TV Discussion : Evil - new supernatural series on CBS starring Mike "Luke Cage" Colter UPDATE: 4TH & FINAL SEASON!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I had to rewind that. I thought she said "black van".

when she said that line

HOW she said that line?

so casual so automatic so immediate so cold

and after the conversation leaning on the car when she said

"I'm not racist. At least I like to think so."

ain't NOTHING in that entire show

besides the hospital bed episode

send an an icy shiver down my spine like that.

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
when she said that line

HOW she said that line?

so casual so automatic so immediate so cold

and after the conversation leaning on the car when she said

"I;m not racist. At least I like to think so."

ain't NOTHING in that entire show

besides the hospital bed episode

send an an icy shiver down my spine like that.
And she also referred to herself as one of the good cops.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So then how do you explain the chemical reaction to the clear ammonia? Also shouldn't they've been able to smell that "holy water"?

THAT ONE the writers need to explain.

I can TRY to get them out of it like this. A little bit of inside baseball

SOME Holy water is scented its not just blessed salt water all the time and even has a little oil in it

and I know the concentration of cleaner they use in the rectory is concentrated.

You COULD mix the cleaner with it and the scent would be off and depending on the person it would irritate burn itch...

with all the theatrics?

You would think the ammonia or "weird" smell is just a reaction from the "demon's presence"

now steam? that is TV stuff ( I think)

but she makes David pour out some dirty water at the end ( I think), so we might not ever know the REAL mix was

Also the Sister seems to KNOW about true Evil much more than anyone else in the church

she may know what REALLY HURTS a special agent of the Devil like Leland.

We KNOW it wasn't REAL holy water so that's enough for me.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And she also referred to herself as one of the good cops.

YUP.

It was a damn near perfect Blue Lives Matter Speech

scary as f*ck.

But crazy tyhing is?

From what WE HAVE SEEN?

She IS!

Because if a cop helps us PERSONALLY...

If WE were in a similar situation Lord forbid

and a cop "let us off"

Wouldn't we think they were a "good cop"?

IT goes back to the whole Law & Order speech from the producer earlier.

I was legit SHOCKED that they said the NAME Vic Makey

the damn patron saint of all this bad cop doing good bullsh*t

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
2BCC9D93-CB97-49BA-81E3-D11DD7156130.thumb.jpeg.7248c10ebdb13f624da84f6c7a8250e7.jpeg

2Klub

Support BGOL
Registered
Probably the scariest line of the entire series

"I'll just say you saw a black man in your yard and scared him off."

My jaw dropped to the floor

that one got me too! I felt a range of emotions…went from “wait…what’s happening, why the partner leaving?”, “oh cool, homie is looking out for her friend, damn that’s diabolical…Kristen must be feeling relief.” to “WTF…that motherfucker DAMN she did say earlier that 70% of her arrest were of Black people, she ain’t changed after all.”

Told yall about the grandmother...

And about Ben's crisis

didn't I?

Someone before wondered if the grandmother was a demon and I wrote that off but NOW….I don’t know. That was slick how the show opened with her like she was one of the demon narrators with the book. I’m wondering if that book is actually kept at Kristen’s house. Grandma been doing shit behind the scenes.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ben isn't a skeptic if he is saying he knows how to fight her. That is a belief. That in order for me to beat you I need to take this path. The skeptic route is to talk to a psychiatrist and get doped up. Western Islam isn't the same as ACTUAL Islam. I just don't think he was the skeptic that they wanted us to believe. That one episode from the 1st season (s01e03 him talking with his sister you can see he has a sense of belief. (rewatching to back my claim)

Homeboy so desperate

He actually went to the post office

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Watch the eerie first 3 minutes of Evil's silent episode

The team visits a silent monastery in the midseason premiere.
By Chancellor Agard
August 25, 2021 at 03:06 PM EDT

Netflix, Paramount+, Paramount+ (Via Prime Video), and more options

How are David (Mike Colter), Kristen (Katja Herbers), and Ben (Aasif Mandvi) supposed to investigate a potential miracle without talking when asking questions and having conversations is part of their process? That's the question they face in Evil's midseason premiere, the highly-anticipated silent episode — and you can watch the first three minutes of it above.
Why can't the trio speak? Well, because the Vatican sent them to a silent monastery to examine the corpse of Father Thomas, whose body hasn't decayed in the year following his death. No one has uttered a word since the monastery was founded 130 years ago. Because this is television, it's almost guaranteed that will change at some point in the episode. The sneak peek above reveals what happens when the team first arrives at the abbey.

