The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Man, if you can't see the "Se7en" influence in the cinematography and plot and overall feel of the movie, then I don't know what to tell you.
pale-imitation.png

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Watched it again and I am shaking my head at the D.A who I assume went to law school is inside a club telling his secrets that can get him killed to dancers/prostitutes. :smh:

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
At least pay to be on the forum if your gonna try to throw shade.

Dude threw it two feet away and that desk was not flame resistant dumbass. FOH

Shit wasnt realistic to me. But if you liked it that's your opinion, just not my cup of tea.

:smh: I should have known better dealing with a Trump supporter. So despite the movie showing you how Alfred escaped death yo' ass is in here talking 'bout

R.570cf7dd61904fc26b620c2e2e00c0d2

"I don't understand how Alfred didn't get blowned up by the bomb!"

The desk didn't need to be fireproof. It just needed to provide enough protection from the flames & explosive energy from the device which it did. It wasn't like Alfred got away unscathed. He was laid up in the hospital for a few days. You'd be able to understand why 1 person with some protection would be able to survive a bomb blast & someone who had one around their neck when it exploded wouldn't if your brain wasn't filled with holes you dumb fuck.

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont know much about comics but out of curiosity, why wouldnt they use Phoenix's Joker in this series? Is "Joker" a different version of him?

Are they gonna do another movie with Phoenix? I liked that movie so was hoping they kept it going.

BTW...I liked this new Batman AS Batman but as Bruce...hmmmm....it has to grow on me.

FLoss

Surviving Kamala Emhoff-Harris
BGOL Investor
Man, if you can't see the "Se7en" influence in the cinematography and plot and overall feel of the movie, then I don't know what to tell you.
That's was one of the many movies I thought about when watching. Not just the writing journals but especially during the the first crime scene. The camera movement and everyone's reaction when batman approached the dead mayor crime scene was a direct knock-off of Mills walking into the dead lawyer crime scene.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Watched it again and I am shaking my head at the D.A who I assume went to law school is inside a club telling his secrets that can get him killed to dancers/prostitutes. :smh:
In 199 our d.a .was arrested in opa-loka for buying crack.l so it's not to far fetched for the batman to portray the d.a. that way.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I finally got around to watching this last night. It wasn't bad, it just isn't something I'd want to watch again.

Didn't hate Pattinson as Batman, just wasn't a big fan of his take on Bruce Wayne. Too emo for my tastes.

I really didnt like the voice over at the beginning of the film. It felt like it went on for too long, giving too much exposition.

They really could have cut this down. The film did not have to be pushing three hours long.

It made me wish for a fourth Bale/Nolan Bat film more than anything.

Not the best Batman film (The Dark Knight still wins that one) but not the worst.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Halfway thru....

They hyped this a bit too much

But so far?

It LOOKS INCREDIBLE WB spent ALL THE MONEY.

Set design color cinematography acting score special effects

Well done very well done

Like the technology and gadgets. The contacts and grappling hook

Zoe looks delicious

The club fight was unnecessary it didn't make sense but I did want to see Bats fight so ok.

Colin Farrell performance was amazing cause I thought it was a completely different person (they did not use him enough so far)

The riddles were horrible

The entire storyline needed a rewrite

Cool to see the joker recruit is the kid from Titans who will be the new Robin on that show.

The twins were the kids from desperate housewives?

I get the Batman meets Seven but it needed to be tightened up

So the old lady is kinda like the Aunt from Batman 66?

The relationship with the cops was not done right

More Bruce Wayne

Why Bruce such an ass to Alfred? He WAY to old for that.

The introduction of the batmobile with the batman 66 exhaust was cool

I dozed off after the flying bat part

I'll be back to give a full fair review

Cuz...

At least he was aiming HIGH.

it was an interesting idea a Seven version of Batman

Maybe we can finally see a real Batman detective movie.

Or a batman version of die hard or commando or predator or the most dangerous game
I've lost hope

We predict it all

with no sources.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Isn't it really just Picasso's quote - lol - Steve Jobs did it again - he stole something right under our nose

Now you get it!

Apparently Jobs said that quote A LOT! So much so I saw it in numerous sources attributed to Picasso by way of him.