TV Discussion : Evil - new supernatural series on CBS starring Mike "Luke Cage" Colter UPDATE: 4TH & FINAL SEASON!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard some folk don't like Ben been shaken in the new episode...

Or speaking on Islam in such a positive light

Gotta chill

Human beings are curious suspicious shaken doubtful and in the most stressful moments run to the familiar

Islam is a beautiful complicated faith like all the others

Also finally insomniac sleep demon wet dream blow job will do that to you.

Yeah caught up now. Ben is the BEST character they they have. The actor is better.

Ben has to be the face for all Muslims AND atheists that is a HELLACIOUS role to play and he does a great job being on both sides of that fence. And he hasn't "run back" to Islam, he just needed information from that sexy ass, beatable sister of his. He doesn't shyt on the religions, he points out why they aren't for him and that is it. Folks gotta enjoy the show.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah caught up now. Ben is the BEST character they they have. The actor is better.

Ben has to be the face for all Muslims AND atheists that is a HELLACIOUS role to play and he does a great job being on both sides of that fence. And he hasn't "run back" to Islam, he just needed information from that sexy ass, beatable sister of his. He doesn't shyt on the religions, he points out why they aren't for him and that is it. Folks gotta enjoy the show.

^^^^

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So is Kristen possessed. Is that why on the first episode everyone said you look different. Plus they keep saying there is a darkness in her.

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
dude laying good pipe on his white wife to keep getting gigs.

all jokes aside, good luck to the brotha. i might peep it on a down day

tenor.gif

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So is Kristen possessed. Is that why on the first episode everyone said you look different. Plus they keep saying there is a darkness in her.

I don't think possessed, but she indulges in shyt that she should not. I kinda look her as a person that shouldn't drink cause they make shytty decisions when they're drunk. They aren't an alcoholic per'se but they just don't make good decisions when they're drunk. And I think she doesn't use her best judgement when "dipping a toe" in whatever she is into.

The mother I think is something else. So you have GOD, the devil, I would bet that she is a nephilim.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Paramount has confirmed a Season 3

PARAMOUNT+ RENEWS HIT ORIGINAL SERIES “EVIL” FOR A THIRD SEASON

The First Three Episodes of Season Two of “EVIL” Are Currently Available to Stream on Paramount +; New Episodes Drop Weekly on Sundays

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today announced that its hit original series, EVIL, was renewed for a third season. The first three episodes of season two of EVIL are currently available to stream on Paramount+. This season is already one of the service’s top acquisition drivers, with viewership growing week over week compared to the first season. New episodes of the 13-episode long second season drop weekly on Sundays, exclusively for Paramount+ subscribers.

2Klub

Support BGOL
Registered
I was hoping Ep. 4 was going to dive deeper into Sister Andrea. I wondered if she may have been some sort of angel.
Wild how the apartment building was both haunted and had the forgotten sub sub basement/foundation? They need to do a mini episode explaining the nether realm.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was hoping Ep. 4 was going to dive deeper into Sister Andrea. I wondered if she may have been some sort of angel.
Wild how the apartment building was both haunted and had the forgotten sub sub basement/foundation? They need to do a mini episode explaining the nether realm.

It's the connection with reasonable explanation with the irrational that sells it.

Cause what if they try it again...

And it doesn't work?

2Klub

Support BGOL
Registered
This episode hit me with the Black folk and catholic church, hit me hard

I’m loving the show. VERY curious to see if David will follow up. David is a part of the church bc he has heard God directly and it seems that virtually no one at the church is truly supportive of him or at least recognizes what’s happening to him, save for Sister Andrea. The Black minister was interesting and maybe triggering some sort of wake up/realization.

It's the connection with reasonable explanation with the irrational that sells it.

Cause what if they try it again...

And it doesn't work?