On Tuesday, co-creator Robert King, who wrote the episode with co-creator Michelle King, shared a fun and very Evil tease for "S Is for Silence" while promoting The Good Fight's season 5 finale. "[The episode] is about silencing the mind, devil cabinets, getting drunk with a nun, and a haunted tomb," the producer tweeted. "In other words, 2021!! We think you'll like it."

Despite recent events (read: avoiding a murder charge because she's white), Kristen will have some fun at the monastery because she spends a significant amount of the excursion inebriated.

"That episode was also so fun for me because I got to get very drunk again, which is one of my favorite things [to portray]," Herbers told EW in June. "Robert King actually directed that. And I know that it was a wish of [Robert King] to make a silent episode. It was quite, quite wonderful."

Colter also had a great time shooting the challenging installment. "It was refreshing. At first I was like, 'Oh my God, wait a minute. What? Oh, geez.' Because as an actor, you're going, 'Oh, where's my dialogue?' But honestly, I've had the fortune to be able to have worked on things, whether it be a play or television or some film, something where I've had this experience [of] being able to tell stories without sound," he said, referencing the time he played Frankenstein's monster in a production of Frankenstein and couldn't speak for the first 20 minutes of the play. "But I think that's what's going to be great about this because we know the characters so well. I think we'll completely be really engaged by what we're seeing because it looks wonderful."

Evil returns Sunday on Paramount+.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Absolutely no need for dialogue

None the copped out with that.

The inner voice sub were enough and very very clever.

The should have kept the whole thing silent

Nah, that writing trying to explain the botfly would have KILLED me!

But trying to clear your mind that is ME!!! Once one fcuk gets in there, it is just an avalanche of other curse words.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Best drama/horror/scifi in its category. Going to the streaming service was best for the show. I just hope that people can find it and enjoy it as well.

I been tried to tell these folks...

They gonna become the signature show for the app and hopefully be compensated Accordingly

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah, that writing trying to explain the botfly would have KILLED me!

But trying to clear your mind that is ME!!! Once one fcuk gets in there, it is just an avalanche of other curse words.

When I was seriously on my yoga? I could

It was the freaking best!

I gotta go back to that.

It's all in the breathing

Once you get that? It's real close to perfect peace.

It's never blank...

It's just not "something"

Water, sky, rhythm, colors....

That's the focus.

Sometimes just focusing on focusing is enough.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I was seriously on my yoga? I could

It was the freaking best!

I gotta go back to that.

It's all in the breathing

Once you get that? It's real close to perfect peace.

It's never blank...

It's just not "something"

Water, sky, rhythm, colors....

That's the focus.

Sometimes just focusing on focusing is enough.

Yo! I am not disciplined enough. I did yoga and the times where shyt just was racing through my head I would fall asleep during those meditation periods.

I'd like to get back into yoga too, but the minute I do then my wife and punk ass mother-in-law is gonna tag along, which will bring my daughter and then I get squeezed out of something that I wanted to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yo! I am not disciplined enough. I did yoga and the times where shyt just was racing through my head I would fall asleep during those meditation periods.

I'd like to get back into yoga too, but the minute I do then my wife and punk ass mother-in-law is gonna tag along, which will bring my daughter and then I get squeezed out of something that I wanted to do.

Sleeping is not a bad thing bro

It's not boredom or lack of focus

You just reached a state of total relaxation

And the tag along folk robbing you of value deep rem.

They hating :lol:

You should go back to it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
OK...

The sexual tension between these two is insane

It's was incredible the way just LOOKING at each other

Completely non verbal was smoldering

Now that is acting

Or David just got that skill cause he did that throughout Luke Cage too.

Last edited: