The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been out 7 weeks now and still in the 700 plus million range; i guess its gonna continue to inch and crawl to that billy :hmm: ...
bro trust me if covid wasnt around this would make numbers but for covid to be around the numbers are great..i thought the movie was dope best batman movie to date.i loved the tone of the movie ,the score was dope too..i watched it 4 times..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
just finished watching....

this shit is really CW Batman
20-AF1-A03-DB9-F-4187-9025-6-A5-D5-A4-DBC4-D.jpg

Halfway thru....

They hyped this a bit too much

But so far?

It LOOKS INCREDIBLE WB spent ALL THE MONEY.

Set design color cinematography acting score special effects

Well done very well done

Like the technology and gadgets. The contacts and grappling hook

Zoe looks delicious

The club fight was unnecessary it didn't make sense but I did want to see Bats fight so ok.

Colin Farrell performance was amazing cause I thought it was a completely different person (they did not use him enough so far)

The riddles were horrible

The entire storyline needed a rewrite

Cool to see the joker recruit is the kid from Titans who will be the new Robin on that show.

The twins were the kids from desperate housewives?

I get the Batman meets Seven but it needed to be tightened up

So the old lady is kinda like the Aunt from Batman 66?

The relationship with the cops was not done right

More Bruce Wayne

Why Bruce such an ass to Alfred? He WAY to old for that.

The introduction of the batmobile with the batman 66 exhaust was cool

I dozed off after the flying bat part

I'll be back to give a full fair review

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
bro trust me if covid wasnt around this would make numbers but for covid to be around the numbers are great..i thought the movie was dope best batman movie to date.i loved the tone of the movie ,the score was dope too..i watched it 4 times..
Yet Dr Strange 2 will do a billion book it; and Spidey almost did 2 billion and that was without China; Covid may have affected it but Batman is top 3 famous comic character of all time; gotta do a billy regardless; but Im just talking shit to @Tito_Jackson because he be saying some wild shit...

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
MCU stans with their numbers. Blah blah blah will do a billion ... Blah blah blah who gives a fuck? Why can't you niggas just shut the fuck uop and watch a movie. It will do a billion because you sheep will throw your money at anything black widow is proof of this.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Surprised most people didn’t find the major flaw in this movie.. the riddler new Bruce was bats and in the middle of the film sent a bomb to his house to kill him..it just so happens Alfred open the package instead.. well if Bruce opens the package and he dies.. that means the other riddles and shit don’t make sense cause if he succeeds how does bats bring the crime boss to the light? How does his whole conclusion with the flood and snipers even pop up? Him quote on quote waiting to meet Bruce Wayne dosent happen.. the riddler exposing the Wayne family kinda goes out the door.. the bomb scene wasn’t well thought out… but if you over look that it was an ok movie

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
By the way for the people that think riddler was ok or subpar the actor that played him as well as the director said they were using the zodiac killer as their motivation for the character.. so the cryptic words, spelling, his voice, the glasses, etc was basically the zodiac killer.. as they kinda said bats and Gordon was basically detectives trying to stop the zodiac killer reign of terror

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Surprised most people didn’t find the major flaw in this movie.. the riddler new Bruce was bats and in the middle of the film sent a bomb to his house to kill him..it just so happens Alfred open the package instead.. well if Bruce opens the package and he dies.. that means the other riddles and shit don’t make sense cause if he succeeds how does bats bring the crime boss to the light? How does his whole conclusion with the flood and snipers even pop up? Him quote on quote waiting to meet Bruce Wayne dosent happen.. the riddler exposing the Wayne family kinda goes out the door.. the bomb scene wasn’t well thought out… but if you over look that it was an ok movie

The riddler didn’t know Bruce was Batman. He wanted the Batman to help him bring Bruce to justice.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The riddles were horrible

The entire storyline needed a rewrite
:fuckyousay:
technically competent camera and editing
incompetent writing and direction

@largebillsonlyplease - I saw the attempt to journey from vengeance to hope
imo -this needed more scenes to establish it
instead of wasted moments /time

The introduction of the batmobile with the batman 66 exhaust was cool
:yes:
I dozed off after the flying bat part
9995-eyes.png

Better than The Dark Knight.
Dark Knight has the better action. The Batman is the better 'Batman' movie
:lol:
DK=
creative...
much better screenplay & story
WAY better villains and performances
WAY better cinematography
pacing and visual tension...

