TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just discovered all of the free movies and tv shows on my Samsung and LG TV having fun watching old Robotech episodes

on Netflix

secret-city.jpg

AND

AUSTRALIAN version of Orange is the new Black

wentworth-1280x720.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looking to check out this docuseries soon. Luke Thomas mentioned it on one of his recent podcast / radio show episodes. Anyone heard of it, or checked it out in the past week?

1 season - 8 episodes (episodes are listed at 22 - 36 minutes apiece)​

Home Game is a sports documentary web television series. The plot revolves around a global look at traditional and unusual national sports.[1][2]

Home Game was released on June 26, 2020, on Netflix.[1]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looking to check out this docuseries soon. Luke Thomas mentioned it on one of his recent podcast / radio show episodes. Anyone heard of it, or checked it out in the past week?

1 season - 8 episodes (episodes are listed at 22 - 36 minutes apiece)​

Home Game is a sports documentary web television series. The plot revolves around a global look at traditional and unusual national sports.[1][2]

Home Game was released on June 26, 2020, on Netflix.[1]

Watched the first 2 episodes so far. Good stuff.

Calcio Storico
36m
Rugby meets mixed martial arts in the brutally violent calcio storico, a traditional sport of Florence, Italy, that dates back nearly 500 years.

Highland Games
25m
Scotland's Highland games combine a cultural celebration with challenging athletic tests of strength — including the unique caber toss.

AAAABZnIyLrhDgDVTWk3YYKEIf3Ra2aN-fDlhTu6cINtk-sWJ6dJrDVf0_t3eSBLTq9Gx-1O3Uv02C-I8WMM62C2D8CSFfShVnsj0VPcqKEvr39lk-2w.jpg
AAAABb5gfrU325R_3rVWDbHja0YVCFgoV8Y1KffvZfJxhrQa0PkZ16joeygudG8_D6JV336dUEcCm9RKW9Nv837aMv3xcvzRkTYhO38cmuul45dPYgwF.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the Trackers show yesterday. Good watch. Easy to get through at just 6 episodes. Well-acted. Recommend it for those who aren't looking for a big time investment & something new to check out.

Trackers is a South African crime thriller series produced by Scene 24, Three River Studios, Helle Media and Scribe Studios.[1] It is an adaptation of Deon Meyer's 2011 novel of the same name,[2] and it was adapted for television by Robert Thorogood, leading a team of South African writers.[3] It is the first co-production between South Africa pay-TV channel M-Net, HBO's sister network Cinemax and German public broadcaster ZDF.[4]

Before the last episode aired, M-Net announced that Trackers was already their best-performing show of 2019.[5]

On April 17, 2020, it was announced that the series will premiere in the U.S. on June 5, 2020 on Cinemax.[6]

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Dam i gotta decide if i should start Stargirl, Snowpiercer, or this show next

Finished the Trackers show yesterday. Good watch. Easy to get through at just 6 episodes. Well-acted. Recommend it for those who aren't looking for a big time investment & something new to check out.

Trackers is a South African crime thriller series produced by Scene 24, Three River Studios, Helle Media and Scribe Studios.[1] It is an adaptation of Deon Meyer's 2011 novel of the same name,[2] and it was adapted for television by Robert Thorogood, leading a team of South African writers.[3] It is the first co-production between South Africa pay-TV channel M-Net, HBO's sister network Cinemax and German public broadcaster ZDF.[4]

Before the last episode aired, M-Net announced that Trackers was already their best-performing show of 2019.[5]

On April 17, 2020, it was announced that the series will premiere in the U.S. on June 5, 2020 on Cinemax.[6]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Dam i gotta decide if i should start Stargirl, Snowpiercer, or this show next

Good choices. Let me know if you get around to it. Interestingly enough my 70yo aunt told me about it via email. It was her recommendation. I then recommended it to some other fam' & friends, and they got on board too. Season just wrapped up yesterday.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Close Enough is an American web animated sitcom created by J. G. Quintel for HBO Max. Originally, the series was created for TBS in 2017, but was shelved. It was later picked up by HBO Max, and was released exclusively to the streaming service on July 9, 2020. The series has received positive reviews, with several critics comparing it favorably to Quintel’s previous series, Regular Show.[1][2][3][4]

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dragonball Z (Funimation)

For the past couple of months I've been watching the Dragonball z series. And I finish it early this morning.

And I thought this an overall good show. But this anime has a whole lot of filler. I mean it got to the point. Where I would fall asleep on episodes back to back and didn't even bother rewatching them. I would read the summary of the episode and just skip it if nothing important happened.

I can see why other people hate the Z series.

Characters would progress but regress later on episodes. And they would pull the same stuff, such as have the big bad defeated. But talk for 2 episodes, and the big bad would take the time to heal. Then proceed to beat the cocky hero.

Imo I think the Z series should have only been 5 seasons long. Also the other negative about the overall Dragonball series is if you're just starting fresh. Not knowing anything about the series. You are going to be puzzled. By certain characters just showing up, and subplots happen. If you don't watch the movies.

I found this out after about season 3. I said fuck it and kept on watching the series. I'll watch the movies later on.