I’ve found that I always enjoy that aspect as well. I think that’s what’s kept Ben as a skeptic although some of the most interesting plot holes have been with his character. For example, in the first season with his sister and the talking smart device. That seemed like there should’ve been more footage or it was just story development they stopped working on

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’ve found that I always enjoy that aspect as well. I think that’s what’s kept Ben as a skeptic although some of the most interesting plot holes have been with his character. For example, in the first season with his sister and the talking smart device. That seemed like there should’ve been more footage or it was just story development they stopped working on

Interesting...

I never see it as unresolved or a plot hole

at least from my perceptive

Its more about how things just don't always make sense or have closure and a neat clean resolution

ESPECIALLY things based on faith or stuff that is difficult to explain.

I like that ambiguous feel

We never SEE them actually SOLVE the elevator puzzle.

We KNOW they are going to but we NEVER see them actually DO it.

I like that. Cause it gives it a very dream like feel

What if at the end of the season they show that Ben is STILL in that basement and he is imaging being freed?

Not going to happen...

but it could.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m loving the show. VERY curious to see if David will follow up. David is a part of the church bc he has heard God directly and it seems that virtually no one at the church is truly supportive of him or at least recognizes what’s happening to him, save for Sister Andrea. The Black minister was interesting and maybe triggering some sort of wake up/realization.

Like I said it hits real close to home for me. So it was difficult to watch

but I can say this...

when the instructor priest says, you think very highly of yourself and your value to the church don;t you?

I can confirm that is REAL.

I did NOT think they would go THERE.

2Klub

Support BGOL
Registered
Like I said it hits real close to home for me. So it was difficult to watch

but I can say this...

when the instructor priest says, you think very highly of yourself and your value to the church don;t you?

I can confirm that is REAL.

I did NOT think they would go THERE.

Maybe it’s fucked up that I thought this (que Talib Kwali album skit….”my conditioning has conditioning”) but that scene had me not knowing what David was going to say. On top of that, I was surprised he said yes and felt a sense of pride. If I wasn’t so damn tired, I’m sure I would’ve yelled out…you gotdamn right he has a high worth to the church.

Not Catholic but see enough to say that the Catholic Church has roots all over the world and as we know, the majority of the world isn’t white Angelo Saxon. Furthermore, we have next to no idea the secrets and history that institution safe guards.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maybe it’s fucked up that I thought this (que Talib Kwali album skit….”my conditioning has conditioning”) but that scene had me not knowing what David was going to say. On top of that, I was surprised he said yes and felt a sense of pride. If I wasn’t so damn tired, I’m sure I would’ve yelled out…you gotdamn right he has a high worth to the church.

Not Catholic but see enough to say that the Catholic Church has roots all over the world and as we know, the majority of the world isn’t white Angelo Saxon. Furthermore, we have next to no idea the secrets and history that institution safe guards.

It runs REAL deep all that happened in such a brief scene. but you got it 100%

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is one of those shows where the creators had a vision and they are presenting the vision they wanted. The show flows so well. I can't imagine how they will keep this up, but I am ready.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is one of those shows where the creators had a vision and they are presenting the vision they wanted. The show flows so well. I can't imagine how they will keep this up, but I am ready.

I think they got like 4 years mapped out

‘Evil’ Renewed for Season 3 at Paramount+
The former CBS drama recently made its debut on the streaming platform following a year and a half delay.

BY LESLEY GOLDBERG
Expect Evil to get a bit more, uh, evil.
The former CBS drama, which recently moved to streamer Paramount+, has earned a speedy third season pickup at the ViacomCBS-backed platform. The news comes mere weeks after the delayed second season launched on Paramount+ after more than a year and a half off the air.

In making the announcement, Paramount+ noted that Evil has already been one of the streamer’s top acquisition drivers with viewership growing week-over-week compared with the drama’s freshman run. Season one hit Paramount+ after it wrapped its run on CBS, while the sophomore cycle launched as an original.

Starring Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Emerson and Christine Lahti, season two was written for CBS, meaning a the newly ordered third season will be written specifically to air on a streaming platform, giving creators and showrunners Robert and Michelle King a bit more creative freedom to play with.

The psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil and the line between science and religion hails from CBS Studios, where the Kings recently renewed their longtime overall deal with a new five-year pact. The married duo will remain showrunners for season three of Evil, which joins The Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight on Paramount+.
The first three episodes of Evil season two are now available on Paramount+; new episodes bow weekly on the former CBS All Access.
Evil is part of a scripted roster at Paramount+ that also includes the Star Trek franchise, Showtime transfer Halo, reboots of Frasier, The Game, iCarly, Criminal Minds and Taylor Sheridan’s Yellowstone prequel and Jeremy Renner entry Mayor of Kingstown, among others. The platform also recently ordered an untitled Kiefer Sutherland drama and is a home for kids-focused Nickelodeon originals including SpongeBob spinoff, among others.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

They smart to put this on the app cause now they gonna add more language and graphic stuff

Not that I want TOO MUCH OF THAT

Sidebar...

It was netflix that made this show hot though...

And this isn't the first time that has happened

I'm wondering how Netflix plays that game in the future

Cause usually netflix would just do a lucifer move and pick it up for themselves

Now rival entertainment companies using Netflix reach to not only launch but expand their OWN existing audience

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Paramount has confirmed a Season 3

PARAMOUNT+ RENEWS HIT ORIGINAL SERIES “EVIL” FOR A THIRD SEASON

The First Three Episodes of Season Two of “EVIL” Are Currently Available to Stream on Paramount +; New Episodes Drop Weekly on Sundays

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today announced that its hit original series, EVIL, was renewed for a third season. The first three episodes of season two of EVIL are currently available to stream on Paramount+. This season is already one of the service’s top acquisition drivers, with viewership growing week over week compared to the first season. New episodes of the 13-episode long second season drop weekly on Sundays, exclusively for Paramount+ subscribers.

Welp, I was WAY OFF on this one!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the devil is in the details bruh

2a8514b5621ac4837cbbea3d5f7dce938966b229.gifv

Speaking of details the handshake between David and Frank black Catholics, we just instinctively have to greet each other as such. Funny (to only me) the brother that is the 4 square preacher. My pops is the pastor of a 4 square church.

I think that grandmother needs to be around that blonde granddaughter for whatever reason.

I still wish they kept Ben as a skeptic, him falling back on his faith, while what ANY sane person in his shoes would do. I think hinders his role in the group. Now that his faith is restored he can go as hard as David in the religious sense of future cases. Although it could be that they are switching the roles between Ben and Kristen, cause she is loading up on those pills thinking they're hallucinations.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Speaking of details the handshake between David and Frank black Catholics, we just instinctively have to greet each other as such. Funny (to only me) the brother that is the 4 square preacher. My pops is the pastor of a 4 square church.

I think that grandmother needs to be around that blonde granddaughter for whatever reason.

I still wish they kept Ben as a skeptic, him falling back on his faith, while what ANY sane person in his shoes would do. I think hinders his role in the group. Now that his faith is restored he can go as hard as David in the religious sense of future cases. Although it could be that they are switching the roles between Ben and Kristen, cause she is loading up on those pills thinking they're hallucinations.

Bro I WISH I could get personal on that Black catholic stuff on here.

There is going to be a BIG MAJOR reveal with the grandmother... they SETTING it all up. I have NO IDEA what it is going to be.

Ben is STILL a skeptic bro. but this is perfect because he is getting TESTED every week. He is being put to the atheist skeptic gauntlet. If you REALLY about it? Then BE ABOUT IT. but we ALL know when the fire surrounds you MOST will go right back to their roots. but once the fire is OUT lets see what happens. Ben isn't praying 5 times a day or nothing just yet we just seeing him TESTED. In the WORST way.

And they ALL ARE BEING TESTED. the girl was getting crucifix burns but she STILL taking MEDICATION cause she doubts, the brother is being tested too cause NOW he seeing all the dirty INSIDE working of the church. It isn't a mystical magical place anymore. Now he sees bureaucracy and money are a BIG PART.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting...

I never see it as unresolved or a plot hole

at least from my perceptive

Its more about how things just don't always make sense or have closure and a neat clean resolution

ESPECIALLY things based on faith or stuff that is difficult to explain.

I like that ambiguous feel

We never SEE them actually SOLVE the elevator puzzle.

We KNOW they are going to but we NEVER see them actually DO it.

I like that. Cause it gives it a very dream like feel

What if at the end of the season they show that Ben is STILL in that basement and he is imaging being freed?

Not going to happen...

but it could.

But they NEVER explain these things. Technically there is still three bodies in that "Netherrealm"! Do all buildings have this some kind of subterreanen level or just that one. Why is it there, why make it accessible. Cause once the news story breaks on this folks in that universe are going to start doing that shyt. Last episode the Matilda lost her Jinn to Kristen but still causing fires. If I am her father I am calling them back on some; 'Ya'll need to come fix this shyt cause it didn't work!!!!' I think last season that evil boy was still killing people, Episode before last homies wife turned to a ton of salt. What happens to him? How do you explain that shyt to police? The show just ends, don't get me wrong I like ambiguity, but this isn't like the final scene in the Sopranos. This takes you to a cliff, with someone charging at you and the next episode it is something totally different.

Maybe the ambiguity is to be brought up in a season/series (yeah I am still stuck on that) finale where everything that wasn't resolved comes to a head, but I have seen enough shows to know that the let down is REAL!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But they NEVER explain these things. Technically there is still three bodies in that "Netherrealm"! Do all buildings have this some kind of subterreanen level or just that one. Why is it there, why make it accessible. Cause once the news story breaks on this folks in that universe are going to start doing that shyt. Last episode the Matilda lost her Jinn to Kristen but still causing fires. If I am her father I am calling them back on some; 'Ya'll need to come fix this shyt cause it didn't work!!!!' I think last season that evil boy was still killing people, Episode before last homies wife turned to a ton of salt. What happens to him? How do you explain that shyt to police? The show just ends, don't get me wrong I like ambiguity, but this isn't like the final scene in the Sopranos. This takes you to a cliff, with someone charging at you and the next episode it is something totally different.

Maybe the ambiguity is to be brought up in a season/series (yeah I am still stuck on that) finale where everything that wasn't resolved comes to a head, but I have seen enough shows to know that the let down is REAL!!!!

the AMBIGUITY IS ALL PART OF IT

if they answer... where is the mystery? where is the debate?

You can't be a skeptic and I GIVE YOU indisputable PROOF!

With this form of storytelling, there is always doubt and hope and faith...

Which is the foundation of all belief systems.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro I WISH I could get personal on that Black catholic stuff on here.

There is going to be a BIG MAJOR reveal with the grandmother... they SETTING it all up. I have NO IDEA what it is going to be.

Ben is STILL a skeptic bro. but this is perfect because he is getting TESTED every week. He is being put to the atheist skeptic gauntlet. If you REALLY about it? Then BE ABOUT IT. but we ALL know when the fire surrounds you MOST will go right back to their roots. but once the fire is OUT lets see what happens. Ben isn't praying 5 times a day or nothing just yet we just seeing him TESTED. In the WORST way.

And they ALL ARE BEING TESTED. the girl was getting crucifix burns but she STILL taking MEDICATION cause she doubts, the brother is being tested too cause NOW he seeing all the dirty INSIDE working of the church. It isn't a mystical magical place anymore. Now he sees bureaucracy and money are a BIG PART.

Ben isn't a skeptic if he is saying he knows how to fight her. That is a belief. That in order for me to beat you I need to take this path. The skeptic route is to talk to a psychiatrist and get doped up. Western Islam isn't the same as ACTUAL Islam. I just don't think he was the skeptic that they wanted us to believe. That one episode from the 1st season (s01e03 him talking with his sister you can see he has a sense of belief. (rewatching to back my claim)