The Batman=
paint by numbers...
poorly written & predictable
inept soundtrack
solid work from John Turturro & Colin

that police precinct escape....

the riddles and detective work...
trash
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f.gif

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The riddler didn’t know Bruce was Batman. He wanted the Batman to help him bring Bruce to justice.
Huh he kept calling him Bruce Wayne when they were talking behind the glass.. in fact look at the newspaper cuttings it literally reads like he knows Bruce is Batman.. I know who you are question marks all over Bruce Wayne and Batman.. in fact isn’t the old stories riddler is the only person to know that Batman is Bruce wayne

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Huh he kept calling him Bruce Wayne when they were talking behind the glass.. in fact look at the newspaper cuttings it literally reads like he knows Bruce is Batman.. I know who you are question marks all over Bruce Wayne and Batman.. in fact isn’t the old stories riddler is the only person to know that Batman is Bruce wayne

Go to 2:18:20

He says "Bruce Wayne. He's the only one we didn't get. but we got the rest of them didn't we"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

9995-eyes.png

DK=
creative...

The Batman=
paint by numbers...
inept soundtrack

trash
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f.gif

Vicious aka Critical Beatdown

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
By the way for the people that think riddler was ok or subpar the actor that played him as well as the director said they were using the zodiac killer as their motivation for the character.. so the cryptic words, spelling, his voice, the glasses, etc was basically the zodiac killer.. as they kinda said bats and Gordon was basically detectives trying to stop the zodiac killer reign of terror

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A little confused by your comment. The Riddler didn't know Bruce and Batman were the same person. It's why he sent a separate letter for Batman to find at Bruce's crime scene.

I know at times the movie tried to trick the audience into thinking he knew Bruce was Batman, but he didn't.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A little confused by your comment. The Riddler didn't know Bruce and Batman were the same person. It's why he sent a separate letter for Batman to find at Bruce's crime scene.

I know at times the movie tried to trick the audience into thinking he knew Bruce was Batman, but he didn't.
Another poster pointed out a statement made by riddler that showed he didn’t know.. so it now makes riddler look like some mumbling ranter in the end

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

9995-eyes.png

DK=
creative...

The Batman=
paint by numbers...
inept soundtrack

trash
Welp @Tito_Jackson and the other DC posters gonna be pretty upset by this assessment :giggle:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another poster pointed out a statement made by riddler that showed he didn’t know.. so it now makes riddler look like some mumbling ranter in the end
He clearly didnt know and I think him saying that at the end was an attempt at trying to trick the audience; also Batman thought he knew at 1st but watching the scene you could tell he was relieved to know the riddler didnt...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He clearly didnt know and I think him saying that at the end was an attempt at trying to trick the audience; also Batman thought he knew at 1st but watching the scene you could tell he was relieved to know the riddler didnt...
A jealous orphan that’s mad he didn’t get the right funds to his shelter vs the orphan kid that was rich to me would’ve been the perfect reason why riddler hated bats/Bruce.. him making bats going on this roller coaster ride to fuck with him would’ve been perfect… instead we get the orphan accounting that’s fame thirsty that goes on a rant and has incel friends.. boooooo

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A jealous orphan that’s mad he didn’t get the right funds to his shelter vs the orphan kid that was rich to me would’ve been the perfect reason why riddler hated bats/Bruce.. him making bats going on this roller coaster ride to fuck with him would’ve been perfect… instead we get the orphan accounting that’s fame thirsty that goes on a rant and has incel friends.. boooooo
Actually that is one of the reasons why the Riddler hated Bruce; and the movie tried to show it; but him hating Bruce doesnt have to coincide with him finding out that hes Bats; movie was solid but had its flaws; at least it was better than all that other shit that DC has put out...

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actually that is one of the reasons why the Riddler hated Bruce; and the movie tried to show it; but him hating Bruce doesnt have to coincide with him finding out that hes Bats; movie was solid but had its flaws; at least it was better than all that other shit that DC has put out...
Yeah I thought the movie was solid as well, it was better than Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and the second Wonder Woman. Also reading some did not like the score of the movie, I thought the score was great, it added to the movie in my opinion. Like you said it had its flaws but overall it was a solid movie especially considering some of the other DC movies that were made.. Lol

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The main score is a rip off of Star Wars Imperial March.
Penguin was about to shoot Falcon in front of the entire city.
The Riddler lived across the street from the club but couldn't get at these niggas before.

Damn if this is the best Batman movie ever, something is wrong.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lets just say this ok dc needs to stick to cartoons and tv shows and leave the movies alone marvel have the movie thing on lock.also dc better watch out because now marvel is creeping on them on the tv series part and all dc will have is the cartoons.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I thought the movie was solid as well, it was better than Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and the second Wonder Woman. Also reading some did not like the score of the movie, I thought the score was great, it added to the movie in my opinion. Like you said it had its flaws but overall it was a solid movie especially considering some of the other DC movies that were made.. Lol
Zod crew>>>> riddler

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
I am interested in seeing what they do with the Joker. If the Riddler turns Gotham into "No Man's Land" the Joker never likes to be upstaged or be considered second rate. I would expect the Joker to top the Riddler.