The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i saw on the internet on last weekend!1..it was pretty good..long movie but it was pretty good....its coming on HBOMAX in April..So, I'm going to watch it again!!

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Why's that?

Hard to explain but to me it goes against everything the Joker is. I will never really want to know his origin story. And I will never "sympathize" with the character on any level.

Also, taking it bigger picture, Im really against the whole anti-hero movement with CBMs. Eddie Brock/Venom is now a flat out hero. They about to do the same for Morbius and Kraven. Black Adam got a movie coming out... Why?

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Hard to explain but to me it goes against everything the Joker is. I will never really want to know his origin story. And I will never "sympathize" with the character on any level.

Also, taking it bigger picture, Im really against the whole anti-hero movement with CBMs. Eddie Brock/Venom is now a flat out hero. They about to do the same for Morbius and Kraven. Black Adam got a movie coming out... Why?

Because you hate Kratos

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Saw it yesterday with the side chick. Good movie but it really needs to be about a 1/2 hour shorter. I kept being amazed that the Penguin was Colin Farrell under all that makeup. Gotham has the worst weather it's always raining at night there. :lol:

what do you give it on ten?

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

It's more of a character study than and origin story and much less of a comic book movie. Matter of fact this is far away from a.comic book movie as it can get.This movie is painted more as if this is the real world this is his the joker would happen. In this Gotham brufce Wayne prolly will never become Batman when he grows up. This joker is more like an incident.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not comparing DC to marvel because they are in two different leagues. Shazam was awful and Suicide Squad 1st was solid. 2nd one not so much. Joker was good acting just didn't really care for the movie...
You thought that he first SS was solid but not the 2nd one?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Since there's no world building, there's no point in even grouping DC films together. Such wasted potential.
I mean they are clearly still trying to do it with WW, Aquaman and Flashpoint but at the end of the day their biggest films and their best films over the past few years have been SS2, Shazam, The Batman and Joker. No links to each other. They may need to stick to that formula.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I mean they are clearly still trying to do it with WW, Aquaman and Flashpoint but at the end of the day their biggest films and their best films over the past few years have been SS2, Shazam, The Batman and Joker. No links to each other. They may need to stick to that formula.
i think SS and Shazam are linked., same universe

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw it yesterday with the side chick. Good movie but it really needs to be about a 1/2 hour shorter. I kept being amazed that the Penguin was Colin Farrell under all that makeup. Gotham has the worst weather it's always raining at night there. :lol:
I still can't believe that's him. That's probably the best makeup job I've seen in a film to date. That shit don't look nothing like him.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Couldn't disagree more. I loved this take on Year 2 Batman

This review NAILS it

The only reason I stayed to watch it was for Greg Fraiser's work. Otherwise I would've walked out after Bruce saw Alfred in the hospital. Ppl these days love sub par character development and story structure that goes nowhere for it to justify the length of the film. I get it. It's what ppl have been fed over the last 5-8 yrs via streaming so they are used to it now.

The acting was good (except for Riddler) and production design was spot on. But the story was weak period. That movie could've been told in 45mins. Too much exposition as I said before.

Last edited:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The only reason I stayed to watch it was for Greg Fraiser's work. Otherwise I would've walked out after Bruce saw Alfred in the hospital. Ppl these days love sub par character development and story structure that goes nowhere for it to justify the length of the film. I get it. It's what ppl have been fed over the last 5-8 yrs via streaming so they are used to it now.

The acting was good (except for Riddler) and production design was spot on. But the story was weak period. That movie could've been told in 45mins. Too much exposition as I said before.

The Nolan Batman franchise is among my fav Batman movies too. I took this move as a Year 2 Batman movie from the multi-verse With a mixture of Sin City and the Hush storyline of Batman. I enjoyed it but to each their own, fam.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Nolan Batman franchise is among my fav Batman movies too. I took this move as a Year 2 Batman movie from the multi-verse With a mixture of Sin City and the Hush storyline of Batman. I enjoyed it but to each their own, fam.

I feel ya. Trust me I respect your opinion regardless. I will say this version felt more close to the Batman Arkham Games which I loved. Especially the Fight Sequences with the Gadgets usage. And When he took that Adrenaline Shot and nearly lot it I was like YESSS, Now that is Batman I know!

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I feel ya. Trust me I respect your opinion regardless. I will say this version felt more close to the Batman Arkham Games which I loved. Especially the Fight Sequences with the Gadgets usage. And When he took that Adrenaline Shot and nearly lot it I was like YESSS, Now that is Batman I know!

I respect your opinion as well, fam.

The green adrenaline shot was a nice surprise and the intro RUMBLE of the bat mobile was DOPE AS FUCK in an IMAX setting. The death of Selena's friend had no impact because the movie didn't really show the dynamic between those two. That seems like an opportunity lost there. Same with Falcone.

But overall, I enjoyed it.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor

Adrenaline, my ass. That was venom and no one can tell me otherwise. Year 2 or not.