The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was just lazy! Batman meets an incel(s)!?!?! It starts off WAY too much like Punisher: War Journal or Rorschach.

Bruce doing the: 'You're not my father!' to Alfred, he was too old to have that kind of attitude. By this age he should be able to see that he has put his life on hold to care for him and his parents estate.

I get this is a younger Batman so he isn't as refined as the Batman we're all used to, but this guy was trained at a MMA gym not by the League of Shadows. Used NONE of the fear tactics that he has been known to use (granted still a less refined Batman, but still NOTHING?)

Batmobile stalling was a nice touch.

Last couple of "Batman" movies the legacy of Thomas Wayne has been taking a beating!!! Joker made him seem like Trump and this he's hanging out with mob bosses.

I think everyone is desperately trying to avoid the Christian Bale Batman voice.

They started off with the Riddler being a serial killer, but then turned him into someone pissed off that they didn't get asked to prom which was a let down. I was expecting this Kevin Spacey 7even guy and they ended with: 'I'm an orphan and nobody cared for me, but they cared about the most successful family in our city orphan.' If I was an incel, I'd be offended!

The scene with Batman and Riddler at Arkham was hard to watch. I DON'T know you identity, but let me give this long drawn out speech that makes you think I do.

The relationship with Batman and Gordon was LAUGHABLE! He just walks Batman into an active crime scene with what looks like AN ENTIRE POLICE FORCE!!! Fcuk, even a public defender would be able to get you off due to a technicality this big. It just takes one cop to talk shyt on Facebook and any case that involved Gordon or Batman gets thrown out.

Catwoman was not really Catwoman. She was more Helping out a friend-woman, so they just shytted on her character.

Didn't use the acting ability of Andy Serkis, practically neutered him. He is a good actor and an even better director. So that was just a waste, but he exists in both MCU and DCEU so I am not mad at him.

I thought the movie was weak Robert Pattinson was not a good Batman and a less convincing Bruce Wayne

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

It's Batman whatyagonnado huh? Also Iost on a lot of people that this is year two Batman. He's sort of green and still finding his footing in this story that's why he's not quite a successful detective in this movie.

Last edited:

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
Even the kills were weak and deadly games were weak and made no sense (Like how the fuck did Alfred not die after he was holding a bomb that exploded, but buddy who had a bomb strapped to him died) :hithead: . I saw so many ppl walk out theater when they saw Alfred was still alive.

:hmm: Holding the bomb? How did you not notice Alfred toss the bomb away from himself & duck behind the thick ass desk before it exploded?

A lot of people walked out when they revealed Alfred was alive huh? Sure they did. Sure they did....

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:hmm: Holding the bomb? How did you not notice Alfred toss the bomb away from himself & duck behind the thick ass desk before it exploded?

A lot of people walked out when they revealed Alfred was alive huh? Sure they did. Sure they did....

At least pay to be on the forum if your gonna try to throw shade.

Dude threw it two feet away and that desk was not flame resistant dumbass. FOH

Shit wasnt realistic to me. But if you liked it that's your opinion, just not my cup of tea.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
So...I watched, waited 2 days then watched again. Then waited a few more days before commenting.

The movie sucked. Not a dumpster fire but after 3 hours...what did I just watch? Pattinson, whether his decision to play it that way or the director, was bad. Just bad. The directing was so uneven it was hard to pay attention. The set pieces were just okay. Jeffrey Wright held the whole damn picture together. The plot was...weird. I mean storylines just disappeared and other storylines popped up in a random manner.

I don't ever need to see this movie again and certainly not Pattinson in the lead.

The cats were the best part.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Man I had no idea that Penguin was Colin Farrell.. Wtf? :eek2: :eek2:
Make up crew deserves an Oscar

I knew when I went to go see it and still I was amazed by the make up work.

Colin said that craziest part was when he'd be in the make up and catch himself in the mirror talking in his regular voice.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
At least pay to be on the forum if your gonna try to throw shade.

Dude threw it two feet away and that desk was not flame resistant dumbass. FOH

Shit wasnt realistic to me. But if you liked it that's your opinion, just not my cup of tea.

You want realism in a movie about a dude wearing a bulletproof bat suit that changes into a wing suit. GTFOH.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Overall I liked this. I like a more grounded Batman. Characters like Superman I think work better with fantasy elements and huge set pieces, but Batman (and the Punisher) work best when things are not too over the top. It does suffer from some of the same issues other Batman movies do. Putting too many villains in one movie. Catwoman wasn't needed and honestly the Penguin wasn't either.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
THE-BATMAN-but-with-Goofy-Batman-2.gif

THE-BATMAN-but-with-Goofy-Batman-3.gif

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This! I didn't believe the Penguin or Catwoman.

Overall I liked this. I like a more grounded Batman. Characters like Superman I think work better with fantasy elements and huge set pieces, but Batman (and the Punisher) work best when things are not too over the top. It does suffer from some of the same issues other Batman movies do. Putting too many villains in one movie. Catwoman wasn't needed and honestly the Penguin wasn't either.