There is a video on YouTube. To guide new comments, to help them with this problem.

All in all, I enjoyed the series because of the connections. The characters had between one another. I'm currently watching GT. Which is considered non-cannon amongst the Dragonball community. Because the original creator of the series wasn't involved with the GT storyline. Hopefully this review will encourage people to watch the series. There is an abridged Dragonball Z series called Dragonball Z Kai. They pretty much cut out the filler. And get right the point.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Dragonball Z (Funimation)

For the past couple of months I've been watching the Dragonball z series. And I finish it early this morning.

And I thought this an overall good show. But this anime has a whole lot of filler. I mean it got to the point. Where I would fall asleep on episodes back to back and didn't even bother rewatching them. I would read the summary of the episode and just skip it if nothing important happened.

I can see why other people hate the Z series.

Characters would progress but regress later on episodes. And they would pull the same stuff, such as have the big bad defeated. But talk for 2 episodes, and the big bad would take the time to heal. Then proceed to beat the cocky hero.

Imo I think the Z series should have only been 5 seasons long. Also the other negative about the overall Dragonball series is if you're just starting fresh. Not knowing anything about the series. You are going to be puzzled. By certain characters just showing up, and subplots happen. If you don't watch the movies.

I found this out after about season 3. I said fuck it and kept on watching the series. I'll watch the movies later on.

There is a video on YouTube. To guide new comments, to help them with this problem.

All in all, I enjoyed the series because of the connections. The characters had between one another. I'm currently watching GT. Which is considered non-cannon amongst the Dragonball community. Because the original creator of the series wasn't involved with the GT storyline. Hopefully this review will encourage people to watch the series. There is an abridged Dragonball Z series called Dragonball Z Kai. They pretty much cut out the filler. And get right the point.

I hate it with a passion. It's the only show that my oldest can't agree on. Him and his crew love that awful shit.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Not really into noir type shows but Perry Mason is good. It is like another season of True detective.

btw why do all murder mysteries deal with some kid been killed?
same creator /show runner

as for the kids theme...
what do Jared from Subway, Sandusky n Epstein have in common?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not shocked Jim Carreys Kidding was cancelled it really ran out of steam in the latter part of season 2

Another great women in prison series on Netflix

AAAABVyT5_6svHK5oDuXk4hmyEmyWVC9WnITWr5TWQLVpf45ZLqG3kM7qBJHfy1DILWJB5PxVWVP9Qv2_ECFwsbqqIvIMni5-QWNjrCtvdrXV272-rY_dmh-GYFlJyKeY2wUjyZ8CMWLH19rOi9I1sidusCieFLRJwI.jpg

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
HBO Originals Asia...?

so HBO asia carries different original programming thtas never released here ...?:confused:

Winter has fallen on the South Pole. A small team, known as the Winterers, will remain at the Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station to continue their innovative research, a crucial part in the fight against climate change.

TrgyDdUc.jpg

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
complete season 2 out on blu ray ...might drop in the trap...

did we ever get any reviews on this ....?

5wOHE.jpg

Set in the Stephen King multiverse, CASTLE ROCK combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. In Season two, a feud between warring clans comes to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes, Stephen King’s nurse from hell, gets waylaid in Castle Rock.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
HBO Originals Asia...?

so HBO asia carries different original programming thtas never released here ...?:confused:

Winter has fallen on the South Pole. A small team, known as the Winterers, will remain at the Polaris VI Antarctic Research Station to continue their innovative research, a crucial part in the fight against climate change.

TrgyDdUc.jpg

Sounds good.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Not shocked Jim Carreys Kidding was cancelled it really ran out of steam in the latter part of season 2

Another great women in prison series on Netflix

AAAABVyT5_6svHK5oDuXk4hmyEmyWVC9WnITWr5TWQLVpf45ZLqG3kM7qBJHfy1DILWJB5PxVWVP9Qv2_ECFwsbqqIvIMni5-QWNjrCtvdrXV272-rY_dmh-GYFlJyKeY2wUjyZ8CMWLH19rOi9I1sidusCieFLRJwI.jpg

Might finish off Kidding. Saw the 1st season and 3 eps of the 2nd earlier this year. Episodes are only 30 mins so just something to have on in the background.

Locked Up sounds good, as you noted.

Been enjoying the current 3rd season of Yellowstone. They’ve added some additional characters, and the show always looks good given the amount of outdoor shooting locations.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
i aint iwt that scary shit...i`ll wait on the reviews....:cool:

Agreed. Hopefully it's worth checking out. Speaking of thrillers ... did you ever see the 1st season of The Terror? That was a good one.

The first season was developed by David Kajganich and is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848. Featured in the cast are Jared Harris as Captain Francis Crozier, Tobias Menzies as Commander James Fitzjames, Paul Ready as Dr. Harry Goodsir, and Ciarán Hinds as Franklin. The second season was co-created by Alexander Woo and Max Borenstein and is mostly set in a Japanese internment camp during World War II. It stars Derek Mio, Kiki Sukezane, Cristina Rodlo, Shingo Usami, Naoko Mori, Miki Ishikawa, and George Takei.