TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Had a mini Snickers bar edible at a house party a few years back. When it hit me ... it hit me. I was moving and talking in slow motion and mentioned that to friends, lol. My brother was in town a few summers ago. We were at another house party with mutual friends. Near the end of the night I noticed my brother sitting and sweating in the corner. Totally relaxed. I asked him if he had an edible, and he laughed and said he didn't realize how strong those damn chocolate chip cookies were. He had given up weed years prior. Not an edible connoisseur. I said don't worry, I got you ... and was the designated driver for him and some of our friends.

:giggle:

h - FUNK>>>>>>>

the one you can depend on!!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@Helico-pterFunk

OK I gotta get this off my chest, I thought I had already mentioned this

I did NOT like Beth.

Why?

ONE SCENE

Dawn feels GUILTY about how hard she been on Mare when she heard she got suspended

and Beth of ALL people came out her face and said nah nah you just being a mother don't worry about that.

WTF?

This is the SAME woman that EVERY SINGLE TIME her junkie brother does some f*cked up stuff?

Who she got on speed dial?

MARE

Not 9111 NOT the police

MARE

How you say something like that for someone how has been helping YOU FAMILY while searching for kidnapped white girls?

end rant

Yeah - you were saying earlier about that. It was a tricky balance for Mare with her 2 close friends from some 25 years ago. One with a troubled brother, and the other a missing daughter. They were lashing out at Mare, despite the fact that she was doing her best for them & still a good friend. And already had alot on her plate with her own family situation, and overload with work.

One scene I did like between those 2 friends was when the woman didn't reveal to Beth that it was her brother trying to pull a fast one for the money. When she returned home to the house (she was babysitting, if I recall correctly) and the woman kept it on the hush from her. That was a mature move. A tough position to be in.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
h - FUNK>>>>>>>

the one you can depend on!!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao3: :thumbsup:

I had flashbacks to the damn Snickers bar. I could feel myself processing my speech in slow motion. Had me walking sideways. I knew that chocolate chip cookie had my sibling messed up in that hot July heat. He was sweating from the humidity and the high. He was staying at my dad's place while in town and leaving the next day around noon. He told me later he tried to SLEEP IT OFF as long as possible so he didn't have to explain the high to pops. Had to mask it in the morning on the drive to the airport! I dropped him off around midnight.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah - you were saying earlier about that. It was a tricky balance for Mare with her 2 close friends from some 25 years ago. One with a troubled brother, and the other a missing daughter. They were lashing out at Mare, despite the fact that she was doing her best for them & still a good friend. And already had alot on her plate with her own family situation, and overload with work.

One scene I did like between those 2 friends was when the woman didn't reveal to Beth that it was her brother trying to pull a fast one for the money. When she returned home to the house (she was babysitting, if I recall correctly) and the woman kept it on the hush from her. That was a mature move. A tough position to be in.

BOOM!!!

that was so damn heart-wrenching

cause OBVIOUSLY Beth is a GOOD PERSON

and WORSE she TOLD HER NOT TO GO!

and what was SMART was the audience KNEW the WHOLE time it was the brother, he BARELY disguised his voice

It showed the AUDIENCE just how BROKEN this mother was how DESPERATE she was

cause if I COULD hear and recognize his voice"?

So could SHE!

That is AGAIN great acting writing directing and SOUND.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
BOOM!!!

that was so damn heart-wrenching

cause OBVIOUSLY Beth is a GOOD PERSON

and WORSE she TOLD HER NOT TO GO!

and what was SMART was the audience KNEW the WHOLE time it was the brother, he BARELY disguised his voice

It showed the AUDIENCE just how BROKEN this mother was how DESPERATE she was

cause if I COULD hear and recognize his voice"?

So could SHE?

That is AGAIN great acting writing directing and SOUND.

Agreed. Very difficult position for both friends to be in. And sometimes in life you just withhold information from friends & family when you know it doesn't serve any purpose. It's further just going to complicate matters or make people upset. You just keep it to yourself, so long as something terrible didn't happen. And at that point ... she was still a mess re: trying to locate her kid. She was already still preoccupied.

Good points re: acting, writing, directing and sound.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Damn. Sean Bean looks like a weather-beaten strip of leather in the thumbnail.

Muhfucka looks like a lobster fisherman who's endured sixteen or seventeen Nor'easters and survived a perfect storm.

He look like if UV damage was a person.

Got Sean lookin' like a piece of human driftwood out here with no makeup.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao3::frozen:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Time

f74ddec9553ade9cdd2f174d3961f112.png

Mark Cobden is newly imprisoned, consumed by guilt for his crime, and way out of his depth in the volatile world of prison life. He meets Eric McNally, an excellent prison officer doing his best to protect those in his charge. However, when one of the most dangerous inmates identifies his weakness, Eric faces an impossible choice; between his principles and his family.

This looks interesting

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
SWEET TOOTH

This series was a fun and charming watch for me.It definitely made me reflect on the current Pandemic climate.There's a lot of great world building and interesting factions that make up the post apocalyptic world in this series.
I'm glad they decide to make it a series instead of a film which would have tried to cram everything into 2 hours.
Great performances from Dania Ramirez,Nonso Anozie,Will Forte,Adeel Akhtar and Stefania LaVie Owen
James Brolin sounds like he's doing a Wilford Brimley impression at times and the pacing is a bit off but im looking forward to season 2

The wife and I are really enjoying this

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Loki started ...:money:

afc97b6e812d78071cad4df2f1b6a991.png

Marvel Studios’ “Loki” features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new Disney+ series that takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.” Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs “Loki,” and Michael Waldron is head writer.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting - it's partially filmed in the province. Got some friends and coworkers who live in Richmond ...

Principal photography for the first season began on September 3, 2019, and ended on January 30, 2020, in Richmond, British Columbia.[14] The closing credits note that the pilot was partially filmed in San Francisco including the downtown areas of The Embarcadero, and North Beach.[15]
Unfortunately I just found out it was cancelled after two seasons, I really liked that show.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good start some interesting setups and look at another part of The Marvel Universe.
Not to involving yet but im already wondering about a few things especially if this story will alter anything major that has occurred in the Marvel films so far.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know it's not for everyone but I like Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist starring Jane Levy, she was the original Mandy Milkovitch on Shameless.

Oh shit?! Damn that was her, hahaha

Yeah she wass"too big" to go back to that show.....

Do, I liked her in What/If with Renee Zellweger.... I wish that got a second season.....

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Loki started ...:money:

afc97b6e812d78071cad4df2f1b6a991.png

Marvel Studios’ “Loki” features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new Disney+ series that takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.” Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs “Loki,” and Michael Waldron is head writer.

Had me at Gugu Mbatha-RAAAAAWWW!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
In recent days ... checked out episodes 5 and 6 of Hacks.

The 1st ep of the 4-part boxing docuseries, The Kings. Excellent.

At the midway point of The Serpent.

Looking forward to season 2 of Black Summer soon.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Also going to be watching the 4-part docuseries, By Whatever Means Necessary - the Times of Godfather of Harlem. Have that one lined up to watch once we wrap up The Serpent and Hacks in the weeks ahead.

slam

Super Moderator
maybe ...at the very least looks like it might have some eye candy ...:rolleyes:

gonna put it in the trap for some reviews...:yes:

Blindspotting centers on Ashley, who was nipping at the heels of a middle class life in Oakland until Miles, her partner of 12 years and father of their son, is suddenly incarcerated, leaving her to navigate a chaotic and humorous existential crisis when she’s forced to move in with Miles’ mother and half-sister.

ef1db0ccec30631d248235dfd83ea6a7.png

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

slam

Super Moderator
Season 2 started .... :yes:...actually 4 eps in ...

London, four months after the attack. The survivors organize the Resistance. Bill continues his research on aliens and understands that their DNA is human but that their organs are degenerating. In France, a severely wounded dissident alien reaches the Observatory.

187e1a1a5b56ea3be0749f0aee203775.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched 2 eps of Lupin 2nd half that came back, picked up right where they left off. Adding blindspotting to my weekend lineup with The Chi, black monday, the girlfriend experience and batwoman

Good line-up of shows. Gonna start checking out the 2nd half of Lupin very soon.

Checked out eps 7 & 8 of Hacks, ep 2 of the The Kings docuseries, and ep 5 of The Serpent over the weekend.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Friendly reminder that season 2 of Black Summer drops later this week, BGOL fam'.

It's worth a watch and easy to get through ... short season & episodes. Here's the trailers for season 1 and 2.

Running time20–44 minutes

Black Summer is a Canadian streaming television series created by Karl Schaefer and John Hyams. The first season, consisting of 8 episodes, was released on Netflix on April 11, 2019. The series is produced by The Asylum, the same production company behind Z Nation, and is written and directed primarily by Hyams, with Abram Cox writing and directing additional episodes. Jaime King stars in the lead role as Rose, a mother who is separated from her daughter during the earliest and most deadly days of a zombie apocalypse. The series garnered moderate approval from critics. Many of the filming locations are in Calgary, Alberta in Canada. In November 2019, Netflix renewed the series for an eight-episode second season.[1] The second season will be released on June 17, 2021.[2]