TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Space Force

6.5/10

This is a satire sitcom of the newly formed US Space Force on Netflix.

The show is funny, but its not flat out funny.

The premise of the show is Steve Carell's General Naird who is promoted to 4 star general and then drafted to head the new Space Force as it's first Chief. The show is mainly about him and his interactions with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, colleagues and his personal life that affects his decisions on his job.

The show gives comedy toward the military that active duty and veterans will get. They do a decent job of doing it so folks with no experience with the military will understand, but there are inside jokes. The scenes with the Joint Chiefs are some of the best scenes.

They make fun of politics that are involved with space exploration and various social and cultural issues. They have a female politician modelled after US Rep. Alexandria Cortez. John malkovich co-stars and gives a good performance doing a slight satire of "Dr. Strangelove".

Other actors are good and are cast well for the parts they play. Fred Willard co-stars in it and passed away before the show airs. They give a tribute at the start of episode one. Not sure how they will handle his character in season 2.

The show is laced with jokes against Trump and his wife done in a subtle way on showing how ignorant he is.

Malkovich character is gay, nothing is shown. And there is some growing interracial tension between the black female helicopter pilot and the asian male scientist.

There is no eye candy on the show.

It's a good show to watch, not sure if you want to binge it like I did. It's no better or worse than other sitcom's out there.

There are 10 episodes at 30 minutes each.

If you are a big fan of Steve Carell's work from SNL, The Daily Show and The Office, you will enjoy this.

Synopsis

Space Force is a workplace comedy series that centers on a group of people tasked with establishing the sixth branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Space Force. Carell's character, Mark Naird, is the general in charge of the effort and the series follows his collaboration to get "boots on the moon" per the orders of the President.

steve_carell.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Space Force

6.5/10

The premise of the show is Steve Carell's General Naird who is promoted to 4 star general and then drafted to head the new Space Force as it's first Chief. The show is mainly about him and his interactions with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, colleagues and his personal life that affects his decisions on his job.

The show gives comedy toward the military that active duty and veterans will get. They do a decent job of doing it so folks with no experience with the military will understand, but there are inside jokes. The scenes with the Joint Chiefs are some of the best scenes.

They make fun of politics that are involved with space exploration and various social and cultural issues. They have a female politician modelled after US Rep. Alexandria Cortez. John malkovich co-stars and gives a good performance doing a slight satire of "Dr. Strangelove".

Other actors are good and are cast well for the parts they play. Fred Willard co-stars in it and passed away before the show airs. They give a tribute at the start of episode one. Not sure how they will handle his character in season 2.

The show is laced with jokes against Trump and his wife done in a subtle way on showing how ignorant he is.

Malkovich character is gay, nothing is shown. And there is some growing interracial tension between the black female helicopter pilot and the asian male scientist.

It's a good show to watch, not sure if you want to binge it like I did. It's no better or worse than other sitcom's out there.

If you are a big fan of Steve Carell's work from SNL, The Daily Show and The Office, you will enjoy this.

Synopsis

Space Force is a workplace comedy series that centers on a group of people tasked with establishing the sixth branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Space Force. Carell's character, Mark Naird, is the general in charge of the effort and the series follows his collaboration to get "boots on the moon" per the orders of the President.

steve_carell.jpg

Thanks for the review. A friend has been talking about this series recently anticipating checking it out soon.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Space Force

6.5/10

Synopsis

steve_carell.jpg

will pass on this.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Betaal

7/10

If you looking for a zombie series on Netflix to quench your Thirst for now. This series should do.

This is a Bollywood series and it is co-produced by Blumhouse productions who specialize in horror and paranormal movies in the US.

The premise is different from other zombie flicks and movies,it's kind of similar to Netflix's "Kingdom" with the zombies. Not much for graphic violence, no nudity or sex or foul language. Probably due to India's strict censorship guidelines.

The series is only 4 episodes at about 50+ minutes each.

Episode 1 is a brief backstory, followed by character introduction and zombie introduction.

Episode 2 is mainly character insight development with little action.

Episode 3 gives more explanation of what is going on.

Episode 4 has some action and then the final scene is what will hook you into Season 2 for SHTF!

Don't go FF to the final scene, if you do you will go "Yeah, what about it?". Watch the complete series and after the final scene you will go "OH SHIT!!!"

Netflix has it dubbed in English. They having issues with subtitles right now so they might popup while watching it sporadically.

Synopsis

Hired to displace tribal villagers, highway officials unearth an old curse and an army of British soldier-zombies.

betaal-season-1-netflix-review.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Betaal

7/10

If you looking for a zombie series on Netflix to quench your Thirst for now. This series should do.

This is a Bollywood series and it is co-produced by Blumhouse productions who specialize in horror and paranormal movies in the US.

The premise is different from other zombie flicks and movies,it's kind of similar to Netflix's "Kingdom" with the zombies. Not much for graphic violence, no nudity or sex or foul language. Probably due to India's strict censorship guidelines.

Episode 1 is a brief backstory, followed by character introduction and zombie introduction.

Episode 4 has some action and then the final scene is what will hook you into Season 2 for SHTF!

Don't go FF to the final scene, if you do you will go "Yeah, what about it?". Watch the complete series and after the final scene you will go "OH SHIT!!!"

Netflix has it dubbed in English. They having issues with subtitles right now so they might popup while watching it sporadically.

Synopsis

Hired to displace tribal villagers, highway officials unearth an old curse and an army of British soldier-zombies.

Thanks for the info and review!

:cheers:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
o1TnWeb.jpg

Stories from survivors fuel this docuseries examining how convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein used his wealth and power to carry out his abuses.

still trips me out ...:smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Stories from survivors fuel this docuseries examining how convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein used his wealth and power to carry out his abuses.

still trips me out ...:smh:

Anyone listened to any of the Epstein-based podcasts?

Some pretty good ones out there ... all very informative.

Listened to the following ones in recent months ...

- The Mysterious Mr. Epstein

- Truth and Lies

- Devil in the Darkness

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Betaal

7/10

Synopsis

This movie is full of east indian pride and they did not hold back in going in on the british and what they did to their country.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone heard of this series, or checked out the premiere episode? My aunt emailed me yesterday saying she was watching it ...

Trackers is a South African crime thriller series produced by Scene 24, Three River Studios, Helle Media and Scribe Studios.[1] It is an adaptation of Deon Meyer's 2011 novel of the same name,[2] and it was adapted for television by Robert Thorogood, leading a team of South African writers.[3] It is the first co-production between South Africa pay-TV channel M-Net, HBO's sister network Cinemax and German public broadcaster ZDF.[4]

Before the last episode aired, M-Net announced that Trackers was already their best-performing show of 2019.[5]

On April 17, 2020, it was announced that the series will premiere in the U.S. on June 5, 2020 on Cinemax.[6]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone heard of this series, or checked out the premiere episode? My aunt emailed me yesterday saying she was watching it ...

Trackers is a South African crime thriller series produced by Scene 24, Three River Studios, Helle Media and Scribe Studios.[1] It is an adaptation of Deon Meyer's 2011 novel of the same name,[2] and it was adapted for television by Robert Thorogood, leading a team of South African writers.[3] It is the first co-production between South Africa pay-TV channel M-Net, HBO's sister network Cinemax and German public broadcaster ZDF.[4]

Before the last episode aired, M-Net announced that Trackers was already their best-performing show of 2019.[5]

On April 17, 2020, it was announced that the series will premiere in the U.S. on June 5, 2020 on Cinemax.[6]

Watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Recommended it to some friends & family and they'll keep tuning in too.

slam

Super Moderator
New series on HBO ...starring tht chick from Black Earth Rising...chick starting to get some burn ..

she`s from Ghana ...n we we jus had that Ghana thread the other day ...:cool:

Set in London, where gratification is only an app away, I May Destroy You centres on Arabella whose raw and personal experience of consent sits at the heart of the story. Through Arabella we meet a group of fictional friends and colleagues whose sexual adventures frequently collide with a world in which new codes of sexual practice are emerging…

06ea731346339670.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
We Hunt Together

this looks like it has potential ...gonna put ti in the trap...:yes:

0NeEqaQX.jpg

We Hunt Together begins with the collision of two extraordinary people; Baba, a former child soldier desperate to suppress his violent conditioning, and Freddy, a magnetic and disarmingly charming free spirit. When Baba rescues Freddy from an attack following a date that has turned sour, something dark is ignited in them both.

slam

Super Moderator
The Stranger 2020

nQRwbu.jpg

An unassuming young rideshare driver is thrown into her worst nightmare when a mysterious Hollywood Hills passenger enters her car.

not sure what the hell a QUIBI is but this new Channel coming out with some good shit ...:bravo:

dude tht played harry in tht lame reboot spider-man the psycho ... :yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

slam

Super Moderator
When the Streetlights Go On

c8POwX.jpg

The residents of a small town grapple with the ruthless killing of a young girl and a teacher.

another series from QUIBI...Queen Latifah playing the cop .... :bravo:..tht throwback hairdo tho ... :fuckyousay: ...:roflmao:

seems like the black kid one of the leads...:yes:

Last edited:

slam

Super Moderator
Most Dangerous Game

kPsv0tq.jpg

Desperate to take care of his pregnant wife before a terminal illness can take his life, Dodge Maynard accepts an offer to participate in a deadly game where he soon discovers that he’s not the hunter – but the prey.

QUIBI aint fucking around ...:cool::cool::yes:

they getting some good actors too ....

reminds me of this but the tv show takes place in the city .... i kinda liked this movie ...lol

shit had the Roc in it ...:lol:

surviving-the-game-movie-poster.jpg

Last edited:

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

binged watched season 1 & 2

Janelle monae is fine as all outdoors

i would pay to sniff her hair

anyways, decent series
not as good as it was hyped to be
good premise, well shot
but just didnt hold my attention...
was like background watching to me
put it on, surfed bgol, did left over office work etc etc
I'm happy that we have two black leads though
i wouldnt watch it again

i give it a 6.5/10

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Reality Z

8/10

Netflix debuted this today.

If you love zombies, This is the zombie series you are looking for.

This mofo is chock full of gore, blood, zombies feeding on people and graphic violence.

This is the series that the Walking Dead mofos need to be taking notes. Whoever created and produced this series must have studied George Romero's method of dealing with zombies and the human characters.

There ain't no character development, there ain't no story development. When you watch it you will see why. The premise is "How The Fuck We Gonna Get Out Of This?"

There is a gay couple, nothing is shown and it does not play out on how you think. There is some small Lesbian action, but it does not play out like you think.

The series is 10 episodes at 30 minutes each.

If you watch the trailer and think you got it figured out, believe me you don't.

The show is from Brazil and is dubbed in English by Netflix. Subtitles show up when signage comes up.

Synopsis

As zombies attack Rio de Janeiro, reality TV show contestants hunker down in a TV studio where they must deal with more than flesh-eating hordes.

AAAABT2ZGTDF1jsE-CngTZlR6zhthT1sS-9ejkWBAuaWrM4pGvrntVKxXtj2BtTSPAuqg4wdyYnJX9iD6gT2bsMuWVlL7jRr1oq978upIxbBiZyRO_EpbBwkfdXSzsPBQg.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
Condor Season 2 started... :yes:

Based on the novel "Six Days of the Condor" by James Grady and screenplay "Three Days of the Condor" by Lorenzo Semple Jr. and David Rayfiel, CONDOR follows CIA analyst Joe Turner who stumbles onto a plan that threatens the lives of millions. Joe has always been conflicted about his work for the CIA. But when something he's discovered gets his entire office killed, leaving Joe as the only survivor and forcing him to go on the run, the theoretical reservations he's harbored turn into all-too-real moral dilemmas. Under pressure, Joe will be forced to redefine who he is and what he's capable of in order to discover the truth and to stop a plot that threatens the lives of millions.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Reality Z

8/10

Netflix debuted this today.

If you love zombies, This is the zombie series you are looking for.

This mofo is chock full of gore, blood, zombies feeding on people and graphic violence.

This is the series that the Walking Dead mofos need to be taking notes. Whoever created and produced this series must have studied George Romero's method of dealing with zombies and the human characters.

There is a gay couple, nothing is shown and it does not play out on how you think. There is some small Lesbian action, but it does not play out like you think.

The series is 10 episodes at 30 minutes each.

If you watch the trailer and think you got it figured out, believe me you don't.

The show is from Brazil and is dubbed in English by Netflix. Subtitles show up when signage comes up.

Synopsis

As zombies attack Rio de Janeiro, reality TV show contestants hunker down in a TV studio where they must deal with more than flesh-eating hordes.

AAAABT2ZGTDF1jsE-CngTZlR6zhthT1sS-9ejkWBAuaWrM4pGvrntVKxXtj2BtTSPAuqg4wdyYnJX9iD6gT2bsMuWVlL7jRr1oq978upIxbBiZyRO_EpbBwkfdXSzsPBQg.jpg

Thanks for the review. Sounds good! Speaking of zombies ... did you have a chance to check out the Black Summer series a year or two back? Enjoyed that one.

Lol @ "There ain't no character development, there ain't no story development. When you watch it you will see why. The premise is "How The Fuck We Gonna Get Out Of This?"

:roflmao3::cheers: