from the BGOL movie critics. These same BGOL critics who said Batman was going to bomb are the same ones who also said that Joker was going to bomb. The same ones who also said the Snyder Cut JL was going to bomb. The same ones who also said Suicide Squad was going to bomb. Funny, these are the same folks who also say that Black Adam and The Flash are going to bomb.

IJS

:lol:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
The bat mobile wasn't a douchebag car

Best bat mobile reveal
2nd is the crazy shit bale had as a reveal

But revving that bitch in the dark and the sonic noise it was making???
Come on.
The crazy part is some people may feel like we are exaggerating. That shit was live af! IDGAF what anybody say. Lol
I saw it in IMAX
That shit was perfect. He'd been on that motorcycle all this time and just being a real gumshoe and in that moment he was like time to bring out the big toy.

Shit TORE UP THE HIGHWAY

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seen it, thought it was the best Of how Batman is supposed to be. Thought the movie was very solid. Thought the cinematography was really good. The music was good. Thought the riddler was good. Penguin was ok. Thought the actor playing Batman was ok. DC can only do Batman good movies; all other characters usually suck or not good. Hopefully they only do Batman universe and not include him with other DC characters…

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Seen it, thought it was the best Of how Batman is supposed to be. Thought the movie was very solid. Thought the cinematography was really good. The music was good. Thought the riddler was good. Penguin was ok. Thought the actor playing Batman was ok. DC can only do Batman good movies; all other characters usually suck or not good. Hopefully they only do Batman universe and not include him with other DC characters…
So every DC character based movie other than Batman was bad??

tenor.gif

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Recently yes! WW was ok at best; 2nd WW was awful so overall WW was bad :giggle: Man of steel was solid. Batman vs Superman was terrible! Aquaman was umm well enough said. If it wasn't for batman, DC would be lost...
For what it was intended to be I thought Shazam was good. Suicide Squad was good.

Its just a different world then Marvel. ITs clear to this date they can't do a universe like Marvel has with all their characters. But between Joker, Shazam, The Batman, Suicide Squad....they've shown to find their lane when they make stand alone films that either barely link or don't at all.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For what it was intended to be I thought Shazam was good. Suicide Squad was good.

Its just a different world then Marvel. ITs clear to this date they can't do a universe like Marvel has with all their characters. But between Joker, Shazam, The Batman, Suicide Squad....they've shown to find their lane when they make stand alone films that either barely link or don't at all.
I'm not comparing DC to marvel because they are in two different leagues. Shazam was awful and Suicide Squad 1st was solid. 2nd one not so much. Joker was good acting just didn't really care for the movie...

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I'm not comparing DC to marvel because they are in two different leagues. Shazam was awful and Suicide Squad 1st was solid. 2nd one not so much. Joker was good acting just didn't really care for the movie...

Ah you see I thought the first Suicide Squad was trash and the 2nd one was pretty good.

Not watching The Joker.

Shazam was pretty good. A kids movie but still pretty good.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Since there's no world building, there's no point in even grouping DC films together. Such wasted potential.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Movie was fire af!!! When he started The Vengeance mobile(lol) I lost my shit. Loved him being the detective in the suit. Reminded me of the Arkham games. Figuring out clues was just as important if not more than the action. Using the fire extinguisher as the Batsmoke was cool. I loved the year two aspect. He’s still figuring it out but already has some knowledge and skills. I honestly feel he lost the fight but learned from it. Him not catching everything was beautiful. Reminded me of how the Avengers can’t win every battle. Sometimes heroes lose. The fight scenes were done fairly well. You could see the action. The car chase was dope af. I actually liked this portrayal of Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler and Gordon.
Dude.. When that muthafucka roared to life I was SOOOO fucking glad I was in an Imax theater.

I swear that scene had its own theme for the vengeance mobile (which I believe had traces of vaders imperial March to it.)
Watching that scene in a Dolly theater with my seat vibrating as if I was in the passenger seat was a surreal experience. This was the first movie I've seen in DD.

Experiences like that will definitely keep movie theaters around a little longer.

On a separate note, props to the Penguin's driving skills. If he didn't get mesmerized by the Vengeance mobile jumping through fire, he may have gotten away... Lol.