TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Bro I told you already...

You could be this generation one man

siskel and ebert

Seriously your knowledge vocabulary attitude and tone would make your blog, podcast whatever a platinum hit.

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it. Definitely have learned alot from reading articles & listening to assorted podcasts. It enriches the viewing experience. I ramble by nature, but do my best to keep it upbeat. Thanks again, Playa.

:cheers:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Wow

I have only heard of ONE of these!

The funny thing is - that’s just a small fraction of them too. So many damn good podcasts out there these days. Love being a fly on the wall of assorted perspectives in conversations. Helps you with your own critical thinking & listening skills. Learn alot while being entertained too. Just make sure to skip all ad breaks and increase the audio playback speed if they are slow talkers or have too-long running times on episodes, haha.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SWEET TOOTH

This series was a fun and charming watch for me.It definitely made me reflect on the current Pandemic climate.There's a lot of great world building and interesting factions that make up the post apocalyptic world in this series.
I'm glad they decide to make it a series instead of a film which would have tried to cram everything into 2 hours.
Great performances from Dania Ramirez,Nonso Anozie,Will Forte,Adeel Akhtar and Stefania LaVie Owen
James Brolin sounds like he's doing a Wilford Brimley impression at times and the pacing is a bit off but im looking forward to season 2

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Time

f74ddec9553ade9cdd2f174d3961f112.png

Mark Cobden is newly imprisoned, consumed by guilt for his crime, and way out of his depth in the volatile world of prison life. He meets Eric McNally, an excellent prison officer doing his best to protect those in his charge. However, when one of the most dangerous inmates identifies his weakness, Eric faces an impossible choice; between his principles and his family.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Flatbush Misdemeanors

d9fb8dbaa6718a8b2efc62a4be6e02ca.png

Flatbush Misdemeanors is a raw comedy of city life following Dan and Kevin, who play characters struggling to thrive in their new surroundings in the brash environment of Flatbush, Brooklyn. Bold, smart and grounded in authenticity, the show explores two longtime friends seeking to climb out of their heads and connect with others.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Time

f74ddec9553ade9cdd2f174d3961f112.png

Mark Cobden is newly imprisoned, consumed by guilt for his crime, and way out of his depth in the volatile world of prison life. He meets Eric McNally, an excellent prison officer doing his best to protect those in his charge. However, when one of the most dangerous inmates identifies his weakness, Eric faces an impossible choice; between his principles and his family.

Damn. Sean Bean looks like a weather-beaten strip of leather in the thumbnail.

Muhfucka looks like a lobster fisherman who's endured sixteen or seventeen Nor'easters and survived a perfect storm.

He look like if UV damage was a person.

Got Sean lookin' like a piece of human driftwood out here with no makeup.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn. Sean Bean looks like a weather-beaten strip of leather in the thumbnail.

Muhfucka looks like a lobster fisherman who's endured sixteen or seventeen Nor'easters and survived a perfect storm.

He look like if UV damage was a person.

Got Sean lookin' like a piece of human driftwood out here with no makeup.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Does his character survive this series..? :lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Mare of Easttown was really fucking good.....

the highlights for me..... the ending to episode 5...mayne!!

the twists and turns of 6...

I thought episode 7 was wrapping shit up....then saw there was like 35 mins left.......damn good show

Glad you liked it too! Yeah - that episode 5 ending was intense. Good point about episode 7 ... we noticed that too ... felt like more story was definitely gonna be told as they were only midway through the finale at that point. Felt like things came to an appropriate close. Well acted during the emotional sequences.

Episode 6 was a strong penultimate leading into the finale. Set things up well ... not knowing what type of confrontation(s) were going to occur in 7.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I am am so hard to make laugh

and I am tough on comedies

honestly I have to sometimes STOP watching cause I just can't make it thru an entire episode

not EVERY episode

but their batting average is insane

:thumbsup:

Totally agree. So glad that many comedies do NOT require laugh tracks anymore. Or on a related note, dramas that incorporate humor too. Man ... the comedies and sitcoms that still rely on laugh tracks (instead of live audiences) ... ugh. It's weird seeing a show filled with a laugh track which is only MILDLY amusing at best. Props to the shows that have quick-witted writing and dialogue, physical humor, and other elements ... and it's up to the viewers to laugh on their own (and they certainly will).

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I still think one of the BEST career moves (not being pigeonholed) was Bryan Cranston making a name for himself with the humor and antics / physical comedy as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle. To turning in one of the all-time best dramatic performances on Breaking Bad.

Who in the fuck saw that coming?

That was awesome.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:thumbsup:

Totally agree. So glad that many comedies do NOT require laugh tracks anymore. Or on a related note, dramas that incorporate humor too. Man ... the comedies and sitcoms that still rely on laugh tracks (instead of live audiences) ... ugh. It's weird seeing a show filled with a laugh track which is only MILDLY amusing at best. Props to the shows that have quick-witted writing and dialogue, physical humor, and other elements ... and it's up to the viewers to laugh on their own (and they certainly will).

laugh tracks on modern series are HORRIBLE.

Live audience is fine but the laugh track completes throws EVERYTHING off.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still think one of the BEST career moves (not being pigeonholed) was Bryan Cranston making a name for himself with the humor and antics / physical comedy as the dad on Malcolm in the Middle. To turning in one of the all-time best dramatic performances on Breaking Bad.

Who in the fuck saw that coming?

That was awesome.

To be fair who the HELL would have thought the Commish aka Michael chiklis would turn into Vic Makay the damn godfather of cable anti hero leads.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
To be fair who the HELL would have thought the Commish aka Michael chiklis would turn into Vic Makay the damn godfather of cable anti hero leads.

Yeah - The Commish to The Shield ... wow.

Did you have a chance to see Coyote earlier this year? Short number of episodes (Chiklis series).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah - hearing the faux laughter while you're sitting there TRYING to generate half a smile is a strange feeling.

You're asking yourself - "Should I be laughing? That wasn't very funny ..."

Its damn near excruciating and NEVER helps.
'
And something else you mentioned that as SPOT ON

notice how funny these SERIOUS dramas are?

Mare of Easttown had LEGIT laugh out loud funny moments!!!

Same goes for SHIELD, Narcos etc etc....

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I don't know if this show has been mentioned yet in this thread..

but one of the FUNNIEST shows in the HISTORY of modern television

yeah I said it...

is Psych

those two gentlemen are on some Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Hardy level good.
Maaan...Psych and Scrubs used to have my ass out of breath. :suicide:
I never caught either of them while they were on the air but I'd watch them both every day in syndication along with Law & Order shows.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Its damn near excruciating and NEVER helps.
'
And something else you mentioned that as SPOT ON

notice how funny these SERIOUS dramas are?

Mare of Easttown had LEGIT laugh out loud funny moments!!!

Same goes for SHIELD, Narcos etc etc....

:roflmao3:

Agreed. They use them very effectively to offer some levity. That was legit funny when Mare was laughing at her mom in the car ride home after the silly revelation at the person's wake. Mom saying it was only 2 times ... maybe 3 times tops!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maaan...Psych and Scrubs used to have my ass out of breath. :suicide:
I never caught either of them while they were on the air but I'd watch them both every day in syndication along with Law & Order shows.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrubs>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow... I would HATE to have to choose WHO was the FUNNIER DUO...

Psych or Scrubs?!?!?!?!??!?!?

I just CANNOT do it NOPE not possible

sidebar...

the scrubs podcast is dope.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
you had RECOMMEND THAT!!!!

OK was about to do either Hacks or Picard or Star Trek

but you know what?

I think THAT is the next one on my list.

It was pretty good. If I recall correctly - it was around 6 episodes. Sort of got lost in the shuffle via CBS All Access / Paramount. We watched it back in January. Good performances in it - and good to see Chiklis again as I hadn't followed his career or some of the movie roles years back.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:roflmao3:

Agreed. They use them very effectively to offer some levity. That was legit funny when Mare was laughing at her mom in the car ride home after the silly revelation at the person's wake. Mom saying it was only 2 times ... maybe 3 times tops!
BOOM

that shows just how SMART the writing directing and acting is

cause to me?

I died when the gallon of milk flew threw the window

and Mare KEPT on eating!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@Helico-pterFunk

OK actually...

I am so weird bro

the funny part for me that had me ROLLING?

when Mare goes next door to accuse the ex in front his finance and the kids

and it QUICKLY went LEFT!

For ME?? that kind of stuff is HILARIOUS especially in the hands of master actors like that

Mad Men used to make me laugh the same way

One day, I hope I have the time and the will to REWATCH Mad Men from the beginning

(shout Sal where are you!!!???)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Helico-pterFunk

OK actually...

I am so weird bro

the funny part for me that had me ROLLING?

when Mare goes next door to accuse the ex in front his finance and the kids

and it QUICKLY went LEFT!

For ME?? that kind of stuff is HILARIOUS especially in the hands of master actors like that

Mad Men used to make me laugh the same way

One day, I hope I have the time and the will to REWATCH Mad Men from the beginning

(shout Sal where are you!!!???)

Agreed. It's a very common human experience when you're in the wrong, or something blows up in your face. Or that feeling of being embarassed and on the spot. All eyes on you. People upset.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Jean Smart at her age SOLD THAT so well!

The interrupted make out session in the the garage, the bad trip at the radio station, so many moments!

Had a mini Snickers bar edible at a house party a few years back. When it hit me ... it hit me. I was moving and talking in slow motion and mentioned that to friends, lol. My brother was in town a few summers ago. We were at another house party with mutual friends. Near the end of the night I noticed my brother sitting and sweating in the corner. Totally relaxed. I asked him if he had an edible, and he laughed and said he didn't realize how strong those damn chocolate chip cookies were. He had given up weed years prior. Not an edible connoisseur. I said don't worry, I got you ... and was the designated driver for him and some of our friends.

:giggle:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@Helico-pterFunk

OK I gotta get this off my chest, I thought I had already mentioned this

I did NOT like Beth.

Why?

ONE SCENE

Dawn feels GUILTY about how hard she been on Mare when she heard she got suspended

and Beth of ALL people came out her face and said nah nah you just being a mother don't worry about that.

WTF?

This is the SAME woman that EVERY SINGLE TIME her junkie brother does some f*cked up stuff?

Who she got on speed dial?

MARE

Not 9111 NOT the police

MARE

How you say something like that for someone how has been helping YOU FAMILY while searching for kidnapped white girls?

end rant